Liberal Hawks were vocal on Iraq, but...

Liberal Hawks were vocal on Iraq, but have been quiet on Syria

There are 61 comments on the The Washington Post story from May 28, 2013, titled Liberal Hawks were vocal on Iraq, but have been quiet on Syria. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

For interests on both sides of Syria's civil war, this has been the week to step up their game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“MAKE AMERICAN GREAT AGAIN!!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#62 Jun 1, 2013
Jose - in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddam's cause was himself, staying in power . He was not religious which was another reason that Osama and he hated each other.
This again is the dilemma as far as Syria goes because Assads opposition seem to be the type of people we rather not see in power.
Don't get me wrong Assad is not a nice guy but from our own security perspective we are not happy with the other option.
Its easy to say "Take out Assad" but than what?
The only military operation I would agree to in Syria would be trying to destroy was much of Assad's WMD's as possible, storage sites, manufacturing, delivery systems etc. And that is it. Would we get it all, no but at least AQ would not get a stockpile of WMD's intact to use somewhere else. Syria was one of two of the largest producers of foreign fighters in Iraq, let Assad pay for that at least for a little while!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Iraq Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Hits Clinton on Emails, Bush on Iraq (Aug '15) Nov '16 Pardoner in Chief 3
News Donald Rumsfeld to Diane Sawyer: 'It's Possible... (Feb '11) Sep '16 Geezer 40
News Down another key minister, Iraq continues Mosul... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Iraq's Top Cleric Increases Pressure on Al-Maliki (Jun '14) Jul '16 Trumpty Dumpty 6
News UN Envoy Warns That Iraq's Political Crisis Hel... (May '16) May '16 Jeff Brightone 1
News Iraqi cleric behind weekend protests re-emerges... (May '16) May '16 34-34-CD-CD 1
News Delta Force Captures ISIS Operative in Iraq (Mar '16) Mar '16 Azat 1
More from around the web