How many cardinals does it take to te...

How many cardinals does it take to teach a Pope to tweet?

There are 6 comments on the Fortune story from Jun 29, 2011, titled How many cardinals does it take to teach a Pope to tweet?. In it, Fortune reports that:

It was a scene familiar to anyone who has tried to show an aged parent or grandparent how to use Apple's tablet computer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fortune.

Since: Sep 10

Earth

#1 Jun 29, 2011
A "tweet" from pope Vindictive? This is a PR move to attract youth, not a "message".

And when I say PR, I mean Pedopriests Recruiting, trying to entice children into sex. Appealing to youth and using things young people do is one tactic commonly used by pedophiles.

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/05/26/italian-...

Marcia Neil

United States

#2 Jun 30, 2011
Parents and grandparents in general all contribute to new-product development, either as a use of polls and demand-calls directed toward them or as technical/cultural input directed from them (much such activity having questionable legality, such as 'harassment' tactics). Therefore, extreme ambivalence about new products and the m.o.s deployed to ensure their mass production can be a factor that affects interactions with naive young people.

With regard to twitter.com , the service is tongue-in-cheek accommodation of specific college populations known to practice bird- and other-creature vocalizations as a sort of intelligence pool.
Jen

Germany

#3 Jun 30, 2011
they produce only more and more gadgets to play just like this ipod, ipad and some other redundant things. Let them say with what a cost they produce it and what materials they need and with what cost to produce this bs. How many people did they murder to produce these things to play to rob their countries.

TheMustardSeed

“Holy Faith in God”

Since: Jun 11

Sweden

#4 Jun 30, 2011
The Lord bless you a 1000 times more as much as you have in your life now.
amen
Fallen Star

Maynard, MA

#5 Jun 30, 2011
Twitter is a website, owned and operated by Twitter Inc., which offers a social networking and microblogging service, enabling its users to send and read messages called tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the user's profile page.

The website is based in San Francisco. Twitter also has servers and offices in San Antonio and Boston. Twitter, Inc. was originally incorporated in California, but as of 2011 is incorporated in Delaware.

Twitter was produced in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey and launched in July. Since then Twitter has gained popularity worldwide and is estimated to have 200 million users, generating 190 million tweets a day and handling over 1.6 billion search queries per day. It is sometimes described as the "SMS of the Internet".
Aqua Buddha

Stillwater, OK

#6 Jun 30, 2011
"How many cardinals does it take to teach a Pope to tweet?"
I'm still looking for the punch line.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar '17 whirlingmerc 9
News Monday's TV Highlights: 'The Young Pope' on HBO Feb '17 limuel 11
News Pope Francis Feb '17 USA-1 2
News Pope Francis takes over Knights of Malta after ... Jan '17 Sperm 1
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
News Pope Francis celebrates 80th birthday with the ... Dec '16 Butlerrr 1
News Pope Francis: Apologize to gay people and others (Jun '16) Dec '16 Anonymous 5
More from around the web