What's Worse Than an Oil Spill?

There are 5 comments on the The New York Times story from Apr 19, 2011, titled What's Worse Than an Oil Spill?. In it, The New York Times reports that:

It was by most accounts a disaster. But when it comes to wrecking our oceans, the accidental BP spill was small compared with the damage we do with intent and ignorance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The New York Times.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1 Apr 19, 2011

The President not allowing more domestic drilling.
Southern Wind

United States

#2 Apr 19, 2011
The nuclear accident in Japan and all that trash floating on the ocean from the quake. Then of course there is the radioactive water running into the ocean from the nuclear plant. The list goes on and on and on.......Nuclear energy --no thank you!
Deng

Zhenjiang, China

#3 Apr 19, 2011

WHEN IT IS NOT AN OIL SPILL BUT AN OIL WELL ON THE BOTTOM OF THE GULF OF MEXICO THAT IS STILL LEAKING 5 MILLION GALLONS OF OIL A DAY INTO THE GULF AND THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT IS ALLIED WITH BRITISH PETROLEUM CORPORATION TO HIDE THIS FACT FROM THE PUBLIC.
Radiation forecasts

Toronto, Canada

#4 Apr 19, 2011
morons united

Seattle, WA

#5 Apr 19, 2011
I believe oil well fires like those in Iraq are worse. It burned so much oil in a short time thast the weight gone in fire was too enormous it cause shifting of the earths axis. If you don't believe this try lifting a barrel of oil and see how heavy it is yet were looking at millions or billions of barrels gone which is in my estimation is a lot of weight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Oil Spill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Massive 2013 Oil Spill in North Dakota Still No... Dec '16 Grrr 1
News Ex-BP engineer arrested in Gulf oil spill case (Apr '12) Jul '15 Make farts 4
News Yellowstone River oil spill: Fresh water is tak... (Jan '15) Jan '15 public at risk 2
News Oil Spill Contaminates Montana Town's Water, EP... (Jan '15) Jan '15 discuss locally 1
News How the Ebola crisis is like the BP oil spill (Oct '14) Oct '14 Jeff Brightone 1
Texas Oil Spill (Mar '14) Mar '14 Roblogger 1
News Crews clean up Texas oil spill, dozens ships st... (Mar '14) Mar '14 imagine a world 1
More from around the web