Britain Apologizes for Pope Jokes

Britain Apologizes for Pope Jokes

There are 294 comments on the New York Times story from Apr 25, 2010, titled Britain Apologizes for Pope Jokes. In it, New York Times reports that:

Britain's Foreign Office issued a hasty apology Sunday to Pope Benedict XVI after publication of an internal memo in which officials joked he could open an abortion clinic, launch a range of condoms or sing a duet with Queen Elizabeth II during a four-day visit in September.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Times.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Slambo

United States

#2 Apr 25, 2010
Stupid joke. The Roman Catholic Deviate Sex Cult would never get into the abortion business because it would cut into heir steady supply of innocent children to sexually molest and mentally/emotionally abuse for their sick pleasure.
HOME OH JOKE

Luzerne, PA

#3 Apr 25, 2010
a rabbi is seen sneaking into a ho house---how sad that rabbis have been tempted by such women, one onlooker said.

a muslim cleric was was seen sneaking into a ho house---how sad that such harlots corrupted a muslim, an onlooker said.

a roman catholic priest was seen sneaking into a ho house---"one of the girls must be needing to be read the last rites" an onlooker said.

“Queer love is here to stay.”

Since: May 07

Los Angeles

#5 Apr 25, 2010
Does apologizing to the head of a RICO criminal organization make one part of the conspiracy to commit the ongoing crime? I'd rather see all civilized nations withdaw recognition from the Vatican City State so that the Nazi Poop will lose sovereign immunity and can be tried before the World Court for crimes against humanity.

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

#6 Apr 25, 2010
There may be some junior officials who may be looking for a job soon. Though some of the suggestions didnít sound too unreasonable.
I wonder who leaked the memo and for what reason.
Theo

Germany

#7 Apr 25, 2010
Under rules of labour party in Britain- brown and fellows are another values:
- genocide, crime against humanity-Iraq, Afghanistan
- corruption
- and love to usa - it means love to all these criminal lobbists who led those criminals from labour party to power.
Religions, justice, mercy, respect for values, respect of life of another people just like these iraqis, Afghans, respect for another cultures religions, right- such values do not exist under rules of labour party in Britain.
deanoff

Gloucester, UK

#10 Apr 25, 2010
Theo wrote:
Under rules of labour party in Britain- brown and fellows are another values:
- genocide, crime against humanity-Iraq, Afghanistan
- corruption
- and love to usa - it means love to all these criminal lobbists who led those criminals from labour party to power.
Religions, justice, mercy, respect for values, respect of life of another people just like these iraqis, Afghans, respect for another cultures religions, right- such values do not exist under rules of labour party in Britain.
The labour party is no different than the Tories when it comes to foreign policy.
They both have the same policy. Suck up to the Americans, even when there are other peoples lives at stake.
They have wrecked this country between the both of them, and this so called, multiculturalism, is heading us down a disaster road.
When people bring their culture to this country, they, more often or not,bring their religion with them, and then demand that we respect it.
Why should we respect any religion?
I have no problem with people believing what they want, but I do have a problem with the government bending over backwards trying not to offend religious peoples feelings.
Decaying Britain

Lagos, Nigeria

#11 Apr 25, 2010
The Golem wrote:
Does apologizing to the head of a RICO criminal organization make one part of the conspiracy to commit the ongoing crime? I'd rather see all civilized nations withdaw recognition from the Vatican City State so that the Nazi Poop will lose sovereign immunity and can be tried before the World Court for crimes against humanity.
Yes but you're a Jew so that twisted view propagated by the leftie and gay's first media is understandable.
deanoff

Gloucester, UK

#12 Apr 25, 2010
Decaying Britain wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but you're a Jew so that twisted view propagated by the leftie and gay's first media is understandable.
I agree with him/her.
Does that make me a,gay Jew?
HOME OH JOKE

Luzerne, PA

#13 Apr 25, 2010
deanoff wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with him/her.
Does that make me a,gay Jew?
A gay jew walks into a bar with a duck. He says to the bartender....
deanoff

Gloucester, UK

#14 Apr 25, 2010
HOME OH JOKE wrote:
<quoted text>A gay jew walks into a bar with a duck. He says to the bartender....
A gay jew walks into a bar with a duck. the bartender says " where did you get that?" The duck replies "New York, there's fcuking millions of them there".
HOME OH JOKE

Luzerne, PA

#15 Apr 25, 2010
deanoff wrote:
<quoted text>
A gay jew walks into a bar with a duck. the bartender says " where did you get that?" The duck replies "New York, there's fcuking millions of them there".
hahaha...yes!
Slambo Jerk

United States

#16 Apr 25, 2010
Slambo wrote:
Stupid joke. The Roman Catholic Deviate Sex Cult would never get into the abortion business because it would cut into heir steady supply of innocent children to sexually molest and mentally/emotionally abuse for their sick pleasure.
And your statement is just as stupid. What an idiot, your mother must of dropped you when you were a baby.Creep.

“Queer love is here to stay.”

Since: May 07

Los Angeles

#17 Apr 25, 2010
Decaying Britain wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but you're a Jew so that twisted view propagated by the leftie and gay's first media is understandable.
Good for you. Stand up for your Nazi, child molesting Pope.

“Everyone is suspect”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#18 Apr 25, 2010
Those Brits should apologize! EVERYONE knows the Queen can't sing.

“Ignorance should be painful”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#19 Apr 25, 2010
When it comes to apologies, the Pope should recall that old Christian platitude "To give is better than to receive."
Frisbee

Anchorage, AK

#20 Apr 25, 2010
OOOOOOoooooooohhhhhh

Are the Child Rapist League's feelings hurt?
That Nazi has some thin skin.
Steve Tellers

Ridgecrest, CA

#21 Apr 25, 2010
Britian is a third rate nation at best. I am sure Benedict couldn't care less what they think of him.

“Everyone is suspect”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#25 Apr 25, 2010
Steve Tellers wrote:
Britian is a third rate nation at best. I am sure Benedict couldn't care less what they think of him.
Militarily perhaps.

Monetarily- The City of London http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_London

Heavy control forces.
Frisbee

Anchorage, AK

#26 Apr 25, 2010
Steve Tellers wrote:
Britian is a third rate nation at best. I am sure Benedict couldn't care less what they think of him.
Rates high enough to stomp Benedict's Nazis and Italy's Fascists.

Way to defend child molesters, Steve. You on NAMBLA's mailing list as well?
RealSheryl

Roslyn Heights, NY

#27 Apr 25, 2010
Britain should apologize for being Britain.

Who gives a ratz azz?

We beat the shite out of those red coats long, long time ago.

Screw the Jerks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News Monday's TV Highlights: 'The Young Pope' on HBO (Feb '17) Feb '17 limuel 11
News Pope Francis (Feb '17) Feb '17 USA-1 2
News Pope Francis takes over Knights of Malta after ... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Sperm 1
News Preview: The Pope's Choir (Dec '16) Dec '16 KenJr26 1
News Pope Francis celebrates 80th birthday with the ... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Butlerrr 1
News Pope Francis: Apologize to gay people and others (Jun '16) Dec '16 Anonymous 5
More from around the web