BP Oil Spill

Full story: ABC News

As early as today a scalpel-sharp saw studded with industrial diamonds will be lowered to a 22-inch riser in an attempt to slice off the main oil pipe so engineers can lower a dome over the spewing oil in the Gulf of Mexico.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Help wrote:
Latest: Four of the five oil companies represeted on capital hill today are using the same oil spill protocol documents. I can't believe with all the money they have they would pull off something like this. It's ovious that they don't care about safety but only the billions of dollars they make. We (America yes and you to) have created this mess we are in becasue of our dependence on oil. Besides that look at where we are getting it from. We (Arizona..not me..not from Arizona) treat mexican imagrants like *%&$ but we suck-up to people that don't care crap for us. We educate them by providing waivers and exemptions, when born americans and yes hard working illegal imagrants can't get small business loans, waived out-of-state fees etc. President Obama and President Bush did and is doing what they are allowed to do. Meaning they are given what they need to know based on how a few politicians, lobbiest and other rich bastards tend to keep most opressed and a few in the "well to do" realm. Please America wake the &%$^ up! Please! It's your family that has to suffer becasue of the stupid and selfish decisions made at the local, state and federal goverments. Who's afraid? We all are. NRA..Why? because they are afraid not if the president will outlaw their guns and amimunition but giving the oppressed a platform to stand on. Meaning when you oppress people they tend to act out on the oppressor (goverment) I'm not by a long shot anti goverment but we need to stop all the politics and find ways to come together and do what's best for the country and not for a select few. Oh yes, you could be a oppressor simply by knowing that things are not right on any particular subject and stand by and do nor say a thing. I'm not the smartest person..but..you figure out the rest since you are.
God Bless the World! We are the world, we are the children. Lets make it a better place for you and me.
Oil companies will do what they are REQUIRED to do as far as safety is concerned, but not more. That's why they have the same or similar EH&S manuals - don't be surprised. The Minerals Management Service sets EH&S guidelines and the companies follow them. If something is not required, it only costs money, so it is not done. They are not a charity organization. If you don't make money every quarter, the stock analysist are going to crucify you. Simple as that.

Since: Jun 07

Mid state S.C.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

2003emm3 wrote:
<quoted text>
12 miles off the coast is the Territorial Waters. To lease acreage there, you go to the state mineral board in LA, TX etc. Outboard is the U.S. Exlusive Economic Zone (extending 200 or so miles offshore). Every coastal country has one. Leasing acreage there falls under the jurisdiction of the Minerals Management Service (MMS) based in New Orleans. It is international waters, but whatever is below the seafloor belongs to the U.S. government.
So pheasibly, past 12 miles, Iran or China could begin drilling without consulting us?

“Yorkshire till I Die!”

Since: Jun 09

Keighley, Yorkshire, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2010

The tables have turned, Oil is now invading the US haha. Take that!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

Devils Advct wrote:
<quoted text>
So pheasibly, past 12 miles, Iran or China could begin drilling without consulting us?
No. Although any oil company from anywhere in the world can obtain offshore acreage in the Exclusive Economic Zone, they would have to bid on it and win it first. The MMS has 2-3 bid rounds a year, in which it auctions these offhore blocks in a closed bid round. Oil companies submit sealed envelopes and the MMS opens them in a public session in New Orleans. Radio carries it and exploration managers in Houston, Dallas and New Orleans sit around their war maps, puting colored pushpins on the map, following who won which block. Whoever submits the largest check wins the block. This is regardless of where the company is from. Only the amount of the bid (also called the lease bonus) matters.

You have numerous foreign oil companies operating in the U.S. through their subsidiaries (Shell, BP, Total, Lukoil, Statoil, Maersk, Eni, Repsol YPF). They come from all over: Japan, Russia, France, Italy, UK, Holland, Denmark... I am not following U.S. oil industry developments very closely, because we moved to Asia several years ago and are not coming back, but I seem to recall CNNOC (a Chinese oil company) already has some interests in the GOM offshore exploration game. I would not worry, however, that an Iranian or a Chinese oil company would sneak its way into the U.S., make some discoveries and then quietly start symphoning oil away. The U.S. is the single largest importer of oil and the most money can logially be made by selling it on the domestic market. We don't have that much oil and will be importing more and more of it for decades to come.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

Jakarta, Indonesia
involved......wow!!!
Derk Gibbons

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2010

The BP Horizon event has been blown open in this DVD! http://ianrcrane.co.uk/index.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories - Oil Spill Discussions

Search the Top Stories - Oil Spill Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Texas Oil Spill Mar 26 Roblogger 1
Crews clean up Texas oil spill, dozens ships st... Mar 25 imagine a world 1
Trial over BP's Gulf oil spill focuses on compa... (Oct '13) Oct '13 swim 1
Critics slam Thai energy giant for inefficient ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 chisholm 1
PHOTOS: Oil Spill Turns Beach Black (Jul '13) Jul '13 Gary 4
Texas sues BP, Halliburton, others over oil spill (May '13) May '13 Navy Patriot 1
Florida sues BP over 2010 oil spill (Apr '13) Apr '13 Gary 1
•••
•••
•••
•••