Fashion Island gunman fired 50 rounds...

Fashion Island gunman fired 50 rounds, motive unclear, police say

There are 15 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Dec 16, 2012, titled Fashion Island gunman fired 50 rounds, motive unclear, police say. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

A gunman fired at least 50 rounds in the crowded parking lot of the Fashion Island shopping mall, but Newport Beach police are unclear about a motive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

polabo

Houston, TX

#1 Dec 16, 2012
24 hrs. a day media coverage-- this will bring all the kooks out the closet--
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#2 Dec 17, 2012
Maybe the poor mentally ill guy thought he was fighting the imaginary war on Christmas that Teabag Republicans invented.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#3 Dec 17, 2012
polabo wrote:
24 hrs. a day media coverage-- this will bring all the kooks out the closet--
Oh yeah, please make it go away. Pretend it didn't happen, right? After all, it's took place last Friday, two news cycles ago?

Those liberals just want an excuse to take away guns.
disgusted

Warrenville, IL

#4 Dec 17, 2012
what better excuse than someone shooting up an elementary school or shopping mall?
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#5 Dec 17, 2012
disgusted wrote:
what better excuse than someone shooting up an elementary school or shopping mall?
Agreed.

Somewhere in America a gun dealer is mourning the loss of a lucrative customer who was killed by her own guns.

"On Friday morning, Lanza shot Nancy in the face at the home they shared in Newtown, and then drove her car to Sandy Hook Elementary School. Dressed in black combat gear, the 20-year-old broke a window at the school, which had recently had a new security system installed, and within minutes had shot and killed six adults and 20 schoolchildren between the ages of five and 10.

Police said Lanza used a Bushmaster semiautomatic assault-style rifle to kill the children before using a handgun to take his own life. Officials said the guns were likely legally purchased by Nancy.

Officials told ABC News that computers removed from Lanza's family home over the weekend provide important clues into Lanza's twisted thinking."

There were hundreds of rounds still in the gun. So it looks like we were lucky, so to speak. The killer was not able to continue to exercise his 2nd Amendment rights.
polabo

Houston, TX

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Somewhere in America a gun dealer is mourning the loss of a lucrative customer who was killed by her own guns.
"On Friday morning, Lanza shot Nancy in the face at the home they shared in Newtown, and then drove her car to Sandy Hook Elementary School. Dressed in black combat gear, the 20-year-old broke a window at the school, which had recently had a new security system installed, and within minutes had shot and killed six adults and 20 schoolchildren between the ages of five and 10.
Police said Lanza used a Bushmaster semiautomatic assault-style rifle to kill the children before using a handgun to take his own life. Officials said the guns were likely legally purchased by Nancy.
Officials told ABC News that computers removed from Lanza's family home over the weekend provide important clues into Lanza's twisted thinking."
There were hundreds of rounds still in the gun. So it looks like we were lucky, so to speak. The killer was not able to continue to exercise his 2nd Amendment rights.
He and all americans have a right to bear arms,the idiot like urself broke the law by killing inoccent people--that has nothing to do with the second amendment-cars kill 50,000 people in america each yr. so in ur logic lets get rid of cars,airplanes kill so lets stop flying--lets go back to the stone age and start over i am quite sure we end up in the same place--I will only agree for u or others that own guns to give theirs up by choice not by force,u have that right and choice-I am against killing unborn babies but there is actually a law against that,were's their choice--now suck old buck and start another un-civil war--
disgusted

Warrenville, IL

#7 Dec 17, 2012
polabo wrote:
<quoted text>He and all americans have a right to bear arms,the idiot like urself broke the law by killing inoccent people--that has nothing to do with the second amendment-cars kill 50,000 people in america each yr. so in ur logic lets get rid of cars,airplanes kill so lets stop flying--lets go back to the stone age and start over i am quite sure we end up in the same place--I will only agree for u or others that own guns to give theirs up by choice not by force,u have that right and choice-I am against killing unborn babies but there is actually a law against that,were's their choice--now suck old buck and start another un-civil war--
they weren't just guns...some were weapons of war. yes, cars kill people, but we don't see tanks being allowed to be driven on the streets of america. wake up people. i would never trample on the constitution, but maybe the 2nd amendment needs amending!
polabo

Houston, TX

#8 Dec 17, 2012
disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
they weren't just guns...some were weapons of war. yes, cars kill people, but we don't see tanks being allowed to be driven on the streets of america. wake up people. i would never trample on the constitution, but maybe the 2nd amendment needs amending!
every weapon is a weapon of war,it started with sticks and stones,how stupid can u be--and the tank part will happen if they try and take our 2nd amendment down, again whats needed is all the lib blue states to give up their guns and prove the red states wrong--enough said, like the alamo u have the choice to cross the line and run--
disgusted

Warrenville, IL

#9 Dec 17, 2012
it's militia mentality like this that get people like shooters and domestic terrorists going. how uncivilized can you be...can't you discuss something without resorting to namecalling?
Gluteus Maximus

Bethpage, NY

#10 Dec 17, 2012
disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
The amendment is fine. What is broken is that high capacity military style weaponry is finding its way into the general public. People can't own and operate bazookas, predator drones, F-18's, tanks, howitzers, tomahawk missiles and weaponized lasers so why is OK for them to own military firearms?
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#11 Dec 17, 2012
polabo wrote:
<quoted text>He and all americans have a right to bear arms,the idiot like urself broke the law by killing inoccent people--that has nothing to do with the second amendment-cars kill 50,000 people in america each yr. so in ur logic lets get rid of cars,airplanes kill so lets stop flying--lets go back to the stone age and start over i am quite sure we end up in the same place--I will only agree for u or others that own guns to give theirs up by choice not by force,u have that right and choice-I am against killing unborn babies but there is actually a law against that,were's their choice--now suck old buck and start another un-civil war--
Um, no, he was too mentally ill to get the guns for himself. So he got them from his mother who got them legally. Then he killed her. Good luck to you with your guns.
polabo

Houston, TX

#12 Dec 17, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, no, he was too mentally ill to get the guns for himself. So he got them from his mother who got them legally. Then he killed her. Good luck to you with your guns.
yep,kind of sick to try and take one's gun by using a gun--liberal b.s.
polabo

Houston, TX

#13 Dec 17, 2012
Gluteus Maximus wrote:
<quoted text>
The amendment is fine. What is broken is that high capacity military style weaponry is finding its way into the general public. People can't own and operate bazookas, predator drones, F-18's, tanks, howitzers, tomahawk missiles and weaponized lasers so why is OK for them to own military firearms?
a shotgun with buckshot would kill 10 times more than an a so called semi-automatic assault rifle,especially in a school situation--
Wanda

South Saint Paul, MN

#14 Dec 17, 2012
He must have forgot to take it off Full-auto.
White Power 92714

San Jose, CA

#15 Dec 20, 2012
Kill the Mexican scumbags!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect in shooting rampage had been deported t... (Oct '14) Oct '14 swizzler 1
News Couple hurt in Kansas City rampage succumb to i... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Black Pansters 3
News Three fatal stabbing victims in Santa Barbara r... (May '14) Jun '14 N8 the Grrr8 39
News Vegas rampage victims honored, eulogized as heroes (Jun '14) Jun '14 Yep2 32
News Santa Barbara Rampage Victim's Family Hopes He ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 drive by media 1
News Paul Ciancia, LAX shooting suspect, charged wit... (Nov '13) Nov '13 national whistleb... 2
News Who is behind the Washington Navy Yard rampage? (Sep '13) Oct '13 chomikuj 16
More from around the web