Cleanup of Mich. River Oil Spill Will...

Cleanup of Mich. River Oil Spill Will Take Months

There are 8 comments on the ABC News - Brian Ross story from Jul 31, 2010, titled Cleanup of Mich. River Oil Spill Will Take Months. In it, ABC News - Brian Ross reports that:

Officials investigating the cause of a huge oil spill along a major river in southern Michigan say it will take months to clean up the mess, and damage to wetlands and wildlife may last considerably longer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News - Brian Ross.

“A Generic User”

Since: Jan 10

Another Person on the Internet

#1 Jul 31, 2010
Watch, they'll say it was caused by Global Warming.
tom L buffalo ny

Buffalo, NY

#2 Jul 31, 2010
probably those damm illegal aliens at work again caused it
Anon

AOL

#4 Jul 31, 2010
From a distance, it appears like infrastructure-caused (and which may increasingly apply to large percentages of aging American oil-distribution pipes). Odd though, how it emerged around the same general time frame of the China pipe spill and the continuing Gulf of Mexico BP disaster.

One very sure thing; without independent credible validation--I wouldn't trust a GD-thing coming out of any EPA mouthpiece.
Ralff

Coldwater, MI

#5 Jul 31, 2010
I can only imagine what is is like to own river front property and see it destroyed like that. When I drove through Battle Creek the other day the smell was terrible. The damage to the environment is unrepairable no matter what they claim. This company has a horrible record, total disregard of the laws and will pay heavily for this mess.

Everyone complained but I told them it smelled like a balanced State budget and rebate for all to me.

“A Generic User”

#6 Jul 31, 2010
Ralff wrote:
I can only imagine what is is like to own river front property and see it destroyed like that. When I drove through Battle Creek the other day the smell was terrible. The damage to the environment is unrepairable no matter what they claim. This company has a horrible record, total disregard of the laws and will pay heavily for this mess.
Everyone complained but I told them it smelled like a balanced State budget and rebate for all to me.
I thought Battle Creek always smelled like that. I went through there years ago and it wasn't exactly the nicest place.

“A Generic User”

#7 Jul 31, 2010
I have a new theory - I think the DEVIL did it!
puck falin

Albion, MI

#8 Aug 1, 2010
Real Morgan Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Battle Creek always smelled like that. I went through there years ago and it wasn't exactly the nicest place.
Perhaps it was your own armpits, or breath.
Justin

Richmond, VA

#9 Aug 3, 2010
Real Morgan Jones wrote:
Watch, they'll say it was caused by Global Warming.
Anything or anyone responsible for getting OBama elected president can be at least partially blamed for these oil spills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Oil Spill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Massive 2013 Oil Spill in North Dakota Still No... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Grrr 1
News Ex-BP engineer arrested in Gulf oil spill case (Apr '12) Jul '15 Make farts 4
News Yellowstone River oil spill: Fresh water is tak... (Jan '15) Jan '15 public at risk 2
News Oil Spill Contaminates Montana Town's Water, EP... (Jan '15) Jan '15 discuss locally 1
News How the Ebola crisis is like the BP oil spill (Oct '14) Oct '14 Jeff Brightone 1
Texas Oil Spill (Mar '14) Mar '14 Roblogger 1
News Crews clean up Texas oil spill, dozens ships st... (Mar '14) Mar '14 imagine a world 1
More from around the web