Lance Armstrong's confession seems to...

Lance Armstrong's confession seems to be just another calculation

There are 87 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jan 16, 2013, titled Lance Armstrong's confession seems to be just another calculation. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Sadly, even Lance Armstrong's contrition is contrived, it seems. His mea culpa to Oprah Winfrey - always guaranteed to bump a miscreant's Q rating - is not actually about apologizing to his fans and coming clean, so to speak, about his use of performance-enhancing drugs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Prosecute ALL Animal Abusers”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#47 Jan 18, 2013
Blacktigershark wrote:
<quoted text>
So...are you denying that you are an animal rights activist and animal lover...even ABOVE Human rights, and especially WOMEN'S rights, like in the case of Ben Roethlisberger's rape victims, both being teenage college girls?
Yeah...got your fingers twisted on that one, right? So...what's more important? That a man went to jail for his crimes of dogfighting, or that another man never went to jail for raping women? Or, that another drug dealing cheat and fraud didn't go to jail for lying in court, for defaming other people through his lawyers, and involving himself in bribery scandals, to not have his ass exposed years ago, during his doping days as a cyclist...which now will destroy the whole sport of cycling, and likely have it stripped from the Olympics (maybe in time for Brazil 2016...)?
Good to know that YOU have your priorities straight, fucking hypocrite!
No one has proven Rothelisburger raped any women. Get your facts straight, you vulgar nasty vile low life dirtbag.

Went to jail?? NOt for as long as he SHOULD have gone to jail, and he should have never been allowed back in the NFL, yet he was.

I care more about the abuse and torture of animals than I will ever care about the sport of cycling. And until you are willing to ride michael vicks azz like you are Armstrong, then it is you that is a hypocrite.
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

#48 Jan 18, 2013
JenniferInSC wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO--that's the point you miss--whoosh -- goes right over your head again, PROFESSOR, LMAO...
Buddy, if michael vick can be forgiven for torturing and killing animals for over 10 years of his life for fun, AND welcomed back into professional sports, why does it make sense to choose to crucify Lance Armstrong, who although he cheated, he still had nothing to do with intentionally torturing and killing any other living thing? Agreed, Armstrong, of course should never be allowed to participate in professional sports again, but to continue to crucify him, when a sadist like michael vick is out there playing pro sports, endorsing products, and just recently had a reality tv show, just doesn't make any sense.
Let's try this again:
IMO Your priorities are messed up if you consider taking drugs and lying as being a worse offense than lying AND drowning, hanging, electrocuting, fighting, starving, shooting, and beating dogs to death for fun. NOT an isolated incident either, repeatedly for over 10 years..
YOUR PRIORITIES are messed up, if you believe that aggressively implementing a doping regimen, that represents the cyclists of America, is a crime that ONLY warrants a lifetime ban from cycling! You CONTINUE to bring Michael Vick into this issue, when he really has nothing to do with this issue. He doesn't even represent the sport of cycling, and the point that YOU are missing is that what Michael Vick was involved in was NOT a part of the NFL!

Did you see Michael Vick stringing up pit bulls in the Georgia Dome, or did you see Michael Vick making fans place bets on dogs in the Georgia Dome, to his benefit? Did you see Michael Vick beat dogs in the Georgia Dome? Did Michael Vick kill dogs or electrocute dogs in the Georgia Dome? NO? Well that's the fucking point, Jenni...Michael's transgressions have nothing to do with the ACTUAL playing of the sport that he is in, which is football. I bash Ben Roethlisberger, when even his actions have nothing DIRECTLY to do with his performance in football. Yet Lance Armstrong's actions of doping, and FORCING other teammates to either get on board with doping, or lose out on their careers FOREVER, IS ACTS THAT DIRECTLY HAVE TO DEAL WITH HIS PERFORMANCE IN THE SPORT THAT HE PARTICIPATED IN, and his actions were actions that he perpetuated over a period of 8 YEARS, seven of those years where he internationally disgraced America by cheating to lay claim to the Tour de France titles. Did Michael Vick win Super Bowls by using dogfighting as intimidation against rival NFL players in order to win? NO? Then your point has no bearing in this discussion, so STFU!
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

#49 Jan 18, 2013
JakeSter wrote:
Missing the point chuckle heads. Michael Vick and make people rich. Lance is done, and if you really think he has had an impact on cancer research and not just lined another set of pocket, then clueless to you. This will blow over for Lance and he'll ultimately go back to being the most widely known athelete in the world and for good cause, a little EPO and he's not the man? Try it if you think you can do better.
That's okay...I think I will pass on doing drugs...don't need drugs to define the MAN that I am...Lance suffers from 'Little Man' syndrome...I can see why he may have issues in that department...he should have taken tips from groper Arnold Swartzenegger if he wanted to save his other testicle...ALWAYS TIE OFF YOUR NUTS WHEN YOU ARE DOPING!

Wait...maybe he was afraid that he'd be questioned about red rings around the upper part of his ball sack if the WADA and IOC dope testing committees saw them...so he sacrificed his one nut for the infamy he has now! And what happens if he goes to jail, and loses millions of dollars in litigations from other defamed claimants...would it have been worth losing the nut for all of the headaches he's likely to meet up with in the near future? Why couldn't he be a loveable, average American like say Andy Roddick? You see, Andy Roddick is the perception of a true American athlete. He may not be the ELITE tennis star, but he continued to work and work and work and work and work to FINALLY win a Major...now, Lance may not have been able to win 7 Tour de France titles without the dope, HOWEVER, had Lance dedicated his time to training, rather than CHEATING, and he happened to come in the top 3 at the Tour de France EVEN ONCE, or even managed to win the Tour de France even once, and then ended his career like that, he would have that international recognition PLUS MORE, and he'd STILL have balls!

Problem is that some people, like Lance, have no scruples...they want to win NOW, without doing the training...another Carl Lewis or Marion Jones...how sad and disgusting!

On the international scale, Lance Armstrong has sullied the image of American athletes...some people just don't get this, and revert back to attacking athletes like Michael Vick...maybe these people forgot that NFL is not played on the world circuit...it is only an American sport. Maybe THAT will put this whole issue that Lance has embroiled himself in into perspective...SMH!
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#50 Jan 18, 2013
JakeSter wrote:
Now the creeps who finked on Lance are coming out of the woods and trying to get respect. But we must not forget they are finks, plain and simple. This is not wartime, not lives were lost, no children hurt, it's just all about egos. Lance did a couple things out of the rules and has paid, done. The finks however will always be useless creeps to never trust.
He committed perjury and fraud.

Why not let him compete in 15 years when he gets out of jail?
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

#51 Jan 18, 2013
JenniferInSC wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has proven Rothelisburger raped any women. Get your facts straight, you vulgar nasty vile low life dirtbag.
Went to jail?? NOt for as long as he SHOULD have gone to jail, and he should have never been allowed back in the NFL, yet he was.
I care more about the abuse and torture of animals than I will ever care about the sport of cycling. And until you are willing to ride michael vicks azz like you are Armstrong, then it is you that is a hypocrite.
What YOU don't understand, Jenni, is that I DON'T LIKE Michael Vick, and his crimes actually amount to far more than just dogfighting...If you want to delve into Michael VIck's situation, then all you had to do is say that you would like to discuss Michael Vick, as opposed to making Michael Vick out to be more of a villain than Lance Armstrong, which is a pretty hard sell here, considering ALL that Lance has done in order to protect his ill gotten gains!

My opinion is that Michael Vick SHOULD have been convicted of racketeering, tax evasion and other serious federal charges, which would have seen him in jail for at least 15 years, before he was eligible to make parole. If you want to be angry with how Michael Vick's affair was settled, THEN TAKE IT UP WITH THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT! Your problem is that you are looking at what happened to these animals, rather than looking at THE WHOLE PICTURE! There were countless others that were charged and convicted in the Michael Vick fiasco, and I believe that Michael Vick dodged SERIOUS charges, because money played a part in it, Michael's status as an NFL star played a part in it, and many were on the take for the money...some were willing to admit some sort of culpability in this whole scenario, and are willing to do jail time (like a 5 year bit), in order to come out of prison to a hefty paycheck. Lawyers and district attorneys strike deals, and they bring their submissions in front of a judge that is known to them to grant them what they are asking for, no matter the charges brought up against the person. This ensures that the nature or circumstances of the crimes are not reviewed by the judge in most instances, so that everybody gets paid for a job terribly done, and taxpayers like you end up paying for this inept justice system that you now find at fault for not locking up a dogfighter like Michael Vick. In essence, if Al Capone was an all-star running back for the Chicago Bears back in the day, he would have been placed on house arrest for his crimes of murder, tax evasion, bootlegging, racketeering and other crimes...this would have been an outrage then, and it SHOULD be now. This is why I mention Ben Roethlisberger...and you see how QUICK you were to say that nothing was proven against 'Big Ben'? This was the SAME thing that was said about Lance Armstrong...but Lance admitted it now, right Jenni? You really don't see the WHOLE PICTURE, do you?

Where Ben was concerned, it all came down to 'hush money'! If you want the justice system in America to work for victims of rape, or for the abused animals in your nation, then money should NEVER be the determining factor that sways the scales of justice! Lance nearly got away with his transgressions, because the feds all but dropped their case against him. It was the downfall of his former teammates that ended up burying Lance, and now Lance finds himself in a corner. This is the ONLY reason why Lance is coming forward, and he's doing so in order to save some of the things he has established, like the 'Livestrong' foundation. That is quite pathetic. Lance should start talking about compensating those he defamed, those he destroyed and those he duped while he was linked to this aggressive doping affair...he was the Michael Vick of American cyclers, if you want to have things put into PROPER perspective, Jenni dear!
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

#52 Jan 18, 2013
JenniferInSC wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has proven Rothelisburger raped any women. Get your facts straight, you vulgar nasty vile low life dirtbag.
Went to jail?? NOt for as long as he SHOULD have gone to jail, and he should have never been allowed back in the NFL, yet he was.
I care more about the abuse and torture of animals than I will ever care about the sport of cycling. And until you are willing to ride michael vicks azz like you are Armstrong, then it is you that is a hypocrite.
There...now that you have seen that I can be just as ruthless against players like Michael Vick, I believe NOW that you should be just as unapologetic and ruthless against cyclists, dopers, cheats, liars, fraudsters, slanderers and racketeer bullies like Lance Armstrong!

But of course...I can only imagine that you have excuses for athletes like Roethlisberger and Armstong, yet Vick should be given the death penalty, right? I see why the justice system in America is a farce!

“Prosecute ALL Animal Abusers”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#53 Jan 18, 2013
Blacktigershark wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU DON'T KNOW IF LANCE HAD FELLOW TEAM MEMBERS BEAT UP, ELECTROCUTED, HUNG, STARVED OR WORSE, BECAUSE THESE HUMANS DID NOT FALL IN LINE WITH HIS DOPING SCHEME!
It is rumoured that if you were NOT down with Lance, then Lance had your career TERMINATED! You could not ride with the USPS or for Team America if you were at odds with Lance. And Lance had physicians, lawyers AND sponsors covering his ass...what did the innocent cyclers have where it came to retribution against Lance? Lance affected the sport of cycling...Michael Vick did not affect the sport of football.
If you are looking SO HARD for an NFL player to crucify, why you looking at Michael Vick, of whom did jail time for his crime? Why are you not looking at your beloved Ben Roethlisberger, the two time Super Bowl champion, that raped two teenagers at a party? Shows where your focus is...I suppose that Michael Vick is more of a hindrance to the NFL for doing time for the crimes that he was caught up in, rather than a rapist like 'Big Ben', that has yet, to this day, spent even one day in jail.
Money talks, right Jenni? Pages from Oliver North's book on how to avoid jail time...throw money at the problem, and lie your ass off to the authorities! Let's see how Lance fares, shall we? KMT!
I'm not looking so bad for an NFL player to crucify, vick is right in my line of fire. I will hate that monster for the rest of my life, turns my stomach everytime I see his satanic evil face. Loved seeing him get his ass kicked every game he could bring his week little ass to play this year! Love it the Eagles are dumping him too, his NFL career is OVER. NOt that anybody in the NFL had any ethics or morality, but because he sux as a QB.

When Ben Rothlisburger is proven to have raped any women, I'll be on his ass too. But I know how some lowlife women will try to make money off of claiming somebody raped them. I don't believe rumors until it is proven.

And SPORTS is not the end all of everything in life. What that dirtbag sadist did to those dogs, for fun, will forever be embedded in my mind, and I hope for the very worst life possible for him, for as long as he continues to waste oxygen.

Lance Armstrong, not so much. He's disgraced now, and that's enough punishment for someone who did not visciously kill anything or anybody.

“Prosecute ALL Animal Abusers”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#54 Jan 18, 2013
Blacktigershark wrote:
<quoted text>
There...now that you have seen that I can be just as ruthless against players like Michael Vick, I believe NOW that you should be just as unapologetic and ruthless against cyclists, dopers, cheats, liars, fraudsters, slanderers and racketeer bullies like Lance Armstrong!
But of course...I can only imagine that you have excuses for athletes like Roethlisberger and Armstong, yet Vick should be given the death penalty, right? I see why the justice system in America is a farce!
Yes, a death penalty for michael vick would have made me very very happy.
Gus

Mechanicsville, VA

#55 Jan 18, 2013
Sol wrote:
I wonder if he really HAD cancer to begin with - or was it just ANOTHER fabrication (with the help of others) as kind of an excuse to help in case he really got caught taking drugs...
If he didn't have it then, he SHOULD have it NOW.
And he shouldn't be given any slack or consideration for turning in others - not after all these years of bald-faced lying should he be given ANY benefit for telling the truth.
You disgust me! That is the sickest thing I've read. How dare you wish cancer on anyone. You must have never seen a loved one suffer from this killer.

The man is coming clean. He is now paying the price and accepting his punishment. Who are you to judge anyone? I guess you've never done anything you regretted.
John28

Raleigh, NC

#56 Jan 18, 2013
Every American celebrity scoundrel has to have a good cry with Oprah on their path to redemption and book sales. Soon he'll be announcing that he has found Jesus. Ol Pat Robertson will perversely pat him on the knee and congratulate this great American on confronting his demons and seeking a righteous path. Amen.
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

#57 Jan 19, 2013
JenniferInSC wrote:
I'm not looking so bad for an NFL player to crucify, vick is right in my line of fire. I will hate that monster for the rest of my life, turns my stomach everytime I see his satanic evil face. Loved seeing him get his ass kicked every game he could bring his week little ass to play this year! Love it the Eagles are dumping him too, his NFL career is OVER. NOt that anybody in the NFL had any ethics or morality, but because he sux as a QB.
When Ben Rothlisburger is proven to have raped any women, I'll be on his ass too. But I know how some lowlife women will try to make money off of claiming somebody raped them. I don't believe rumors until it is proven.
And SPORTS is not the end all of everything in life. What that dirtbag sadist did to those dogs, for fun, will forever be embedded in my mind, and I hope for the very worst life possible for him, for as long as he continues to waste oxygen.
Lance Armstrong, not so much. He's disgraced now, and that's enough punishment for someone who did not visciously kill anything or anybody.
AGAIN with the apologetic behaviour for a snake like Lance. You will NEVER get it, will you, Jen? THIS is why YOU are not a judge...you lose your impartiality status over cruelty to animals, yet when the same thing is said about female rape victims, you are quick to say that they are liars.

Let's run down Ben's case, since you want to parallel Michael Vick to Lance Armstrong. Ben ADMITTED to having sex with the 20 year old college student, that he said was not consummated (whatever THAT is supposed to mean). Ben basically took advantage of a 20 year old college student, at his club, where his entourage was subject to facilitating the sexual assault of this 20 year old college student. The links are there for your sick ass to read, when you want to stand there and call the girl the golddigging lowlife, that is trying to make money off of a false claim of rape from a famous NFL star, Jen! In reading on this one incident, if I was the District Attorney, the bar would be the one getting charged for failing to protect its patrons. LOOK CLOSER, and you will see that even though this girl was intoxicated, she was traumatized enough to have gone to the doctor to get examined SOON after she made the claim against Roethlisberger. There was not enough DNA collected from the rape kit to say that it was sexual intercourse type of rape, from what I gather, though Ben admitted to having contact with the child (not LEGAL to drink alcohol in Georgia...another strike against 'Big Ben'!), and there was trauma observed by the doctor that looked at the complainant, Jen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/21/be-r...

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/StateAndLoca...

Still going to stand there and say that this girl was just trying to lie about Ben in order to get a buck? You don't even know who she is...her parents may have more money than the person that signs Roethlisberger's checks! Yet you are SO quick to absolve people like Ben and Lance from wrongdoing, aren't you? Maybe if you looked at the USADA reports, you would have a different outlook on Lance. Maybe if you looked at Ben's case, you wouldn't be so quick to call his accusers lowlifes, that are seeking money from his predatory ass. Maybe if you read magazines like Time magazine, you would see how INTRICATE a scheme Lance got himself wrapped up in with his sponsors, physicians, chemists and trainers, of which he COMPELLED other teammates to be a part of, at the risk of them being publicly discredited as haters, and losing their passion for a career in cycling. You would see what Lance's cheating did in regards to defrauding the real champions of the sport, and further destroying the sport as a whole. Yet you conveniently overlook these facts, thinking that AFTER Lance has been stripped, that he has paid his penance...
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

#58 Jan 19, 2013
JenniferInSC wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, a death penalty for michael vick would have made me very very happy.
Look...if you want to talk about Michael Vick all day, how about you NIPPLE UP and make a flipping thread about him, you goddamn coward???!!!

THIS thread is strictly supposed to be addressing Lance Armstrong's misdeeds...and the list is quite lengthy! There is no time for apathetic apologists like yourself that are all over the nuts of athletes like Ben Roethlisberger and Lance Armstrong, simply because you believe that a 4 game suspension is an adequate punishment for a rapist (after he's thrown money at the crime), or that a lifetime ban on a geezer that is WAY PAST HIS PRIME, after he was stripped for LYING about cheating others out of money, fame, champion titles, reputation and the like, is an adequate punishment, when the cheating and doping that Lance did was on his own self. Lance hasn't lost anything, as he has not earned anything JUSTLY!

Lance is not in jail for perjury (didn't Marion Jones go to prison for perjury...why isn't Lance facing the same consequence for perjury?).

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/12/sports/othe...

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/201...

Lance still has the MILLIONS of dollars that he ended up swindling from events, by doping and cheating at the sport he was racing in...can you say that Michael Vick has the monies he supposedly earned from his dogfighting and racketeering experience? I would think the answer to that question is NO. Had Michael Vick used the blood of dead dogs to intravenously give him animal strength on the football field, in order to cheat other hard working athletes from a glory that they could have seized, like Lance did to so many cyclists across the globe? Answer...NO! Did Marion Jones suffer the consequence of lying and doping? I guess. Has Lance? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Did Lance give back the monies he illegally obtained through his doping and cheating? Not that I have seen. So, if he hasn't done so, then he has not paid the price for his actions, Jen! He is a TRUE Oliver North of sports! Just like Ben. Adam 'Pacman' Jones can't get away with what athletes like Lance and Ben get away with...neither can Plaxico Burress. As long as you have Nike and other endorsements behind you, ready to clean up your trail, and pay off others to give you the name that you don't deserve, you will ALWAYS be a winner...in America, right?

No wonder it takes other people to blow the whistle on American athletes. Had it not been for Tim Montgomery, would anyone have been able to catch Marion Jones? If it wasn't for the dozen of disgraced U.S. cyclists that got busted taking dope, would Lance have just come out with the truth, and righted his wrongs, that he STILL hasn't done to this day?

http://theislandjournal.wordpress.com/2012/08...

Don't kid yourself, Jenni...Lance is STILL an opportunist and a con artist and a monster...the type of man you would NOT want around your daughters...he would pump them full of dope, and make them his human petri dishes, so that he could continue to live out his sick legacy of being the father of the best cyclists in the world...if he actually had the nuts to finish the job!
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

#59 Jan 19, 2013
Gus wrote:
<quoted text>
You disgust me! That is the sickest thing I've read. How dare you wish cancer on anyone. You must have never seen a loved one suffer from this killer.
The man is coming clean. He is now paying the price and accepting his punishment. Who are you to judge anyone? I guess you've never done anything you regretted.
Though wishing cancer on someone isn't what somebody should do, it is also wrong for you to imply that Lance is paying the price and accepting his punishment, because he is NOW coming clean.

Lance is ducking punishment by CONVENIENTLY coming clean now, as opposed to 14 years ago, due to statutes. Lance does not want to accept punishment, because IF he did, he would have given up all his ill-gotten gains and FURTHER RESTITUTION to those he defrauded, and only be left with the endorsement monies he received from his co-conspirator, Nike!

Lance is the disgusting monster! He likely brought on cancer to himself by having trainers and physicians administering him liquid saline solutions when the doping investigators were too close for them to keep away from Lance, so that Lance could cover up his doping with blood transfusions! Just read the reports from the USADA...Lance is nowhere CLOSE to paying for his crimes to the sport of cycling, or the frauds he perpetrated on the world circuit, that to this day, has many caught up and victimized by his lies!

“Prosecute ALL Animal Abusers”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#60 Jan 19, 2013
Blacktigershark wrote:
<quoted text>
Look...if you want to talk about Michael Vick all day, how about you NIPPLE UP and make a flipping thread about him, you goddamn coward???!!!
THIS thread is strictly supposed to be addressing Lance Armstrong's misdeeds...and the list is quite lengthy! There is no time for apathetic apologists like yourself that are all over the nuts of athletes like Ben Roethlisberger and Lance Armstrong, simply because you believe that a 4 game suspension is an adequate punishment for a rapist (after he's thrown money at the crime), or that a lifetime ban on a geezer that is WAY PAST HIS PRIME, after he was stripped for LYING about cheating others out of money, fame, champion titles, reputation and the like, is an adequate punishment, when the cheating and doping that Lance did was on his own self. Lance hasn't lost anything, as he has not earned anything JUSTLY!
Lance is not in jail for perjury (didn't Marion Jones go to prison for perjury...why isn't Lance facing the same consequence for perjury?).
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/12/sports/othe...
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/201...
Tell you what, I get it, you really feel strongly about this, you feel strongly that what he did is unforgivable, and that he should continue to suffer for his transgressions.

My point about michael vick is that too many people in the US were so quick to forgive him, why no forgiveness for Lance?

But you put so much passion into your argument, and to be honest, I know so little about Lance Armstrong, that I am going to bend to your opinion, and just leave this thread.

As for Rothlesburger, I just don't like accusations without proof or back up that a rape was committed. But to be honest, I never pull for the Steelers, BECAUSE of the shadow that Ben has put on his team. When there is more than one accusation, you are right, there has to be fire where there is smoke. I dislike the Ravens because of Ray Lewis and the accusation that he was involved in a murder. But I KNOW what michael vick did, and I with hate that dirtbag until the day I die.

I hope you can find peace one day in regard to your hatred of Armstrong, as I have never been able to find in my hatred of michael vick. If you had seen the number of animals I have, torn to shreds and having on by a thread from being used in dog fighting, or dogs that have died in someone's back yard because they couldn't take their fat asses out in the yard and feed the poor dog they have chained in their back yard, or seen the results of a dog being drug behind a truck or car, or seen dogs that someone has cut their throats, puppies dumped in a paper bag in a dumpster, dogs shot down inside their mouth with a gun, dogs tortured to death or to the brink of death, you might would have a really hard time with anyone like vick as well, as you do write as if you are truly a compassionate person.
Gus

Mechanicsville, VA

#62 Jan 19, 2013
It's a great day for the human race. Dr. Blacktigershark has cracked the code. He has discovered what causes cancer! Congratulations.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#63 Jan 19, 2013
JenniferInSC wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, a death penalty for michael vick would have made me very very happy.
People who torture animals are people with mental health problems. Are there any other ailments where you'd prescribe execution as part of your healthcare plan?
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

#64 Jan 19, 2013
Look...where Michael Vick is concerned, I didn't forgive him. I believe that he's a scumbag, and that he should be locked away for a long time, like John Gotti was. Michael Vick is guilty of racketeering in my mind...there's no doubt about it. As I was saying about notorious gangsters, had John Gotti been an all-star linebacker for the New York Giants, would that mean that he should be excused for the crimes he committed? I don't think so! So why is Vick not in jail for racketeering? The only answer I can come up with is MONEY!

In Ben Roethlisberger's case, he has a few incidents where he 'allegedly' sexually assaulted women. The prominent case in Georgia, where he sexually assaulted a female, while his entourage kept this woman's friends from protecting her, actually sickens me. You may want to talk about how this woman (actually girl...Roethlisberger should have been charged with providing alcohol to a minor, as well as the bar) is likely a liar, that is trying to get fame and fortune from making false claims about Roethlisberger, however, you can read up and see that the girl and her friends IMMEDIATELY went to get her checked out by a doctor, and this is AFTER police on the scene bungled the case, refused to take in Ben for questioning, didn't even put Ben's name in their original appearance reports, didn't secure the scene of where the alleged sexual assault happened (I believe it was more of a sexual assault than a rape, but what do I know...), and happened to get pictures beside the NFL rapist to boot for all their hard work in serving and protecting 'Big Ben' the rapist! Maybe if YOU were raped, and the police acted in such an egregious manner while investigating your complaint, you would see the futility in pursuing a criminal case against a famous NFL star also. And don't get me started on the justice system in regards to rapists. A thief in North America spends more time in jail than a rapist, though RAPE IS MURDER, and we all know how long murderers, on average, spend in jail!

Lance needs to TRULY pay for his transgressions! He hasn't in the least! In Ray Lewis' case, he just didn't want to snitch on anyone, and he went thru hell for that!
JenniferInSC wrote:
Tell you what, I get it, you really feel strongly about this, you feel strongly that what he did is unforgivable, and that he should continue to suffer for his transgressions.
My point about michael vick is that too many people in the US were so quick to forgive him, why no forgiveness for Lance?
But you put so much passion into your argument, and to be honest, I know so little about Lance Armstrong, that I am going to bend to your opinion, and just leave this thread.
As for Rothlesburger, I just don't like accusations without proof or back up that a rape was committed. But to be honest, I never pull for the Steelers, BECAUSE of the shadow that Ben has put on his team. When there is more than one accusation, you are right, there has to be fire where there is smoke. I dislike the Ravens because of Ray Lewis and the accusation that he was involved in a murder. But I KNOW what michael vick did, and I with hate that dirtbag until the day I die.
I hope you can find peace one day in regard to your hatred of Armstrong, as I have never been able to find in my hatred of michael vick. If you had seen the number of animals I have, torn to shreds and having on by a thread from being used in dog fighting, or dogs that have died in someone's back yard because they couldn't take their fat asses out in the yard and feed the poor dog they have chained in their back yard, or seen the results of a dog being drug behind a truck or car, or seen dogs that someone has cut their throats, puppies dumped in a paper bag in a dumpster, dogs shot down inside their mouth with a gun, dogs tortured to death or to the brink of death, you might would have a really hard time with anyone like vick as well, as you do write as if you are truly a compassionate person.
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

#66 Jan 19, 2013
Oops...WTH? Double post!

“Prosecute ALL Animal Abusers”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#67 Jan 19, 2013
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
People who torture animals are people with mental health problems. Are there any other ailments where you'd prescribe execution as part of your healthcare plan?
Yes, serial killers and child molesters and abusers.
Gooza

Hornsby, Australia

#68 Jan 19, 2013
LIER! Cheat! and your whole family is too!
I think I'll go get some epo for my sons year 7 cross country.
No drug testing there.
The key is to start early then you'll already be better then the average kid.
Lances lesson to his son is, don't dope with other I'll get it for you and I'm not a dobber

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Lance Armstrong Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lance Armstrong: Interview with Oprah Winfrey d... (Jan '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 2
News Lance Armstrong tweets that he's returned Olymp... (Sep '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 2
News Lance Armstrong wants DOJa s false-claims suit ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 2
News Lance Armstrong urges judge to dismiss governme... (Jul '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 2
News Federer, Serena Williams say Lance Armstrong le... (Jan '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 9
News Feds lay out case against Lance Armstrong (Apr '13) Apr '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 2
News The Women Who Unraveled the Lance Armstrong Dop... (Oct '12) Apr '13 My Opinion_El Pas... 50
More from around the web