Trumped Up Charges?Mexico Making an E...

Trumped Up Charges?Mexico Making an Example Out of Marine, Lawyer Says

There are 113 comments on the Fox News story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Trumped Up Charges?Mexico Making an Example Out of Marine, Lawyer Says. In it, Fox News reports that:

A Marine languishing in a Mexican prison on what his supporters call a trumped up gun charge was made an example by an overzealous prosecutor in a case that begged for discretion, his lawyer said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

Since: May 08

Highland, CA

#44 Dec 19, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Mexico is one of THE MOST CORRUPT, CRIME-RIDDEN, DANGEROUS countries on the planet. Anybody who goes there is an IDIOT ! And WHY did he bring this shotgun with him in the first place ?!
I hope he gets out soon, but his own stupidity put him where he is.
He had the shotgun cause he was going on a hunting trip to Costa Rica.
And in most countries if you are bringing in something that is legal in your country but illegal in the country you are going to and declare it, all the Custom people do is take it away from you and give you a lecture not to do that again.
Sirius

Celaya, Mexico

#45 Dec 19, 2012
I can read wrote:
Mexico's biggest problem is the billions of dollars US citizens give to mexican crime overlods.
Hello,'I can read', greeting to Scotland ;).

Not only they give them the money, they give them training and weapons... but don't worry, we will go well from this trance.

The violence in Mexico happens "where it should", where the mentality of the people is weak, but by far is not the whole Mexico. And even if some cities are worst than Iraq in a bad day, Mexico as a whole is not so violent per-capita as half of Latin American countries.

Regards.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#46 Dec 19, 2012
Dumbest Guy On Planet wrote:
How stupid is this guy to bring a gun to Mexico? Darwin award candidate here...
I read on the internet that about 200 or more people per year do it not knowing the law. Some people actually forget they had it in their car. Just an accident. People get arrested at international airports with guns and knives that forgot they were left in their carry on. It happens. Have you ever done something in your life that you just shook your head and said I cannot believe I just did that, or I did not know. If you say no, I find that hard to believe. There are so many laws in the USA as an instance that even an attorney or judge would not know them all. they have to look them up after the fact. This guy was actually told by the US border patrol to check in with it across the border. Sounds like he was trying to do the right thing and someone gave him the wrong information.

My wife's 13 year old son here was riding his bike on the side walk. Did not stop at the corner and went to cross the street. The lady waiting at the stop light to turn right as did not look to her right because she was only concerned about traffic coming from the left. She pulled out and hit him. the police said she was in the wrong, every person said she was in the wrong. When we got to court everyone was wrong. the law states that he has to going done the other side going with the flow of traffic. He was actually in the wrong. Not one person got it right until it got to the court office.

Look at all the people crossing in from Mexico illegally. They are doing it intentionally illegal. They knew it was wrong or they would cross over the bridge instead of swim. Do they all get the Darwin Award?

This guy tried to do the right thing. He does not deserve the Darwin award. He was directed by people that he thought knew the law.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#47 Dec 19, 2012
Sirius wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello,'I can read', greeting to Scotland ;).
Not only they give them the money, they give them training and weapons... but don't worry, we will go well from this trance.
The violence in Mexico happens "where it should", where the mentality of the people is weak, but by far is not the whole Mexico. And even if some cities are worst than Iraq in a bad day, Mexico as a whole is not so violent per-capita as half of Latin American countries.
Regards.
Mexico had two cities listed as the most dangerous top 10 in America. the other Latin Americas you talk about had none in the top 10 for 2012.

http://americanlivewire.com/the-top-ten-most-...

The two of the top 10 cities in the world are on the border. So that is more of a problem for the USA them the other Latin countries you talk about.

You are right on the other account about Latin countries being more dangerous. But to whom. they are not the biggest problem for the USA. It is the people crossing over from Mexico that create the biggest problems directly for US citizens. They are not on the border and if they do cross it is Mexican coyotes that are crossing the Chinese mafia, Muslims and other terrorists. It is Mexico that is the facilitator to all this that is going on. Mexico is also the illegal port of entry into the USA.

Your quote.

The violence in Mexico happens "where it should", where the mentality of the people is weak, but by far is not the whole Mexico.

My response. It is the whole country. It is the government in the whole country that allows the violence and is part of it. They do not stop all of it because they benefit from it. It is the government that kills people that speak out and silence people that speak out against human rights violations. You keep forgetting the government in your conversations. If the government wanted to put a stop to this they could. They know where all the safe houses, and Zetas hang out in Acuna. They do nothing to stop them. They are facilitating the killers.

I have friends that are in police in Mexico, and they tell me how in their own departments that the chiefs and commanders actually do not go after criminals that they support. When they are called about a problem about a house they need to get an approval from the commander to see if they should send units. What depends on them being sent is what group or cartel is in that house. If it is won that supports them with money and vice a verso, that is what makes the determination. Again that is why 91.8 percent of the people do not report crimes in Mexico. Because the government is part of the criminal rings. Each State supports one cartel or the other. Just depends on which cartel is lining their pockets in that area. It is all of Mexico. The head quarters is Mexico City. Just like the head quarters for the USA is Washington D.C.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#48 Dec 19, 2012
Sirius

Here is something that I just posted on CNN about the Benghazi attacks against the embassy.

So if a soldier falls a sleep on guard duty and 10 of his fellow soldiers are killed. I guess he should not be disciplined, brought to trial or disciplined It looks like some very high up government did even worse then fall asleep while on duty. But they found they should not be disciplined. This is why it is unsafe to trust your government to take care of you. They have no accountability. They are immune? Why would anyone want to take a job for the USA if they feel they are going to be protected but no one can be held accountable if they are killed for not doing their job?

You see I am not just picking on you or Mexico. I see problems all over and I write about them. But I live in Mexico also and there are even more problems here by far. I shake my head when I see what is going on in Mexico right now. You live here also and you stick your head in the sand and act like Mexico is doing great as long as they export enough cars. The problems are what need to be addressed! It is urgent!
KeepGitmoOpen

Bryn Mawr, PA

#49 Dec 19, 2012
Sirius wrote:
<quoted text>
See, even Militia-men write here, in Forum Mexico. ;)
One of the challenges the US face is what to do with so many militias and right-wing extremist. Not that I do not take them seriouly... even, very indirectly, influence the foreign policy of the USA.
But they are not integrated to the evolution of the big trends that shape the world. Is mostly people that want isolation, and thats what they get.
Oh its a mexico forum that must be why the only mexican with internet access (you) is the only one on this forum from Mexico....VIA CON DIOS
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#50 Dec 19, 2012
Manuel wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem with death penalty in Mexico is that so many of your police, DA's, judges are corrupt as hell.
So true. Would they put to death their own government? Because they are run by the cartels.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#51 Dec 19, 2012
Sirius wrote:
"Bomb Mexico", "Letīs invade Mexico", etc. I see many users that really don't mind advocating war, invasion, or even extermination like "Bomb Mexico" do.
And you think that we Mexicans are going to stay seated in our butts?
Look, don't want to get "belicose" but Caspar Weinberger (Ronald Regan's secretary of defense) wrote a book in which he claimed he could defeat Mexico "in three days" with 2 or 3 divisions. Of course, everything look good in the computer.
XD XD XD
Note that Mexico is a country almost as montaneous contry as Afghanistan, with several times more population, and maybe dozen times more GDP (Mexico is the 11th economy of the world, above South Korea, maybe will surpass Italy in next year and maybe France in a decade).
But still the idea of invade Mexico is very popular among much Americans that cannot name 3 Mexican cities.
So Mexico is so weak they cannot defeat the cartels? Or his it that that have to defeat the enemy within? They would not fair too well against a country with real weapons and technology. But I would not worry America does not bomb whole countries. They just look to get rid if the ilk. They would never indiscriminately kill citizens like Mexicans are doing to Mexicans right now.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#52 Dec 19, 2012
I can read wrote:
Mexico's biggest problem is the billions of dollars US citizens give to mexican crime overlods.
You are talking about the government in Mexico, right? One and the same.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#53 Dec 19, 2012
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
42 degrees here right now. Don't know if I could get used to 72 on Christmas. I hope the weather here stays as it is and not get colder, I hate those single digit days!
Hey, I still follow New York and Long Island news each day on the web, particularly the 1010 WINS site.

What the heck happened on the L.I.E. in Shirley by you ?!
Badtothebone

Bronx, NY

#54 Dec 19, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I still follow New York and Long Island news each day on the web, particularly the 1010 WINS site.
What the heck happened on the L.I.E. in Shirley by you ?!
A truck carrying mulch slammed into cars that were slowing down due to construction, it happened about three this afternoon. I got on the LIE at 49 going east and then got off at 53 and worked my way to Sunrise Hwy. From there I got off at William Floyd Pky. They say the expressway out east will be closed for the night for investigation. I hope it's open when I leave for work at 4am.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#55 Dec 19, 2012
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
A truck carrying mulch slammed into cars that were slowing down due to construction, it happened about three this afternoon. I got on the LIE at 49 going east and then got off at 53 and worked my way to Sunrise Hwy. From there I got off at William Floyd Pky. They say the expressway out east will be closed for the night for investigation. I hope it's open when I leave for work at 4am.
From what I read on the WINS 1010 site, 25 vehicles were involved including 3 tractor-trailers. I don't think I have ever heard of that many vehicles involved in an accident before on Long Island. Since they are reporting at least once death, I imagine the accident investigation, and the resulting road closure, will take a lot of time. And a lot of time to remove the wreckage.

The speed limit here in Arizona is 75mph, you can't be stopped only for not wearing a seat belt (I always wear one), and there is no law against texting or celfone use while driving here. They don't call it the "WILD WILD WEST" for nothing !

:)
Badtothebone

Bronx, NY

#56 Dec 19, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I read on the WINS 1010 site, 25 vehicles were involved including 3 tractor-trailers. I don't think I have ever heard of that many vehicles involved in an accident before on Long Island. Since they are reporting at least once death, I imagine the accident investigation, and the resulting road closure, will take a lot of time. And a lot of time to remove the wreckage.
The speed limit here in Arizona is 75mph, you can't be stopped only for not wearing a seat belt (I always wear one), and there is no law against texting or celfone use while driving here. They don't call it the "WILD WILD WEST" for nothing !
:)
There was only one tractor trailer and about 37 cars. From what we've heard so far, apparently there was road maintenance going on which caused traffic to slow down and this truck just slammed into the back of a car causing a chain reaction. Things are a bit sketchy right now and we won't know the real story until the investigation is complete. I was going to suggest you go onto Newsday but you have to sign in to read the entire story. As you know the speed limit on the LIE is 55 but no one does that. I get onto the LIE about 4:15am and people are driving at an average of 70-75. Even at that speed you have an occasional vehicle that passes you like you're standing still! The news has reported that this is the worst accident that ever happened on the island. Responders that have been in their jobs for 40 years never saw anything of this magnitude before. Maybe the driving laws where you live are more relaxed because you guys have more open space. Here people tailgate while shaving and applying makeup! Well, it's time for me to hit the sack because I get up at 2am. Have a good evening and I'll try to keep you posted when more info comes out.
ima

United States

#57 Dec 19, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly Sirius. You have a very negative words to say about Northern Mexicans in your posts. The Northern Mexicans have very poor words to say about the Southern Mexicans. I saw bumper stickers here in Chihuahua that said "make you day, Kill a Chilango". They say that Mexicans from D.F., Mexico are not to be trusted, they are corrupt and fast talkers.
Why would you think that there would be people in the USA that would not be racist against Mexicans in light of what is happening. I am not. I live in Mexico and my friends, wife and family here are Mexican. So I would say do act so surprised. The Mexicans are racist towards the Indians here and make many bad comments. So you need to open your eyes. Not all Americans feel that way but many are.
You act like bomb Mexico is some strange phenomenon. The only Mexicans he has to deal with, not Mexican Americans(many)are wreaking havoc there on the system. They are making it bad for the ones that are trying to do things right.
Also you said in one of your posts that you are trying to be patriotic even in spite of all the death and corruption. I guess there were a lot of patriots and followers of Germany and Hitler when he was killing the Jewish people. But that does not make it right.
When the USA had a problem with the Blacks, and wanting to free the slaves. Americans actually went to war! To do what was right. Americans have more rights and freedoms then people in Mexico, and it is safer. 91.8 percent of people here do not report crimes. Wonder why? You know and so do eye. Americans are patriotic but let the government step on the too hard and not represent them like they deserve and things can happen. Just like people in the Arabic countries fighting for their rights. They are not patriotic when it comes to suppression and tyranny. Look at all the Human rights violations in China. Americans have it better in the USA then Mexicans in Mexico. If not they would not try to leave and not come back. Americans are not flooding to Mexico by the millions. It is the other way around! For the South and Central Americans Mexico is just a bus stop to go North for bigger and better things.
At what point do you speak up against your government, like the reporter in the article and the others that have been killed trying to do so. Trying to speak up about the atrocities, and the obvious massive problems that effect the wonderful people in Mexico. They want Mexico to be better for Mexicans. Patriotism at some point has to waiver. In Mexico it way past the waiver point. The people here need a government that will protect them and not be part of the problem.
Americans are not afraid to speak out about their government and reporters will not be killed for doing so. You cannot do that in Mexico. Human rights activists here sign their own death warrants for speaking out. The government kills them.
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/12/murdere...
Where is your outrage! Or are you like the patriots and followers of Hitler?
Very interesting.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#58 Dec 19, 2012
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
There was only one tractor trailer and about 37 cars. From what we've heard so far, apparently there was road maintenance going on which caused traffic to slow down and this truck just slammed into the back of a car causing a chain reaction. Things are a bit sketchy right now and we won't know the real story until the investigation is complete. I was going to suggest you go onto Newsday but you have to sign in to read the entire story. As you know the speed limit on the LIE is 55 but no one does that. I get onto the LIE about 4:15am and people are driving at an average of 70-75. Even at that speed you have an occasional vehicle that passes you like you're standing still! The news has reported that this is the worst accident that ever happened on the island. Responders that have been in their jobs for 40 years never saw anything of this magnitude before. Maybe the driving laws where you live are more relaxed because you guys have more open space. Here people tailgate while shaving and applying makeup! Well, it's time for me to hit the sack because I get up at 2am. Have a good evening and I'll try to keep you posted when more info comes out.
I was born and raised on Long Island and lived there for 53 years until a year ago, so I know what traffic is ilke there. And I worked at 1017 Montauk Highway in Shirley.
Sirius

Celaya, Mexico

#59 Dec 19, 2012
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>Oh its a mexico forum that must be why the only mexican with internet access (you) is the only one on this forum from Mexico....VIA CON DIOS
Oh, I also expected to find more Mexicans from Mexico here.
Doen't matter, we have thousends of forums in Spanish.
----------
@Concerned, I am drowsy... I will answer tomorrow. Good night.
Bomb Mexico

Atascadero, CA

#60 Dec 19, 2012
Dumbest Guy On Planet wrote:
How stupid is this guy to bring a gun to Mexico? Darwin award candidate here...
WOW!! Guns in Mexico? Thats almost unheard of.You sure are living up to your moniker.
Bomb Mexico

Atascadero, CA

#61 Dec 19, 2012
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>Oh its a mexico forum that must be why the only mexican with internet access (you) is the only one on this forum from Mexico....VIA CON DIOS
LOL!!
Bomb Mexico

Atascadero, CA

#62 Dec 19, 2012
Sirius wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I also expected to find more Mexicans from Mexico here.
Doen't matter, we have thousends of forums in Spanish.
----------
@Concerned, I am drowsy... I will answer tomorrow. Good night.
I guess your the only dumbski that wants to admit they're from Mexico.The truth is,most Mexicans are incarcerated and I dont think they have internet access in San Quentin or Chino.LOL!!
Bomb Mexico

Atascadero, CA

#63 Dec 19, 2012
simi valley wrote:
what is it you dont understand when you enter mexico the sign saya NO WEAPONS illegal in mexico, because the border patrol told you so they were llllluaghing look at this fool .. they do not work or mexico
The U.S. border also says "no illegal immigration or drugs accross our borders" too.Do those dirty Mexicans think that we are supposed to obey there corrupt laws but they can break ours by the millions,then get rewarded for it? Those Mexican animals locked this Marine up simply to extort from his family.Thats what us Americans need to do to these millions of Mexican terrorists in our country.Then those third world Mexicans lock up the only guy with a weapon who ISNT murdering thousands of innocent people in Mexico.The stinkin Mexican cockroaches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's outrageous Mexico remarks (Jun '15) Mar 8 Mikey 3
News If a bullet can cross the border into Mexico, s... Feb 25 ja ja ja 18
News As U.S.-Mexico border cities celebrate unity, w... Feb '17 spytheweb 2
News Illegal immigrant defended in Phoenix protests ... Feb '17 tomin cali 18
News Thousands march against Trump in Mexico City: '... Feb '17 BHM5267 2
News Trump: Leaked transcripts of Mexico, Australia ... Feb '17 AmericanWomyn 21
News Rise of the machines: Fear robots, not China or... Feb '17 jadooxtv 3
More from around the web