Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in ele...

Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.

There are 1567 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left the gunman dead and at least one teacher wounded and sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#367 Dec 15, 2012
If schools provided armed security tomorrow then it would make a profound impact on prevention. A very REAL effect.

Compare that to what the leftists and their tools suggest - go after tens of millions of guns and attack their political opponents with a policy agenda and/or pass some laws that says bad people should not be able to carry a gun. Not to mention that they DO NOT suggest the security as prevention at all. It's all about the agenda and Americans are just "bumps in the road".
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#369 Dec 16, 2012
Village Mystery wrote:
<quoted text>
It's unbearable to look at those pictures or to try and consider what the parents and loved ones of those killed are going through.
Yet you have no problem with comments such as this being directed towards me. Or with those sadistic tyrants torturing me with their colon restriction devices.
When Do We Discuss Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Only one so warped, so twisted, so in love with what is truly such ignorant bullshit as religion that has clearly made left you with absolute shit for brains could muster such a truly ignorant statement.
What really needs to be done is to have ignorant pieces of shit like you castrated.
But I would prefer just two bullets fired directly into your head. Using a high powered rifle in your case as the explosion of shit once the bullets hit would be way too much if done close range.
You truly have an interchangeable mouth and asshole.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#370 Dec 16, 2012
...Anyone ever wonder, what the effect of these violent, gun shooting-type computer games, have on these young men? It would explain some of the desensitized behavior, they alway's display in these tragic incidents....
Voluntarist

United States

#371 Dec 16, 2012
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
The tax angle was just the legal technique used others could have been used as well. Don't be so nave. Roberts sided with the liberals to help balance out a court he knew was way off kilter.
And certain kinds of speech is banned. You can't yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater just as a joke. Lots of other similar "jokes" will get you in big trouble. Guns will never be banned - just made harder for sick people to get their hands on. And unalienable applies to many kinds of rights described in the Constitution but is most exemplified in the Declaration of Independence by the phrase; "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness" guns are not mentioned there.
Fire or any other word is not banned, you have to be responsible for your use of the word just like you are responsible for the use of a gun.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#372 Dec 16, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
"Among the heroic survivors of the Connecticut school shooting was a first-grade teacher who, after locking her students safely in a bathroom, told them she loved them in case those were the last words they ever heard."
I laugh when they try to make people look as if they were heros when we have no idea how things really happened.
They did the same thing on 9/11.
Don't people have the right to protect themselves from a tyrannical and oppressive government?
Perhaps torturing people with colon restriction devices should have repercussions.
Antidepressants violence

Saint Petersburg, FL

#373 Dec 16, 2012
Lets take a look at this. There are numerous examples of people who have gone off on a shooting rampage and killed their classmates, their co-workers, members of their family and often took their own lives, then it was shortly discovered that they were taking an antidepressant. The apparency is that the person was mentally ill and went on a rage but when these cases have actually been looked at closer, what we find is that the person did not have any violent tendencies and in most cases was not even suicidal before they started treatment with their antidepressant medication.

http://beforeitsnews.com/health/2012/07/mass-...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#374 Dec 16, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
...Anyone ever wonder, what the effect of these violent, gun shooting-type computer games, have on these young men? It would explain some of the desensitized behavior, they alway's display in these tragic incidents....
We rarely agree with you. But this post says it beautifully. Thanks for it

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#375 Dec 16, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that there is no such thing as an unalienable right.
more or less
Your right to free speach end with slander
you right to assemble end with incitment to riot
Your right to a speedy trial end in gitmo

When you abuse a right it gets taken away a felon surrenders his right to vote
You right to own a gun is recognized within the frame work of the common sense and law that has been handed down by the founders and by more than 200 yers of use judicial and legislative interpretations. Just like every oter right.
is your gun more sacred than my free speech pr right to assemble no
all rights have modifications to prevent abuse. lse wise you can not explain away the first sentence in the second."Well Regulated" sound like language ligitimizing all of the above
doesn't it
REM223

Bethany, CT

#376 Dec 16, 2012
We here in Connecticut have some of the toughest gun laws in the country. But if those laws are not enforced by our courts, then why have them. Here`s a law thats rarely enforced by our judges. Some years ago a law was enacted that anyone who uses a firearm in the commission of a crime gets a mandatory 5 year prison sentence just for the having the weapon, then additional prison time for the crime itself. I don`t think that this sentence has ever been imposed.

I worked for many years in a residential facility for youth 11 to 18 years old with boys charged with everything from trauncy to murder. Many of these boys were gang members, others had serious mental problems while others just had family and school issues. These boys were all housed together which in it`self was problematic. All were placed either by the Dept. of children and Families or Parole. Parole was the only agency who seemed to be really concerned and in constant communication our facility and with those under their care. DCF while there were a few good representatives, many didn`t give a damm. They rarely came to visit their clients and a number would not even return phone calls made by the boys or even the facility clinical dept. These boys felt abandoned which created problems with boys acting out destroying property or fighting with peers or staff. We used to have full control over the boys when I first started there but then DCF came in with new liberal policies which curbed searches and how we could deal with violent boys. The facility became in dealing with aggressive youth out of control. Staff were told that there was a hands off policy and staff refused to touch the boys for fear of losing their jobs, resulting in much damage being done to the facility. I could write a book on DCF but enough said for now.

Much is being said about video games, some has a lot of merit to it. We had boys who played the race car games a mojority of the time, but most played extremely graphic violent games which they either hid on the grounds with other contraband upon returning from a home visit, this was accomplished with their parents help. As all were searched and drug tested upon their return. The boys would really get hyped up playing these games and would devise their own scenerios for killing their enemies. There were fights and arguments sometimes over the results of a game. Staff did confiscate the violent videos when found during searches, but it was a never ending battle with some staff looking the other way instead of wanting a confrontation with the boys. Boys would rather play videos than go outside and play sports.

In essence I believe that there is a correlation with these videos and the increasing violence America is seeing from our youth. These are training classes for gang members and those who feel disenfranchised from society.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#377 Dec 16, 2012
One thing is...a man wears a shoebomb onto an airplane, and everybody since, must take off their shoes, in order to board.....Yet, there have been 31 school shootings since Columbine, and we have changed virtually nothing....

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#378 Dec 16, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
I own guns and believe in the second amendment. But tell me why someone need a clip that holds more than 10 rounds or armor piercing bullets.
In my opinion if we start taking these off the market, less of them will be accessible to be had to the criminals or nut jobs.
I believe in the right of an individual to protect himself and to provide for his family by hunting. I just don't see the reason why anyone needs a 30 to 100 round clip/drum.
Well if there were twelve individuals attacking you would understand.
NOTthechildren

Pottstown, PA

#379 Dec 16, 2012
Antidepressants violence wrote:
Lets take a look at this. There are numerous examples of people who have gone off on a shooting rampage and killed their classmates, their co-workers, members of their family and often took their own lives, then it was shortly discovered that they were taking an antidepressant. The apparency is that the person was mentally ill and went on a rage but when these cases have actually been looked at closer, what we find is that the person did not have any violent tendencies and in most cases was not even suicidal before they started treatment with their antidepressant medication.
http://beforeitsnews.com/health/2012/07/mass-...
There is already too much OVER treatment by the medical industry and the reactionary crowd want's more institutionalization. Teachers, parents and doctors are treating/medicating for baby sitting and a desired behavioral direction but NOT an actual disease or condition. The treatment and attitude creates these monsters.

But most recently I saw a report where every emotion is now considered a 'condition'

http://www.naturalnews.com/038322_DSM-5_psych... WTF

Besides job security and money for the health care industry this will wind up being just another excuse for lazy, misguided and incompetent parents & teachers.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#380 Dec 16, 2012
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> The chief justice is another new world order hack that showed his true colors when all of us needed him. Just another institution to not trust anymore. Why you pure progressives are bitter I don't know. The end result is you will get what you want. Then you will get what you wrought. By your hands. These tragic events have happened in in our history. But at much less levels then we see the last few decades. You know, when the political correctness, diversity, feminism and the rest was instituted into laws and then when achieved your leaders went into overdrive like some drug induced junkies with an endless line of credit. Perhaps you should look what changes we made in our culture before you blame anyone else who did nothing wrong except follow the right to have protection.
You say we progressives are bitter, recently we have been giddy.
listen to your own rant. You loose a case in front of ussc and the Chief Justice suddenly becomes part of some evil conspiriacy and the court can't be trusted
your rant about your fellow Americans shows your bitterness
REM223

Bethany, CT

#382 Dec 16, 2012
Heres a little something to ponder when considering the mental state and the obesity in America.

I do believe that there is a correlation between all the growth hormones and antibiotics in our food supply, especially in meat when it comes to obesity. I was raised on a farm and we would by a 3 day old calf and raise him for 18 months before we slaugtered him for food. The beef tasted great. I could eat hamburgers all the time they tasted great unlike todays meat which tastes like crap, rarely eat it anymore, even ground up a chuck roast to make up my own hamburger was better but now where as good as the past. Folks 40 and over would know what I`m talking about. Now they pump them up with drugs growth hormones and slaughter them in 9 months, no or lousy flavor unless you loaded it up with more chemicals when cooking.

I wonder if all these chemicals in our food supply is in fact a source for the increased mental problems we face today. Along with the drug Ritilen that has be given out in schools like candy since the late 80`s or 90`s and we see the long term effects of it for the last 10 years or so.
serfs up

Melbourne, FL

#383 Dec 16, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
You say we progressives are bitter, recently we have been giddy.
listen to your own rant. You loose a case in front of ussc and the Chief Justice suddenly becomes part of some evil conspiriacy and the court can't be trusted
your rant about your fellow Americans shows your bitterness
I'm sorry. I am torn betwen having hope in a corrupted two party system and a system controlled by others leading us to nastiness. As we continue this odyssey, someone or some group will be blamed and suffer worse then others as the tyranny experienced by other nations in history becomes our way of life. If it is not the Christian end times then there will be a boomerang on many who live progressive lives as we get poorer. So if I sound bitter it is because the reality to me is a depraved nation in a world full of gloom. And oh yeah, this gunman is a result of fifty years of progressive policies and not so called fright wing gun lovers. So living in a nation where neighbor will kill neighbor at some point, and neighbor will sell out neighbor, makes me despondent. And you mean nothing to me with that decision as you can see the advancement of police state tactics in living color on the internet if you want.
TheTruthWillEmer ge

United States

#384 Dec 16, 2012
This devastating incident has shocked the whole world and yet we are supposed to believe that these type of crimes are just extremely happening all of a sudden out of nowhere!...I hope and pray our own govenment is not behind this just to make this repeal the 2nd Amendment because there's too much pointing at Gun Control like never before these days...I could never imagine what it would be like to own a gun, but I respect those who use them to protect us from the Evil doers out there in the world...God help us if the government had anyhthing to do with these crimes involving innocent lives, innocent children and teachers...this does not make any sense and right now only God knows what evil is lurking to take away our freedoms and our way of life...God Bless the victims and their family/friends who need our love and support nation-wide, most importantly, our constant prayers for desperate healing...Also, "Forgivness" is a virtue and we are not hearing much about it in the media or elsewhere...Christ forgave us for our sins and we must also forgive others, otherwise, we allow ourselves to let evil get the best of us...We as a strong nation, USA must not give in to the devil ever...We must be strong and help keep America strong and free.
Voluntarist

United States

#385 Dec 16, 2012
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
more or less
Your right to free speach end with slander
you right to assemble end with incitment to riot
Your right to a speedy trial end in gitmo
When you abuse a right it gets taken away a felon surrenders his right to vote
You right to own a gun is recognized within the frame work of the common sense and law that has been handed down by the founders and by more than 200 yers of use judicial and legislative interpretations. Just like every oter right.
is your gun more sacred than my free speech pr right to assemble no
all rights have modifications to prevent abuse. lse wise you can not explain away the first sentence in the second."Well Regulated" sound like language ligitimizing all of the above
doesn't it
So then you believe in limiting rights are you sure that you wouldn't rather live in a Communist country?
TruthWillEmerge

United States

#386 Dec 16, 2012
Let's keep praying for healing in our great nation, USA, to come and stay with us more now than ever before bcause the devil is working 24/7 to destroy, and we need to keep praying and praying for God to help heal our nation in distress and don't doubt God will hear our prayers, especially with more and more of us praying daily and reading God's Word daily...At this moment my prayers go out to the victims and their friends/family...We love them and God Bless them always!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#387 Dec 16, 2012
REM223 wrote:
In essence I believe that there is a correlation with these videos and the increasing violence America is seeing from our youth.
Gosh.

I feel there is a stronger correlation between the availability of assault weapons - such as the one used by the shooting - then computer games.

So as far as priorities go, I would put between the availability of assault weapons - such as the one used by the shooting - then computer games.

And that the hold that special rights groups- such as the NRA- have over state legislatures has to end.

The day before this happened, Michigan passed a law legalizing the carrying of weapons into schools.

The majority of Americans are FED UP WITH THIS CR&P!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#388 Dec 16, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Well if there were twelve individuals attacking you would understand.
Right.

And if there were a hundred attacking you, you would need a belt fed BAR.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA cops fatally shoot man near CNN Hollywood af... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Pessimistic1 7
More from around the web