Panel: Gulf oil spill could happpen again

Full story: USA Today 7
Disasters like the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon rig could happen again without significant reform, according to the conclusions of a presidential panel that has the companies involved in the nation's largest oil spill pointing fingers at each other again. Full Story
Gerard Holmgren

Piscataway, NJ

#1 Jan 6, 2011
And so could 9-11 since we never prosecuted the Saudi Arabians for all those planes on 9-11
Flora

Neptune, NJ

#2 Jan 6, 2011
And just like the first time Obama attempted to clean up the Gulf of Mexico, the Federal response will be disaterous, untargeted, and wasteful.

America needs a serious leader NOW or this country will be belly up before the next election.
argq34gq35gq5h

Piscataway, NJ

#3 Jan 6, 2011
Flora wrote:
And just like the first time Obama attempted to clean up the Gulf of Mexico, the Federal response will be disaterous, untargeted, and wasteful.
America needs a serious leader NOW or this country will be belly up before the next election.
The Exxon Valdez spill happened over 20 years ago. They are STILL cleaning the beaches today. Oil is still visible. Five times more oil was spilled in the gulf. ALL beaches are open. ALL waters in the gulf are safe to fish. There is NO oil in the gulf. BP laundered over $100 Billion dollars through the US government for the supposed spill. BP is ordering the arrest of US citizens on US soil for taking pictures of the non-oil????!!!!
scout

Albany, CA

#4 Jan 6, 2011
Our fed gov caused this spill. They didn't set guidelines that other countries already do.
HAZMAT Tech

Bensalem, PA

#5 Feb 4, 2011
The Federal gov't is not responding to the disaster in the gulf. BP is the responsible party and is paying billions of dollars, using Obrien's Resource Mgt, The Response Group (TRG), Marine Spill Response Corp (MSRC), National Response Corp (NRC), Eagle-SWS, and numerous other response organizations for the cleanup. The gov't is involved as a watch dog, the Coast Guard is overseeing the cleanup since it was a marine incident, to make sure BP does what is right and needed. The spill was certainly not good for the ecology of that region but was good for the economics. Thousands of out of work people in the south were put to work on the oil spill for 7 months, working 7 days a week to minimize the impact of the spill on the ecological well being of the bayous.
Flora

Neptune, NJ

#6 Feb 4, 2011
HAZMAT Tech wrote:
The Federal gov't is not responding to the disaster in the gulf. BP is the responsible party and is paying billions of dollars, using Obrien's Resource Mgt, The Response Group (TRG), Marine Spill Response Corp (MSRC), National Response Corp (NRC), Eagle-SWS, and numerous other response organizations for the cleanup. The gov't is involved as a watch dog, the Coast Guard is overseeing the cleanup since it was a marine incident, to make sure BP does what is right and needed. The spill was certainly not good for the ecology of that region but was good for the economics. Thousands of out of work people in the south were put to work on the oil spill for 7 months, working 7 days a week to minimize the impact of the spill on the ecological well being of the bayous.
If the well wasn't safe, why did Federal safety inspectors sign off on the oil rig just 12 days before the explosion?

p.s. I can't believe you would brag about Earth's worst natural disaster being a boon to the economy in the Gulf.

Your LIBERAL ideology defies logic ...
Mary

United States

#9 Mar 30, 2011
Flora wrote:
<quoted text>
If the well wasn't safe, why did Federal safety inspectors sign off on the oil rig just 12 days before the explosion?
p.s. I can't believe you would brag about Earth's worst natural disaster being a boon to the economy in the Gulf.
Your LIBERAL ideology defies logic ...
Your stupid logic defies even more you stupid idiot. It is a boom, of sorts. Almost everyone getting paid and lots of people got work to clean it up, everyone is putting in claims, even ones that didn't lost anything.
How do you go nder water and check the well head? that is your stupid rightwing logic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Oil Spill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yellowstone River oil spill: Fresh water is tak... Jan 20 public at risk 2
Oil Spill Contaminates Montana Town's Water, EP... Jan 19 discuss locally 1
How the Ebola crisis is like the BP oil spill Oct '14 Jeff Brightone 1
Texas Oil Spill (Mar '14) Mar '14 Roblogger 1
Crews clean up Texas oil spill, dozens ships st... (Mar '14) Mar '14 imagine a world 1
Trial over BP's Gulf oil spill focuses on compa... (Oct '13) Oct '13 swim 1
Critics slam Thai energy giant for inefficient ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 chisholm 1
More from around the web