Trumped Up Charges?Mexico Making an E...

Trumped Up Charges?Mexico Making an Example Out of Marine, Lawyer Says

There are 113 comments on the Fox News story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Trumped Up Charges?Mexico Making an Example Out of Marine, Lawyer Says. In it, Fox News reports that:

A Marine languishing in a Mexican prison on what his supporters call a trumped up gun charge was made an example by an overzealous prosecutor in a case that begged for discretion, his lawyer said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

Badtothebone

Bronx, NY

#24 Dec 18, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't call me Shirley !
HA ! i LOVE that joke !
ROFL !
:)
(I'm from Patchogue and just moved here recently.:))
How do you like AZ so far?
Dumbest Guy On Planet

La Puente, CA

#25 Dec 18, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Merely going to Mexico at all is a chancy affair. It's one of the most corrupt and dangerous countries on Terra.
Yeah, looks like he missed the memo on that one...

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#26 Dec 18, 2012
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you like AZ so far?
I like it better than the cold weather and snow in New York. Although it's unusally cold here at the moment. It's only 55 degrees rite now. Last December 30th, the day I moved here, it was 72 degrees.:) It' sposed to hit 70 again next week.

Coolidge is a small city in the desert roughly midway between Tucson and Phoenix.
Manuel

Hollywood, FL

#27 Dec 18, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Mexico is one of THE MOST CORRUPT, CRIME-RIDDEN, DANGEROUS countries on the planet. Anybody who goes there is an IDIOT ! And WHY did he bring this shotgun with him in the first place ?!
I hope he gets out soon, but his own stupidity put him where he is.
Close to all of Latin America is a corrupt urinal but Mexico is right next door , SUCKING our tax money thus we notice them.

I agree with you that there is no reason to go to Mexico but as far as gun charges go, Mexico is so damn corrupt that you can not believe a damn phing thing they say.
Manuel

Hollywood, FL

#28 Dec 18, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of problems here. Some times I grit my teeth at some of the things I see and hear. Especially news like this poor guy. But there are a lot of really good people here that would like to see their country rise to bigger and better things. Even poor people that would give you the shirt off their back.
The new elect President is looking to enact the death penalty. Every good Mexican I talk to here is in favor of that. So am I. Hard to get rid of the vicious criminals around the world fast enough. They have too many laws to protect their rights, even after they killed someone and took away their rights, and of course the biggest one, the right to live.
Problem with death penalty in Mexico is that so many of your police, DA's, judges are corrupt as hell.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#29 Dec 18, 2012
Manuel wrote:
<quoted text>
Close to all of Latin America is a corrupt urinal but Mexico is right next door , SUCKING our tax money thus we notice them.
I agree with you that there is no reason to go to Mexico but as far as gun charges go, Mexico is so damn corrupt that you can not believe a damn phing thing they say.
I hope the guy gets out soon, but its his own damned fault.

I've been living in southern Arizona for almost a year now, and I would never even THINK of going anywhere near the Mexican border, let alone ever crossing over it.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#30 Dec 18, 2012
What can you expect from a country that that not only encourages but instructs its citizens to invade, violate and disrespect its neighbor to the North?

The best way to solve the illegal immigration problem from the South is to invade Mexico, treat the drug cartels the same way we treat the Taliban, and make Mexico the 51st state.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#31 Dec 19, 2012
Bama Yankee wrote:
What can you expect from a country that that not only encourages but instructs its citizens to invade, violate and disrespect its neighbor to the North?
The best way to solve the illegal immigration problem from the South is to invade Mexico, treat the drug cartels the same way we treat the Taliban, and make Mexico the 51st state.
I agree with everything you said except your 6 words. We have to treat Mexico as an invading enemy because that is the TRUTH.
Badtothebone

Bronx, NY

#32 Dec 19, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it better than the cold weather and snow in New York. Although it's unusally cold here at the moment. It's only 55 degrees rite now. Last December 30th, the day I moved here, it was 72 degrees.:) It' sposed to hit 70 again next week.
Coolidge is a small city in the desert roughly midway between Tucson and Phoenix.
42 degrees here right now. Don't know if I could get used to 72 on Christmas. I hope the weather here stays as it is and not get colder, I hate those single digit days!
Sirius

Celaya, Mexico

#33 Dec 19, 2012
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born in New York, my parents were born in New York, my grand parents were born in New York. Do you see where I am going with this? Do you see how "I" got here? Do you think this would make me an American citizen? Now, let's take a Mexican who just crossed the border illegally and he is standing next to me demanding the same rights I have.(Close your eyes and picture this in your mind.) He wants my job, my medical benefits, my house, etc. This Mexican and I are standing in front of someone who has to make the decision as to who gets what, me or the Mexican. Who do you think he should choose and why. Oh by the way, my mothers mother came here from Germany. She went to Ellis Island in New York, and entered the United States legally. She learned to speak English so Americans could understand her unlike Mexicans who continus to speak Spanish and expect me to learn their language. If you're Mexican and want to be here, do it the way my grandmother did and wait your turn. If you make it in, learn to do things the way we do it and speak English. Now, I'm waiting for your answer.
OK, so your problem is with illegal Mexicans.

I think is a matter than belongs to be discussed among US-citizens.

Still, I use my own time not worring much about illegals and immigrants in my own country, and I prefer to use my time improving myself, life should not be wasted just hatting others.
Sirius

Celaya, Mexico

#34 Dec 19, 2012
Bomb Mexico wrote:
<quoted text>The whole world has a very bad vision of Mexicans and theres plenty of reasons why.Mexicans bring it on themselves.Mexicans are a cancer world wide and need to be destroyed from the ground up.Mexicans are a disease and need to be destroyed at once.Nothing good comes out of Mexico.Mexicans are all spawns of satan.
I see that you choose to be cold-headed, objective and fair.

XD XD XD XD .

----------

One thing you are pretty wrong, and is your belief that EVERYONE hates us. You see, in Japan they barely know we exist (I studied a bit of japanese and saw a bit of their history books). Still, that ignorance creates expectations that we Mexicans are simply average people, like most people who believe in the fundamental good nature of humanity have.

No so much lack of knowledge, but a similar attitude you find in Brazilians, Germans, Russians, etcetera. Some Central Americans hate us, but it is because they feel bad that our culture is so much prevalent there, guess there is some envy and resentment some kids could have for a big brother. And there is some profund rivalry that some people, like Argentineans feel toward us, but not serious.

Look, man. I know that you hate us. Guess you hate us more than the average American, even those that don't miss the rants again Mexico of people like Glenn Beck, and the like.

But since you say that "everyone" hates us, I simply say that much more people in the world hate YOU. Simply, because many don't know that we even exist, and if they do, they look at us with indeference, or doesn't have any reason not to judge us objectively, seeing that we have given some things to the world, and not looking at us like sons of dracula, just like YOU do.
This thing with the marine is just one example.Americans need to do this to all illegal Mexican terrorists here in America.Mexicans are evil devils with no value of human life,just think of themselves.All illegals from Mexico need to be deported back to Mexico in a pine box.You all are animals and the enemy of America and the rest of the world.Rot in hell,ungrateful Mexican criminals.
Uff!!!

(Yes, vent your anger and frustration... so you don't you to kill some kinds around).
bolbobaggins

El Centro, CA

#35 Dec 19, 2012
Do not take guns or ammo into Mexico. A few shotgun shells left over from a duck hunt will put a person in a Mexican jail full of cockroaches and a piece of card board to sleep on for a fee.
Sirius

Celaya, Mexico

#36 Dec 19, 2012
Manuel wrote:
<quoted text>
"Manuel" from Miami... are you Hispanic? And if so you speak so bad about Latin America?

Please give me real good examples and back it with good sources how Mexico does "suck" your Tax money.

I mean, it will be real serous accusation, since your country is passing right know a bad fiscal crisis, as surely you know it.

So, your federal goverment hands money to the Mexican goverment, or educate or build roads here, or what?
KeepGitmoOpen

Bryn Mawr, PA

#37 Dec 19, 2012
Dumbest Guy On Planet wrote:
How stupid is this guy to bring a gun to Mexico? Darwin award candidate here...
how stupid are you not to know the whole story its not like the guy got pulled over and they found an illegal weapon. He did everything right. At most mexico should of confiscated the weapon and walked him back 100ft back to teh American border.
Sirius

Celaya, Mexico

#38 Dec 19, 2012
"Bomb Mexico", "Let´s invade Mexico", etc. I see many users that really don't mind advocating war, invasion, or even extermination like "Bomb Mexico" do.

And you think that we Mexicans are going to stay seated in our butts?

Look, don't want to get "belicose" but Caspar Weinberger (Ronald Regan's secretary of defense) wrote a book in which he claimed he could defeat Mexico "in three days" with 2 or 3 divisions. Of course, everything look good in the computer.

XD XD XD

Note that Mexico is a country almost as montaneous contry as Afghanistan, with several times more population, and maybe dozen times more GDP (Mexico is the 11th economy of the world, above South Korea, maybe will surpass Italy in next year and maybe France in a decade).

But still the idea of invade Mexico is very popular among much Americans that cannot name 3 Mexican cities.

Sirius

Celaya, Mexico

#39 Dec 19, 2012
On the other hand, I don't think gavely such "goowill" that I see reflected in people like "Bomb Mexico".

OK, anti-Mexican feeling has its followers and I supose that in a forum like this, we could find "la crème de la crème". But what happens between Mexico and the USA ouside their little heads?

Well, something like Mexico is the 3rd commercial partner of the US in the World, that dayly, 16,000 trucks with an average of 20 tons of producs, specially manufacture, cross the border every day.

Yes, "Bomb Mexico" sees us like little Draculas. But I don't think that will affect REALITY in the short term.

Regards.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#40 Dec 19, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Mexico is one of THE MOST CORRUPT, CRIME-RIDDEN, DANGEROUS countries on the planet. Anybody who goes there is an IDIOT ! And WHY did he bring this shotgun with him in the first place ?!
I hope he gets out soon, but his own stupidity put him where he is.
I hope he gets out before Christmas....BTW, every past colony of Spain is corrupt as hell....
KeepGitmoOpen

Bryn Mawr, PA

#41 Dec 19, 2012
Sirius wrote:
"Bomb Mexico", "Let´s invade Mexico", etc. I see many users that really don't mind advocating war, invasion, or even extermination like "Bomb Mexico" do.
And you think that we Mexicans are going to stay seated in our butts?
Look, don't want to get "belicose" but Caspar Weinberger (Ronald Regan's secretary of defense) wrote a book in which he claimed he could defeat Mexico "in three days" with 2 or 3 divisions. Of course, everything look good in the computer.
XD XD XD
Note that Mexico is a country almost as montaneous contry as Afghanistan, with several times more population, and maybe dozen times more GDP (Mexico is the 11th economy of the world, above South Korea, maybe will surpass Italy in next year and maybe France in a decade).
But still the idea of invade Mexico is very popular among much Americans that cannot name 3 Mexican cities.
My PA militia can take over Mexico hell Mexico is already taken over by the Cartels.
Sirius

Celaya, Mexico

#42 Dec 19, 2012
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>My PA militia can take over Mexico hell Mexico is already taken over by the Cartels.
See, even Militia-men write here, in Forum Mexico. ;)

One of the challenges the US face is what to do with so many militias and right-wing extremist. Not that I do not take them seriouly... even, very indirectly, influence the foreign policy of the USA.

But they are not integrated to the evolution of the big trends that shape the world. Is mostly people that want isolation, and thats what they get.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#43 Dec 19, 2012
Mexico's biggest problem is the billions of dollars US citizens give to mexican crime overlods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US 'doesn't give a crap' about Mexico sewage sp... Nov '17 Edgar 4
News Sneaking into the U.S. from Mexico is tougher t... Sep '17 Wildchild 1
News Police find 400 pounds of marijuana in cars mad... Jul '17 Lol 6
News Scientists predict a Gulf of Mexico 'dead zone'... Jun '17 Mate 1
News WTO ruling favors Mexico in US 'dolphin-safe' t... (Apr '17) Apr '17 better call Saul 1
News Mexico says vehicle carrying radioactive materi... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Auto know 1
News These robotics students were told - to go back ... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Want No Chicos 1
More from around the web