Give Lance Armstrong another chance?

Full story: CNN

CNN asked for views on whether disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong deserves another chance in light of his apologies to his charity, Livestrong, and his soon-to-be-aired interview with Oprah Winfre y, in which it's widely reported he admitted he used performance-enhancing drugs .
Comments
41 - 60 of 110 Comments Last updated Apr 15, 2013
Robbie

Wahroonga, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

I do think Lance will ride this out, easily.
Just like a boss that crashes a company and still lives in his million dollar home.
Everyone that believed in him will pay for his sins.
Everything he owns is in his wife and kids and parents name.
He'll wait till all the lawsuits come in and then go bankrupt.
My the LoRD take vengeance on you.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Robbie wrote:
Just like a boss that crashes a company and still lives in his million dollar home.
His value to the Agenda is demonstrate how to ride out and capitalize on a big Deception.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Robbie wrote:
This is a Prozac story, his was deception. At any price he needed to win and now the 'enthusiastic' hangover needs absolution.
The weapon violence was not about weapons as much as it is about the psychotropic drug misuse. The Washington DC elite need to 'come down' carefully.
charlotte

Clermont-ferrand, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

I think that your country(USA) is too hard, all the cyclists of the Tour de France take drugs it is any more a secret for nobody, anyway he was the best
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Graveldog wrote:
Yes Lance was an arrogant asshole, bully, control freak and many other negative things you can call him.
At the same time he is the modern day Robin Hood - leader of Livestrong, humanitarian and survivor.
You take that driven character who grew up in Texas with some talent, a death sentence with cancer - reinject him in the 90's doping culture. His cocky attitude and dope boost started it all. America was ready for a new Sports HERO. fame fortune and many other influences started to drive the train faster and faster. The advisors coming on board fueled the ego, the culture and expectations made him a bigger asshole (at all costs). Early on he lost his way on the runaway train. He started to believe he was invincible.
...Oprah interview was a first step. Opponents scream it was not enough of an apology. Former team mates (Hamilton/Andreau) say it was emotional on Lance to be in such a position others say he is cold and not remorseful.
for over a decade Lance had developed as the character he is today. It will take time for him to change.
He cannot just go cold turkey and become a new person overnight. Hints of truth have been offered by Lance but it is not the Oprah venue to show all on a TV interview.
Lance will need more time to say sorry, his future actions will define him (good or bad). There is a chance for him to redeem his character(optimism), however glimmers of that JERK attitude may resurface ( pessimist).
Forgive him or not - he is human. It is just that he had lost his way. Can he find his way back to becoming respected???
lance is guilty - he has to pay the price
But offer him a small bit of empathy - let him show us that he can change.???
It is still too early to tell if he is really sorry. All the CNN, ESPN, BICYCLING, VELONEWS is condemning him with every minute detail in the Oprah interview. But it is only the first step.
Lance helped Basso's family member through cancer, Lance helped Brian Holme former rider through bowel cancer.
Yes there was also the bad which is the main focus in the media - bullied, sued and run over the likes of Hamilton, Landis, the Andreau's, E. Oreilly...etc just to mention the top. But this is the tip of the iceberg.
Step back and look at the big picture. The money, celebrity status, power recognition fueled the ugly side of the past decade (plus).
Lance must do his time as a criminal for doping and bad character. Will he rehabilitate???
Respectfully submitted,
Graveldog
Not defending Lance for his actions / but allow him some time to change and take more steps in the right direction
But...YOU ARE DEFENDING LANCE! Trying to make him look like some sort of saint for taking his ill-gotten gains by investing it into a charity isn't noble at all!

MANY rich people, that cheat on their taxes, and throw money into offshore accounts, look at donating large amounts of money into a charity, or even founding a charity, so that they can get A LARGE TAX DEDUCTION on their income tax returns. Madoff likely donated HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of dollars into charities like Lance's founded charity, LIVESTRONG, however, Madoff's money was pillaged from victims of his formulated pyramid/ponzi scam. Should we let Madoff out of jail, and let him keep all this money he bilked from victims, because he happened to contribute money to charities, in order to get a tax deduction on his return on the monies that he cheated other victims out of, so that he can take the rest of the monies that he stole from people and hide it in offshore accounts, DOG?

THANK GOD FOR OBAMA AND FATCA! FATCA may be what is needed to SAVE America, and to recoup the monies that were stolen by rich thieves and celebrities like Lance, Romney and Madoff...just watch how many rich people will join Wesley Snipes in serving out a prison sentence, and losing MILLIONS of dollars when FATCA bares its teeth!
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

charlotte wrote:
I think that your country(USA) is too hard, all the cyclists of the Tour de France take drugs it is any more a secret for nobody, anyway he was the best
The best CHEATER...it was an American experiment to see how long they could dupe the French and the world where drug doping controls are concerned, as America's FINAL goal is to TOTALLY discredit world sporting events that are held in France, so that America can host them for themselves.

See what happens when you give the Statue of Liberty to America? They now want it all! They want the World Cup to be played in America all the time (wipe the 1998 World Cup win by France off of the books), they want the French fries (to now be called American fries, or even Freedom fries), they want the French Open, even though they already have ONE U.S. Open (but they don't have A CLAY U.S. Open...boo hoo hoo!), they want to host the Euro Cup (even though they are NOT a part of Europe...but give America inclusion status when they steal France's bid and venue for the Euro Cup...oh, and allow America's lacklustre soccer team to take the place of France's soccer team!), and now they want the Tour de France, to be renamed to the Tour des Etats-Unis...what next? They going to ask you guys to give them your Eiffel tower, and place it on Ground Zero???
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Blah, blah, blah...whatever you say, duke!

The reason that some doping is legal, and other doping is ILLEGAL, is because for one, what you pointed out, in that ILLEGAL doping yields greater results than legal doping. Second, ILLEGAL doping is dangerous. Third, ILLEGAL doping doesn't make the athlete. You can talk all you want about there being legal ways of doping, yet AGAIN, you come right back around to there not being any way of LEGALLY doping and getting the SAME results as one would when they are doping ILLEGALLY, correct amateur athlete? Take note of this...you are not talking to some joe-schmoe...I am also an amateur athlete, so don't try to bullshit me, alright kid?

When you say that you are basing Lance's achievements to similar experiences, are you comparing Lance's experiences with YOUR experiences? Are YOU admitting to doping while being an amateur cyclist??? I care less about the answer...you didn't cheat people out of prize money in order to win an event like Lance did, did you?

You can't tell me that ILLEGAL doping doesn't GREATLY enhance an athlete, Conservative Democrat. That is a copout, that has been used by MANY athletes, and then you see athletes having heart attacks, in sports like wrestling, football, baseball and the like, right kid? Oh, and don't tell me that if you were a weightlifter, and you couldn't get the NATURAL doping to yield you the results you need, in order to successfully lift another 50 kg in international competition, that getting that BOOST from ILLEGAL doping, which would allow you to lift that extra 50 kg (and maybe more) ISN'T a SIGNIFICANTLY LARGE MARGIN, man! If you actually believe that BS that you just said, then you weren't much of an athlete in the first place, man...you likely just Armstrong'ed me too if you trying to sell me that line (clue...Armstrong'ed = deceived)!

The reason why legal forms of doping isn't illegal, is that the levels of legal doping is so small and minute in where it shows up in dope tests, so that is why athletes are not banned from sport because they took a multivitamin. Legal doping does not hold in the body as long and enhance bodily functions and size as much as illegal doping does. Think of the doping tests like breathalyzer tests...legal doping = less than 0.04...Illegal doping = over 0.24!

From athlete to athlete, this should seal my point!
Conservative Democrat wrote:
"You are basing Lance's achievements on his podium appearances, rather than looking at the END result and THE WHOLE PICTURE!"
You could not be further from the truth.
I'm not sure if you've read my first post on this thread, but I'm basing his achievements on similar experiences.
I'm not a professional cyclist, but I know what it takes to train for a long ride and/or a race. So maybe you could say I'm a bit biased, but that would be a stretch.
I don't condone what Lance did, and much less because he first lied about it. In fact, I agree with the sanctions. But, fact is, cycling is, quite plausibly, the most demanding sport. And the amount of doping these guys have done, did not turn them into super athletes. It merely enhanced, and not by a great margin, skills they already possess.
There are many ways to "dope" legally that afford the same results, albeit through a process that takes longer to yield results. Taking large doses of all B complex vitamins and Iron, plus taking echinacea, natural testosterone boosting homeopathic supplements, a delicate balance of boron and other minerals, and breathing pure O2 prior to a long ride or a race, can get similar results. Illegal doping only yields results faster.
Lance stated he didn't dope in the '09 TDF. Assuming, for the sake of argument he told the truth this time, he finished 3rd, not having doped and being 4 years older. A reasonable inference can be made that even if he hadn't doped between '99 and '05, he could have still won.
BTW, the end result isn't always accurate testament of the whole picture.
Gooza

Wahroonga, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Judged:

You can't tell me all those years using roids it hasn't made him a better athlete today.
He should not compete ever again, never, rot in hell dream killer.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Cycling fan wrote:
Lance is wrong and lied for too many years about it.
//////////
Cycling fan2 wrote:
He didn't only dope. He lied against everybody, he deceived. years and years he covered it all up.
//////////
litesong wrote:
More than his individual doping & lying, Armstrong was a drug dealer, encouraging & demanding that riders on his teams use drugs.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Blacktigershark wrote:
<quoted text>Blah, blah, blah...whatever you say, duke!

The reason that some doping is legal, and other doping is ILLEGAL, is because for one, what you pointed out, in that ILLEGAL doping yields greater results than legal doping. Second, ILLEGAL doping is dangerous. Third, ILLEGAL doping doesn't make the athlete. You can talk all you want about there being legal ways of doping, yet AGAIN, you come right back around to there not being any way of LEGALLY doping and getting the SAME results as one would when they are doping ILLEGALLY, correct amateur athlete? Take note of this...you are not talking to some joe-schmoe...I am also an amateur athlete, so don't try to bullshit me, alright kid?

When you say that you are basing Lance's achievements to similar experiences, are you comparing Lance's experiences with YOUR experiences? Are YOU admitting to doping while being an amateur cyclist??? I care less about the answer...you didn't cheat people out of prize money in order to win an event like Lance did, did you?

You can't tell me that ILLEGAL doping doesn't GREATLY enhance an athlete, Conservative Democrat. That is a copout, that has been used by MANY athletes, and then you see athletes having heart attacks, in sports like wrestling, football, baseball and the like, right kid? Oh, and don't tell me that if you were a weightlifter, and you couldn't get the NATURAL doping to yield you the results you need, in order to successfully lift another 50 kg in international competition, that getting that BOOST from ILLEGAL doping, which would allow you to lift that extra 50 kg (and maybe more) ISN'T a SIGNIFICANTLY LARGE MARGIN, man! If you actually believe that BS that you just said, then you weren't much of an athlete in the first place, man...you likely just Armstrong'ed me too if you trying to sell me that line (clue...Armstrong'ed = deceived)!

The reason why legal forms of doping isn't illegal, is that the levels of legal doping is so small and minute in where it shows up in dope tests, so that is why athletes are not banned from sport because they took a multivitamin. Legal doping does not hold in the body as long and enhance bodily functions and size as much as illegal doping does. Think of the doping tests like breathalyzer tests...legal doping = less than 0.04...Illegal doping = over 0.24!

From athlete to athlete, this should seal my point!
From athlete to athlete, unless you've illegally doped yourself, or are an MD with access to the private medical records of the athletes you mentioned, you're speculating and you can neither prove your contention, or disprove mine.

Have a nice day.
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

<quoted text>
From athlete to athlete, unless you've illegally doped yourself, or are an MD with access to the private medical records of the athletes you mentioned, you're speculating and you can neither prove your contention, or disprove mine.
Have a nice day.
Good thing that I have relatives in my family that are physicians, that can break down the facts to me about illegal substances and steroids. Not that I have to reveal my whole story to you on this forum, but the long and short of it was that when I was at the height of my athletic career, I suffered a slight setback, and other MD's had suggested that in order for me to quickly recover from this setback, I should take steroids.

After consulting with my family, and going over the pros and cons of taking steroids, I chose not to juice up, in order to simply get back on the field. I have no problem with hard work. I may never get to the levels that I could have with steroids, but hey, I define who I am WITHOUT dope. Can you say the same? I guess it is a matter on how much confidence you contend you have in yourself without being on the juice, and blood transfusions, and the EPO, and the steroids, and all that other junk. I'm supposing that since you are (or were) an amateur cyclist, you simply are not that confident in your abilities of being a cyclist in the first place. That doesn't even make you an amateur athlete, mate...that makes you a coward!

You know what may make a difference in your life, Conservative Democrat? If you actually found confidence in yourself, and rode the Tour de France CLEAN! Shadow the other riders out there. Get tips. Just ride the damn circuit, man...it isn't about winning. It is about completing the race. Just like how some people in marathons that raise money for causes like cancer happen to complete the race, or how some people finish triathlons or climb high altitudes, just to say that they did it. For most of these people, dope doesn't define their accomplishments, and they don't particularly care about who they beat...they just are out to accomplish their goal. Can you say the same? I suppose you are not there yet.

You have yourself a nice day...when you are able to actually 'liberalize' your mind in order to be able to see a day as a NICE day, alright Conservative? You can start looking forward to having a nice day for once in your life, when you stop speculating about things you know little about, alright chum?

:)
charlotte

Clermont-ferrand, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

in answer to BLACKTIGERSHARK,french do not like Armstrong,but some (as me), admire him because he is brave,He represente an unnatural challenge
what's more,the "tour de France" is french and will remain french,it's like that,if american want a "tour of america",they will have to authorize the doping,or ,the runners will never arrive alive
French could be proud to be envied and copied by americains, but French do not envy americains,we have our traditions and americains has only their macdo
though, we have other problems
But,I insist on the fact that this guy is brave, voluntary, what is more ,he is very a handsome man, what gives him many excuses
rfirma1

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Blacktigershark wrote:
<quoted text>
So, basically, you are saying that Lance can chase the dragon better than MD Conservative, because on Lance's worst day, he would have only been able to snort shards of crystal meth, in order to keep him from SERIOUSLY JONESING for the EPO, the testosterone, the steroid juice and the blood boosters?
Good call, rfirma1...problem is, you would have to consider what Lance considers an 'athletic endeavour', compared to what MD Conservative considers an athletic endeavour. MD Conservative may consider hiking to the top of Kilimanjaro an athletic endeavour...Lance likely considers filling vials of his transfused blood into pyrex pots an athletic endeavour! If it were me, Lance can win at ALL his crackpot sports he wants to, rfirma1...I don't even have to compete with a druggie like him. He may still believe he is a winner, however TRUE intellectuals know that he is nothing but a LOSER!
wow......long winded and very much inane musings that make no valid or logical point.
of course you don't have to compete against Lance........first of all you'd have to have the athletic ability to even be considered to compete, then you'd have to be able to qualify to compete in the same league. as for md conservative.......i would put money on Lance to get to the top of kilimanjaro before him.
what in the world would you know about "TRUE" intellectuals?
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

rfirma1 wrote:
<quoted text>
wow......long winded and very much inane musings that make no valid or logical point.
of course you don't have to compete against Lance........first of all you'd have to have the athletic ability to even be considered to compete, then you'd have to be able to qualify to compete in the same league. as for md conservative.......i would put money on Lance to get to the top of kilimanjaro before him.
what in the world would you know about "TRUE" intellectuals?
Again...WHAT sport can Lance be able to compete in, rfirma1? Lance is a DOPER! I would win a speedwalking marathon against him, because he's a doper, so that automatically makes me the winner!

Look, rfirma1...I'm an amateur athlete. Probably better than you have ever been able to achieve in your life, but that doesn't matter none, does it? YOU could probably beat Lance in a speedwalking marathon...hell Chris Christie could beat Lance Armstrong in a speedwalking marathon, and Christie only has to take one step, and then basically win the race by default!

What is basically being said here, is that when you juice, you virtually have NO athletic ability or athletic discipline in order to achieve your athletic achievements WITHOUT doping. May as well smoke crystal meth, and drive in the Formula 1 circuit, right rfirma1? Is that what YOU would deem to be intellectual, rfirma1? You can move on with your apologetic talk for poor Lance, rfirma1...I don't think that Lance is interested in you...
rfirma1

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Blacktigershark wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...WHAT sport can Lance be able to compete in, rfirma1? Lance is a DOPER! I would win a speedwalking marathon against him, because he's a doper, so that automatically makes me the winner!
Look, rfirma1...I'm an amateur athlete. Probably better than you have ever been able to achieve in your life, but that doesn't matter none, does it? YOU could probably beat Lance in a speedwalking marathon...hell Chris Christie could beat Lance Armstrong in a speedwalking marathon, and Christie only has to take one step, and then basically win the race by default!
What is basically being said here, is that when you juice, you virtually have NO athletic ability or athletic discipline in order to achieve your athletic achievements WITHOUT doping. May as well smoke crystal meth, and drive in the Formula 1 circuit, right rfirma1? Is that what YOU would deem to be intellectual, rfirma1? You can move on with your apologetic talk for poor Lance, rfirma1...I don't think that Lance is interested in you...
yeah...you're right....your self engrandized idea that your athletic prowess could surpass mine is.........rather ridiculous. you have no idea who i am.....nor what my athletic abilities are or were. i excelled in many sports as a young man.........and even today manage to remain competitive against players decades younger.
in the case of "juicing" ....i don't think any athlete that juices is doing himself, or herself any favors........and deserves to be ostracized from the sport......any sport.
but........as an intellectual.......as you seem to think you are.....you have to realize that lance was sought out for his abilities long before he started "juicing"..........a nd as one with natural talent......juice or no juice,........he is in the one percent of athletes that make it to the professional ranks.....unlike you..........or me.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Blacktigershark wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing that I have relatives in my family that are physicians, that can break down the facts to me about illegal substances and steroids. Not that I have to reveal my whole story to you on this forum, but the long and short of it was that when I was at the height of my athletic career, I suffered a slight setback, and other MD's had suggested that in order for me to quickly recover from this setback, I should take steroids.
After consulting with my family, and going over the pros and cons of taking steroids, I chose not to juice up, in order to simply get back on the field. I have no problem with hard work. I may never get to the levels that I could have with steroids, but hey, I define who I am WITHOUT dope. Can you say the same? I guess it is a matter on how much confidence you contend you have in yourself without being on the juice, and blood transfusions, and the EPO, and the steroids, and all that other junk. I'm supposing that since you are (or were) an amateur cyclist, you simply are not that confident in your abilities of being a cyclist in the first place. That doesn't even make you an amateur athlete, mate...that makes you a coward!
You know what may make a difference in your life, Conservative Democrat? If you actually found confidence in yourself, and rode the Tour de France CLEAN! Shadow the other riders out there. Get tips. Just ride the damn circuit, man...it isn't about winning. It is about completing the race. Just like how some people in marathons that raise money for causes like cancer happen to complete the race, or how some people finish triathlons or climb high altitudes, just to say that they did it. For most of these people, dope doesn't define their accomplishments, and they don't particularly care about who they beat...they just are out to accomplish their goal. Can you say the same? I suppose you are not there yet.
You have yourself a nice day...when you are able to actually 'liberalize' your mind in order to be able to see a day as a NICE day, alright Conservative? You can start looking forward to having a nice day for once in your life, when you stop speculating about things you know little about, alright chum?
Is every Canadian as stupid and as much of a presumptive a$$hole as you are?

I'm 51. When I cycle competitively, I do it in my classification. But, I really thrive in endurance cycling, mainly to support charities like the American Diabetes Association; the American Cancer Society; the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation; the Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital; the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (I have a heart condition and my father, grandmother and grandfather died of heart disease, hence my support to this fine school, notwithstanding that I went to law school at University of Miami).

I've been an athlete since I was in high school (baseball, track & field and gymnastics), and I competed at the state and national levels in both high school and college. I started cycling because of my knees, and because I've had double ACL repair surgery.

When I was competing, doping was not available at the collegiate and non-collegiate ranks; we actually observed the concept of sportsmanship and we competed, and won, using sheer passion, dedication, natural nutrition and brute strength as our "power bar."

And just in case you want to know, the only "drugs" I've ever ingested, have been nicotine (I like cigars) and alcohol, asides, of course, from a couple of prescription drugs I take to keep my sinus tachycardia and my cholesterol in check.

So you can kiss my a$$ ya zevel (that's Hebrew for "you piece of garbage") and go parade your assumptions to someone who may actually buy your line of shit.

Oh and BTW, I'm married to the most wonderful woman, who's also a Physiatrist, and I have two wonderful children, the oldest of which is on his 2nd year of med school.

Life is grand you fool!

Enjoy your brain freeze!!
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

I'm 51. When I cycle competitively, I do it in my classification. But, I really thrive in endurance cycling, mainly to support charities like the American Diabetes Association; the American Cancer Society; the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation; the Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital; the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (I have a heart condition and my father, grandmother and grandfather died of heart disease, hence my support to this fine school, notwithstanding that I went to law school at University of Miami).
I've been an athlete since I was in high school (baseball, track & field and gymnastics), and I competed at the state and national levels in both high school and college. I started cycling because of my knees, and because I've had double ACL repair surgery.
When I was competing, doping was not available at the collegiate and non-collegiate ranks; we actually observed the concept of sportsmanship and we competed, and won, using sheer passion, dedication, natural nutrition and brute strength as our "power bar."
And just in case you want to know, the only "drugs" I've ever ingested, have been nicotine (I like cigars) and alcohol, asides, of course, from a couple of prescription drugs I take to keep my sinus tachycardia and my cholesterol in check.
So you can kiss my a$$ ya zevel (that's Hebrew for "you piece of garbage") and go parade your assumptions to someone who may actually buy your line of shit.
Oh and BTW, I'm married to the most wonderful woman, who's also a Physiatrist, and I have two wonderful children, the oldest of which is on his 2nd year of med school.
Life is grand you fool!
Hmmm! Very pronounced of you, Conservative...should have expected a response like this from you. Don't worry...there's ALWAYS an answer for narrow-minded pricks like yourself.

First of all, have Lance kiss your ass. I'm not Jewish or Hebrew, so I don't care for your zionist crusader chatter. If you cut out the cigars and alcohol, you may be able to cut out some of the prescription drugs that you are taking, and you could, through renewed exercise (GET BACK ON THE BIKE), and better diet choices, you could actually complete the Tour de France.

Nice to know that you were oblivious to doping back in your day, and it is a testament to your character that you yourself didn't dope when you were an athlete in high school and college. Dope has been around for A LONG TIME, CD...it is just a good thing that you didn't get mixed up with it...your heart may have exploded like I heard Flo-Jo's did (remember...this is what I heard...I realize that Flo-Jo died of a seizure! Unlike you, I don't assume, and I leave statements open, so that people can provide the adequate answer to my comment...you should try that sometime!).

Thanks for that borefest you call your family history. You must be quite the dread to be around, when you are liquored up, talking about your past to your children, telling them about how you had to hike up steep roads to school, with your bike and your knapsack strapped to your back...do you get angry when your kids, or anybody else that listens to your endless drivel, ask you why you just didn't unstrap your bike from your back, and ride to and from school??? Yeah...forgot...I have quite a sarcastic side, and my sarcasm shines in the presence of douchebags like yourself!

As for Canadians being stupid and presumptive, I would say that that is an oversight by you yet again, CD. Didn't 1812 teach you Americans that Canadians are simply superior to you all? Maybe international hockey isn't enough to school you (okay...that was lame, and I hate hockey anyway, so let's share a laugh at that!)? Basic public health care takes care of us resilient Canadians up here...guess that is why there isn't a score of Canadians being caught up in doping allegations like Americans are!
rfirma1

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

<quoted text>
Life is grand you fool!
thank you for taking the time and your efforts to support such wonderful charities.

back in my day the only peds we had were fructose tablets for instant energy and salt pills to keep from "dehydrating"....oh. ..and gatorade (when it came in only one flavor)
Blacktigershark

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

rfirma1 wrote:
yeah...you're right....your self engrandized idea that your athletic prowess could surpass mine is.........rather ridiculous. you have no idea who i am.....nor what my athletic abilities are or were. i excelled in many sports as a young man.........and even today manage to remain competitive against players decades younger.
in the case of "juicing" ....i don't think any athlete that juices is doing himself, or herself any favors........and deserves to be ostracized from the sport......any sport.
but........as an intellectual.......as you seem to think you are.....you have to realize that lance was sought out for his abilities long before he started "juicing"..........a nd as one with natural talent......juice or no juice,........he is in the one percent of athletes that make it to the professional ranks.....unlike you..........or me.
Natural talent? Lance? Really now, rfirma1? Can you run back Lance Armstrong's PROFESSIONAL accomplishments before he started juicing and using blood transfusions, EPO and all that other garbage in order to keep himself from completely losing his career?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/cycling/...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/index-of-...

http://blog.connectv.com/lance-armstrong-time...

Lance turns pro in 1992. In his first race, he comes in last, and is devastated (I hope he was sobbing like a BITCH!). His mother talks him out of giving up cycling for good (BAD MOVE, MOM!). In 1993, Lance did win a stage in the Tour de France, though he could not finish the Tour de France at that time (he would have been 22 or 23 at the time). I am finding it quite hard to find out in the time from 1993 to 1998 when exactly Lance Armstrong actually COMPLETED the Tour de France, however, new evidence is suggesting that likely after Lance's last place finish in his first pro race, he sought out and started using dope the following year in 1993. You can read it for yourself, rfirma1...guess Lance just couldn't handle hard work. He may have been an American amateur junior phenom, though when he hit the professional circuit, he was SHIT without the drugs, so don't tell me that Lance had 'natural talent'! The evidence is there for INTELLECTUALS to read...Lance was getting destroyed in the professional circuit without the dope...you think that puts him in the upper echelon of athletes? That is tantamount to me going to an NFL camp, and never being able to crack the bench roster...that was how talented Lance was BEFORE the drugs. Lance was not an exceptional athlete, and the KEY THING HERE is that Lance didn't WANT to work to become an exceptional athlete!

Lance didn't 'MAKE IT' in the professional ranks, rfirma1...he got a try out, and he blew it miserably! He resorted to dope to stay with the other cyclists, and for a little bit there, he STILL was unable to ride with the big boys on the international scale, failing to complete the Tour de France in 1993, and likely for the next couple of years after that. All of a sudden, after 7 years of doping and blood transfusions, he's able to win in 1999...GO FIGURE!

You Lance apologists are all the same...trying to justify his cheating, and these recent claims that Lance had the talent BEFORE he started doping is speculative an utter rubbish!

As for you claiming that I made ridiculous statements of my athletic ability being superior to yours, I am going to say that you know less about me than I do about you. You don't want to compete against me. Now I wouldn't say that I would completely embarrass you, or that you couldn't keep up to me or remain competitive, though I firmly believe that I would beat you at many sporting challenges! PROVE ME WRONG

rfirma1

Columbia, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

prove you wrong about what? you want to meet up somewhere and have a throw down?.....yeah.....like that is going to happen cupcake........tell you what........if you are ever in the washington d.c. area.......let me know......i'll be here waiting for you to contact me....i have a hotmail account and if you want i will give you my email address........then we can see who has a bigger johnson or who can beat who at whatever....until then....take your empty and juvenile challenges...as far as i'm concerned you're just another big mouth punk......a member of the 101st mobile keyboard commandos holed up in your mommies basement.
did lance have natural talent?...well..if you had done any research or read any biography of the man....you would have known that lance was a competitive swimmer as a young child, moved onto competing and winning in junior triathalons at age 13. in 1987-1988 he was ranked the number one triathlete of the 19 and under class......having scored more points than 5 top professionals in the same field. at age 16 he became a professional triathlete, and was the sprint course triathlon champion in 1989 and 1990, he was 18 and 19 years old.
in 1992 he became a professional cyclist and continued having national and international success until he was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 1996.
nobody is apologizing for lance....he made his bed and now he has to lay in it........personally.......lan ce's doping means squat to me.......and what becomes of him.....really has no bearing on my life.
oh....the crack about the war of 1812 you made about "canadians" beating the u.s........what a silly twat you are.......don't they teach you actual history in canada? in 1812....there were no canadians....you were all english.......the troops that came to washington and burned it....were british........england was the world's superpower at the time......so...for the record.....who won the war of 1812? as you can see.......we don't have a british governor general, a representative of the queen of england, who appoints our prime minister....we vote for our own leaders and don't bow our heads to any monarch....unlike you craven canucks. be happy we are a benevolent neighbor..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories - Lance Armstrong Discussions

Search the Top Stories - Lance Armstrong Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Lance Armstrong: Interview with Oprah Winfrey d... (Jan '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 2
Lance Armstrong tweets that he's returned Olymp... (Sep '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 2
Lance Armstrong wants DOJa s false-claims suit ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Paso_Texas 2
Lance Armstrong urges judge to dismiss governme... (Jul '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Paso_Texas 2
Federer, Serena Williams say Lance Armstrong le... (Jan '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Paso_Texas 9
Feds lay out case against Lance Armstrong (Apr '13) Apr '13 My Opinion_El Paso_Texas 2
The Women Who Unraveled the Lance Armstrong Dop... (Oct '12) Apr '13 My Opinion_El Paso_Texas 51
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••