Man shot dead in East Oakland, marks city's second homicide in less than six hours

Mar 31, 2013 Full story: San Jose Mercury News

A man was fatally shot in East Oakland on Sunday night -- the second homicide in the city in less than six hours, police said.

Full Story
Ex-Oaklander

Livermore, CA

#1 Mar 31, 2013
Mayor Quan: 22 homicide victims in your city so far this year. This is a disgrace! Where is your crime initiative you promised? Where is the reform? WHERE ARE YOU?
Ex-Oaklander

Livermore, CA

#2 Apr 1, 2013
Update: Three murdered on Easter Sunday, not two. Not a word or a peep from our mayor. Where are you Jean? Why are you allowing this brutal violence? When does it stop?
me in the town

Walnut Creek, CA

#3 Apr 1, 2013
Jean was at our parks, let's remember she is not the police, I live on 66th & Bancroft to wake up hearing gun shots on Easter Sunday. Those kids seen their father shot on 68th ave, who does that? An animal these people sorry these heartless cowards need to be FOUND !!! All the shootings in east Oakland , FIND THE KILLER'S!!
Ex-Oaklander

Livermore, CA

#5 Apr 1, 2013
me in the town wrote:
Jean was at our parks, let's remember she is not the police, I live on 66th & Bancroft to wake up hearing gun shots on Easter Sunday. Those kids seen their father shot on 68th ave, who does that? An animal these people sorry these heartless cowards need to be FOUND !!! All the shootings in east Oakland , FIND THE KILLER'S!!
Let's remember Quan is the so called leader of Oakland. You must lead from the front, not the rear. It figures she would be at some park while her citizens are being murdered by the bushel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Oakland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Oakland students suspended less, but huge... 4 hr thegreatlc33 8
Oakland: Significant decline in homicides so fa... Oct 15 Quan must be gone 1
Oakland Voices: Unique gym caters to Oakland's ... Oct 12 RICK OCONNOR 4
Black Muslim security firm makes false claims i... (Mar '14) Sep 30 White Woman 45cal 3
Today's Music Picks: Tears for Fears ready to '... Sep 23 guitar amps 1
Oakland Raiders sign Seattle Seahawks castoff Aug '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 2
Thompson: Oakland Raiders' first-round draft pi... Aug '14 Reggie McWTF 4

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE