Cleanup of Mich. River Oil Spill Will Take Months

Full story: ABC News - Brian Ross

Officials investigating the cause of a huge oil spill along a major river in southern Michigan say it will take months to clean up the mess, and damage to wetlands and wildlife may last considerably longer.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8

“A Generic User”

Since: Jan 10

Another Person on the Internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Watch, they'll say it was caused by Global Warming.
tom L buffalo ny

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

probably those damm illegal aliens at work again caused it
Anon

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

From a distance, it appears like infrastructure-caused (and which may increasingly apply to large percentages of aging American oil-distribution pipes). Odd though, how it emerged around the same general time frame of the China pipe spill and the continuing Gulf of Mexico BP disaster.

One very sure thing; without independent credible validation--I wouldn't trust a GD-thing coming out of any EPA mouthpiece.
Ralff

Coldwater, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

I can only imagine what is is like to own river front property and see it destroyed like that. When I drove through Battle Creek the other day the smell was terrible. The damage to the environment is unrepairable no matter what they claim. This company has a horrible record, total disregard of the laws and will pay heavily for this mess.

Everyone complained but I told them it smelled like a balanced State budget and rebate for all to me.

“A Generic User”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Judged:

Ralff wrote:
I can only imagine what is is like to own river front property and see it destroyed like that. When I drove through Battle Creek the other day the smell was terrible. The damage to the environment is unrepairable no matter what they claim. This company has a horrible record, total disregard of the laws and will pay heavily for this mess.
Everyone complained but I told them it smelled like a balanced State budget and rebate for all to me.
I thought Battle Creek always smelled like that. I went through there years ago and it wasn't exactly the nicest place.

“A Generic User”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

I have a new theory - I think the DEVIL did it!
puck falin

Albion, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2010

Judged:

Real Morgan Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Battle Creek always smelled like that. I went through there years ago and it wasn't exactly the nicest place.
Perhaps it was your own armpits, or breath.
Justin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Real Morgan Jones wrote:
Watch, they'll say it was caused by Global Warming.
Anything or anyone responsible for getting OBama elected president can be at least partially blamed for these oil spills.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories - Oil Spill Discussions

Search the Top Stories - Oil Spill Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Texas Oil Spill Mar '14 Roblogger 1
Crews clean up Texas oil spill, dozens ships st... Mar '14 imagine a world 1
Trial over BP's Gulf oil spill focuses on compa... (Oct '13) Oct '13 swim 1
Critics slam Thai energy giant for inefficient ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 chisholm 1
PHOTOS: Oil Spill Turns Beach Black (Jul '13) Jul '13 Gary 4
Texas sues BP, Halliburton, others over oil spill (May '13) May '13 Navy Patriot 1
Florida sues BP over 2010 oil spill (Apr '13) Apr '13 Gary 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••