Lance Armstrong urges judge to dismiss government lawsuit over doping

Full story: Fox News

Lance Armstrong is urging a federal judge to dismiss the Justice Department's False Claims Act lawsuit against him, arguing that the claims are barred by the statute of limitations.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
bottlecap

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

I used to believe that Lance was telling the truth and I BASED that on the fact that despite many drug tests, he never failed any.

I NEVER knew about doping though, where somebody has their own blood put back into them to increase hemoglobin.

This APPEAL seems straight forward though, based on "Statute of Limitations".
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

bottlecap wrote:
I used to believe that Lance was telling the truth and I BASED that on the fact that despite many drug tests, he never failed any.
I NEVER knew about doping though, where somebody has their own blood put back into them to increase hemoglobin.
This APPEAL seems straight forward though, based on "Statute of Limitations".
You bring up fair and honest points Bottlecap.

Problem here is that all too many have felt that the rules and policies governing doping in cycling have been violated by the UCI, WADA, and USADA.

The "Statute of Limitations" in regards to the law suit by the government for the money involved is something that I don't have enough knowledge about. But, considering how much money that this administration in our federal government has already wasted along with all the various companies wasteful money transactions that our federal government has ignored, it's just a plain in your face "Witch Hunt" going after Lance Armstrong.

On the other side of this same fence I can also see and understand why everyone is going after him in regards to his personal behaviour towards others.

Cheers

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories - Lance Armstrong Discussions

Search the Top Stories - Lance Armstrong Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lance Armstrong: Interview with Oprah Winfrey d... (Jan '13) Mon Carly Jane 2 2
Lance Armstrong tweets that he's returned Olymp... (Sep '13) Apr 10 Carly Jane 2 2
Lance Armstrong wants DOJa s false-claims suit ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Paso_Texas 2
Federer, Serena Williams say Lance Armstrong le... (Jan '13) Jul '13 My Opinion_El Paso_Texas 9
Feds lay out case against Lance Armstrong (Apr '13) Apr '13 My Opinion_El Paso_Texas 2
The Women Who Unraveled the Lance Armstrong Dop... (Oct '12) Apr '13 My Opinion_El Paso_Texas 51
Lance Armstrong's alleged drugs (Jan '13) Apr '13 My Opinion_El Paso_Texas 21
•••
•••
•••
•••