Ap Exclusive: Honduras gov't report s...

Ap Exclusive: Honduras gov't report says most inmates in deadly prison fire were not convicted

There are 2 comments on the The Washington Post story from Feb 16, 2012, titled Ap Exclusive: Honduras gov't report says most inmates in deadly prison fire were not convicted. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

COMAYAGUA, Honduras - The prisoners whose scorched bodies were carried out piece by piece Thursday morning from a charred Honduran prison had been locked inside an overcrowded penitentiary where most inmates had never been charged, let alone convicted, according to an internal Honduran government report obtained by The Associated Press.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#1 Feb 16, 2012
So WHY THE FREAK were they even there????

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#2 Feb 16, 2012
Many crude prisons in Latin America are not convict prisons. They serve as holding for those waiting for trial.

for more info visit my blog at

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Honduras Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Left Sets Honduras on Fire Dec '17 Mick 15
News Trump administration praises Honduras amid elec... Dec '17 Marco R s Secret ... 2
News The immigration crisis solution: A Plan Honduras (Jul '14) Jan '15 Tony 8
News US weighs refugee status for youth from Honduras (Jul '14) Jul '14 TedsLiver 14
News Honduras sends soldiers to fight crime in 2 cities (Feb '13) Feb '13 Conditional of Se... 2
News Inside World's deadliest country: Honduras (Dec '12) Dec '12 Marco 2
News Honduras deal sets stage for investors to build... (Sep '12) Sep '12 nym8387 1