Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.

Dec 14, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 1,567

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left the gunman dead and at least one teacher wounded and sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

Read more
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#538 Dec 17, 2012
Eagle wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what I mean,'law abiding citizens' are easily becoming criminals as there are easy access to guns.
So the solution is banning law abiding citizens. Maybe everyone should register their weapons. Only problem with that is in Haynes v U.S.(1968), the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that felons do not have to register illegally possessed guns, because the Fifth Amendment protects them against self-incrimination. In essence all law abiding citizens would be required to register their weapons but those in possession of illegal weapons would not be required. Talk about truth being stranger than fiction.
Eagle

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#541 Dec 17, 2012
NRA for life wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a tragedy but we need to tell teachers that they must be well armed and ready to engage when they go to school.
Police can not protect everyone so the school must take teachers to shooting ranges and pay for their license to carry.
A criminal can be stopped by armed and well organized teachers.
It doesn't take more than a few hours to teach them how to shoot and provide basic cover for each other as they engage any armed person who attempts to do the students harm.
School faculty must be ready and able to defend the school.
More guns, more gun owners, more killings.

Solution is to ban all automatic weapons and register all semi-automatic weapons. It will be a good start and then eventually ban all guns.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#543 Dec 17, 2012
They will never get the guns out of the ghettos around the country. If those people, yeah those, are going to be carrying so am I.
just another guy

United States

#544 Dec 17, 2012
Eagle wrote:
<quoted text
I won't blame the murderer, I blame the law.
Is it your belief that we should make murder legal then?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#545 Dec 17, 2012
Psychopath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Ban all guns. Then no one can protect themselves from me. I'll be in your homes all the time. Robbing you, raping your wife, having my way with your kids. Right now I can't break into just any house. I could get my head blown off. I need guns outlawed. Of course I won't turn mine in. I need them in case one of my crazy competitors tries to rob me.
If that were true, the USA would be the safest country in the World. But compared to other industrialist nations it is the unsafest. So this argument is clearly invalid.

Problem with weapons around the house is that in 80% of the cases people are shot with their own weapons. So the shooters mothers was perfectly safe with 5 weapons in the house. That is why she is dead now. Well that is fine sins she took that risk when she bought these guns, but dozens of little children did not. They were killed because a person with mental problem had easy access to weapons.

Easy access to weapons is not the cause of crime but it makes the consequences much more severe.

And I why people need weapons to defend themselves. I do not need them. So why do they need them. Why are they so scared. Are the paranoid. Should paranoia be a valid argument? And why are the so paranoid. If you have clean conscience you do not have these fears. It is anti-socials and criminals that are most paranoid. It is their conscience.

And what I even understand less is that the Christian right is so obsessed with weapons as Jesus makes the strongest case against self-defence and retaliation of all religions. He is extremely outspoken about that.
38 “You have heard that it was said,‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 BUT I TELL YOU, DO NOT RESIST AN EVIL PERSON. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Love for Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said,‘Love your neighbor[i] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Did you read that. BUT I TELL YOU, DO NOT RESIST AN EVIL PERSON. So this armed self-defence is a totally against Jesus teachings. The Christian right should call themselves the Christian atheists because their trust in God is non-existent.

I do not need a gun. Why? Because I believe that I will die when God wants me to die whether I have a gun or not. And if I am not to die I I will not happen either. I may die tomorrow or live on many years. That is not my concern, my concern is to live properly.

But the Christian right only reads those parts of the bible, preferably the old testament that they can use for their anti-social agenda. But the explicit words of Christ they hide from the public.

So you think you think you are so smart you can defend yourself against Gods will with your guns? Go ahead brother. You are the real fool.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#546 Dec 17, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
per CNN
Lanza was found dead next to three guns, a semi-automatic .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle and two pistols made by Glock and Sig Sauer, a law enforcement source told CNN. All belonged to his mother.
Carver, who performed autopsies on seven of the victims, said the wounds he knew about were caused by a "long weapon." Asked by a reporter whether the rifle was the primary weapon, he responded, "Yes."
Gosh: what is a 'long rifle' he was referring to, MOOCH?

Here's a hint: it wasn't the two pistols.

Location hidden

#547 Dec 17, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
not according to this cupcake.
Of course: I am going on what the coroner said.

Of course, Kneepads, when I told you what Kentucky state law was, you denied it even as I posted the law fifty times.

And after a month of me posting exactly what the law was, you then said that law didn't cover your part of Kentucky.

Wipe your chin, Kneepads, your mum has falling down again and needs help to roll back into bed.

Location hidden

#548 Dec 17, 2012
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The same group that recklessly prescribes drugs that are a contributing factor
The coroner thinks the major contributing factor was the eleven and twelve bullets fired from the Bushmaster into the backs and the heads of the first graders.

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#549 Dec 17, 2012
Suzanna Gratia Hupp explains meaning of 2nd Amendment!

downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#550 Dec 17, 2012
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
If that were true, the USA would be the safest country in the World. But compared to other industrialist nations it is the unsafest. So this argument is clearly invalid.
Problem with weapons around the house is that in 80% of the cases people are shot with their own weapons. So the shooters mothers was perfectly safe with 5 weapons in the house. That is why she is dead now. Well that is fine sins she took that risk when she bought these guns, but dozens of little children did not. They were killed because a person with mental problem had easy access to weapons.
Easy access to weapons is not the cause of crime but it makes the consequences much more severe.
And I why people need weapons to defend themselves. I do not need them. So why do they need them. Why are they so scared. Are the paranoid. Should paranoia be a valid argument? And why are the so paranoid. If you have clean conscience you do not have these fears. It is anti-socials and criminals that are most paranoid. It is their conscience.
And what I even understand less is that the Christian right is so obsessed with weapons as Jesus makes the strongest case against self-defence and retaliation of all religions. He is extremely outspoken about that.
<quoted text>
Did you read that. BUT I TELL YOU, DO NOT RESIST AN EVIL PERSON. So this armed self-defence is a totally against Jesus teachings. The Christian right should call themselves the Christian atheists because their trust in God is non-existent.
I do not need a gun. Why? Because I believe that I will die when God wants me to die whether I have a gun or not. And if I am not to die I I will not happen either. I may die tomorrow or live on many years. That is not my concern, my concern is to live properly.
But the Christian right only reads those parts of the bible, preferably the old testament that they can use for their anti-social agenda. But the explicit words of Christ they hide from the public.
So you think you think you are so smart you can defend yourself against Gods will with your guns? Go ahead brother. You are the real fool.

According to 2008 crime stats, the violent crime rate in your country, the Netherlands,(676 per 100,000) was higher than the violent crime rate in my country ,the USA (466 per 100,000
Just saying.

Location hidden

#551 Dec 17, 2012
just another guy wrote:
they can approve or not the firearms purchases of the American gun owner.
Americans are not going to put up with the deadly toys of the pathetic tiny-dicked gun gnutters anymore.

There will be changes.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#552 Dec 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The coroner thinks the major contributing factor was the eleven and twelve bullets fired from the Bushmaster into the backs and the heads of the first graders.
Proving again that the difference between the coroner and you is the coroner thinks.

Location hidden

#553 Dec 17, 2012
La Santa Muerte wrote:
Obama's new straw man:
You don't know what a straw man is.

You should have stayed in school or at least gone back for your GED.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#554 Dec 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course: I am going on what the coroner said.
Of course, Kneepads, when I told you what Kentucky state law was, you denied it even as I posted the law fifty times.
And after a month of me posting exactly what the law was, you then said that law didn't cover your part of Kentucky.
Wipe your chin, Kneepads, your mum has falling down again and needs help to roll back into bed.

More gay psycho babble.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#555 Dec 17, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to 2008 crime stats, the violent crime rate in your country, the Netherlands,(676 per 100,000) was higher than the violent crime rate in my country ,the USA (466 per 100,000
Just saying.
I already answered that earlier in the thread. "violent crime rate" does not mean the same in every country.

Example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_Uni...
Violent crime

The reported US violent crime rate includes only Aggravated Assault, whereas the Canadian violent crime rate includes all categories of assault, including the much-more-numerous Assault level 1 (i.e., assault not using a weapon and not resulting in serious bodily harm). A government study concluded that direct comparison of the 2 countries' violent crime totals or rates was "inappropriate".
Compare homicides, those are clearly defined and not dependent on whether the crime was reported, investigated, put to court, or convicted.
those are four times lower in my country. Homicides is simply all people that did not die by natural causes, suicides or accidents.

Homicides are four times lower in my country and other Western Europe countries.

Location hidden

#556 Dec 17, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
More gay psycho babble.
I am sure you're an expert on gay babble and blowing bubbles with spogge.

BTW: the coroner lists the long rifle as weapon used to kill the children.

In case you want to deal in facts, Bubbles.

Location hidden

#557 Dec 17, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Proving again that the difference between the coroner and you is the coroner thinks.
And what you do would provide the gun man with temporary pent up sexual relief but nothing to make the country any safer in the long run.
Eagle

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#558 Dec 17, 2012
[QUOTE who="..... What are we going to do about it?[/QUOTE]

Bring in gun laws, ban all automatic weapons, register all semi-automatic & lower grade weapons/guns for now...

In 10 years, ban all guns.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#559 Dec 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you're an expert on gay babble and blowing bubbles with spogge.
BTW: the coroner lists the long rifle as weapon used to kill the children.
In case you want to deal in facts, Bubbles.
Never said otherwise, flamer.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#560 Dec 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And what you do would provide the gun man with temporary pent up sexual relief but nothing to make the country any safer in the long run.
Having you committed for crimes against nature would make the country safer in the long run.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect in shooting rampage had been deported t... Oct '14 swizzler 1
News Couple hurt in Kansas City rampage succumb to i... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Black Pansters 3
News Three fatal stabbing victims in Santa Barbara r... (May '14) Jun '14 N8 the Grrr8 39
News Vegas rampage victims honored, eulogized as heroes (Jun '14) Jun '14 Yep2 32
News Santa Barbara Rampage Victim's Family Hopes He ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 drive by media 1
News Paul Ciancia, LAX shooting suspect, charged wit... (Nov '13) Nov '13 national whistleb... 2
News Who is behind the Washington Navy Yard rampage? (Sep '13) Oct '13 chomikuj 16
More from around the web