Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in ele...

Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.

There are 1567 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left the gunman dead and at least one teacher wounded and sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#128 Dec 14, 2012
karen229 wrote:
im sick of this. you people want to make sick jokes like gunman of the year etc. children are dead. show some kind of respect for the famlies.
I agree. This is a sad day in all of our lives..
stormy

Bridgeport, WV

#130 Dec 14, 2012
Just look into yourselves and the trash that
comes from you in a terrible time like this!
And you have the nerve to ask why? This fellow was just 20yrs. old. What has he learned from
the bullying, the trash talk about others, the
blames and the way one group feels about another.
Good way to teach the kids how to act and be responsible for their actions, Oh, Yes. Life
is learned from what kids see and hear, when
civility is gone and respect for for life is gone,
what do they think about? You let them know there
is no conquences for what they do, and if they
shoot themselves thats it, all is over. Oh we
have given them a reason to respect others, you
show it everyday. Look what you have done
to the Bush family while doteing on Obama. Oh these
children remember wwhen they became adults. A
life means nothing, NOTHING. And this means,
20 children will never see their future. In
this country, nothing or nobody means nothing.
Kick and trash everyone, with not a blink, and the
kids do the same thing. imitating idiots will
lead to tragedy, and of course its not anyone fault, if it was then you would have to feel a
bit guilt
venting

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#131 Dec 14, 2012
The worse kind of tragedy involving a gun took place today,,The murder of children. However even if these guns weren't accessible i still believe the madman would have devised a plan to cause mass murder.
venting

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#133 Dec 14, 2012
thinkaboutit wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but guns are much more effective at killing than clubs, knives etc. Of course they are not as effective as other weapons, like explosives, poison gas etc. Try to go out and buy come dynamite, or serin etc. Should you have the right to keep and bear those weapons?
Oh, yes look up you state's laws on carring knives. I can't legally carry my fixed blade hunting knife expept on my property or a hunting lease.
Life and Law ain't simple, or reasonable for that matter.
excellent point.
venting

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#134 Dec 14, 2012
the m-4 semi automatic weapon i imagine caused a significant amount of carnage
venting

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#135 Dec 14, 2012
did i hear correctly that the guns were registered to his mother?
Rogier

Hedel, Netherlands

#136 Dec 14, 2012
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Look for Dr John Lott's books and read them. They have evidence that shows you are wrong.
We have a Constitution that prevents the infringement of our right to keep and bear arms (theoretically). To pass gun control laws we would first need to amend our Constitution.
Social studies are always conflicting. You can not put people in laboratory in a controlled environment. Other factors play there part too. So you will always find conflicting outcomes. But if you compare many countries over a long period, you will find that guns and violence go together.

But guns are also a the symptom. The real problem is that the US is a society with a very violent past and violence itself is deeply rooted in American society. It is not a coincidence that guns are part of the constitution. That was simply a reflection of the society.

As long as so many people are brought up with violence in the home they will use violence and defend violence as good thing. For those people it is normal. Just like people being beating as child think it is good to beat their children too.

This gun issue will be around for a very long time.
Hibernian

Middletown, CT

#137 Dec 14, 2012
There will be a 2013 wrote:
<quoted text> Guns can be regulated better than drugs. Drugs don't kill 18 kids in the same school in a matter of minutes either. This is too gross to even think about. And you are already running your mouth with the same tired rhetoric about guns. "Spoons don't make you fat." "He could've done it with a gallon of gas." "Criminals don't buy guns legally." All of it is BS. No one wants to hear it today. SERIOUSLY!
Yawn...

So, what's your solution?
Hibernian

Middletown, CT

#138 Dec 14, 2012
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>
It's these type of sickos the NRA protects under the guise of our citizens right to bear arms.
Proof?
just another guy

Denver, CO

#139 Dec 14, 2012
mike wrote:
When will this country wake up to the reality of the need for stringent gun control laws!
Actually parts of the country do have stringent gun control. They generally have higher crime rates. In fact, you should check out Dr Lott's work too.
NOTthechildren

Pottstown, PA

#140 Dec 14, 2012
venting wrote:
The worse kind of tragedy involving a gun took place today,,The murder of children. However even if these guns weren't accessible i still believe the madman would have devised a plan to cause mass murder.
He took the time to drive from one crime scene to another if the reports are correct killing his mom at home then going to the school for his mass murder and child abuse. Some reports said he took the time to put on swat gear/uniform as well. Too many little steps just to be spontaneous. This guy had motivation/rage and yet couldn't kill himself at home making it a murder-suicide. Cowardly frack.
thinkaboutit

Menard, TX

#141 Dec 14, 2012
venting wrote:
the m-4 semi automatic weapon i imagine caused a significant amount of carnage
imagination does not constitute fact. Did he use a rifle in the school, or just pistols. Misinformation is rampant in the first few hours of "Breaking News". Not that it matters; whatever he used was sufficient to exact a terrible toll in life and suffering.
To me the most shocking thing about this incident is that there are other similiar incidents happening with a frightening frequency.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#142 Dec 14, 2012
Ninthman wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. This is a sad day in all of our lives..
We can agree on this....and as a gun owner, i think we even have to take a look at these laws again....or something....
Where was CT police

Chicago, IL

#143 Dec 14, 2012
the guy was a muslim
Where was CT police

Chicago, IL

#144 Dec 14, 2012
thinkaboutit wrote:
<quoted text>
imagination does not constitute fact. Did he use a rifle in the school, or just pistols. Misinformation is rampant in the first few hours of "Breaking News". Not that it matters; whatever he used was sufficient to exact a terrible toll in life and suffering.
To me the most shocking thing about this incident is that there are other similiar incidents happening with a frightening frequency.
there are plenty of killings around the world t's just that our liberal media choses what killings are to be reported .

Example - up to date 1.5 million of Iraqis died from American bullets .. No one says a thing nor care
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#145 Dec 14, 2012
thinkaboutit wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but guns are much more effective at killing than clubs, knives etc. Of course they are not as effective as other weapons, like explosives, poison gas etc. Try to go out and buy come dynamite, or serin etc. Should you have the right to keep and bear those weapons?
Oh, yes look up you state's laws on carring knives. I can't legally carry my fixed blade hunting knife expept on my property or a hunting lease.
Life and Law ain't simple, or reasonable for that matter.

I can legally carry a hunting knife concealed. Florida's ccw law allows licensees to also carry stun guns, knives, and billy clubs in a concealed fashion.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#146 Dec 14, 2012
thinkaboutit wrote:
<quoted text>

Dec 14,2012

22 children, 1 adult injured in knife attack outside central China primary school.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#147 Dec 14, 2012
Alice wrote:
<quoted text>
It's these type of sickos the NRA protects under the guise of our citizens right to bear arms.

Hollywood promotes much more gun violence than the NRA ever did.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#148 Dec 14, 2012
Gary wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh..
"Lack of prayer in public schools to blame for Conn. shootings"
Brian Fischer
American Family Radio

Because of the proven effectiveness of gun free zones, the left says we should pass more laws.

"As the Left breaks down the self-discipline of Judeo-Christian religions, more and more laws are needed simply to keep people from devouring each other."
Dennis Prager

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#149 Dec 14, 2012
karen229 wrote:
im sick of this. you people want to make sick jokes like gunman of the year etc. children are dead. show some kind of respect for the famlies.
In my case, I laugh to keep from crying. 27 victims, most of them little kids, and the gun nuts are still distorting the second amendment and begging for even more firearms. I'm sure the dead children won't mind if the gun loons have a merry Christmas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA cops fatally shoot man near CNN Hollywood af... Feb '17 Pessimistic1 7
News Suspect in shooting rampage had been deported t... (Oct '14) Oct '14 swizzler 1
More from around the web