Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.

Dec 14, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 1,567

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left the gunman dead and at least one teacher wounded and sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

Full Story

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#491 Dec 17, 2012
A turning point wrote:
<quoted text> Coiuld you go buy crack right now? Do you know where to find it? How could a 20 year old lunatic find a gun dealer? It would not be an easy task. Especially if the sentence for selling illegal guns were automatic life in prison.
If I were a user that wouldn't be an issue. Even as a nonuser I have a pretty good idea as to where to start. Guns would be available for those that wanted them.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#492 Dec 17, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> REALLY?...Are you a settler carving out a place in the wilderness, filled with the perils of wild animals and savage indians?
How in the hell do you get that from "security of a Free State"?

What in the hell is wrong with people?! It's really short, go read it. Better yet, go read the philosophies that came out of the Enlightenment and the application of them by the Protestant revolution to understand what those Men were trying to do and that the US was supposed to be a culmination of all that humans had learned about government and a free society.

How can you not see that the US Constitution is based on controlling the federal government within checks and balances, philosophical principles, and definition of terms?!?!?!?!?!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#494 Dec 17, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Liberals will use this to further their disarming of america ploy. If they cared about people, there would have been the same outrage from them and the media over Fast and Furious and Benghazi. Liberals care less about the children, only thier agenda.
There were at least 9 mass shootings, including three with a dozen or more fatalities, during Obama's first term.

Location hidden

#495 Dec 17, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> REALLY?...Are you a settler carving out a place in the wilderness, filled with the perils of wild animals and savage indians?
The "wild animals" simply look different know. Many have two legs and walk upright.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#496 Dec 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The children weren't killed by a video game.
Gee Whiz, If you're 'trying to make a point, quit 'beating around the bush'?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#497 Dec 17, 2012
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
There were at least 9 mass shootings, including three with a dozen or more fatalities, during Obama's first term.
But, But, But,'that's George Bush's fault' isn't it??
concerned American

Richmond, KY

#498 Dec 17, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The were not assult weapons, they were semi-automatic weapons that we have had for 150 years. I presume you still use a musket.....
There were no semi-auto 150 ago?!
I believe in gun rights !! Not assault rifles !!! Assault rife was used in Newtown, Conn. Only drug dealers and crazy people need those type of weapons!!

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#499 Dec 17, 2012
concerned American wrote:
<quoted text>
Only drug dealers and crazy people need those types of weapons!!
LOL!! Great comment and with stricter Guns Laws That is who will have them. LOL

Location hidden

#500 Dec 17, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>But, But, But,'that's George Bush's fault' isn't it??
Considering his reelection is no longer an issue, let's see if Obama will be more "flexible" with the 2nd Amendment.

Location hidden

#501 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Only drug dealers and crazy people need those type of weapons!!
So, under which category do the military and law enforcement fall?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#502 Dec 17, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Sure, it's call ghetto's now.

Location hidden

#503 Dec 17, 2012
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Well his first four years were spent just as he did as an organizer. Divide the people, generate hate and racisism and create class envy. All find there way of violence as the outlet for built up flustrations.

Location hidden

#504 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
I believe in gun rights !! Not assault rifles !!! Assault rife was used in Newtown, Conn. Only drug dealers and crazy people need those type of weapons!!
The first successful design for a semi-automatic rifle is attributed to German-born gunsmith Ferdinand Ritter von Mannlicher, who unveiled the design in 1885.[1] The Model 85 was followed by the equally innovative Mannlicher Models 91, 93 and 95 semi-automatic rifles.[2] Although Mannlicher earned his reputation with his bolt action rifle designs, he also produced a few semi-automatic pistols, including the Steyr Mannlicher M1894, which employed an unusual blow-forward action and held five rounds of 6.5 mm ammunition that were fed into the M1894 by a stripper clip.
obamaisafake

Carmel, IN

#505 Dec 17, 2012
Rapist Burglar wrote:
I'm all for taking everyone's gun away. Then what's to stop me from getting to your children? No one should have guns, knives, swords, axes, shields, locks on their doors or chainsaws.
The sheep don't understand that the criminals will have the weapons and the victims will be easier to slaughter. When the government collapses, there will be guns in the hands of the looters. They will terrorize the country in the exact same way they do in Africa.

Saint Charles, MO

#506 Dec 17, 2012
The same day a man in China took a knife to a school and stabbed 22 people,.This same style attack has happened several times now, one time nine students were killed, and another 3 kindergarten aged students stabbed to death.In another 7 students and 1 teacher were killed.

Why a knife? because guns are illegal there
Gun laws, this clearly demonstrates that gun laws do not have an effect on crazy people.

The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, on May 18, 1927, which killed 38 elementary school children, two teachers, and four other adults; at least 58 people were injured. The perpetrator killed his wife first, and later committed suicide in his last explosion.

Again gun laws have nothing to do with the actual problem, which is that we have nutjobs among us that will go to any lengths by any means necessary to kill as many as possible. Ever wonder why these attacks always happen in "gun free zones"? Because they have nothing to fear there.

Some people are simply defective,evil, whatever you want to call it, they are immune to laws.

The only thing gun laws can accomplish is to make more lambs for the slaughter.
obamaisafake

Carmel, IN

#507 Dec 17, 2012
Chicopee wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't wonder about it at all.
My grandfather told me a long time ago that even in the military, they changed from the bullseye targets to human shaped targets in military training, because even sharp shooters in training would miss their targets in war because they weren't conditioned to shoot at humans.
I know people who absolutely get addicted to these computer games. The graphics have come a long way. Does it desensitize people? Absolutely.
Wanna bet Adam Lanza was a gamer?
Call of Duty and games like this are very popular with young boys and even adults. Games like this are especially popular with kids who have autism and other social/emotional problems. Even among the normal population, gaming exacerbates social, emotional, academic and even physical problems. When you tap into the ugly side of people, you may uncover the animal beneath that has followed humanity up the evolutionary ladder. We are only a few cells from the jungle, so it seems video games that incite the violence and carnage of yesteryear.....which could unleash undesirable consequences.

Location hidden

#508 Dec 17, 2012
<quoted text>
An assault rifle is a AUTOMATIC CAPABLE weapon. Semi Automatic is not in that class. Let's ban Drones, Obama has killed more children with his drone attacks and Fast and Furious than any loon with a semi automatic weapon.

Location hidden

#509 Dec 17, 2012
obamaisafake wrote:
<quoted text>Call of Duty and games like this are very popular with young boys and even adults. Games like this are especially popular with kids who have autism and other social/emotional problems. Even among the normal population, gaming exacerbates social, emotional, academic and even physical problems. When you tap into the ugly side of people, you may uncover the animal beneath that has followed humanity up the evolutionary ladder. We are only a few cells from the jungle, so it seems video games that incite the violence and carnage of yesteryear.....which could unleash undesirable consequences.
If you think it's bad now, wait till they loons get pot legaized along with the mental disorders.

Location hidden

#511 Dec 17, 2012
Rapist Burglar wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think it's bad now. Wait till They change the law so that Obama can run for a 3rd term.
That will not happen without a constitutional congress and ratification.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#513 Dec 17, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>That will not happen without a constitutional congress and ratification.
Oh yeah?!?! We're working on it!!! ROFLMFAO!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suspect in shooting rampage had been deported t... Oct '14 swizzler 1
Couple hurt in Kansas City rampage succumb to i... Sep '14 Black Pansters 3
Three fatal stabbing victims in Santa Barbara r... (May '14) Jun '14 N8 the Grrr8 39
Vegas rampage victims honored, eulogized as heroes (Jun '14) Jun '14 Yep2 32
Santa Barbara Rampage Victim's Family Hopes He ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 drive by media 1
Paul Ciancia, LAX shooting suspect, charged wit... (Nov '13) Nov '13 national whistleb... 2
Who is behind the Washington Navy Yard rampage? (Sep '13) Oct '13 chomikuj 16
More from around the web