Pope Benedict's first tweet

There are 21 comments on the CBS News story from Jun 29, 2011, titled Pope Benedict's first tweet. In it, CBS News reports that:

Pope Benedict joined Twitter to launch a new Vatican web portal and got a personal lesson in how to use an iPad.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1 Jun 29, 2011
Why bother with 21st-century tech when you lead a 13th-century cult?

And you KNOW the first thing he wanted to tweet was "Deutschland uber alles".

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 30, 2011
Who cares?
Just because the old boy tweeted a message, is it worth all the publicity?
He's nothing special. All he represents is the romanist cult, he is elected by other misled romanists, and imagines he is God on earth.

Too bad the romanist element wouldn't get with it and leave the cult before it's too late for them.

“I hate watermelon!”

Since: Dec 10

Stroudsburg, PA

#3 Jun 30, 2011
DOWNWITHROMANISM wrote:
Who cares?
He's nothing special. All he represents is the romanist cult, he is elected by other misled romanists, and imagines he is God on earth.
Too bad the romanist element wouldn't get with it and leave the cult before it's too late for them.
Good post!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4 Jun 30, 2011
Sheryl 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post!
Thanks!! I simply cannot see why romanism thinks itself to be 'THE true church'.... it has more raw nerve than an abscessed tooth.

Indianapolis

#5 Jul 1, 2011
The RCC is no different than any other church--they all believe themselves to be the true path to heaven, even if they don't say it outright. And all are just as corrupt and ultimately meaningless.
DOWNWITHROMANISM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!! I simply cannot see why romanism thinks itself to be 'THE true church'.... it has more raw nerve than an abscessed tooth.

“I hate watermelon!”

Stroudsburg, PA

#6 Jul 1, 2011
DOWNWITHROMANISM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how Catholics/Christians can just ignore the stories of Mithras, et al. As for Mary, compare to Isis, Diana, Astarte, et al. How do they justify today's beliefs?

“I hate watermelon!”

Stroudsburg, PA

#7 Jul 1, 2011
cpeter1313 wrote:
The RCC is no different than any other church--they all believe themselves to be the true path to heaven, even if they don't say it outright. And all are just as corrupt and ultimately meaningless.
<quoted text>
I don't know how any halfway intelligent person could really believe there's a "one, true religion" and that it's the RCC. That's not only nonsensical, but STUPID. It's only a claim that church makes, nothing more.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#8 Jul 1, 2011
Sheryl 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how any halfway intelligent person could really believe there's a "one, true religion" and that it's the RCC. That's not only nonsensical, but STUPID. It's only a claim that church makes, nothing more.
Halfway intelligent? Is mankind capable of fullway? My dear child, were you referring to you're Holy Father, PopeBennieDick?
Echo Sperry Two Two Oh!

Indianapolis

#9 Jul 1, 2011
I have no idea how anyone can believe in a god, for that matter.
Sheryl 1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#10 Jul 1, 2011
cpeter1313 wrote:
I have no idea how anyone can believe in a god, for that matter.
<quoted text>
How about you believe in me my dear child?

Domino Nabisco Baby!

“I hate watermelon!”

Stroudsburg, PA

#11 Jul 1, 2011
PopeBennieDick wrote:
<quoted text>
Halfway intelligent? Is mankind capable of fullway? My dear child, were you referring to you're Holy Father, PopeBennieDick?
Echo Sperry Two Two Oh!
My darling PopeBennie - Of course I wasn't referring to you! I know you know EVERYTHING. You're the most intelligent of all the popes there ever were and I wuv you so much!!!

Your faithful servant,
Beyonce (damn, I didn't mean to print my real name)
paul shykora ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#12 Jul 2, 2011
Sheryl 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My darling PopeBennie - Of course I wasn't referring to you! I know you know EVERYTHING. You're the most intelligent of all the popes there ever were and I wuv you so much!!!
Your faithful servant,
Beyonce (damn, I didn't mean to print my real name)
...WE STILL..''love'' You's.....yada u...eh..

“I hate watermelon!”

Stroudsburg, PA

#13 Jul 2, 2011
paul shykora ARTs wrote:
<quoted text>...WE STILL..''love'' You's.....yada u...eh..
I wuv you too :)

“I hate watermelon!”

Stroudsburg, PA

#14 Jul 2, 2011
DOWNWITHROMANISM wrote:
Who cares?
Good post, and you're right about all the useless publicity. That's as important as telling us what brand of toilet paper he uses (if he uses any at all, that is).

Location hidden

#15 Jul 2, 2011
Sheryl 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wuv you too :)
Holy cow my dear child, how many men do you wuv?

Domino Nabisco Baby!

“I hate watermelon!”

Stroudsburg, PA

#16 Jul 3, 2011
PopeBennieDick wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy cow my dear child, how many men do you wuv?
Domino Nabisco Baby!
I "wuv" the good men here. But I only LOVE my darling husband and of course my son.

Okay, my male cat also (we inherited my son's 2 cats as his wife is highly allergic to them, one male cat, one female). We got the cats at the right time, as we'd been deeply mourning our Golden Retriever that we'd had to euthanize due to cancer :(
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#17 Jul 6, 2011
Sheryl 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I "wuv" the good men here. But I only LOVE my darling husband and of course my son.
Okay, my male cat also (we inherited my son's 2 cats as his wife is highly allergic to them, one male cat, one female). We got the cats at the right time, as we'd been deeply mourning our Golden Retriever that we'd had to euthanize due to cancer :(
..AND...SECReTLY...Me.....shhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...yada uu ...eh..
paul SHYKORA arts

Calgary, Canada

#18 Jul 6, 2011
...ONE OF the ''most''...baauuuuuuuuoooooooo tiful Black-Women...I's did ever ...see......yada u u eh..

“I hate watermelon!”

Stroudsburg, PA

#19 Jul 6, 2011
DOWNWITHROMANISM wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed again :)
sROCSTAR

Calgary, Canada

#20 Jul 9, 2011
..''romance and flower's are...good..''.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After a visit from the pope, Mr. Castro has muc... 19 hr L I G E R 2
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... Apr 25 Sherlayne 8
News 3Turkey recalls ambassador over pope's Armenia ... Apr '15 SpaceBlues 1
News Pope opens Armenian genocide controversy with c... Apr '15 SpaceBlues 2
News Pope calls Armenian slaughter a 1st genocide of... Apr '15 hermansa 1
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... Apr '15 kuda 55
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... Mar '15 Listen to the Word 1
More from around the web