Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in ele...

Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.

There are 1567 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left the gunman dead and at least one teacher wounded and sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

zef

Los Angeles, CA

#470 Dec 16, 2012
There will be a 2013 wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong. People are sick of the violence. You know why gun control will work? Because anyone with a gun will be able to be arrested. No more guns is the only way. 18 kids are dead. WTF?!
911 had 2,996 causualties. What are you doing to outlaw passenger jets? No more passenger jets is the only way.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#471 Dec 16, 2012
obamaisafake wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like you are in need of some kind of medical intervention because you are making absolutely no sense. Check yourself in.
Do you think the sadistic tyrants should be allowed to use children as an excuse to torture their victims with colon restriction devices? Or do you think the boston tea party never occurred? What doesn't make sense to you?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#473 Dec 16, 2012
Obama's new straw man:“Are we prepared to say that such violence visited on our children year after year after year is somehow the price of our freedom?”

Location hidden

#474 Dec 16, 2012
Oh, so NOW we get the 'this is the last straw' BS from Obama and the progs.

Where was this ' get the guns' attitude prior to the first Tuesday of last month?
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#475 Dec 16, 2012
La Santa Muerte wrote:
Obama's new straw man:“Are we prepared to say that such violence visited on our children year after year after year is somehow the price of our freedom?”
Christ the 1st Amd was being jabbed at with the left's remarks after Benghazi and now the 2nd. Americans and their damn freedoms - look at all the harm they cause. Riots and mass murder.

Well I guess since he said he can't "ban films" because our Laws won't let him then he will have to admit the same about gun bans. Although I think his remark about the 1st was just a plea for repeal or corruption. What a [email protected] traitor and all his damn minions hoisting him up on their shoulders. It's horrific.
Maxine

Ilion, NY

#476 Dec 16, 2012
I'm believe the problem is not the guns but the way we deal with mental illness in this country.

Mental health services are expensive and often unavailable to those who most need them. Certainly guns should be restricted from those with a history of problems but I believe we set ourselves up for problems by not providing help for those who most need it!

Location hidden

#477 Dec 16, 2012
Maxine wrote:
I'm believe the problem is not the guns but the way we deal with mental illness in this country.
Mental health services are expensive and often unavailable to those who most need them. Certainly guns should be restricted from those with a history of problems but I believe we set ourselves up for problems by not providing help for those who most need it!
Agree.

Excellent points.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#478 Dec 16, 2012
Maxine wrote:
It doesn't matter how rich or poor you are - you will be prescribed medication. All the shooters have been. ALL OF THEM. There is also rampant prescription writing in the military and some military psychiatrists are pondering the increasing suicide rate correlating to this. They do the same thing with PTSD as they do with ADD or anything that is ailing people these days. You are right though, the problem is not the guns - my legally-medicated teenage neighbor killed his whole family with tools from the shed. There are mothers drowning their kids and kids stabbing their parents, schoolmates, etc. One case after another - one murder-suicide after another - where prescription bottles are on scene.

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#479 Dec 16, 2012
A la plage wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if it is harming the citizenry! Forget the 2nd! And your fking statistic are way exaggerated and way wrong! Fck the NRA and we must destroy the NRA!
Now we got women aiding the mentally ill, the sick, the disgruptled, the socially isolated and others to get weapons!
Shooting each child multiple times with an automatic IS FKING SICK!!!
Stabbing you with a knife or hacking you with a machete is not the same as closing your eyes, pulling the trigger and spraying bullets everywhere! FK YOU NRA~
The 2nd amendment didn't kill anyone. The gun didn't kill anyone. Our rights didn't kill anyone. An individual/Liberal self described anarchist/communist stole guns from the legal owner of those guns,killed the legal owner,went to a school and killed those people in the school. NONE OF WHICH HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE 2nd AMENDMENT.

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Location hidden

#480 Dec 16, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shame gun nutters are illiterate and cannot read let alone the 2nd amendment.
GFY!

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Location hidden

#481 Dec 16, 2012
Anybody see the word "Hunting" in the 2nd amendment"

I own firearms for the reason the founders intended.
I'm keeping them.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#482 Dec 16, 2012
La Santa Muerte wrote:
What does using your children as an excuse to torture your victims with colon restriction devices have to do with freedom? Being shackled with colon restriction torture devices, and being tortured with those colon restriction devices without cause or due process is a far cry from freedom.
Chicopee

United States

#483 Dec 16, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
...Anyone ever wonder, what the effect of these violent, gun shooting-type computer games, have on these young men? It would explain some of the desensitized behavior, they alway's display in these tragic incidents....
I don't wonder about it at all.
My grandfather told me a long time ago that even in the military, they changed from the bullseye targets to human shaped targets in military training, because even sharp shooters in training would miss their targets in war because they weren't conditioned to shoot at humans.
I know people who absolutely get addicted to these computer games. The graphics have come a long way. Does it desensitize people? Absolutely.
Wanna bet Adam Lanza was a gamer?
concerned American

Winchester, KY

#484 Dec 17, 2012
There will be a 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>It is terrorism. It is the American version of the suicide bomber. Kill everyone you can and then yourself. What are we going to do about it?
They need to ban assault rifles !
We need are gun rights!
Who needs an assault rifle??
Ban the totally from this country!!!!!
The president can do this.
I never was an Obama fan! He needs to take the lead in saving our people!!
We are the highest country in the world on murder with guns! On an average of 85 per day! Times that by 365?????
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#485 Dec 17, 2012
concerned American wrote:
<quoted text>
We need are gun rights!
We are the highest country in the world on murder with guns! On an average of 85 per day! Times that by 365?????
Sorry, I just had to chuckle sadly when considering the discussions at the Constitutional Convention compared to um....this thing you did here.

A nation run by people who cater to the likes of you is a nation where "assault rifles" are the last thing anyone has to worry about.

Go on in.....it's just a hot shower.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#486 Dec 17, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh.
I feel there is a stronger correlation between the availability of assault weapons - such as the one used by the shooting - then computer games.
So as far as priorities go, I would put between the availability of assault weapons - such as the one used by the shooting - then computer games.
And that the hold that special rights groups- such as the NRA- have over state legislatures has to end.
The day before this happened, Michigan passed a law legalizing the carrying of weapons into schools.
The majority of Americans are FED UP WITH THIS CR&P!
The were not assult weapons, they were semi-automatic weapons that we have had for 150 years. I presume you still use a musket.....
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#487 Dec 17, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
that is a negative view of things.
some thing you say have some degree of validity we live in a society that grows ever coarser
Losing faith in the two party's that we have is rational. Any one who lusts for power or money can not be trusted.
the leap you made to blaming progressive politics for the gunman is down right absurd. are you going to argue that 50 years ago everything was perfect an the American people were so dumb as to vote for those who would ruin this assumed perfection
you also neglect the fact that until 2008 the country was going through a generally rightward period were very conservative presidents sat in the White House for 20 of 28 years . the Supreme Court went from a left lean to a rightward bias. where conservatives dominate the house of reps. If there is a decline and a blame it is shared
There was one conservative president. And that was the first four years of his administration from 1981 to 1984. The others had "R" next to their names. Your spouting that the nation was moving right as political correctness, diversity, and everything else expanded massively with state and local taxes and fees and fines and hidden taxes and federal taxes in real times rising big time to pay for it makes your statement absurd. Today we have a massive divorce rate and 45% of our children living in single parent households and have a nation cultivating gay marriages. This type of nonsense will continue until we are Balkanized enough to poverty where nasty violence will be the norm. The supreme court proved its left wing slant when the elitist judge Roberts made his Obamacare decision.

Paris

#488 Dec 17, 2012
FALCONER wrote:
<quoted text>
GFY!
Liberals will use this to further their disarming of america ploy. If they cared about people, there would have been the same outrage from them and the media over Fast and Furious and Benghazi. Liberals care less about the children, only thier agenda.

Paris

#489 Dec 17, 2012
concerned American wrote:
<quoted text>
We need are gun rights!
Call Chicago and ask them to surrender their guns first. All it will take is a call from their favorite son.

By the way, semiautomatic weapons have been around for 150 years, this is nothing to do with guns, it's to do with morons letting their autistic child have access to them. Obama cut revenue for school security. Call him, who knows he might pick up the phone for once.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#490 Dec 17, 2012
FALCONER wrote:
Anybody see the word "Hunting" in the 2nd amendment"
I own firearms for the reason the founders intended.
I'm keeping them.
REALLY?...Are you a settler carving out a place in the wilderness, filled with the perils of wild animals and savage indians?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA cops fatally shoot man near CNN Hollywood af... Feb '17 Pessimistic1 7
More from around the web