Fact Check: RNC Ad Hits Obama for 'Hi...

Fact Check: RNC Ad Hits Obama for 'Higher Costs' on Health Care

There are 14 comments on the ABC News story from Mar 20, 2012, titled Fact Check: RNC Ad Hits Obama for 'Higher Costs' on Health Care. In it, ABC News reports that:

The Republican National Committee is hammering President Obama in a new TV ad over what it calls a "broken promise" to bring down health care costs for families.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#1 Mar 20, 2012
INCREDIBLE hypocrisy, given the fact that Republicans have done more than anyone else, even Dems, to make our healthcare the most expensive in the world. Their party is completely dependent on healthcare-industry money.

hasn't stopped them from pretending that "Obamacare" will cause "massive increases in spending," either, although that's purely speculative.

One way to cut prices, perhaps the ONLY way: a single-payer system where the government acts to regulate prices and keep them affordable. It's what other civilized countries do, why can't we?
Fact check

Fitchburg, MA

#2 Mar 20, 2012
"The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office recently revised downward the total estimated net cost of the law over 10 years, from $1.13 trillion to $1.083 trillion. The CBO has also projected the law would yield around $200 billion in deficit reduction over the next decade, and said that repealing it would add costs to taxpayers over the same term."

You'd think a headline like fact check would actually fact check, yet, all the article does is repeat the RNC ad while burying the actual facts.

So, who needs the RNC when you have ABC?!!??!?
those

Santa Fe, NM

#3 Mar 20, 2012
idjots will say anything
KoolD

Morristown, NJ

#4 Mar 20, 2012
Health Care if allowed to pass by in the Supreme Court will cost all of us. Already I am paying 3K more than before, Obama is a liar. Plain and simple. Pull your heads out of your arses and take a look around. Most companies will pay the penalty and allow health care to be a government problem. Meaning everyone will pay for this, including the 67% who do not want it.

KoolD
Curious

Gadsden, AL

#5 Mar 20, 2012
Obamacare sucks. It needs to be repealed, struck down, overturned and/or whatever the legal term is.
Far Away

Anchorage, AK

#7 Mar 20, 2012
Fact check wrote:
"The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office recently revised downward the total estimated net cost of the law over 10 years, from $1.13 trillion to $1.083 trillion. The CBO has also projected the law would yield around $200 billion in deficit reduction over the next decade, and said that repealing it would add costs to taxpayers over the same term."
You'd think a headline like fact check would actually fact check, yet, all the article does is repeat the RNC ad while burying the actual facts.
So, who needs the RNC when you have ABC?!!??!?
You might want to update your information.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/bl...

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#8 Mar 21, 2012
Curious wrote:
Obamacare sucks. It needs to be repealed, struck down, overturned and/or whatever the legal term is.
First figure out what "Obamacare" is.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#9 Mar 21, 2012
Easy people, we'll just make the 'rich' pay more. Besides adding another 25 million to the free health care rolls won't affect the working people.
Health

Santa Fe, NM

#10 Mar 21, 2012
KoolD wrote:
insurance was going up before he was even president - don't lie...
progressive

New Salem, ND

#11 Mar 21, 2012
Why should we be the only country in the world with cheap gas and yet have to pay for basic health care?
Curious

Gadsden, AL

#12 Mar 21, 2012
progressive wrote:
Why should we be the only country in the world with cheap gas and yet have to pay for basic health care?
Gas isn't cheap and our Country is not responsible for everyones insurance. I don't have any and don't expect anyone else to pay for it.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#13 Mar 22, 2012
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Gas isn't cheap and our Country is not responsible for everyones insurance. I don't have any and don't expect anyone else to pay for it.
Trust me, with obama in charge, gas is now cheap. He won't rest until we are 'europeanised'. One world order.
wondering

Seattle, WA

#14 Mar 23, 2012
interesting
saw em

Dallas, TX

#15 Mar 23, 2012
saw it, was good

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Health Care Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama Plugs Health Care Law at Texas Fundraiser (Mar '12) Jul 30 Organ farts 33
News In 2006 Video, Romney Calls Health Care Mandate... (Jun '12) Jul 29 Poverty Sucks 57
News California on Cusp of Offering Young Immigrants... Jun '15 M Robbins 6
News Obama: "Time to stop refighting" health care ba... Jun '15 President Donald ... 1
News Supreme Court's Health-Care Subsidies Ruling - ... Jun '15 Neil 1
News Illegal immigrants: State Senate approves healt... Jun '15 ronnie 4
News Health care: Illegal immigrants would get Medi-... May '15 wild child 2
More from around the web