Pope's abdication may be simply the act of a conscientious manager

Yes, Pope Benedict XVI came into the Vatican with the reputation as God's Rottweiler. Read more

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1 Feb 11, 2013
Pope Benedict XVI came into the Vatican with the reputation as God's Rottweiler and now leaves as the Devil's Chihuahua.

Was he a child-abusing priest at one time?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2 Feb 14, 2013
His stepping down may also be the act of a man who sees a certain younger man whom he thinks would make an outstanding pope for our times and who wants to see him through to that position:

"Of course,[the popes'] health is the main reason, and I think his health and his long-expressed wish, even before he was elected pope, to retire mean we do not need any conspiracies to explain the peculiarity of his resignation. That doesn’t mean, however, there are not other significant factors pressing upon Benedict that influenced his decision. Human choices often have many pros and cons one weighs carefully before making a decision like this, and it often takes more than one factor to tip the balance. The one contributing factor that I think might have the most influence in getting anyone to resign before he dies is the hope of having influence over the choice of his successor. There is nothing dark or conspiratorial about that. If one knows his health is rapidly declining, and he has lost the strength to do the job so that it is a great burden to him, AND he has a particular person in mind he would most like to see get the position, that would be good incentive to say,“I’d like to step aside so that my chosen can take the mantel from me and I can help make sure that happens and can enjoy seeing him do it.”

I see reasons to think Pope Benedict XVI would like to see Cardinal Peter Turkson get the job. Let us start with the pope’s own coat of arms, which is unusual....

There are a couple of things a passing pope does to influence who will be successor after his death. One is to stack the college of cardinals with the kind of people whom the pope believes are most likely to choose a leader for the church that will follow the path the pope has set. The other is to advance those cardinals he’d most like to see get the position of pope into the top slots. Pope Benedict XVI has made certain that Cardinal Peter Turkson is in a top slot in Rome. He appointed him President of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace. This is one of the church’s most international bodies, established during the Second Vatican Council. Pope Benedict also appointed him as a member of the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith near and dear to Benedict’s heart. Once known as the Universal (Catholic) Inquisition, this is the body that Benedict, himself, led immediately prior to becoming pope. This office was originally run by popes, as the highest guardian of truth in the RCC.

Consider, too, that in a world where Islamic Fundamentalism is the chief source of terror, this pope might have felt the Church and the world need a pope from Africa where Islam is particularly strong and a pope of color to downplay the immediate assumption in Muslims of many nations that the pope is just speaking from a largely white European interest." (Excerpt from: http://thegreatrecession.info/blog/who-will-b... )

--Knave Dave
jesuschrist blows donkeys

Pittston, PA

#3 Feb 15, 2013
pope abdicating so that some new lowlife can molest little boys and bang nuns up the butt
truth

Houston, TX

#4 Feb 15, 2013
our next pope may be black. http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/11/common-pope-qui ...

the prez got in by fraud.
now the pope will get in by fraud.

this is an example to the american people by letting them know, the country is being stripped down. and most of america will be directed by this move. they will think this is a trend that they have to follow which is based on a bunch of lies, fraud and deceit.
i am not a racist. but they get their way by accusing people of being racist.
that is all they scream.
and in the place of employment nowadays, you cant say this, and you cant say that. they can fire you for discrimination. you do not have freedom of speech. freedom of speech gets re-defined every month or 2. whitepeeps no longer know what to say what-not to say.
the prez is not doing his job. it does not matter what color he is. bush did not do his job.
you can google a web site called: the world debt clock, and see the trillions go up right before your eyes. every time i put its name on here it gets censored, because obamagov owns and controls the internet. they are stopping certain flows of information from getting to the public. the news media is totally biased, and does not report all the news either. this reshaping and reforming of america, the prez is devoted to, will cost a lot of whitepeeps their lives.
and these are most of the lib progressives that wants to censor the bible also. and that is what our country was founded on, no matter how their devils scream otherwise.
finally: i am still entitled to my opinion till obamas re-written version of the constitution gets forced through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obamas to host Pope Francis at White House Sept... 48 min kuda 53
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... Mar 16 Listen to the Word 1
News Pope prays with thousands for kidnap victims in... Mar 1 Tim 1
News Pope's initiative sees homeless flock to Vatican Feb '15 Kar 1
News Pope Denounces Slaying of Egyptian Copts by Isl... Feb '15 Piotr 1
News Pope Francis alters Philippines visit because o... Feb '15 cute 3
News Vatican and pope address Christian-Muslim tensi... (Jun '10) Feb '15 Dervis Eroglu 28
More from around the web