Bp kills my gold fish in pond (true s...

Bp kills my gold fish in pond (true story)

Murf

Montgomery, AL

#1 Jul 3, 2010
Not only the oil we have to worry about but the side effects of the thousands of gallons of oil dispersant in the water and air.I live in the panhandle where just off shore they spray thousands of gallons a day to break up the oil in the water but some of this stays air born and settles on shore and roof tops made of asphalt which react to this chemical.My pond was designed to collect the rain water from my roof and has worked perfect for more than 15 years.Suddenly i have a fish-kill after brief rain.
In the scale of things happening to the gulf this is minor but something more to think about.
Anon

AOL

#2 Jul 3, 2010
Murf wrote:
Not only the oil we have to worry about but the side effects of the thousands of gallons of oil dispersant in the water and air.I live in the panhandle where just off shore they spray thousands of gallons a day to break up the oil in the water but some of this stays air born and settles on shore and roof tops made of asphalt which react to this chemical.My pond was designed to collect the rain water from my roof and has worked perfect for more than 15 years.Suddenly i have a fish-kill after brief rain.
In the scale of things happening to the gulf this is minor but something more to think about.
I recently heard of a North Carolina man who discovered crude-oil contaminant in a fresh-water pond within his property. The Corexit neurotoxin/pesticide/solvent just allows the crude contaminant to be more easily picked up and dispersed by storms and strong air currents--and it NEVER was practical for pollution-management (this known since the time of the ExxonValdez clean-up).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Oil Spill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-BP engineer arrested in Gulf oil spill case (Apr '12) Jul '15 Make farts 4
News Yellowstone River oil spill: Fresh water is tak... (Jan '15) Jan '15 public at risk 2
News Oil Spill Contaminates Montana Town's Water, EP... (Jan '15) Jan '15 discuss locally 1
News How the Ebola crisis is like the BP oil spill (Oct '14) Oct '14 Jeff Brightone 1
Texas Oil Spill (Mar '14) Mar '14 Roblogger 1
News Crews clean up Texas oil spill, dozens ships st... (Mar '14) Mar '14 imagine a world 1
News Trial over BP's Gulf oil spill focuses on compa... (Oct '13) Oct '13 swim 1
More from around the web