100 Days into Oil Spill Crisis, Worst...

100 Days into Oil Spill Crisis, Worst Appears to Be Over

There are 26 comments on the ABC News story from Jul 28, 2010, titled 100 Days into Oil Spill Crisis, Worst Appears to Be Over. In it, ABC News reports that:

BP's oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico began 100 days ago, a spill that has changed the Gulf of Mexico, causing immense economic hardship and environmental disaster .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
etc

Toronto, Canada

#1 Jul 28, 2010

Censored Gulf news: US health and refugee humanitarian crisis. Day 100 - Topix

Dr. Riki Ott, toxicologist and humanitarian, has advised that three tough choices exist for Gulf Coast residents :

1) Leave ,

2) Stay and wear a respirator, or

3) Become painfully ill .

EPA whistleblower Hugh Kaufman explained this week that the "dispersant" Corexit is meant to cause
internal bleeding and

IntelHub reports today, on Day 100 of the catastrophe,
that evidence of acid rain and human suffering due to chemicals has become so clear

it is logically impossible to discredit it, yet a media black-out continues, enforced by black ops ...

http://www.examiner.com/x-10438-Human-Rights-...
blue_zinc

Lewiston, ME

#3 Jul 29, 2010
What is BP's answer to the:

The Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion, killing 11 co-workers on 4-20-10?
blue_zinc

Lewiston, ME

#4 Jul 29, 2010
What is BP's answer to the:
The Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion, to the survivors?
Diet

Germany

#6 Jul 29, 2010
-crime against humanity in Afghanistan, crime against humanity in Pakistan and crime against humanity in Iraq. Billions for ussmanic invasions and crime against humanity and NOTHING MORE.
Anon

AOL

#7 Jul 29, 2010
It isn't that BP or the feds don't "care" or are "incompetent"--it's just that the upper oligarch plutocrats that control those compartmentalized entities--NEED TO KILL YOU ALL!

How would any of you go about reducing the worldwide population by six or more billions, in a controlled, cost-effective way!? Their future does not need that number of humanity.

How "in your face" obvious does it needs to get, before it finally consciously registers in the general public's collective mind???

More importantly (for me)--is just why, does so much of average humanity quietly accept (and cooperate) with such obvious genocidal intents?

BP phone operator:‘We’re just a diversion to keep them from getting to corporate’| Raw Story:
http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0614/bp-phone-ope...
tired

Santa Clara, CA

#8 Jul 29, 2010
Oil companies would rather spill their oil on oceans,seas,rivers,than give it to people.
Jones

“It's about the American People”

Since: Jun 07

Flushing, NY

#9 Jul 29, 2010
In fact, Obama failed miserably to do anything to stop the oil leak leaving it all to BP, other than play more golf in vacation after vacation to "kill" his wasted time as Obama enjoyed the chaos and anarchy in the golf during the recent 100 days.
Evidently, the Oil disappears in the ocean, becoming food to microscopic microbes and then creates food chain for small fish, bigger fish, sharks and whales. Even humans get benefit from oil spill that feed some of the most popular fish in one way or another. Oil spill in oceans occurred during the recent millions of years and is part of nature as the oil is "eaten" by microscopic organisms that converting the oil to food to fish and people as well.
The communist dictator Obama vowed to use the oil spill as excuse to take over the Oil industry and oil drilling in America and push them to bankruptcy only to bring Iranian and Saudi oil to America to support the Islamic world.
Therefore the liberal Senators and the Democratic party liberal media under Obama is lying to the American people time and again in its effort to use the oil spill for political tool to destroy America’s oil industry and support the Iranian and Saudi Arabia oil imports with hundreds of billion dollars of the American people annually.
The recent investigation of the BP Deepwater Horizon oil rig proved the incompetence of the fake African communist dictator regime and his radical Maoist czars.
In fact, the Obama’s regime “rescue team” in he Golf caused the sinking of the rig due to flooding of the floating chambers of the rig with salt water from the ocean which proves time and again the recklessness and ineptness of the Obama regime that create chaos and anarchy in America in effort to sink it all down.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#14 Jul 30, 2010
Anon wrote:
It isn't that BP or the feds don't "care" or are "incompetent"--it's just that the upper oligarch plutocrats that control those compartmentalized entities--NEED TO KILL YOU ALL!
How would any of you go about reducing the worldwide population by six or more billions, in a controlled, cost-effective way!? Their future does not need that number of humanity.
How "in your face" obvious does it needs to get, before it finally consciously registers in the general public's collective mind???
More importantly (for me)--is just why, does so much of average humanity quietly accept (and cooperate) with such obvious genocidal intents?
BP phone operator:‘We’re just a diversion to keep them from getting to corporate’| Raw Story:
http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0614/bp-phone-ope...
Oh look, another fool convinced that BP is the devil.

Perhaps you should actually look at who caused this problem. Either the deepwater horizon wasn't built properly (haliburton) or it wasn't operated properly (transocean). This means it is 100% certain that a US company is responsible for this disaster yet the US can't accept this and deliberately choses to ignore the facts and blame BP.

BP has set aside 20 billion to compensate those affected by the disaster. How much has the US company who is actually responsible spent? Not on lawyers and spin doctors on which they have spent loads but on actually cleaning up the mess?

Also BP weren't the sole owners of the deepwater horizon. There were 2 co owners, both US comapnies. How much have they spent? Do you even know their names?

This entire disaster and the way a British company has reacted to it is actualy a source of pride for the UK. When you look at the callous and irresponsible actions of every US company involved as well as the US media and the US government it seems extremly clear who the bad guys are.

You can't even blame the US oil companies alone. Every single US news organisation has conspired to try and shift the blame for all this to the only company responsible enough to actually help clean up the mess. Note the first line of this very article, calling it BP's oil spill. Are any of these companies chasing up those who are actually responsible or even investigating the issue?

Also lets not forget the politicians in the USA from the president on down. Essetially all of them are trying to blame BP and make a name form themselves. So corrupt are they that they are now trying to blame BP for Al Megrahi's release from prison.

So the facts of the matter are that every UK organisation involved has acted responsibly, selflessly and well. In comparison every US organisation involved (of which there are many) has been selfish, opportunistic and downright irresponsible. In fact given that all parts of US society be they civil, corporate or govenment have acted extremely shamefully in this whole incident.

This has show the US up as a deeply flawed society, rotten to the core in numerous ways. Quite simply the deepwater horizon incident should be a source of national shame for the whole USA. Sadly though you are too deluded to accept this, another massive flaw in your nation.

The rest of the world looks on and pities your innability to accept the truth.
Anon

AOL

#16 Jul 30, 2010
If monkeys can read--well, why not British Petroleum shill trolls also!?

BP-troll, you are going to disappear--but your apologistic BS will remain--to be broken down--like polluting crude.

MANY entities share in creating the problem--BUT THE MAIN CULPABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FALL ON BRITISH PETROLEUM!!!!
BP was the PRINCIPLE LESSEE of the Deepwater Horizon. It was the PRINCIPLE PRODUCER of Macondo oil field-Mississippi Canyon Block 252.

From the beginning of the disaster--screw-up incompetent BP was the entity in charge--and, chief pusher of it's horribly INFERIOR, highly counter-productive and EXTREMELY TOXIC Corexit "dispersant" (read following quote).

"Tony Hayward, BP's chief executive officer, told WAFB Channel 9 news station that the chemical has undergone "lots of testing" and is biodegradable. "We believe it's a very effective way of containing this spill until such time as we can eliminate the leak," he added."--CommonDreams.org

"it was British Petroleum that was charged with carrying out the Oil Spill Response Plans ("OSRP") which the company itself drafted and filed with the government."--Greg Palast/Truthout.org
BP was the main "lobbyist" to the U.S. Federal Government for offshore deepwater oil-drilling. A cheapskate, accident-riddled corporation which was officially and publicly touting itself as "#1 in deepwater oil-drilling" (read following quote).

"That deep-water drilling was a global strategic pillar for BP is evident in the company's March 2010 strategy statement (PDF). On slides 29 through 32, BP's executive team trumpets the company's commitment to being #1 in deep-water drilling for oil and gas; it says that BP will be the best in the world at finding and exploiting reserves in the deepest recesses of the earth and under thousands of feet of water. It says that competency in deep-water drilling will be a source of sustainable competitive advantage. It would have been a good strategy, if it had been supported by outstanding global execution. In failing to do this, the senior team of BP laid the groundwork for the current disaster."--Harvard Business Review Blog

BP as a "source of pride for the UK"--If the British want to take pride in a conniving, cheapskate, corner-cutting, mi$erly, victim-screwing--and, with a looong-established accident history (from ExxonValdez-to-the-present-GOM CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE)--that's their dubious prerogative. Then their "pride" reflects on them.
The Irish say that the Union Jack is a universal symbol of colonialism--pretty soon the Union Jack may also be seen as an oil rag!

----------

How BP Could Have Avoided Disaster - Michael Watkins - Harvard Business Review:
http://blogs.hbr.org/watkins/2010/06/global_s...

Greg Palast » Slick Operator: The BP I’ve known too well:
http://www.gregpalast.com/slick-operator-the-...

BP Accused of Using Gulf of Mexico as 'Toxic Testing-Ground'| CommonDreams.org :
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/05/...

Deepwater Horizon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwater_Horizo...
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#18 Jul 31, 2010
Anon wrote:
If monkeys can read--well, why not British Petroleum shill trolls also!?
BP-troll, you are going to disappear--but your apologistic BS will remain--to be broken down--like polluting crude.
MANY entities share in creating the problem--BUT THE MAIN CULPABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FALL ON BRITISH PETROLEUM!!!!
BP was the PRINCIPLE LESSEE of the Deepwater Horizon. It was the PRINCIPLE PRODUCER of Macondo oil field-Mississippi Canyon Block 252.
From the beginning of the disaster--screw-up incompetent BP was the entity in charge--and, chief pusher of it's horribly INFERIOR, highly counter-productive and EXTREMELY TOXIC Corexit "dispersant" (read following quote).
"Tony Hayward, BP's chief executive officer, told WAFB Channel 9 news station that the chemical has undergone "lots of testing" and is biodegradable. "We believe it's a very effective way of containing this spill until such time as we can eliminate the leak," he added."--CommonDreams.org
"it was British Petroleum that was charged with carrying out the Oil Spill Response Plans ("OSRP") which the company itself drafted and filed with the government."--Greg Palast/Truthout.org
BP was the main "lobbyist" to the U.S. Federal Government for offshore deepwater oil-drilling. A cheapskate, accident-riddled corporation which was officially and publicly touting itself as "#1 in deepwater oil-drilling" (read following quote).
"That deep-water drilling was a global strategic pillar for BP is evident in the company's March 2010 strategy statement (PDF). On slides 29 through 32, BP's executive team trumpets the company's commitment to being #1 in deep-water drilling for oil and gas; it says that BP will be the best in the world at finding and exploiting reserves in the deepest recesses of the earth and under thousands of feet of water. It says that competency in deep-water drilling will be a source of sustainable competitive advantage. It would have been a good strategy, if it had been supported by outstanding global execution. In failing to do this, the senior team of BP laid the groundwork for the current disaster."--Harvard Business Review Blog
BP as a "source of pride for the UK"--If the British want to take pride in a conniving, cheapskate, corner-cutting, mi$erly, victim-screwing--and, with a looong-established accident history (from ExxonValdez-to-the-present-GOM CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE)--that's their dubious prerogative. Then their "pride" reflects on them.
The Irish say that the Union Jack is a universal symbol of colonialism--pretty soon the Union Jack may also be seen as an oil rag!
----------
How BP Could Have Avoided Disaster - Michael Watkins - Harvard Business Review:
http://blogs.hbr.org/watkins/2010/06/global_s...
Greg Palast » Slick Operator: The BP I’ve known too well:
http://www.gregpalast.com/slick-operator-the-...
BP Accused of Using Gulf of Mexico as 'Toxic Testing-Ground'| CommonDreams.org :
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/05/...
Deepwater Horizon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwater_Horizo...
Perhaps then you can name a single US organsiation which has acted in a better way concerning the oil spill which a US company caused?

Nope, didn't think so.

Perhaps you can tell me how the primary leaseholder is responsible and not the company who actually caused the accident?

Nope, didn't think so.

Perhaps you can explain how on a joint lease only one of the leaseholders is responsible?

Nope, didn't think so.

So thanks for proving my point. There are some seriously deluded Americans out there who are utterly unwilling to accept that the US has any responsibility whatsoever for a problem they caused and were too money grabbing to clean up.
Anon

AOL

#19 Jul 31, 2010
Perhaps monkeys can read better than you. Do you understand what the word "principle" means!?

"MANY entities share in creating the problem--BUT THE MAIN CULPABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FALL ON BRITISH PETROLEUM!!!!"...ALL available evidence backs this.

I am not "proving negatives" (which seems to be what you are stupidly asking for)--I'm going on all available evidence and established facts.

British Petroleum is mainly responsible for the Deepwater Horizon "accident" (including many related pre-conditions). How does this prove your idiot-shill contentions??

It wasn't "Manchurian-Candidate " Obama at the wheel either--it was cheapeskate, greed-beyond-belief, don't-give-damn "Beyond Petroleum" BP!

BTW--the warming "Conveyor Belt" Gulf-Atlantic thermal ocean currents, supplying warmth to the British Isles have functionally STOPPED--you can thank BP's greed-driven "accident" for that also.

Have a nice day, shill.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#20 Jul 31, 2010
Anon wrote:
Perhaps monkeys can read better than you. Do you understand what the word "principle" means!?
"MANY entities share in creating the problem--BUT THE MAIN CULPABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FALL ON BRITISH PETROLEUM!!!!"...ALL available evidence backs this.
I am not "proving negatives" (which seems to be what you are stupidly asking for)--I'm going on all available evidence and established facts.
British Petroleum is mainly responsible for the Deepwater Horizon "accident" (including many related pre-conditions). How does this prove your idiot-shill contentions??
It wasn't "Manchurian-Candidate " Obama at the wheel either--it was cheapeskate, greed-beyond-belief, don't-give-damn "Beyond Petroleum" BP!
BTW--the warming "Conveyor Belt" Gulf-Atlantic thermal ocean currents, supplying warmth to the British Isles have functionally STOPPED--you can thank BP's greed-driven "accident" for that also.
Have a nice day, shill.
So tell me, if you sub let a property and your new tennents cause the property to blow up, is this your fault or theirs? Who should foot the bill?

True or false: The deepwater horizon explosion was either caused by the rig not being built properly (haliburton) or operated properly (transocean). BP didn't perform either of these tasks.

Also I can't help notice that you can't answer a single one of the questions I'd previously asked and instead accuse me of asking you to prove negatives.

Perhaps you can tell me a single thing BP has done wrong apart from hiring US contractors? Why are they the only ones who seem to be trying to help?
Anon

AOL

#21 Jul 31, 2010
Dimwit; if you lease an automobile, and operate it recklessly or Criminally (in Gross or Criminal Negligence)--who will ultimately bear the major blame--you or the leasing owner!?

Your "true or false" BS comment does not reflect accurate historical facts, intentional critical safe-operation oversights--and idiotically ignores the reality that BP was directing the overall operation.

In FACT, BP ran its Atlantis drilling platform operation in pretty much the same slipshod cheapskate "profit over safety" way as the Deepwater Horizon.

My prerogative to reply, and how I reply. Your mental blocks and emotional denial (if real) or what the hell you "notice" is YOUR head problem. If you are ignoring main culpability or responsibility facts--or focusing away from them, I will point that out.

"Perhaps you can tell me a single thing BP has done wrong apart from hiring US contractors? Why are they the only ones who seem to be trying to help?"--Is your head really buried that deep in the proverbial sand???

You appear to be as dumb and research-challenged--as BP was regarding risk analysis, observing safety procedures and equipment maintenance--not to mention crisis management response.

You notice things--but you don't observe too well.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#22 Jul 31, 2010
Anon wrote:
Dimwit; if you lease an automobile, and operate it recklessly or Criminally (in Gross or Criminal Negligence)--who will ultimately bear the major blame--you or the leasing owner!?
Your "true or false" BS comment does not reflect accurate historical facts, intentional critical safe-operation oversights--and idiotically ignores the reality that BP was directing the overall operation.
In FACT, BP ran its Atlantis drilling platform operation in pretty much the same slipshod cheapskate "profit over safety" way as the Deepwater Horizon.
My prerogative to reply, and how I reply. Your mental blocks and emotional denial (if real) or what the hell you "notice" is YOUR head problem. If you are ignoring main culpability or responsibility facts--or focusing away from them, I will point that out.
"Perhaps you can tell me a single thing BP has done wrong apart from hiring US contractors? Why are they the only ones who seem to be trying to help?"--Is your head really buried that deep in the proverbial sand???
You appear to be as dumb and research-challenged--as BP was regarding risk analysis, observing safety procedures and equipment maintenance--not to mention crisis management response.
You notice things--but you don't observe too well.
Thats an interesting example you give with a hire car where you say the operator is clearly to blame. BP didn't operate the platform dumbass. Transocean did. Those US contractors you somehow think aren't to blame but can't explain why.

You also say BP are to blame because didn't do a good enough risk analysis or observe safety procedures and equipment maintenace. Isn't that the operators job? Isn't that and ensuring the oil keeps flowing the whole of the operators job? Are Transocean not to blame because they're all toddlers and don't know any better?

Then you're even dumb enough to criticise their crisis management. Apart from calling in lawyers and trying to protect their assets every single involved party except BP has done pretty much nothing. I asked before if you even knew the names American co -owners of the lease who've not contributed a thing to the cleanup and you avoided the question.

The other reason you've come up with for BP being responsible is that they operate their own platforms the same way as transocean so since the one transocean was running blew up BP must be responsible?

You can't actually give a single valid reason why BP are to blame here but are apparently too dumb to realise. You can't name a single one of the other involved parties who've done anything much to help yet somehow you're fixated on blaming the one company actually trying to help? You're embarrassing yourself.
Anon

AOL

#23 Jul 31, 2010
Dimwit ignoramus; there's functional difference between "leased" and "operate". There were two on-rig BP "company men" (Don Vidrine & Bob Kaluza) charged with overseeing day/night operations and critical decisions (not counting the BP Houston texas headquarters link). Do you understand what "chain of command" signifies? Where does BP fit in MORON?

THE OBSERVER 2 May 2010 (BP article excerpt): "Twelve months ago BP dismissed the possibility that a catastrophic accident could happen at its offshore rig Deepwater Horizon, it emerged yesterday. An exploration plan and environmental impact analysis for the well, produced by the company in 2009, concluded that it was virtually impossible for there to be a giant crude oil spill from it." <--Notice the words "exploration PLAN" and "environmental impact analysis"--What the hell do you "think" they mean MORON!?? Who starts, then orchestrates and oversees the whole operation MORON??

I REPEAT: ""MANY entities share in creating the problem--BUT THE MAIN CULPABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FALL ON BRITISH PETROLEUM!!!!"...ALL available evidence backs this.""

ANOTHER REPEAT MORON: "it was British Petroleum that was charged with carrying out the Oil Spill Response Plans ("OSRP") which the company itself drafted and filed with the government."--Greg Palast/Truthout.org

Regarding Crisis Management and "OSRP"--READ THE FOLLOWING LINK MORON:

BP had no plan for Deepwater Horizon disaster | Energy & Environment:
http://www.rightsidenews.com/2010060210431/en...

Whether BP PLC owns 56% or leases their Atlantis drilling and personnel quarters rig set-up and oil-field is not particularly relevant by itself, regarding safety concerns. WHAT MATTERS IS BP'S ESTABLISHED OVERALL POOR SAFETY HISTORY. Remember the "chain of command" responsibility MORON.

Atlantis Oil Field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis_Oil_Fie...

You don't have your head in the sand--you have it in your rear-end shill MORON. LEARN TO READ ENGLISH!!
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#24 Aug 1, 2010
Anon wrote:
Dimwit ignoramus; there's functional difference between "leased" and "operate". There were two on-rig BP "company men" (Don Vidrine & Bob Kaluza) charged with overseeing day/night operations and critical decisions (not counting the BP Houston texas headquarters link). Do you understand what "chain of command" signifies? Where does BP fit in MORON?
THE OBSERVER 2 May 2010 (BP article excerpt): "Twelve months ago BP dismissed the possibility that a catastrophic accident could happen at its offshore rig Deepwater Horizon, it emerged yesterday. An exploration plan and environmental impact analysis for the well, produced by the company in 2009, concluded that it was virtually impossible for there to be a giant crude oil spill from it." <--Notice the words "exploration PLAN" and "environmental impact analysis"--What the hell do you "think" they mean MORON!?? Who starts, then orchestrates and oversees the whole operation MORON??
I REPEAT: ""MANY entities share in creating the problem--BUT THE MAIN CULPABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FALL ON BRITISH PETROLEUM!!!!"...ALL available evidence backs this.""
ANOTHER REPEAT MORON: "it was British Petroleum that was charged with carrying out the Oil Spill Response Plans ("OSRP") which the company itself drafted and filed with the government."--Greg Palast/Truthout.org
Regarding Crisis Management and "OSRP"--READ THE FOLLOWING LINK MORON:
BP had no plan for Deepwater Horizon disaster | Energy & Environment:
http://www.rightsidenews.com/2010060210431/en...
Whether BP PLC owns 56% or leases their Atlantis drilling and personnel quarters rig set-up and oil-field is not particularly relevant by itself, regarding safety concerns. WHAT MATTERS IS BP'S ESTABLISHED OVERALL POOR SAFETY HISTORY. Remember the "chain of command" responsibility MORON.
Atlantis Oil Field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis_Oil_Fie...
You don't have your head in the sand--you have it in your rear-end shill MORON. LEARN TO READ ENGLISH!!
So instead of providing a single fact you've decided to call me moron numerous times in a vain attempt to cover up your own massive ignorance.

You once again provide a flawed and extremely bad annalogy. If its the top of the chain of command who is responsible then you can blame the US government who have done pretty much nothing to help. Just like every other involved party who are all American they've done piss all but try and cover their own backs and blame BP.

BP are the only company helping and retards like yourself clearly just hate them for it. They've made your government, your media, many large US companies and the US public as a whole look like children who are utterly unwilling to accept any responsibility.

In the UK we grow out of such behaviour around 3 years of age. In the USA apparently you do not.

So if you must throw another childish tantrum, blame BP and throw all your toys out the pram go ahead. If on the other hand you would like to enter the adult world and actually look at things fairly the rest of the world would be glad to accept you.
Anon

AOL

#25 Aug 1, 2010
Egads! What sourcing I've provided for my arguments is insufficient for a "BP can do no wrong" defensive mental defective cretin! You are positively ripping away my forum image! Hey Moron, fine with me if you cling to your mental denial--quite informational actually. You think your external reality is nasty bad now--wait and see what it will become by year's end!

"You once again provide a flawed and extremely bad annalogy. If its the top of the chain of command who is responsible then you can blame the US government who have done pretty much nothing to help. Just like every other involved party who are all American they've done piss all but try and cover their own backs and blame BP."-- Be thankful that the current White House puppet was campaign-bribed by BP.

You are simplistic and incorrect regarding chain of command. Our corrupt, BP-colluding Federal Government has to institute expropriation action, or Temporary Receivership over BP America. Until such actions happen, the feds have no authority or direct oversight of off-shore BP operations (also, until such actions, BP remains completely a NON-American owned corporation).

Why Obama Should Put BP Under Temporary Receivership:
http://wallstreetpit.com/30081-why-obama-shou...

Were it up to me personally--you'd best believe that as much of BP's assets would have been quickly seized PERMANENTLY--and psychopath CEO Tony Edwards headed for GITMO. NO miserly doled-out 20 billion "jump-through-hoops" grubby compensation fund. NO "SIPHONING DRAG-OUTS", AND NO COREXIT OFFSHORE DUMPING to hide BP's greed FU's! Be thankful indeed that there is a BP-protecting Obama corporate puppet in the White House.

NO, we don't need you GD "acceptance"--what we need is to put some healthy distance from you. Take your City of London machinations, your stinky Lizard Queen, and cheapskate greedy FU corporations like BP and shove them up your collective hegemonic English rear ends!

Which may well be the trend worldwide.
Anon

AOL

#26 Aug 1, 2010
Typo correction and additional comment.

Meant to write "psychopath CEO Tony Hayward"--who as far as I am concerned is easily chargeable with Crimes Against Humanity (especially when the Corexit/crude pollution health effects and deaths begin to be quantified)--along with Crimes Against Nature (ecocide).

Not only Mr. Hayward--but every other upper level BP manager involved in the Macondo field production.
DMurolo

Trenton, NJ

#27 Aug 2, 2010
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, another fool convinced that BP is the devil.
Perhaps you should actually look at who caused this problem. Either the deepwater horizon wasn't built properly (haliburton) or it wasn't operated properly (transocean). This means it is 100% certain that a US company is responsible for this disaster yet the US can't accept this and deliberately choses to ignore the facts and blame BP.
BP has set aside 20 billion to compensate those affected by the disaster. How much has the US company who is actually responsible spent? Not on lawyers and spin doctors on which they have spent loads but on actually cleaning up the mess?
Also BP weren't the sole owners of the deepwater horizon. There were 2 co owners, both US comapnies. How much have they spent? Do you even know their names?
This entire disaster and the way a British company has reacted to it is actualy a source of pride for the UK. When you look at the callous and irresponsible actions of every US company involved as well as the US media and the US government it seems extremly clear who the bad guys are.
You can't even blame the US oil companies alone. Every single US news organisation has conspired to try and shift the blame for all this to the only company responsible enough to actually help clean up the mess. Note the first line of this very article, calling it BP's oil spill. Are any of these companies chasing up those who are actually responsible or even investigating the issue?
Also lets not forget the politicians in the USA from the president on down. Essetially all of them are trying to blame BP and make a name form themselves. So corrupt are they that they are now trying to blame BP for Al Megrahi's release from prison.
So the facts of the matter are that every UK organisation involved has acted responsibly, selflessly and well. In comparison every US organisation involved (of which there are many) has been selfish, opportunistic and downright irresponsible. In fact given that all parts of US society be they civil, corporate or govenment have acted extremely shamefully in this whole incident.
This has show the US up as a deeply flawed society, rotten to the core in numerous ways. Quite simply the deepwater horizon incident should be a source of national shame for the whole USA. Sadly though you are too deluded to accept this, another massive flaw in your nation.
The rest of the world looks on and pities your innability to accept the truth.
instead of trying to figure what country is more to blame perhaps we all could scratch our heads and wonder why our elected officials allowed these companies to operate in this arena without any plan on "What If" You wouldnt see a Fire Department or a Police Department not practice for almost every type of What if situation. The oil companies didnt think it would ever happen to them or any oil company? What were-are they thinking ot not thinking at our expence. All off shore drilling should stop untill measures can be put into place to safeguard us all.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#28 Aug 2, 2010
Anon wrote:
Egads! What sourcing I've provided for my arguments is insufficient for a "BP can do no wrong" defensive mental defective cretin! You are positively ripping away my forum image! Hey Moron, fine with me if you cling to your mental denial--quite informational actually. You think your external reality is nasty bad now--wait and see what it will become by year's end!
"You once again provide a flawed and extremely bad annalogy. If its the top of the chain of command who is responsible then you can blame the US government who have done pretty much nothing to help. Just like every other involved party who are all American they've done piss all but try and cover their own backs and blame BP."-- Be thankful that the current White House puppet was campaign-bribed by BP.
You are simplistic and incorrect regarding chain of command. Our corrupt, BP-colluding Federal Government has to institute expropriation action, or Temporary Receivership over BP America. Until such actions happen, the feds have no authority or direct oversight of off-shore BP operations (also, until such actions, BP remains completely a NON-American owned corporation).
Why Obama Should Put BP Under Temporary Receivership:
http://wallstreetpit.com/30081-why-obama-shou...
Were it up to me personally--you'd best believe that as much of BP's assets would have been quickly seized PERMANENTLY--and psychopath CEO Tony Edwards headed for GITMO. NO miserly doled-out 20 billion "jump-through-hoops" grubby compensation fund. NO "SIPHONING DRAG-OUTS", AND NO COREXIT OFFSHORE DUMPING to hide BP's greed FU's! Be thankful indeed that there is a BP-protecting Obama corporate puppet in the White House.
NO, we don't need you GD "acceptance"--what we need is to put some healthy distance from you. Take your City of London machinations, your stinky Lizard Queen, and cheapskate greedy FU corporations like BP and shove them up your collective hegemonic English rear ends!
Which may well be the trend worldwide.
What a surprise. Still in denial.

You want to blame the one company doing anything to help completely and refuse to apportion any blame whatsoever to the co owners or the contactors who's fault it may have been.

Tell me. If the only company director who actually helped should have been sent to gitmo, what should be done to the directors of the co owners of the rig who haven't done a single thing or the directors of haliburton and transocen who have also done nothing but try to cover their own asses?

If any worldwide trend comes out of this it is that you should hire illegal mexicans just like numerous US companies do. Hiring US contractors like Haliburton or Transocean clearly should never be done by any responsible of fiscally sensible company. They'll do a shit job, run, hide, lawyer up and then try and make sure you pay a massive amount of money for their mistakes.

Utterly unwilling to admit that either the rig wasn't built properly (haliburton) or run properly (transocean). Somehow though having a deep hatred of BP and blaming them fully when really what needs to be done before you blame anyone is find out which US contractor did a shit job and blame them.

Feel free to post again with nothing but insults, not a single argument to back up your case and a clear attitude problem. Your posts do a better job than mine do at showing how numerous retarded people have decided to blame BP but are too dumb to even think of a decent reason why.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Oil Spill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Massive 2013 Oil Spill in North Dakota Still No... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Grrr 1
News Ex-BP engineer arrested in Gulf oil spill case (Apr '12) Jul '15 Make farts 4
News Yellowstone River oil spill: Fresh water is tak... (Jan '15) Jan '15 public at risk 2
News Oil Spill Contaminates Montana Town's Water, EP... (Jan '15) Jan '15 discuss locally 1
News How the Ebola crisis is like the BP oil spill (Oct '14) Oct '14 Jeff Brightone 1
Texas Oil Spill (Mar '14) Mar '14 Roblogger 1
News Crews clean up Texas oil spill, dozens ships st... (Mar '14) Mar '14 imagine a world 1
More from around the web