Woman Fights for Health Care for Immi...

Woman Fights for Health Care for Immigrant Husband

There are 264 comments on the Fox News story from Sep 28, 2011, titled Woman Fights for Health Care for Immigrant Husband. In it, Fox News reports that:

A Phoenix woman is fighting to get health care for her husband, an undocumented immigrant who was in the process of obtaining legal status before he suffered brain damage while playing soccer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

The Compound

#1 Sep 28, 2011
Here is your band-aid. Please go back to where you came from. "Undocumented" is just another word for illegal.

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Since: May 07

London, England

#2 Sep 28, 2011
I don't want to sound mean, but like the the article says, even if the illegal was given a Green Card, he still would have to qualify for Arizona residency (5 yrs as a legal)
What's to stop his family from sending him back to Mexico for treatment, I'm sure Mexico's healthcare system is much more affordable than the US, and equally as good as that provided by Medicaid.

Illegals should think about these consequences of coming to the USA illegally - they have 'NO' Rights!
rainyday

Bel Air, MD

#3 Sep 28, 2011
FUNNY or SAD that the word ILLEGAL doesn't mean anything!
rainyday

Bel Air, MD

#4 Sep 28, 2011
Go back to you own freaking country to milk YOUR gov agencies, we have enough LEGAL citizens and ILLEGAL citizens taking more than their fair share. And the hard working MEN and WOMEN are paying for it, bastards!
Emile Zola

San Antonio, TX

#5 Sep 28, 2011
reza june wrote:
I don't want to sound mean, but like the the article says, even if the illegal was given a Green Card, he still would have to qualify for Arizona residency (5 yrs as a legal)
What's to stop his family from sending him back to Mexico for treatment, I'm sure Mexico's healthcare system is much more affordable than the US, and equally as good as that provided by Medicaid.
Illegals should think about these consequences of coming to the USA illegally - they have 'NO' Rights!
Let me guess, you are a tea partier and has the gall to call illegals the rightful owners of this land. FYI, what part of they were here first before your genocide, land mass grabbers came here. Actually, you sound like a Nazi, telling a lie to see if it sticks, a la tea partier, and after repeating it ad nauseum, the fixnews network and obviously you make it a fact. I do have a question, does your alias, because I don't think that is right name, implies another foreigner trying to pass as "American?" You sound like Joe Arpahaio, the Mexican looking sheriff trying to "look" white by going after their own trying to be accepted by this "Christian and democratic" nation. What a bunch of clowns. Ride pagliaso! your slogan peddling is showing!

Since: Mar 09

Hidden

#6 Sep 28, 2011
Emile Zola wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess, you are a tea partier and has the gall to call illegals the rightful owners of this land. FYI, what part of they were here first before your genocide, land mass grabbers came here. Actually, you sound like a Nazi, telling a lie to see if it sticks, a la tea partier, and after repeating it ad nauseum, the fixnews network and obviously you make it a fact. I do have a question, does your alias, because I don't think that is right name, implies another foreigner trying to pass as "American?" You sound like Joe Arpahaio, the Mexican looking sheriff trying to "look" white by going after their own trying to be accepted by this "Christian and democratic" nation. What a bunch of clowns. Ride pagliaso! your slogan peddling is showing!
Rightful owners of the land? That would be the Navajo, Anasazi and other tribes... not the spanish. The spanish took it from the Natives, we took it from the spanish a couple hundred years ago. To call Mexicans the rightful owners is laughable. Is mexico going to give back it's land to only pure blooded Aztec descendants? Did the Aztec fight anyone to take the land? I mean we have to go all the way back thousands of years right?

“Shoot First, Think Never”

Since: Jun 09

Elk Grove

#7 Sep 28, 2011
I would normally say no healthcare to illegals but apparently he was in the process of becoming legal, and knowing that the process is long, I would say he is the exception to the rule.
FREE in MX

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Sep 28, 2011
Take him to Mexico. There's free healthcare there.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#9 Sep 28, 2011
Emile Zola wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess, you are a tea partier and has the gall to call illegals the rightful owners of this land. FYI, what part of they were here first before your genocide, land mass grabbers came here. Actually, you sound like a Nazi, telling a lie to see if it sticks, a la tea partier, and after repeating it ad nauseum, the fixnews network and obviously you make it a fact. I do have a question, does your alias, because I don't think that is right name, implies another foreigner trying to pass as "American?" You sound like Joe Arpahaio, the Mexican looking sheriff trying to "look" white by going after their own trying to be accepted by this "Christian and democratic" nation. What a bunch of clowns. Ride pagliaso! your slogan peddling is showing!
Let me guess...you Emile Zola are a nazi who enjoyed hearing obama use the word Jew in a most derogatory way? Yes obama immediately said janitor afterwards but being as obama's preacher and personal mentor for 20 years Rev. Wright and Wright's pal L. Farrakhan both disdain Jews then perhaps obama meant Jews? I mean an opinion for Jews came from somewhere in obama's head full of anti-Americanism garbage.
As for your assumption illegals own America just remember the Alamo and the history that follows. You win some you lose some and you have no podium.
As for your libelous Tea Party bashing one would expect it coming from a dumbbell Red Coat like you.

"If asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a Jew, uh, as a janitor makes me a warrior for the working class, I wear that with a badge of honor. I have no problem with that." b. h. obama.

http://www.theconservativereview.com/tag/obam...

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#10 Sep 28, 2011
Without knowing all the facts I would assume the once carefree happy go lucky soccer player was given treatment in an ER and a hospital to recover. Surely he wasn't left laying on the soccer field. So the woman wants long term care which she probably cannot provide and the state will have to take up the slack and unfortunately the man will probably wind up in a nursing home. This is more about see-see you need obamacare and less about the injured man.
Shanaynay

Glenview, IL

#11 Sep 28, 2011
NO HEALTH CARE FOR ILLEGALS! NONE! Not even a fcking band aid. Get the Hell OUT of our country. I am so sick of this sh*t I could PUKE!!

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Since: May 07

London, England

#12 Sep 28, 2011
Emile Zola wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess, you are a tea partier and has the gall to call illegals the rightful owners of this land. FYI, what part of they were here first before your genocide, land mass grabbers came here. Actually, you sound like a Nazi, telling a lie to see if it sticks, a la tea partier, and after repeating it ad nauseum, the fixnews network and obviously you make it a fact. I do have a question, does your alias, because I don't think that is right name, implies another foreigner trying to pass as "American?" You sound like Joe Arpahaio, the Mexican looking sheriff trying to "look" white by going after their own trying to be accepted by this "Christian and democratic" nation. What a bunch of clowns. Ride pagliaso! your slogan peddling is showing!
I must be missing something here, exactly where did I call illegals the rightful owners of this land????
Your reading comprehension skills are Zero, and FYI Moron, I am not a Tea-Partier, in fact I am a liberal you arsehole, but I have no empathy for those that break the laws of the USA.
Your English sounds like it's your second language, and pretty much defines you as being semi-literate.
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Sep 28, 2011
It's interesting. I was just thinking that when I was a teenager, working under the table for cash, I'd have been in a real bind if I got injured, because I'm sure my then-employer would have carted me off, maybe dumped me at an emergency room and denied I got hurt on his property. The reality is, I set myself up to have that happen and I'm damned lucky it never did.

The same is true here. This guy set himself up for this, but he wasn't lucky. Now, the piper is calling; I think he'd be smarter to go back to Mexico.

Since: Mar 09

Hidden

#14 Sep 28, 2011
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess...you Emile Zola are a nazi who enjoyed hearing obama use the word Jew in a most derogatory way? Yes obama immediately said janitor afterwards but being as obama's preacher and personal mentor for 20 years Rev. Wright and Wright's pal L. Farrakhan both disdain Jews then perhaps obama meant Jews? I mean an opinion for Jews came from somewhere in obama's head full of anti-Americanism garbage.
As for your assumption illegals own America just remember the Alamo and the history that follows. You win some you lose some and you have no podium.
As for your libelous Tea Party bashing one would expect it coming from a dumbbell Red Coat like you.
"If asking a billionaire to pay the same tax rate as a Jew, uh, as a janitor makes me a warrior for the working class, I wear that with a badge of honor. I have no problem with that." b. h. obama.
http://www.theconservativereview.com/tag/obam...
REdiculous... clearly a mis statement. You know how you know that? You use your brain... try it.

What it the world could Obama have meant if he had simply said "Jew".... it makes no sense... "asking a billionaire to pay as much as a Jew..."

That would imply Obama things all Jews are poor.... when most who hate Jews stereotype exactly the opposite. Now if he had said that he is making sure that Jews... i mean billionaires pay as much as a janitor... then you might have something in the way of a Freudian slip.... not that other way around.

It only takes a little bit of critical thinking skills to see this for what it is.... a blow up by the Conservative media.
Marcus Porcius

Whittier, CA

#15 Sep 28, 2011
CTEd wrote:
<quoted text>
REdiculous... clearly a mis statement. You know how you know that? You use your brain... try it.
What it the world could Obama have meant if he had simply said "Jew".... it makes no sense... "asking a billionaire to pay as much as a Jew..."
That would imply Obama things all Jews are poor.... when most who hate Jews stereotype exactly the opposite. Now if he had said that he is making sure that Jews... i mean billionaires pay as much as a janitor... then you might have something in the way of a Freudian slip.... not that other way around.
It only takes a little bit of critical thinking skills to see this for what it is.... a blow up by the Conservative media.
Actually it's not in what context he said it, it's THAT he said. He's talking about billionaires the next word out of his mouth is "Jew." Obviously talking about the "rich not paying their fair share" made him think about Jews.

The other issue is that he knows the audience, the Congressional Black (Panther) Caucus, has a very anti-Semitic bent. He knows that if he's trashing billionaires and "slips" the word Jew in there it will have the desired result, which in this case was to rile up the part of his base he was talking too that day.

Obama hates Jews and he hates Israel.

Marcus Porcius
www.theconservativereview.com
Taxpayer

Katy, TX

#16 Sep 28, 2011
There is another option that is not mentioned in the article...

His wife (and family) could fork over their own cash to pay for his medical needs. Truth is, I don't feel it's my responsibility (as a taxpayer) to pay for anybody's health care, illegal alien or US citizen. You want to be treated, write a check and pay the bill and you can have all the health care YOU are willing to pay for. This woman obviously doesn't care enough about her own husband to get off her butt and earn the money to pay his bills, but she wants the US taxpayer to care more than she does.

Why is it that the only discussion is about WHO will pay and the family is not even expected to contribute? Apparently he and his wife also wanted the US taxpayers to pay for his college education, too. Why do so many low-life's in this country expect that someone else is responsible for paying their way through life?
Emile Zola

San Antonio, TX

#17 Sep 28, 2011
CTEd wrote:
<quoted text>
Rightful owners of the land? That would be the Navajo, Anasazi and other tribes... not the spanish. The spanish took it from the Natives, we took it from the spanish a couple hundred years ago. To call Mexicans the rightful owners is laughable. Is mexico going to give back it's land to only pure blooded Aztec descendants? Did the Aztec fight anyone to take the land? I mean we have to go all the way back thousands of years right?
I see why this nation is one of the last in almost everything: Science, math, history, geometry, health care, democracy, etc. With such ignorant populace, the tea partiers seem to be rocket scientists. Mexico, pea brain, included Utah, until this Don Corleone nation made Mexico an offer they couldn't refuse and the rest is history. Ignorant people like you, that make a distintion between native Americans and Mexicans, it's like saying that Yankees are citizens, but the racist Sout are not alowed to comment stupidities. I don't know if you went to school, I have my doubts, but if you did, go back and request a refund.

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Since: May 07

London, England

#18 Sep 28, 2011
Why should you, the American taxpayer, pay for someone regardless of his/her pending national status, when they can free healthcare from their own country?
I am a UK citizen living in the USA legally, however I would not dream of burdening the American people with my healthcare expenses. I have two options 1) To have health insurance and (or) 2) return to my country of citizenship and receive their national health care.

Since: Mar 09

Hidden

#19 Sep 28, 2011
Marcus Porcius wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's not in what context he said it, it's THAT he said. He's talking about billionaires the next word out of his mouth is "Jew." Obviously talking about the "rich not paying their fair share" made him think about Jews.
That's a stretch.... If we took seriously every gaffe Bush made we'd still be writing about it.
Marcus Porcius wrote:
<quoted text>
The other issue is that he knows the audience, the Congressional Black (Panther) Caucus, has a very anti-Semitic bent. He knows that if he's trashing billionaires and "slips" the word Jew in there it will have the desired result, which in this case was to rile up the part of his base he was talking too that day.
Obama hates Jews and he hates Israel.
Marcus Porcius
www.theconservativereview.com
Personally I think it's stretching, like with the 57 states thing, sometimes a slip is just a slip (like was going to say almost all 50 states, or 47 states and mixed them - then someone finds some obscure mulsim reference and tries to say that's what he meant.)

Since: Mar 09

Hidden

#20 Sep 28, 2011
Emile Zola wrote:
<quoted text>I see why this nation is one of the last in almost everything: Science, math, history, geometry, health care, democracy, etc. With such ignorant populace, the tea partiers seem to be rocket scientists. Mexico, pea brain, included Utah, until this Don Corleone nation made Mexico an offer they couldn't refuse and the rest is history. Ignorant people like you, that make a distintion between native Americans and Mexicans, it's like saying that Yankees are citizens, but the racist Sout are not alowed to comment stupidities. I don't know if you went to school, I have my doubts, but if you did, go back and request a refund.
I don't know what you are talking about... Mexico included Utah only BECAUSE SPAIN CONQUERED IT not because it was theirs.

Spain conqured the Aztecs and setup New Spain, and then expanded New Spain into what is now the American southwest. They took the land from the Navajo, Anazai and other native american tribes the same way American did.

"The colony of New Spain rapidly outgrew the initial borders of the Aztec Empire, encompassing all of present-day Mexico, as well as Central America (as far south as Costa Rica), and much of the present-day southwest United States, including all or parts of Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. "

Eventually due to high taxes from the Spanish crown, they rebelled (an 11 year rebellion) and won an independent state (Mexico). So Spain took it from the Indians, Mexico took over for spain, we took it from Mexico.

Again... Mexico has no claim to the land after 200 years unless they are willing to go back and give it to Spain, and Spain is willing to go back and give it to the native Americans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Health Care Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mitch McConnell says he's awaiting President Tr... Oct '17 Phyllis Schlafly ... 37
News Kimmel calls Louisiana senator 'inbred' during ... Oct '17 Putins Glock Holster 9
News In 2006 Video, Romney Calls Health Care Mandate... (Jun '12) Oct '17 Geezer approval r... 73
News GOP health care bill appears doomed as Collins ... Sep '17 Tea Bag Residue C... 1
News Bush Offers Plan to Repeal, Replace Federal Hea... (Oct '15) Aug '17 Polygamy 2
News 'Time to move on' from health care, Senate GOP ... Aug '17 John 87
News With Obamacare repeal dead, bipartisan group of... Jul '17 bottlecap 25
More from around the web