Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.

Dec 14, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 1,567

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left the gunman dead and at least one teacher wounded and sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

Full Story

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#150 Dec 14, 2012
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>
It's these type of sickos the NRA protects under the guise of our citizens right to bear arms.
Actually about three quarters of NRA members favor background checks. However, the NRA leadership are a bunch of extremist nutcases.

Location hidden

#151 Dec 14, 2012
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually parts of the country do have stringent gun control. They generally have higher crime rates. In fact, you should check out Dr Lott's work too.
False.

Location hidden

#152 Dec 14, 2012
Where was CT police wrote:
<quoted text>there are plenty of killings around the world t's just that our liberal media choses what killings are to be reported .
Example - up to date 1.5 million of Iraqis died from American bullets .. No one says a thing nor care
Paranoia is often treatable. Look into it. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#153 Dec 14, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Actually about three quarters of NRA members favor background checks. However, the NRA leadership are a bunch of extremist nutcases.
and those 3\4 of the NRA..... are what?
..... sheep
explain

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#154 Dec 14, 2012
i can recall roughly 8 times in my life where every story that involved a weapon was due to the irresponsibility of the registered owner.now these are personal stories from about age 15 to my current age 28. i am strongly for the right to have weapons, but cant we keep them locked up and start to believe in our rights to protect ourselves.. rather than blaming the manufacture and sale of the guns.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#155 Dec 14, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Actually about three quarters of NRA members favor background checks. However, the NRA leadership are a bunch of extremist nutcases.

We already have background checks in the vast majority of gun purchases and since the shooter apparently didn't own the weapons he used, a background check would not have prevented the tragedy any more than the designated gun free school zone prevented the tragedy.
explain

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#156 Dec 14, 2012
now if this man can acquire weapons with clean back round check, than i guess this is the price we have to pay for having rights.. plain and simple..
voluntarist

United States

#157 Dec 14, 2012
Rogier wrote:
<quoted text>
In my country we do have gun control, I am happy to say. Your are right that these people have issues, but that does not mean they will go to any length to get arms. Easy access to guns is just as important.
In my country people shooting each other are mostly criminals shooting each other, and is mostly drugs related. The only instance of someone shooting at the mall and killing people was because the youngsters father was a gun freak and he was raised with weapons.
Do guns make people safe? That is very debatable. It turns out that 80% of the people are shot with their own gun in the US. So generally possession of guns do not make you safer.
Guns are part of US culture, but I thinks of these incidents go on and on people may start to realize they longer live in the Wild Wild West and that in organized society in which we have justice system and police and all that guns are more a relic of the past.
But sadly it will take many more death for people to accept that, especially as the arms lobby has such a powerful machine.
Guns do not make you safe. Guns only lead to an arms race in which criminals will arm themselves better and shoot more quickly. Both sides become more frightened of each other and more fear simply leads to more aggression. Scientific studies simply tell guns to make ordinary citizens safe. The only one that profits from it is the arms industry that sells to both sides.
It is a pity that in the US these things have become so politicized that a healthy on non emotional grounds is no long possible.
Cities that have gun bans have extremely high crime rates
explain

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#158 Dec 14, 2012
why in the world would anyone think that criminals wouldnt be able to get their hands on weapons if there was a wepons ban,..
voluntarist

United States

#159 Dec 14, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>In my case, I laugh to keep from crying. 27 victims, most of them little kids, and the gun nuts are still distorting the second amendment and begging for even more firearms. I'm sure the dead children won't mind if the gun loons have a merry Christmas.
What is this distortion you are referring to?

“<3”

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#160 Dec 14, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>How original!
Guns make it easier.
I'm not going to argue with you. What happened there was incomprehensible. Be well.
explain

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#161 Dec 14, 2012
man i cant begin to think of what these parents are going through... this a point where you get stronger spiritually or completely lose all faith and sense of believing in good prevailing over evil .. what a horrible day.
Where was CT police

Chicago, IL

#162 Dec 14, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Paranoia is often treatable. Look into it. Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones.
WIKI :Casualties of the Iraq War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_th...
Where was CT police

Chicago, IL

#163 Dec 14, 2012
explain wrote:
now if this man can acquire weapons with clean back round check, than i guess this is the price we have to pay for having rights.. plain and simple..
anyone can snap . Even those witout criminal record .What we should do is teach kids how to handle gun so they can protect themselves

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#164 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>anyone can snap . Even those witout criminal record .What we should do is teach kids how to handle gun so they can protect themselves
These mass killings, have nothing to do with them not knowing how to handle their weapons, and anything the other concept direstion would actually involve more people, having to be armed....
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#165 Dec 14, 2012
explain wrote:
I don't believe he could pass a background check in Ct for handguns because you probably have to be 21 years of age to legally purchase them.

To carry concealed in Ct you must have a license and be at least 21 years of age.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#166 Dec 14, 2012
<quoted text>anyone can snap . Even those witout criminal record .What we should do is teach kids how to handle gun so they can protect themselves
Funny twice

Do you mean armed third graders is the answer

You come from Chicago like Buffalo or any other big cities where kids in school with guns is a major problem
norie

Phoenix, AZ

#167 Dec 14, 2012
sorry bastard deal with your problems those babies were innocent i wish he killed himself instead of the children,may he rest in piss forever
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#168 Dec 14, 2012
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012...

"Man with knife injures 22 kids at school in China"

Anyone see a difference?
Where was CT police

Chicago, IL

#170 Dec 14, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny twice
Do you mean armed third graders is the answer
You come from Chicago like Buffalo or any other big cities where kids in school with guns is a major problem
I"m from North East and happen to know the Nutmeg State intimately but that's not important here .

If one of the third graders had a weapon this terrible tragedy would be prevented all together .

CT Police is also to blame .They responded very sluggishly . Whatever happened to "Protect and Serve ??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Couple hurt in Kansas City rampage succumb to i... Sep '14 Black Pansters 3
Three fatal stabbing victims in Santa Barbara r... Jun '14 N8 the Grrr8 39
Vegas rampage victims honored, eulogized as heroes Jun '14 Yep2 32
Santa Barbara Rampage Victim's Family Hopes He ... Jun '14 drive by media 1
Paul Ciancia, LAX shooting suspect, charged wit... (Nov '13) Nov '13 national whistleb... 2
Who is behind the Washington Navy Yard rampage? (Sep '13) Oct '13 chomikuj 16
Venice boardwalk rampage: Suspect Nathan Louis ... (Aug '13) Sep '13 Harland Minch 2

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE