Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in ele...

Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.

There are 1567 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left the gunman dead and at least one teacher wounded and sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

zef

Los Angeles, CA

#637 Dec 18, 2012
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> The last one couldvery easily have been stopped. This person was involved in an altercation the day before the shooting. He came back the next day and killed three of those he argued with the day before. Then he killed the children in the class his mother used to teach. Why when he was at the school the day before creating a disturbance didnt the school authorities call the police. They dropped the ball they could & should have filed charges against this nut case. Why didnt they? maybe because his mother was a former teacher & friend? Why am I the only one who seems to bring this point to the debate?
Easily stopped how? Do people get the death penalty for arguing now? Are you going to kill everyone that has an arguement?
Terry

United States

#638 Dec 18, 2012
Gun control my @-$$
Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#639 Dec 18, 2012
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Easily stopped how? Do people get the death penalty for arguing now? Are you going to kill everyone that has an arguement?
It is against the law for a 20 year old non student to come on a campus and cause trouble. At the very least he could have been charged with disturbing the peace. It most Likely that he made threats. If he did make threats you could add terroristic threatining. the folks who he was arguing with could and should have got the police involved. they should have made shure that charges where pressed and a restraining order placed upon the sicko. If that legal action had occured he would have been sent to a facility for mental evaluation and maby locked up in the looney bin. why didnt those in charge get the police involved? Maybe it was nepotism because his mother was a former teacher? those in charge should have been hard nosed. Instead they dropped the ball and didnt do their job & duty.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#640 Dec 18, 2012
He sound's like the character, Max on the NBC show, Parenthood...he has aspergers....

Jackson, MO

#641 Dec 18, 2012
GUN CONTROL STATUS
compare ten big "KILLRS" in the U.S.

1. Tobacco use----------529,000

2. Medical Errors----------195,000

3. Unintentional Injuries------118,000

4. Alchol Abuse----------107,000

5. Motor Vehicle Accidents-----34,485

6. Unintentional Poisoning-----31,758

7. Drug Abuse----------25,500

8. Unintentional Falls---------24,792

9. Non-Firearm Homicides-------16,799

10. Firearm Homicides----------11,493

According to the FBI, the #1 weapon used in violent crimes is a BASEBALL BAT.

Jackson, MO

#642 Dec 18, 2012
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How?
The government has not and will not pass a piece of legislation involving guns that will prevent these mass shootings. Only a gun-hating, leftist fool would think so.
Over 75 people were killed (and over 100 injured) in mass shootings during Obama's first term.
We won't even mention the total number of young lives taken by illegal firearms in Obama's home town of Chicago so far this year.
Suffice to say it's more than 26.
10 in the last weekend alone, and that city is "gun free" what a joke.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#643 Dec 18, 2012
With all the calls for more gun control after the tragic massacre in Newtown Connecticut at the Sandy Hook Elementary School which resulted in the deaths of 20 children aged 6 to 7 years old and six adults, it is worth noting that the worst school massacre in U.S. history where 45 people died, 38 of them elementary school children and 58 others injured, occurred without one person killed by a gun.

http://wwwwakeupamericans-spree.blogspot.com/...
Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#644 Dec 18, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
He sound's like the character, Max on the NBC show, Parenthood...he has aspergers....
Also the fellow they called Hands on the practice. there was a eposode where he kidnapped and held someone at gunpoint.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#645 Dec 18, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And they had eleven firearm murders in 2008.
Eleven.
Total.
Fewer murders than the US has had in one place in one shooting (and twice last years).
Being totally frustrated by not having the right to keep and bear arms, they commit suicide at twice the US rate.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#646 Dec 18, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would have stopped the last one, spooge breath.
I doubt it since Feinstein's proposed ban has, just like the last Assault Weapon ban, a grandfather clause for those weapons and high capacity magazines already legally purchased. Think of it as a feel good law passed to instill another false sense of security like gun free zones.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#647 Dec 18, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Gee Whiz, does what you walk through and spew,
I really don't have time to wade through tea bag rhetoric, especially when you are speaking in tongues.

Location hidden

#648 Dec 18, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it since Feinstein's proposed ban has.
You aren't the brightest bulb in the box, no one cares what you understand.

Look for the assault weapons ban re instituted with this kind of NRA toy to be at the top of the list.

And clips limited to reasonable size, i.e., ten rounds.

And background checks to be extended to private sales to cover the 40 percent that are sold without background checks today.

Location hidden

#649 Dec 18, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Being totally frustrated by not having the right to keep and bear arms, they commit suicide at twice the US rate.
I think they are being forced to read your comments, donglicker.
Ray

Newport, OR

#651 Dec 18, 2012
The Supreme Court needs to rule that so-called 'gun free zones' are unconstitutional.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#652 Dec 18, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't the brightest bulb in the box, no one cares what you understand.
Look for the assault weapons ban re instituted with this kind of NRA toy to be at the top of the list.
And clips limited to reasonable size, i.e., ten rounds.
And background checks to be extended to private sales to cover the 40 percent that are sold without background checks today.
In contrast to you, a totally burnt out candle, I am quite bright.

"Feinstein, who currently chairs the Senate Intelligence Committee, championed an earlier ban passed by Congress in 1994, but that bill expired only a decade later. On Sunday, the senator said new legislation in the works would perfect that earlier bill.
"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation, and the possession. Not retroactively, but prospectively. It will ban the same for big clips, drums or strips of more than 10 bullets," she told NBC. "There will be a bill."
http://rt.com/usa/news/obama-support-ban-assa...

Nor retroactively but prospectively. That means if they ban the AR 15 effective Jan 21, I can purchase one on Jan 20th and it is all mine.

According to Feinstein's proposal, assault style weapons and high capacity magazines will all be grandfathered, just like last time which is the only way it will pass muster. You are easy.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#653 Dec 18, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they are being forced to read your comments, donglicker.
If you take your head out of your butt you could read them all too. On second thought you look more noble and less stupid that way and on the bright side, you can eat your dessert twice which makes your food stamps go further.

Location hidden

#654 Dec 18, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Timothy McVeigh? He Killed over 100 people without a gun.
A white Republican.

So what?

Thing is, spoogebreath- filling up a truck full of fertilizer and blowing it up is illegal and if you recall: Timothy McVeigh- the Republican- was put to death for it.

The next agenda item- after the fiscal cliff- will be legislation banning assault weapons and these larger clipss.

Consider it a Christmas present from Americans who are tired of your tiny-dick toys. We are FED UP.

Location hidden

#655 Dec 18, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you take your head out of your butt you could read them all too.
I am sure your ability to read is hindered with your mustache being tangled with your boyfriend's pubic hairs.

Gun legislation coming- federal in January and to the state houses near you.

Location hidden

#657 Dec 18, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<
According to Feinstein's proposal, assault style weapons and high capacity magazines will all be grandfathered
Feinstein is but one voice.

Location hidden

#658 Dec 18, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
Shooting up a school is illegal too fart breath.
Better yet: assault weapons illegal.

See you in January.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect in shooting rampage had been deported t... (Oct '14) Oct '14 swizzler 1
News Couple hurt in Kansas City rampage succumb to i... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Black Pansters 3
News Three fatal stabbing victims in Santa Barbara r... (May '14) Jun '14 N8 the Grrr8 39
News Vegas rampage victims honored, eulogized as heroes (Jun '14) Jun '14 Yep2 32
More from around the web