Obama Thanks Troops Who Served in Iraq

Obama Thanks Troops Who Served in Iraq

There are 10 comments on the ABC News story from Sep 1, 2012, titled Obama Thanks Troops Who Served in Iraq. In it, ABC News reports that:

President Barack Obama is thanking troops for their service as he marks the second anniversary of the end of combat operations in Iraq.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1 Sep 1, 2012
Remove the stigma of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.
Heroes should not be 'disappeared'.
indy

Big Pine Key, FL

#2 Sep 2, 2012
why did he thank them? acc to him, and the left there werent any terrorists in iraq... maybe now the left will tell us who they thought our guys were fighting... i still believe aqoi is/was real....thats alqeada of iraq for otrons....

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#3 Sep 10, 2012
indy wrote:
why did he thank them? acc to him, and the left there werent any terrorists in iraq... maybe now the left will tell us who they thought our guys were fighting... i still believe aqoi is/was real....thats alqeada of iraq for otrons....
He is building cred. As a leader. Until he has them investigated and disappeared.
Outta Luck

Ames, IA

#4 Sep 10, 2012
indy wrote:
WE did not go into Iraq for terrorists. We went into Iraq because Saddam kept pissing off the Nuclear inspectors by not letting them in.
Then we were told he had WMDs all over the place and he had to be stopped.
What The left remembers is, there were no WMDs, and there was no terroist cells in Iraq, Saddam hated terrorists. SO the Idiots of the war were not the soldiers. They did as ordered. The Commander-in-Chief at the time was to blame for that mess.
Oh snap!
I'm sorry! I forgot, we're not supposed to mention the W presedency this close to the election. It will make the GOP look like a bunch of warmongering douchebags.
Outta Luck

Ames, IA

#5 Sep 10, 2012
RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>
He is building cred. As a leader. Until he has them investigated and disappeared.
Paranoid a little are ya?
911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#7 Sep 23, 2012
Outta Luck wrote:
<quoted text>
WE did not go into Iraq for terrorists. We went into Iraq because Saddam kept pissing off the Nuclear inspectors by not letting them in.
Complete and unadulterated bullsh!t.
Outta Luck

Ames, IA

#8 Sep 23, 2012
911 was an inside job wrote:
<quoted text>
Complete and unadulterated bullsh!t.
NO pal, complete and total FACT.
Obama had nothing to do with going into Iraq. That was W. your party's president, 99% of the reason why I will NEVER vote repuklicrap again.
After going into Afganistan to blow up the mountains looking for someone who was not EVER there, we went into Iraq Because Saddam would not play ball with the international Nuclear people, because he was amassing Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Of course that had nothing to do with why we went in, but it gave W the excuse necessary to go in with.
911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#9 Sep 23, 2012
Outta Luck wrote:
<quoted text>
NO pal, complete and total FACT.
Obama had nothing to do with going into Iraq. That was W. your party's president, 99% of the reason why I will NEVER vote repuklicrap again.
After going into Afganistan to blow up the mountains looking for someone who was not EVER there, we went into Iraq Because Saddam would not play ball with the international Nuclear people, because he was amassing Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Of course that had nothing to do with why we went in, but it gave W the excuse necessary to go in with.
The U.N. inspectors HAD access but didn't find anything! It was interesting that the U.S. supposedly had "evidence" of the existence of an Iraqi nuclear and WMD program, but for some reason they were unable to share that evidence with the U.N. inspectors so that they could confirm independently.

The FACT is that NONE of the justifications for the invasion and occupation of Iraq had any merit whatsoever, including the lack of access to inspectors (which, even if it had been true, would hardly justify an invasion and occupation.... And the lack of interest by occupying forces in securing places like Tuwaitha immediately after the invasion from looters confirms that alleged weapons programs was never a real concern.)

The Democrats were complicit in W's "wars of aggression" (the highest war crime, according to Nuremberg), and Obama has perpetuated Bush's crimes and even expanded them in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and other nations. And while kidnapping, torture, and murder were being done on the sly under the Bush regime, Obama openly assassinates "suspects" and the unfortunate people in their vicinity with no judicial review, including American citizens. And for some reason, Obama's supporters seem to think that this is okay.

?

BTW I don't belong to either one of these "parties."
Outta Luck

Ames, IA

#10 Sep 24, 2012
911 was an inside job wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.N. inspectors HAD access but didn't find anything! It was interesting that the U.S. supposedly had "evidence" of the existence of an Iraqi nuclear and WMD program, but for some reason they were unable to share that evidence with the U.N. inspectors so that they could confirm independently.
The FACT is that NONE of the justifications for the invasion and occupation of Iraq had any merit whatsoever, including the lack of access to inspectors (which, even if it had been true, would hardly justify an invasion and occupation.... And the lack of interest by occupying forces in securing places like Tuwaitha immediately after the invasion from looters confirms that alleged weapons programs was never a real concern.)
The Democrats were complicit in W's "wars of aggression" (the highest war crime, according to Nuremberg), and Obama has perpetuated Bush's crimes and even expanded them in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and other nations. And while kidnapping, torture, and murder were being done on the sly under the Bush regime, Obama openly assassinates "suspects" and the unfortunate people in their vicinity with no judicial review, including American citizens. And for some reason, Obama's supporters seem to think that this is okay.
?
BTW I don't belong to either one of these "parties."
I agree, except I do not beleive Obama has continued W's crimes.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11 Sep 24, 2012
"Schroeder and Fischer neither question the right of the US government to replace the government in Baghdad by force of arms with a more compliant regime, nor do they concern themselves with the fate of the Iraqi population and the innumerable victims such a war would create. They are exclusively concerned with the defence of German and European interests in the region, which they see being endangered by the actions of the Bush administration."

The Iraq invasion was a US disaster, Prez Obama bring more of our troops out of Afghanistan-Romney won't even recognize their lives

Ron Paul is spot on here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Iraq Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Hits Clinton on Emails, Bush on Iraq (Aug '15) Nov 22 vote doug jones 6
News Murder conviction in Blackwater Iraq shooting c... Aug '17 rustyshackleford 1
News Female mechanics spark gender revolution in Iraq Jul '17 fun all over 1
News Mistaken paint jobs blamed after dozens of U.S.... Jun '17 No wonder 1
News Kushner arrives in Iraq with Joint Chiefs chair... (Apr '17) Apr '17 He Named Me Black... 2
News Donald Rumsfeld to Diane Sawyer: 'It's Possible... (Feb '11) Sep '16 Geezer 40
News Down another key minister, Iraq continues Mosul... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web