Believers find mixed blessings in Pope's comments

Full story: Detroit Free Press
Some Catholic believers in the Americas greeted Pope Benedict XVI's recent comments on condoms as a sign that the church was stepping into the modern debate in the fight against AIDS, though the church was adamant Sunday that nothing has changed in its views banning contraception. Full Story
abc-s

Waupaca, WI

#1 Nov 21, 2010
I think the Pope was pretty clear with what he stated.
Why is it now, all of a sudden, everyone is wondering
"What did he mean?"

Read what he said--- 1st steps in a case of a male prostitute
situation. PERIOD.

You know something, if I were a customer of a male prostitute,
I would think think think in the first place about engaging as a customer EVEN before I thought about how great this worker was to be so very "morally correct" and oh so thoughtful and nice to use a condom. 4 out of every 100 condoms have holes in them!

That means that 4 out of every 100 times an infected prostitute works will result in HIV transmission. Yet, that also means that 96 out of every time he works, he does not spread a killer STD. In the case of a male prostitute, it's totally better than going bear for all those 100 times! Ninety-six people were spared!

The half step before step one, though, is: Don't trust any of those stupid rubber things----if you're the customer! Respect yourself a little more than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 10 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
Pope Francis prays for peace in Iraq and Syria 10 hr Kar 2
Text of pope's Christmas Day message 10 hr Kar 2
Pope Francis: 'So Many Tears This Christmas' 11 hr Kar 1
Pope says 'paradise is open to all of God's cre... Dec 13 True Christian wi... 2
Pope summons Mideast envoys to Rome over Islami... Nov '14 Old Pom 7
Obama a hugely impresseda with Pope Francis (Oct '13) Nov '14 truthseeker7 3
More from around the web