Plane Spotted in Iran Is Registered t...

Plane Spotted in Iran Is Registered to Utah Bank

There are 2 comments on the ABC News story from Apr 18, 2014, titled Plane Spotted in Iran Is Registered to Utah Bank. In it, ABC News reports that:

An airplane that mysteriously ended up in Iran is registered to a Utah bank under an arrangement for aviation ownership that has prompted two warnings from a government watchdog in the past year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

read my fingers

Greenfield, IN

#1 Apr 18, 2014
;-000h, the duck chasing de chicken cross the road!! happy Eastern egg bunnie;) watta wabbit!;-00
Jorja Fox

Scottsville, VA

#2 Apr 19, 2014
Back to business as usual. Am curious why owners of planes are not identified...when you own a car you need to provide title. etc. Why not with a plane? Sounds kind of dangerous to me.

A government watchdog warned last June and again in January that non-U.S. citizens have registered 5,600 planes with the Federal Aviation Administration through trustees, concealing the owners' identities.

Why do the owners need to conceal themselves?

"Our trust agreements are very clearly outlined that we don't allow any illegal activity, obviously, with these assets."

Uh-huh

Well, the FAA needs to make sure they know who owns what planes and it should be public knowledge..it will keep things on the up & up and in today's world--probably safer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Iran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iran says U.S. Navy fired a warning shot near i... Jul 30 RushFan666 3
News Analysis: Trump's cutoff of aid to Syrian rebel... Jul 21 USA Today 2
News Haley says warning to Syria also aimed at Russi... Jun '17 Ms Sassy 1
News Senate votes to punish Russia and Iran over ele... Jun '17 Retribution 2
News A look at Iran's presidential candidates May '17 okimar 1
News A Look at Where Countries Stand in Saudi Arabia... (Jan '16) May '17 Lavon Affair 2
News Syria's chemical program: Rubio 'gravely concer... Apr '17 Death on 2 Legs 3
More from around the web