Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.

Dec 14, 2012 Full story: The Washington Post 1,567

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left the gunman dead and at least one teacher wounded and sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

Full Story
REM223

Old Saybrook, CT

#389 Dec 16, 2012
The media has put out so much mis-information about this horiffic tragedy. The media battles each other for front page news to the point of fabrication.

We here in Connecticut know of and have seen the State Police Information Officer Lt. Paul Vance many times over the years and know that he is as honest and straight forward as they come. No one should believe anything about this case unless it comes from him directly.

Apparently according to Lt.Vance there are scumbags on social media like Facebook and tweeting lies, false ID`s and threatening statements and law enforcement is investigating these dirtbags and will prosecute them when caught. Hopefully they will get long jail sentences.

More proof of the demoralizing of America

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#390 Dec 16, 2012
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry. I am torn betwen having hope in a corrupted two party system and a system controlled by others leading us to nastiness. As we continue this odyssey, someone or some group will be blamed and suffer worse then others as the tyranny experienced by other nations in history becomes our way of life. If it is not the Christian end times then there will be a boomerang on many who live progressive lives as we get poorer. So if I sound bitter it is because the reality to me is a depraved nation in a world full of gloom. And oh yeah, this gunman is a result of fifty years of progressive policies and not so called fright wing gun lovers. So living in a nation where neighbor will kill neighbor at some point, and neighbor will sell out neighbor, makes me despondent. And you mean nothing to me with that decision as you can see the advancement of police state tactics in living color on the internet if you want.

that is a negative view of things.

some thing you say have some degree of validity we live in a society that grows ever coarser
Losing faith in the two party's that we have is rational. Any one who lusts for power or money can not be trusted.
the leap you made to blaming progressive politics for the gunman is down right absurd. are you going to argue that 50 years ago everything was perfect an the American people were so dumb as to vote for those who would ruin this assumed perfection
you also neglect the fact that until 2008 the country was going through a generally rightward period were very conservative presidents sat in the White House for 20 of 28 years . the Supreme Court went from a left lean to a rightward bias. where conservatives dominate the house of reps. If there is a decline and a blame it is shared

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#391 Dec 16, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you believe in limiting rights are you sure that you wouldn't rather live in a Communist country?
do you actually believe that there are unrestricted rights
the question you had asked is do i believe in the existence of unalterable, inalienable rights.
no they do not exist every thing has the caveat that they exist only when they are not abused when abused they can be restricted.
those are the facts that we all live with

so do you believe that inalienable right actually exist, in the real world

it is pathetic that a cordial debate causes you to resort to petty insult, was this because you had run out of rational points?
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#392 Dec 16, 2012
TheTruthWillEmerge wrote:
This devastating incident has shocked the whole world and yet we are supposed to believe that these type of crimes are just extremely happening all of a sudden out of nowhere!...I hope and pray our own govenment is not behind this just to make this repeal the 2nd Amendment because there's too much pointing at Gun Control like never before these days...I could never imagine what it would be like to own a gun, but I respect those who use them to protect us from the Evil doers out there in the world...God help us if the government had anyhthing to do with these crimes involving innocent lives, innocent children and teachers...this does not make any sense and right now only God knows what evil is lurking to take away our freedoms and our way of life...God Bless the victims and their family/friends who need our love and support nation-wide, most importantly, our constant prayers for desperate healing...Also, "Forgivness" is a virtue and we are not hearing much about it in the media or elsewhere...Christ forgave us for our sins and we must also forgive others, otherwise, we allow ourselves to let evil get the best of us...We as a strong nation, USA must not give in to the devil ever...We must be strong and help keep America strong and free.
You don't think torturing people with colon restriction devices deserves retribution? That nothing should be done about those sadistic tyrants using their victims as toys or puppets for their amusement?
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#393 Dec 16, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Either you haven't read my previous comments on the issue (that is of course your right), or I didn't get through to you clearly enough. Certainly what you say is beside the point.
I won't belabor it again, but the key is militia, and a well regulated one at that. If only one soldier is left, he is still part of the militia, the group of which he is a member.
The key is not the militia, never has been. The key is the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms.A well regulated militia is merely a benefit of that right.

"the great principle of self-preservation" was a "transcendent law of nature and of nature's God."
James Madison, The Federalist Papers, No. 43

Like I said, a well regulated militia is a benefit of the framers securing "the great principle of self preservation," a right that SCOTUS said existed independent of the constitution.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#394 Dec 16, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
One thing is...a man wears a shoebomb onto an airplane, and everybody since, must take off their shoes, in order to board.....Yet, there have been 31 school shootings since Columbine, and we have changed virtually nothing....
Sure we have. We have made more gun free zones and made violent video games more realistic.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#395 Dec 16, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wipe your chin, Donglicker, you are dribbling on the rug again.
More rantings from the barefooted flamer. Had the shoes stolen while on his knees. Thirty seven pairs of shoes from Zappos in one year and still barefooted.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#396 Dec 16, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
The key is not the militia, never has been. The key is the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms.A well regulated militia is merely a benefit of that right.
"the great principle of self-preservation" was a "transcendent law of nature and of nature's God."
Like I said, a well regulated militia is a benefit of the framers securing "the great principle of self preservation," a right that SCOTUS said existed independent of the constitution.
All rights exist independent of the the constitution. The constitution is suppose to protect those rights.
"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#397 Dec 16, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
that is a negative view of things.
some thing you say have some degree of validity we live in a society that grows ever coarser
Losing faith in the two party's that we have is rational. Any one who lusts for power or money can not be trusted.
the leap you made to blaming progressive politics for the gunman is down right absurd. are you going to argue that 50 years ago everything was perfect an the American people were so dumb as to vote for those who would ruin this assumed perfection
you also neglect the fact that until 2008 the country was going through a generally rightward period were very conservative presidents sat in the White House for 20 of 28 years . the Supreme Court went from a left lean to a rightward bias. where conservatives dominate the house of reps. If there is a decline and a blame it is shared
Its no leap, its just that when ever any tragedy happens, there is an immediate rush to blame anything not progressive. Well stats and demographics of the men and women trampled over the last half century say different. You here very little because 99% of the the whole broadcasting and print system is progressive democrat. And what is not is mostly neo con on the repub side.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#398 Dec 16, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh.
I feel there is a stronger correlation between the availability of assault weapons - such as the one used by the shooting - then computer games.
So as far as priorities go, I would put between the availability of assault weapons - such as the one used by the shooting - then computer games.
And that the hold that special rights groups- such as the NRA- have over state legislatures has to end.
The day before this happened, Michigan passed a law legalizing the carrying of weapons into schools.
The majority of Americans are FED UP WITH THIS CR&P!
A genuine assault weapon is a hand-held, selective fire weapon. In other words it's capable of firing in either an automatic or a semiautomatic mode depending on the position of a selector switch. These kinds of weapons are heavily regulated by the National Firearms Act of 1934 and are further regulated in some states. Not one genuine assault weapon has ever been used in a school shooting.
Now the left wing definition of an assault weapon starts with a slingshot with the ability to launch 4 ounce pebbles at the minimum rate of one every four seconds. Some left wing definitions of assault weapons include anything possessed by a customer that is considered offensive to other customers while having a latte at Starbucks.

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#399 Dec 16, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
...Anyone ever wonder, what the effect of these violent, gun shooting-type computer games, have on these young men? It would explain some of the desensitized behavior, they alway's display in these tragic incidents....
No question about it. I totally agree with you, as usual.

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#400 Dec 16, 2012
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Its no leap, its just that when ever any tragedy happens, there is an immediate rush to blame anything not progressive. Well stats and demographics of the men and women trampled over the last half century say different. You here very little because 99% of the the whole broadcasting and print system is progressive democrat. And what is not is mostly neo con on the repub side.
A majority of broadcast and print media are publicly traded companies owned to a big extent by the same mix of share holders as Exxon or Apple. The board members of corporations are not screaming lefties. In addition you know that cable and the internet have reduced the media giants to shadows.
Every time that something is not to your liking is not proof of the 'Vast left wing conspiracy'' and yes Hillary sounded every bit as lame when she saw a 'vast right wing conspiracy'
Antidepressants violence

Saint Petersburg, FL

#401 Dec 16, 2012
Was the shooter taking psychiatric drugs ?

The Physicians' Desk Reference lists the following adverse reactions (side effects) to antidepressants among a host of other physical and neuropsychiatric effects. None of these adverse reactions (side effects) is listed as Rare.

Hostility
Paranoid Reactions

Manic Reaction (Mania, e.g., Kleptomania, Pyromania, Dipsomania, Nymphomania)
Hypomania (e.g., poor judgment, over spending, impulsivity, etc.)
Abnormal Thinking
Hallucinations
Personality Disorder
Amnesia
Agitation
Psychosis
Abnormal Dreams
Emotional Lability (Or Instability)
Alcohol Abuse and/or Craving
Confusion
Delusions
Sleep Disorders
Akathisia (Severe Inner Restlessness)
Discontinuation (Withdrawal) Syndrome
Impulsivity

http://ssristories.com/ lists the drugs the other school shooters were taking.

Here is a video The TRUE SOURCE of RANDOM & MASS SHOOTINGS and VIOLENCE .

Was the latest school shooter taking the drugs ?

obamaisafake

Carmel, IN

#402 Dec 16, 2012
There will be a 2013 wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong. People are sick of the violence. You know why gun control will work? Because anyone with a gun will be able to be arrested. No more guns is the only way. 18 kids are dead. WTF?!
oscumma has been planning on his herd to respond in the way you are! Congratuations! If what you say is true, there would be no guns in the ghettos! No gang shootings. So, if we can't keep the guns out of the hands of gangs, what makes you think a gun ban will? Please try Luminosity and get those brain cells growing.
obamaisafake

Carmel, IN

#403 Dec 16, 2012
Antidepressants violence wrote:
Was the shooter taking psychiatric drugs ?
The Physicians' Desk Reference lists the following adverse reactions (side effects) to antidepressants among a host of other physical and neuropsychiatric effects. None of these adverse reactions (side effects) is listed as Rare.
Hostility
Paranoid Reactions
Manic Reaction (Mania, e.g., Kleptomania, Pyromania, Dipsomania, Nymphomania)
Hypomania (e.g., poor judgment, over spending, impulsivity, etc.)
Abnormal Thinking
Hallucinations
Personality Disorder
Amnesia
Agitation
Psychosis
Abnormal Dreams
Emotional Lability (Or Instability)
Alcohol Abuse and/or Craving
Confusion
Delusions
Sleep Disorders
Akathisia (Severe Inner Restlessness)
Discontinuation (Withdrawal) Syndrome
Impulsivity
http://ssristories.com/ lists the drugs the other school shooters were taking.
Here is a video The TRUE SOURCE of RANDOM & MASS SHOOTINGS and VIOLENCE . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UhO0Pul_FcEXX
Was the latest school shooter taking the drugs ?
Mass shooters are usually mentally ill and will commit crimes like this with or without drugs/meds. In the past, we kept them seperated from society...now they are mainstreamed in our schools and live in our neighborhoods. This kind of thing will happen if they are free to roam.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#404 Dec 16, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text> as·sem·ble /&#601;&#712;semb& #601;l/
Verb: 1.(of people) Gather together in one place for a
common purpose
2. Bring (people or things) together for a
common purpose
Thank you for the English lesson. So?
obamaisafake

Carmel, IN

#405 Dec 16, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
One thing is...a man wears a shoebomb onto an airplane, and everybody since, must take off their shoes, in order to board.....Yet, there have been 31 school shootings since Columbine, and we have changed virtually nothing....
Not necessarily. Many schools install metal detectors, have police and occasionally bring the dogs in. The costs for this kind of preventive action is minimal compared to securing every single school in this nation.

Parents should step up and contribute to their school's security protocol. Emotionally disabled children should NOT be mainstreamed. You are only going to see more and more killings at schools if something doesn't change.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#406 Dec 16, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
I find the James Madison quote a nice sentiment, but irrelevant to the conversation. Self-preservation does not imply that everyone have a firearm, especially the deranged.

Your interpretation of the second amendment is judgemental to say the least. It simply does not say what you are concluding.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#407 Dec 16, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
We have made more gun free zones and made violent video games more realistic.
The children weren't killed by a video game.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#408 Dec 16, 2012
obamaisafake wrote:
In the past, we kept them seperated from society...now they are mainstreamed
ummm.. putting your rant aside, this shooter was pulled from public school and his mother home schooled him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suspect in shooting rampage had been deported t... Oct '14 swizzler 1
Couple hurt in Kansas City rampage succumb to i... Sep '14 Black Pansters 3
Three fatal stabbing victims in Santa Barbara r... (May '14) Jun '14 N8 the Grrr8 39
Vegas rampage victims honored, eulogized as heroes (Jun '14) Jun '14 Yep2 32
Santa Barbara Rampage Victim's Family Hopes He ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 drive by media 1
Paul Ciancia, LAX shooting suspect, charged wit... (Nov '13) Nov '13 national whistleb... 2
Who is behind the Washington Navy Yard rampage? (Sep '13) Oct '13 chomikuj 16
More from around the web