U.S. prepares for Hurricane Sandy

U.S. prepares for Hurricane Sandy

There are 4 comments on the CBS News story from Oct 26, 2012, titled U.S. prepares for Hurricane Sandy. In it, CBS News reports that:

Laura Rath, on vacation from the Netherlands, walks on the beach with her family as they are buffeted by high winds of the outer bands of Hurricane Sandy on Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Congressional Malfeasance

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Oct 26, 2012
How many Republican Governors will be begging for Government cash after it's over while still claiming it's a waste of money?

All of them, that's how many!!!

If they had their way, the national hurricane centyer would be abolished and nobody would know when they're coming!!!!!!!!

Vote Dem cause Republiscams are insane, period!

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2 Oct 26, 2012
This is going to get pretty ugly if it lands and stalls for 3 days. Please Pray for OUR FATHER'S protection and guidance for these folks this weekend. GOD BLESS.
i hope it rains

Blacklick, OH

#3 Oct 26, 2012
Depending on which squiggly line on the map Sandy follows Columbus Ohio could feel the effects on Halloween during Trick or Treat. C'MON SANDY!

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#5 Oct 27, 2012
For all you folks in the Northeast who have never experienced a real hurricane....You ain't seen bad, but it is on the way. Prepare yourselves and your property. Make sure those at risk are helped. Lay in a supply of everything you need: medicine, gasoline, cash, non-perishable food, fresh water, a good ice chest, and something to protect yourself with...a handgun would work just fine if legal to possess where you live. You may trust your neighbors just fine, but every shag-nasty for miles around will be looking to take advantage of you. And that includes price gouging by greedy merchants. You will be out of electricity for a while. As soon as you can after the storm passes, contact your family and tell them where you are and what conditions you are experiencing. Locate available medical help, find a fresh water source, find a source to get ice, and connect with neighbors and form mutual help groups. Leave your freezer closed for two days, then start cooking the food on an outside grill, propane if possible. Get together with neighbors for group meals to keep from wasting the food you all have. After four or five days it won't be fit to eat unless you have coooked it and put it on ice.
I hope you get the idea...PREPARE YOUSELVES...DO NO DEPEND UPON OTHERS TO DO IT FOR YOU. They will all be trying to survive just as you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Hurricane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hurricane Irene: Outages, Destruction in Storm'... (Aug '11) May '17 martin garey 2
News N.C. said it still needs $929 million in aid fo... May '17 Fundie Sniffling 3
News Savvy Shopper: Can't find water? Where to find ... (Aug '11) May '17 Martin garey 3
News 3 ways big storms like Hurricane Matthew can im... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Cristi 7
News Bermuda Braces for Hit From 'Nicole,' a Cat 4 H... (Oct '16) Oct '16 mar 1
News Hurricane Matthew hits landfall in South Caroli... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Dr Reker s Bellhop 1
News Obama postpones Florida trip, Clinton campaign ... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Le Jimbo 3
More from around the web