Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in ele...

Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.

There are 1567 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left the gunman dead and at least one teacher wounded and sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

just another guy

Saint Louis, MO

#660 Dec 18, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Feinstein is but one tyrannical voice.
Fixed that for you.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#661 Dec 18, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Feinstein is but one voice.

Thank God.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#662 Dec 18, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't get the illegal ones off of the street.
Cocaine and Heroine are banned. How's that working out for you?

Heck some people have been known to sell their shoes and go barefooted just to get a fix.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#664 Dec 18, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure your ability to read is hindered with your mustache being tangled with your boyfriend's pubic hairs.
Gun legislation coming- federal in January and to the state houses near you.
Don't talk with your mouth full you might forget who you are servicing.

I think they should ban fully automatic tax hikes .
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#665 Dec 18, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet: assault weapons illegal.
See you in January.

Grandfathered .You can't be stupid enough to believe the government will require the legal owners of 20 to 30 million assault style weapons to turn them in.
Wait, I take that back,of course you are stupid enough to believe that.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#666 Dec 18, 2012
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> It is against the law for a 20 year old non student to come on a campus and cause trouble. At the very least he could have been charged with disturbing the peace. It most Likely that he made threats. If he did make threats you could add terroristic threatining. the folks who he was arguing with could and should have got the police involved. they should have made shure that charges where pressed and a restraining order placed upon the sicko. If that legal action had occured he would have been sent to a facility for mental evaluation and maby locked up in the looney bin. why didnt those in charge get the police involved? Maybe it was nepotism because his mother was a former teacher? those in charge should have been hard nosed. Instead they dropped the ball and didnt do their job & duty.
Should've, could've, would've. If the police went around locking up eveyone that has an argument, half the people in this country would be in jail. As for terrorist threats, what do you base that assumption on? Your own sense of self importance? Perhaps a government that was less oppressive, and tyrannical might lessen the tensions that cause such occurances.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#668 Dec 18, 2012
obamaisafake wrote:
<quoted text> Wow, libs are the whiniest babies. Why don't you take responsiblity instead of blaming everyone else for these criminals running loose?
1. When you take God out of society, you leave no hope and eliminate the 'rules' people would once follow. There is no guilt or concern about repercussions from actions committed in this life.
2. When you mainstream the mentally ill with normal society, there will be backlash. Look at them the wrong way and there goes another mass shooting.
3. Overuse of drugs and medication has created an addicted society to artificial means in order to cope with life.
4. Media glorification of violence, drugs and sex exposes the youngest members and numbs them.
5. Integration of the ghetto mentality into all social groups has poisoned the youth. Impressionable kids will act out things they never would have if not exposed.
6. Mainstreaming the mentally ill because the media convinced society they had the right to be 'free'. Free to murder, rape, torture and maime. It's not the guns, it's the crazies.
Philipp Bouhler (11 September 1899 – 19 May 1945) was a senior Nazi Party official who was both a Reichsleiter (English: National Leader) and Chief of the Chancellery of the Führer of the NSDAP. He was also an SS-Obergruppenführer in the Allgemeine SS who was responsible for the Nazi Aktion T4 euthanasia program that killed more than 70,000 handicapped adults and children in Nazi Germany. He supervised the development and implementation of the Nazis' early euthanasia program, Aktion T4 in which mentally ill and physically handicapped people were murdered. Various methods of killing were tried out. The first killing facility was Schloss Hartheim in Upper Austria. The knowledge gained from the euthanasia program was later applied to the industrialized annihilation of other groups of people, such as Jewish people.
Cat74

United States

#669 Dec 18, 2012
It isn't just the mentally ill committing senseless murder. Check how many Americans are murdered by the illegal aliens we let into this country every day.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#670 Dec 18, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it since Feinstein's proposed ban has, just like the last Assault Weapon ban, a grandfather clause for those weapons and high capacity magazines already legally purchased. Think of it as a feel good law passed to instill another false sense of security like gun free zones.
Not to mention he brought pistols as well.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#671 Dec 18, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Should've, could've, would've. If the police went around locking up eveyone that has an argument, half the people in this country would be in jail. As for terrorist threats, what do you base that assumption on? Your own sense of self importance? Perhaps a government that was less oppressive, and tyrannical might lessen the tensions that cause such occurances.
terrorist threatining is a law that has nothing to do with the federal war on terrorist. If a person threatens to do something to harm another person or property. They can be charged with terrorist threatining. He was certianly disturbing the peace & tresspassing. Read the link I posted to the Fox News story. He was angry because he felt his mother liked those children better than him. 9she had volenteered at the school and had worked with the children who where killed) He was upset because the school officials where helping his mother petition the court so he could be locked up, he killed the school phycatrist and other school officials that he had argued with the previous day because they where colluding with his mother on her court petition. had the school officals called the cops and filed charges .Then his mother could of made the prosecuetor aware of his mental condition. I can assure you that would of insured that he would have been sent for mental evaluation.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#672 Dec 18, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
It isn't just the mentally ill committing senseless murder. Check how many Americans are murdered by the illegal aliens we let into this country every day.
It is the blacks, and their gangster mentality that is responsible for most of the violents crimes. We should should lock up all the blacks if we want a safer america.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#673 Dec 18, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> terrorist threatining is a law that has nothing to do with the federal war on terrorist. If a person threatens to do something to harm another person or property. They can be charged with terrorist threatining. He was certianly disturbing the peace & tresspassing. Read the link I posted to the Fox News story. He was angry because he felt his mother liked those children better than him. 9she had volenteered at the school and had worked with the children who where killed) He was upset because the school officials where helping his mother petition the court so he could be locked up, he killed the school phycatrist and other school officials that he had argued with the previous day because they where colluding with his mother on her court petition. had the school officals called the cops and filed charges .Then his mother could of made the prosecuetor aware of his mental condition. I can assure you that would of insured that he would have been sent for mental evaluation.
What did she threaten to do?
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#674 Dec 18, 2012
Which will it be? The 1st Amd or the 2nd Amd?

That Mike Savage guy is blaming the massacre on Tarantino and violent movies. I believe he said that even the distributors should be hanged (I assume he meant figuratively).

Gingrich blamed "liberals" for Columbine now Limbaugh complains about the left "blaming conservatives". The leftists today blame anyone for anything that does not promote the omnipotence of the State so of course they are blaming those who support the 2nd Amd which they instinctively understand to be fundamentally hostile to an all-powerful State.

There are some movies that I really like that are violent. I have a couple of pistols and an SKS.

What does that have to do with the massacre in Connecticut? People need to stop trying to reduce this society down to the lowest common denominator!

Because someone with mental problems can't handle video games or the responsibility of a firearm - or liberty in general - I SHOULD SACRIFICE UNTIL I AM AT THEIR LEVEL OF CHOICES IN LIFE?

Those filmmakers should be being defended - so should the NRA. It's OUR FIRST TWO AMENDMENTS IN THE BILL OF RIGHTS for chrissakes.

I'm not saying whether films are or are not desensitizing young people. If they are then deal with it in society - in the "private sector". Use our freedoms to change society and stop going after the BOR to attack "opponents" with. It's disgusting and unAmerican.
Churmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#675 Dec 18, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
What did she threaten to do?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012 /12/18/fear-bei...
Quackenfuss P Gunnutt

Middletown, CT

#676 Dec 18, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>

The next agenda item- after the fiscal cliff- will be legislation banning assault weapons and these larger clipss.
Which will accomplish nothing.

Maybe you'll be in the mall where a psycho shows up with 3-4 Glock 17's and several magazines. That's one nasty piece of polymer!
Quackenfuss P Gunnutt

Middletown, CT

#677 Dec 18, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the blacks, and their gangster mentality that is responsible for most of the violents crimes. We should should lock up all the blacks if we want a safer america.
I'm surprised those 'bangers can hit anything. What's with that over-the-head, sideways shooting technique, anyway? I know one hand is holding up the Levis, but c'mon!
Quackenfuss P Gunnutt

Middletown, CT

#678 Dec 18, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
A white Republican.
So what?
"So what" is right...especially when 99 out of 100 Windy City scumbags are hardcore Obama democraps!

I hear Rahm only talks about shot-dead Chicago kids in his sleep. Is that true?

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#679 Dec 18, 2012
Ray wrote:
The Supreme Court needs to rule that so-called 'gun free zones' are unconstitutional.
The Supreme Court already ruled so called 'corporations' are "people."
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#680 Dec 18, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
If the teachers hadn't threatened him, perhaps he wouldn't have become so irate.
Matters Not

Portland, OR

#681 Dec 19, 2012
The American version of the "Suicide bomber".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA cops fatally shoot man near CNN Hollywood af... Feb '17 Pessimistic1 7
More from around the web