Gulf Oil spill fades as issue

Full story: Washington Post - The Fix

The oil spill on the Gulf Coast is fading as an issue for most Americans. Photo by Derick E. Hingle/Bloomberg Even as BP works to cap the leaking well in the Gulf Coast , there is new polling data out of Gallup that shows the American public has begun to turns its gaze away from the oil spill.
Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Jul 19, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

Bear, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

"fades as issue"??? I find that offensive. The policitican may consider it not an "issue", they have their 20 billion, BP placed the cap, I supposed that means they are done poisoning us for corporate money.

But, that oil will destroy life for years, children that have not even been born yet will die from the chemical sprays, the oil.

Government and corporate abuse of our own people IS an issue, and this Gulf Oil Spill is a prime example of it.
Anon

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Judged:

Beverly Prather wrote:
"fades as issue"??? I find that offensive. The policitican may consider it not an "issue", they have their 20 billion, BP placed the cap, I supposed that means they are done poisoning us for corporate money.
But, that oil will destroy life for years, children that have not even been born yet will die from the chemical sprays, the oil.
Government and corporate abuse of our own people IS an issue, and this Gulf Oil Spill is a prime example of it.
It's not described as "corporate controlled-media" for nothing! There is NO OUTRAGEOUS AGENDA that does not get perpetrated on the American public without the critical collusion of the controlled mainstream print and electronic News-Media!
kristian

Copenhagen, Denmark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Judged:

that's the human nature. we get lazy and forget if it does not affect ourselves directly. we also get sick of hearing about it and go in denial. wake up people, it's not over. the spill is still on.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Judged:

Can anyone say Operation Mockingbird? Hmmm?
http://www.prisonplanet.com/analysis_louise_0...

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Judged:

I'll bet Goldman Sachs is wishing people would forget.....
http://www.theworldsprophecy.com/goldman-sach...
kristian

Copenhagen, Denmark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

Judged:

livngdedgrl wrote:
Yep I know, it's outrageous. Anyone who by now believe in BP and believe that they want what is best for the human race and wildlife are kidding themselves.

The only thing that has value to the BP top is money. BP known for their obsession with cost cutting. That's a bad thing when you have the power to destroy the world when you drill ultra deep wells.
real Hope and Change

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

Gulf Oil spill fades as issue
Yea how soon liberals forget, But if it had been on Bush's watch now that would be a different story
Anon

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

livngdedgrl wrote:
All kinds of "insider" fore-warnings useful for vulture profiteering (about a year's worth prior to the actual accident).

SCARCITY or LIMITED AVAILABILITY will also make profits (one of the restricting consequences from the Gulf Disaster). Banksters and major oil companies realize all this--just like the contrived profits generated by African conflicts and market-limitations in diamond production/trading.
Anon

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2010

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
All kinds of "insider" fore-warnings useful for vulture profiteering (about a year's worth prior to the actual accident).
From what read and heard so far, regarding Gulf Disaster details, pre-events, corporate-connected angles, etc.--I'd say the disaster conditions were being quietly "assembled" perhaps two years before the actual accident event (including risk location and poor practice warnings).
Anon

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2010

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
From what read and heard so far, regarding Gulf Disaster details, pre-events, corporate-connected angles, etc.--I'd say the disaster conditions were being quietly "assembled" perhaps two years before the actual accident event (including risk location and poor practice warnings).
Slight syntax correction; meant to write "including risky location choice and poor practices procedures (ex: ONE YEAR AGO scientist were warning the federal government that the Macondo location was extremely seismically unstable--and BP has a LONG LONG history of not observing "best practices" industrial procedures).

Think aboput it, these psychopaths in high places have had about two years to conspire, war-game, and factor out all or most of the cascading chaotic consequences resulting from their manufactured environmental disaster (not including their accumulated data on all past lesser environmental disasters).

“hillary's reset button”

Since: Mar 10

Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

I sympathize with the people of the gulf. That said, many of us here in NY feel that the rest of the country forgot us since shortly after 9/11. The majority of terror funding should go to the biggest targets like DC, LA and NYC. Sending gas masks to Nebraska sounds great, until you realize that they should have gone to the NYPD.
Government sucks

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

Gas mask to Nebraska? All G.W. and Tom Ridge said all the rest of us needed was visqueen and duct tape. Now I feel let down. For Sale: 10,000 sq. yds. of visqueen and 10 miles of duct tape.

“hillary's reset button”

Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

Government sucks wrote:
Gas mask to Nebraska? All G.W. and Tom Ridge said all the rest of us needed was visqueen and duct tape. Now I feel let down. For Sale: 10,000 sq. yds. of visqueen and 10 miles of duct tape.
You're an idiot. It's the surrendercrats in congress that play politics with our safety all the time. Kerry came home from Nam and lied about atrocities. Kennedy called Iraq Bush's Vietnam while the decision was still in doubt. Bush and Ridge went to great lengths to protect us while obama is reading miranda rights to war criminals to justify his, carter's and gore's bogus nobel piece of sh!t prizes.
Anon

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

Government sucks wrote:
Don't sell the duct tape yet--it can help some with indoor carbon/hepa air purifier emergency uses (keeping the VOC-laden air outside of rooms with leaky windows).
Anon

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. It's the surrendercrats in congress that play politics with our safety all the time. Kerry came home from Nam and lied about atrocities. Kennedy called Iraq Bush's Vietnam while the decision was still in doubt. Bush and Ridge went to great lengths to protect us while obama is reading miranda rights to war criminals to justify his, carter's and gore's bogus nobel piece of sh!t prizes.
Republicans and Democrats are essentially a DUOPOLY sham representation that serves the corporate power oligarchy interests. It's that NEOCON-CORPORATE-BANKSTER OLIGARCHY that selects their sham "candidates", manipulates and frauds their "elections", buys and keeps in line these duopoly career parasites.

You (who ever "you" is)--are just a tiny part of the ongoing public mind-control propaganda effort. Killer Clown Bush, Darth Vader Cheney, and the rest their genocidal corrupt sleazy insane Neocons--DID NOT PROTECT ANYONE FROM ANYTHING!! Imbecile troll, you are wrapping yourself around the 911WTC/Pentagon "terror" attacks--but (as the cliche goes)--"911 WAS AN INSIDE JOB"!!!

It was also the trigger event for two unnecessary resource-control meat-grinding illegal genocidal wars, mostly benefiting Zionists/Israel and the military-industrial complex.

Neocon troll, you are wrapping your comments in propaganda nonsense!

“hillary's reset button”

Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans and Democrats are essentially a DUOPOLY sham representation that serves the corporate power oligarchy interests. It's that NEOCON-CORPORATE-BANKSTER OLIGARCHY that selects their sham "candidates", manipulates and frauds their "elections", buys and keeps in line these duopoly career parasites.
You (who ever "you" is)--are just a tiny part of the ongoing public mind-control propaganda effort. Killer Clown Bush, Darth Vader Cheney, and the rest their genocidal corrupt sleazy insane Neocons--DID NOT PROTECT ANYONE FROM ANYTHING!! Imbecile troll, you are wrapping yourself around the 911WTC/Pentagon "terror" attacks--but (as the cliche goes)--"911 WAS AN INSIDE JOB"!!!
It was also the trigger event for two unnecessary resource-control meat-grinding illegal genocidal wars, mostly benefiting Zionists/Israel and the military-industrial complex.
Neocon troll, you are wrapping your comments in propaganda nonsense!
I think it's time for your medication.
Anon

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's time for your medication.
Could care less what you think useful idiot! However, the Neocon BS-ing is getting corrected!

“hillary's reset button”

Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Could care less what you think useful idiot! However, the Neocon BS-ing is getting corrected!
Anyone who thinks that American military or intelligence personnel were involved in 9/11 is totally and completely insane. You have allowed your hatred for Bush delude you like rosie o'dingbat. I pity you and all the other lunatics in your asylum.
Anon

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who thinks that American military or intelligence personnel were involved in 9/11 is totally and completely insane. You have allowed your hatred for Bush delude you like rosie o'dingbat. I pity you and all the other lunatics in your asylum.
Spot-on right! One more idiot troll pushing Neocon spin-o-rama on the 'net! Weaving it in to the current Gulf Disaster misery.

Not for you drone Neocon MORON, but anyone else curious reading this post!

9/11 war games before and during the attacks:
http://www.oilempire.us/wargames.html

Infowars.com ---- Government Prior Knowledge and Involvement in the 9-11 Attacks:
http://www.infowars.com/resources.html

AE911Truth.org :
http://www.ae911truth.org/

1,000 Architects & Engineers Call for New 9/11 Investigation:
http://www.infowars.com/architect-engineers-f...

Patriots Question 9/11 - Responsible Criticism of the 9/11 Commission Report:
http://www.patriotsquestion911.com/
Anon

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Some more comments to you NEOCON MORON:

At least Rosie O'Donnell is out in the open about her private life and not blackmailable for it!

Regarding the Republicans' Neocon "ChickenHawk-in-Chief drunk-cokehead, with known closeted predilections for "call-males"--read the following Iraq War criticisms from the other just-as-rotted side of the American political DUOPOLY!

Daily Kos: Kerry: Flip this White House to stop "insanity" YES! The I word!:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/12/23/1332...

Of course today, that past Republican idiot puppet's wars, has now become the present Democrat puppet's current expanded wars! And, the present puppet is another drug-head blackmailable closeted bisexual.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories - Oil Spill Discussions

Search the Top Stories - Oil Spill Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas Oil Spill Mar '14 Roblogger 1
Crews clean up Texas oil spill, dozens ships st... Mar '14 imagine a world 1
Trial over BP's Gulf oil spill focuses on compa... (Oct '13) Oct '13 swim 1
Critics slam Thai energy giant for inefficient ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 chisholm 1
PHOTOS: Oil Spill Turns Beach Black (Jul '13) Jul '13 Gary 4
Texas sues BP, Halliburton, others over oil spill (May '13) May '13 Navy Patriot 1
Florida sues BP over 2010 oil spill (Apr '13) Apr '13 Gary 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••