Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in ele...

Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.

There are 1567 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left the gunman dead and at least one teacher wounded and sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#682 Dec 19, 2012
Quackenfuss P Gunnutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Which will accomplish nothing.
Maybe you'll be in the mall where a psycho shows up with 3-4 Glock 17's and several magazines. That's one nasty piece of polymer!
No doubt.

One guy killed over 30 people with a couple of pistols at Virginia Tech. One of them was a .22 caliber.

One guy killed 13 people at Ft. Hood with a pistol.

I'm pretty sure the majority of deaths at Columbine were from shotgun and pistol wounds.

[Those two lunatics had also built LOTS of bombs. Fortunately they were not that good at it. The plan was to blow the hell up out of the school while they shot people running outside. The propane-based explosives placed in the cafeteria would have killed HUNDREDS of people had they worked according to the cops.]

Even with a so called "high capacity magazine" ban it's the difference of getting a weapon that holds 10 rounds instead of 15 and purchasing multiple magazines. One of the Virginia Tech guns was outside of both the "assault weapons ban" and "high capacity magazine" bans. I guess he could have bought two.

It must be the effect on the mind from being an anti that keeps these nuts from thinking things through, unlike those who really do think things through like the next Breivik and those who KNOW there will be a "next" Breivik regardless of how hysterical and ban happy people get.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#684 Dec 19, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>You aren't the brightest bulb in the box, no one cares what you understand.

Look for the assault weapons ban re instituted with this kind of NRA toy to be at the top of the list.

And clips limited to reasonable size, i.e., ten rounds.

And background checks to be extended to private sales to cover the 40 percent that are sold without background checks today.
will it be a fake ban like the last one?
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#685 Dec 19, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>A white Republican.

So what?

Thing is, spoogebreath- filling up a truck full of fertilizer and blowing it up is illegal and if you recall: Timothy McVeigh- the Republican- was put to death for it.

The next agenda item- after the fiscal cliff- will be legislation banning assault weapons and these larger clipss.

Consider it a Christmas present from Americans who are tired of your tiny-dick toys. We are FED UP.
will it be a fake ban like the last time?
obamaisafake

Carmel, IN

#686 Dec 19, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Philipp Bouhler (11 September 1899 – 19 May 1945) was a senior Nazi Party official who was both a Reichsleiter (English: National Leader) and Chief of the Chancellery of the Führer of the NSDAP. He was also an SS-Obergruppenführer in the Allgemeine SS who was responsible for the Nazi Aktion T4 euthanasia program that killed more than 70,000 handicapped adults and children in Nazi Germany. He supervised the development and implementation of the Nazis' early euthanasia program, Aktion T4 in which mentally ill and physically handicapped people were murdered. Various methods of killing were tried out. The first killing facility was Schloss Hartheim in Upper Austria. The knowledge gained from the euthanasia program was later applied to the industrialized annihilation of other groups of people, such as Jewish people.
oscumma is his cousin which is why he is pushing so hard to make government larger and more powerful. Government healthcare will round up the retarded and provide them with experimental drugs that will lead to suicide to cull the herd.
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#687 Dec 19, 2012
yup wrote:
<quoted text>Here are some more FBI stats;

Mass killings occur in the U.S. once every two weeks (FBI defines “mass” as 4 or more killed)

FBI records from 2006 through 2010 show that all told the attacks killed 774 people, including at least 161 young children.

Granted – there are many other causes of preventable deaths as you listed – car wrecks – tobacco use – alcohol abuse etc ..., but even many hunters agree that nobody really needs military style semi-auto rifles with large capacity magazines and armor piercing rounds.

The deer don’t wear armor – and if you need that many rounds spitting out that fast – you don’t belong out there hunting anyway.

As for baseball bats being killers - if you bring nothing but a baseball bat to a gunfight - you lose.
the second Amendment don't protect hunters. It protects gun owners.

Armour piercing? Just about every hunting rifle's round will pierce armour. ALL deer hunting cartridges will defeat the armour worn by the police. And they will do so easily. Like a hot knife thru butter. So the armour piercing bullet is a total bunch of bull made up by lefties to scare people like you.
obamaisafake

Carmel, IN

#688 Dec 19, 2012
Village Mystery wrote:
Which will it be? The 1st Amd or the 2nd Amd?
Th...
Gingrich blamed "liberals" for Columbine now Limbaugh complains about the left "blaming conservatives". The leftists today blame anyone for anything that does not promote the omnipotence of the State so of course they are blaming those who support the 2nd Amd which they instinctively understand to be fundamentally hostile to an all-powerful State.
There are some movies that I really like that are violent. I have a couple of pistols and an SKS.
What does that have to do with the massacre in Connecticut? People need to stop trying to reduce this society down to the lowest common denominator!
Because someone with mental problems can't handle video games or the responsibility of a firearm - or liberty in general - I SHOULD SACRIFICE UNTIL I AM AT THEIR LEVEL OF CHOICES IN LIFE?
Those filmmakers should be being defended - so should the NRA. It's OUR FIRST TWO AMENDMENTS IN THE BILL OF RIGHTS for chrissakes.
I'm not saying whether films are or are not desensitizing young people. If they are then deal with it in society - in the "private sector". Use our freedoms to change society and stop going after the BOR to attack "opponents" with. It's disgusting and unAmerican.
People have to sacrifice all the time so someone else can have it better. Look at all those who think the rich should pay more money just because they are rich. Is it fair? No. Why do minorities receive special deals just because they are minorities? Is it fair? No. Why should large corporations get bailed out by the taxpayers and the small business owner doesn't? Is it fair? No. Why does the liberal media get away with campaigning and working with the democrat party? Is it fair? No. Why does everyone have to give money for the schools when they would never send their kids to them? Is it fair? No. If something causes an adverse reaction to the health and safety of the public, the item is usually pulled. If there is enough money in it for the liberal elite, they may get a pass. For example, tobacco products and violent media are exempt. So in this case, If you are not affected by violent material, then it should be ok for you. On the other hand, some visual content IS banned so there are inconsistencies. Either way, society will have to accept the consequences.

Our society is very much against nurturing children due to the selfish nature of the majority of adults. Most adults know exposing graphic images to children is unhealthy but it's not important enough to control. Hollywood has addicted adults and children to violence and sex so there is no turning back. Glorifying drugs will keep many physically addicted to all kinds of chemicals as well. Children will unfortunately be collateral damage and it will follow them into adulthood. As the generations progress, there will be little concern over exposure to sex and violence. It's already begun. In fact, I predict at some time pedophilia will no longer be illegal. I'll give it 30-40 years. Beastiality will also no longer be illegal and there will be adult zoos for this purpose. Homosexuality started off in illegal materials and eventually made it's way into Hollywood. It's only a matter of time. Hollywood has been tweeking Disney starlets. In a few years, they will get younger and younger.

Mental illness is growing because society is getting more and more decadent. Children today are exposed to more violence, sex, crude/rude, drugs, etc. than previous generations. As a result, violence is increasing and people are less and less connected to each other. We are a desensitized people and getting more so day by day.

Parents who want to maintain a childhood for their children will have a very difficult time because they are not important enough. This society is all about 'me'. This recent election is proof. The takers outnumber the producers.
obamaisafake

Carmel, IN

#689 Dec 19, 2012
Village Mystery wrote:
Which will it be? The 1st Amd or the 2nd Amd?
That Mike Savage guy is blaming the massacre on Tarantino and violent movies. I believe he said that even the distributors should be hanged (I assume he meant figuratively).
Gingrich blamed "liberals" for Columbine now Limbaugh complains about the left "blaming conservatives". The leftists today blame anyone for anything that does not promote the omnipotence of the State so of course they are blaming those who support the 2nd Amd which they instinctively understand to be fundamentally hostile to an all-powerful State.
There are some movies that I really like that are violent. I have a couple of pistols and an SKS.
What does that have to do with the massacre in Connecticut? People need to stop trying to reduce this society down to the lowest common denominator!
Because someone with mental problems can't handle video games or the responsibility of a firearm - or liberty in general - I SHOULD SACRIFICE UNTIL I AM AT THEIR LEVEL OF CHOICES IN LIFE?
Those filmmakers should be being defended - so should the NRA. It's OUR FIRST TWO AMENDMENTS I...
People have to sacrifice all the time so someone else can have it better. Look at all those who think the rich should pay more money just because they are rich. Is it fair? No. Why do minorities receive special deals just because they are minorities? Is it fair? No. Why should large corporations get bailed out by the taxpayers and the small business owner doesn't? Is it fair? No. Why does the liberal media get away with campaigning and working with the democrat party? Is it fair? No. Why does everyone have to give money for the schools when they would never send their kids to them? Is it fair? No. If something causes an adverse reaction to the health and safety of the public, the item is usually pulled. If there is enough money in it for the liberal elite, they may get a pass. For example, tobacco products and violent media are exempt. So in this case, If you are not affected by violent material, then it should be ok for you. On the other hand, some visual content IS banned so there are inconsistencies. Either way, society will have to accept the consequences.

Our society is very much against nurturing children due to the selfish nature of the majority of adults. Most adults know exposing graphic images to children is unhealthy but it's not important enough to control. Hollywood has addicted adults and children to violence and sex so there is no turning back. Glorifying drugs will keep many physically addicted to all kinds of chemicals as well. Children will unfortunately be collateral damage and it will follow them into adulthood. As the generations progress, there will be little concern over exposure to sex and violence. It's already begun. In fact, I predict at some time pedophilia will no longer be illegal. I'll give it 30-40 years. Beastiality will also no longer be illegal and there will be adult zoos for this purpose. Homosexuality started off in illegal materials and eventually made it's way into Hollywood. It's only a matter of time. Hollywood has been tweeking Disney starlets. In a few years, they will get younger and younger.

Mental illness is growing because society is getting more and more decadent. Children today are exposed to more violence, sex, crude/rude, drugs, etc. than previous generations. As a result, violence is increasing and people are less and less connected to each other. We are a desensitized people and getting more so day by day.

Parents who want to maintain a childhood for their children will have a very difficult time because they are not important enough. This society is all about 'me'. This recent election is proof. The takers outnumber the producers.
obamaisafake

Carmel, IN

#690 Dec 19, 2012

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#691 Dec 19, 2012
Time magazine praise's President Obama as it's "Man of the Year".....good choice....First democrat to win two terms, with over 50 percent of the vote, since FDR....
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#692 Dec 19, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Time magazine praise's President Obama as it's "Man of the Year".....good choice....First democrat to win two terms, with over 50 percent of the vote, since FDR....
I thought that you had to be a man to be man of the year. Go figure
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#693 Dec 19, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
he sure didn't look like a man standing next to Romeny. He looked like a very small little boy that was getting chastised
just another guy

Littleton, CO

#694 Dec 19, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Let's not forget, the first pres to ask for the debt limit to be removed.

Location hidden

#695 Dec 19, 2012
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget, the first pres to ask for the debt limit to be removed.
I believe George W, asked and got the debt limit raised four times....depends on whose asking, eh?
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#696 Dec 19, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I believe George W, asked and got the debt limit raised four times....depends on whose asking, eh?
he didn't ask that it be removed.

I also remember that obammy said it was irresponsible to raise the debt ceiling and voted against it. Unpatriotic is what he called it. Congress should not raise the debt ceiling unless there are massive spending cuts involved. If not then let it stay where it is and the gov pay as it goes.
just another guy

Littleton, CO

#698 Dec 19, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
I also remember that obammy said it was irresponsible to raise the debt ceiling and voted against it. Unpatriotic is what he called it. Congress should not raise the debt ceiling unless there are massive spending cuts involved. If not then let it stay where it is and the gov pay as it goes.
It is always Bush's fault with these twits. Pretty dishonest to try to make a raise equal to no limit.

Location hidden

#699 Dec 19, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
Next time, win the f*cking election....then it will be your call.....
McGruff

Elizabethtown, KY

#700 Dec 19, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Next time, win the f*cking election....then it will be your call.....
it is now. Republicans won the House. The president isn't dictator. And I notice you just skipped right over what obammy said when he was senator and the fact that he voted against raising the debt ceiling.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#704 Dec 19, 2012
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are some more FBI stats;
Mass killings occur in the U.S. once every two weeks (FBI defines “mass” as 4 or more killed)
FBI records from 2006 through 2010 show that all told the attacks killed 774 people, including at least 161 young children.
Granted – there are many other causes of preventable deaths as you listed – car wrecks – tobacco use – alcohol abuse etc ..., but even many hunters agree that nobody really needs military style semi-auto rifles with large capacity magazines and armor piercing rounds.
The deer don’t wear armor – and if you need that many rounds spitting out that fast – you don’t belong out there hunting anyway.
As for baseball bats being killers - if you bring nothing but a baseball bat to a gunfight - you lose.
All this talk about passing legislation and violating rights based on what "people need" or "don't need" is not argument and it is not relevant to anything that matters.

Do you know when it happened that you became a person that sits around listing things that other people should have or not have and what activities they should and should not be engaged in? Could you please think back to that point and share why something so sick and delusional as that might happen to a person?
just another guy

Littleton, CO

#705 Dec 19, 2012
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have all the muskets and musket balls you like. That's what they were talking about when the 2nd amendment was written. They made no mention of auto or semi-auto weapons with large clips.
I see what you are thinking. Let's use that logic on some other rights. At the time of the founding we had only newspapers. The right to free speech doesn't extend to radio television or the internet. Cars did not exist so no right to own or operate a car. No movies so you have no right to make a movie.

Think that is a sound argument for you to make?
just another guy

Littleton, CO

#706 Dec 19, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Next time, win the f*cking election....then it will be your call.....
obama told us he was president of all the people. Running up a massive debt for our grandchildren would mean he is not their president.

No matter what happens in an election, those elected have a set of rules they must operate under. I am sure they do not include fuck you, you lost the election.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA cops fatally shoot man near CNN Hollywood af... Feb '17 Pessimistic1 7
News Suspect in shooting rampage had been deported t... (Oct '14) Oct '14 swizzler 1
More from around the web