Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in ele...

Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.

There are 1567 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left the gunman dead and at least one teacher wounded and sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

zef

Los Angeles, CA

#279 Dec 15, 2012
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe mom had issues as well - Newtown-Sandy Hook CT.- was not long ago on a short list of "safest towns" in the entire nation. WTF was she so heavily armed for? And nobody would have known better than her how bad things were for her own son. Yes there should be some laws that extend some protection into that sort of situation.
No laws extend protection to the victims that are tortured with colon restriction devices. Hopeless puppets that exist only for the amusement of the sadistic tyrants in charge of america.
Remeron

Saint Petersburg, FL

#282 Dec 15, 2012
Shooter Eric Harris was taking the antidepressant Luvox at the time he and Dylan Klebold opened fire at Columbine High School, killing 12 students and a teacher and wounding 26 others before killing themselves. At least one public report exists of a friend of Klebold who witnessed Klebold taking the antidepressants Paxil and Zoloft and urged him to come off them. Officially, Klebold’s medical records remain sealed.

Luvox, Paxil and Zoloft are in a class of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Among the international regulatory agencies issuing warnings on these antidepressants, the FDA issued a Public Health Advisory in 2004 warning that “anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, insomnia, irritability, hostility, impulsivity, akathisia [severe restlessness], hypomania [abnormal excitement] and mania [psychosis characterized by exalted feelings, delusions of grandeur and overproduction of ideas] have been reported in adult and pediatric patients being treated with antidepressants.”(For further information on international studies and warnings about antidepressants, go to CCHR International’s psychiatric drug side effects search engine.)

Luvox, Paxil and other antidepressants also made the top 10 list of violence-inducing prescription drugs in a report from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices, which was based on data from the FDA’s Adverse Event Reporting System (see “Study Reveals Top Ten Violence-Inducing Prescription Drugs [– Eight Are Psychiatric Drugs]”).

Dr. Ann Blake Tracy, executive director of the International Coalition for Drug Awareness and author of Prozac: Panacea or Pandora?– Our Serotonin Nightmare, is an expert consultant in cases like Columbine in which antidepressants are involved.

http://psychiatricfraud.org/2011/04/the-real-...
Psych drugged violent kid

Saint Petersburg, FL

#283 Dec 15, 2012
Shooter Eric Harris was taking the antidepressant Luvox at the time he and Dylan Klebold opened fire at Columbine High School, killing 12 students and a teacher and wounding 26 others before killing themselves. At least one public report exists of a friend of Klebold who witnessed Klebold taking the antidepressants Paxil and Zoloft and urged him to come off them. Officially, Klebold’s medical records remain sealed.

http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-Adam-Lanza-ps...
NOTthechildren

Pottstown, PA

#284 Dec 15, 2012
I saw where there child abusing mass murder Adam Lanza was a nerd I guess you say. Was a member of a tech club and hung with the smarter guys. If he didnt go to college or get a job I see problems already. He looks like a skinny butted nerd too. Perhaps that's why dressing up in paramilitary gear made him feel like brave man although still a cowardly boy. But why the children???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22487...

I've saw a report one saying there is nothing worse than adult/former prodigy.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#285 Dec 15, 2012
voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
An individual right, see Heller, BTW the Connecticut constitution guarantees the same individual right.
I disagree. Elsewhere in the Constitution, the phrase "the people" (the same phrase used in the second amendment) clearly refers to Americans collectively(e.g. Article I, Section 2). In the Preamble itself, "the people" are again referred to in the collective sense.

With respect to "militias", it is useful to read how a militia is described in Article I, Section 8.

As I interpret these examples, I believe they support my position on the second amendment.
OH YEAH

United States

#286 Dec 15, 2012
Liberals celebrate 28 abortions.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#287 Dec 15, 2012
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe mom had issues as well - Newtown-Sandy Hook CT.- was not long ago on a short list of "safest towns" in the entire nation. WTF was she so heavily armed for? And nobody would have known better than her how bad things were for her own son. Yes there should be some laws that extend some protection into that sort of situation.
And just what would those laws be?

For the record, I'm not opposed to sensible restrictions on weapons, but every time something like this happens the first thing people want to do is take all the guns away from law abiding citizens, thinking that will solve the problem.

Tragic as this shooting was, I am NOT going to give up my constitutional rights because some whacko flipped out.

“CRACK A SMILE”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#288 Dec 15, 2012
Guns cause violence like flies cause garbage like forks cause obesity.
Voluntarist

United States

#289 Dec 15, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. Elsewhere in the Constitution, the phrase "the people" (the same phrase used in the second amendment) clearly refers to Americans collectively(e.g. Article I, Section 2). In the Preamble itself, "the people" are again referred to in the collective sense.
With respect to "militias", it is useful to read how a militia is described in Article I, Section 8.
As I interpret these examples, I believe they support my position on the second amendment.
regardless of your opinion of the us constitution, the Connecticut constitution reaffirms the individual right.
Voluntarist

United States

#290 Dec 15, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. Elsewhere in the Constitution, the phrase "the people" (the same phrase used in the second amendment) clearly refers to Americans collectively(e.g. Article I, Section 2). In the Preamble itself, "the people" are again referred to in the collective sense.
Using your same logic the fourth amendment would only apply to groups of people.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#291 Dec 15, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And just what would those laws be?
For the record, I'm not opposed to sensible restrictions on weapons, but every time something like this happens the first thing people want to do is take all the guns away from law abiding citizens, thinking that will solve the problem.
Tragic as this shooting was, I am NOT going to give up my constitutional rights because some whacko flipped out.
I 100% agree

Location hidden

#292 Dec 15, 2012
OH YEAH wrote:
Liberals celebrate 28 abortions.
If only you were one of them.

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#293 Dec 15, 2012
Errol wrote:
In Australia it took just one incident (one too many I might add) for our government to take action. Wake up America! To all those who continue to argue against stronger control. If one of the victims was your child would you have a different opinion? Sadly we appear to live in a very selfish world!
No thanks!
You belong to your government now.
We are keeping our guns.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#294 Dec 15, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the latest reports the shooter got the guns from his mom. So how would background checks have helped?
There are 33,000 firearm deaths a year.

NEXT!

Location hidden

#295 Dec 15, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Or would you deny a gun to anyone who has a family member or friend or neighbor with a criminal record?
Start with denying sales to the guy with the criminal record a gun.

What else you got?

Location hidden

#296 Dec 15, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Using your same logic the fourth amendment would only apply to groups of people.
I think your are wrong, for two reasons:

1- The reference in the fourth amendment refers to people being secure in their PERSONS.

2- Again, in the fourth amendment, "people" is spelled with a lower case first p. When the reference is to the people collectively, "People" is spelled with a capital P. This strikes me as no accident.

Location hidden

#297 Dec 15, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and it will go nowhere, just like after every mass shooting.
The twenty mass shootings the US has, on average, a year?

I think this will be different. The American citizen is just fed up with the NRA and its fellow travelers crying about reasonable laws that protect our wives and neighbors and children and their financial hold on Congress.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#298 Dec 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said she didn't?
Who said she didn't play football for the N.Y Giants?

Location hidden

#299 Dec 15, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
regardless of your opinion of the us constitution, the Connecticut constitution reaffirms the individual right.
The Connecticut constitution does not reaffirm the right to go into a school and kill children.

Look for the backlash and push back on NRA special rights legislation.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#300 Dec 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 33,000 firearm deaths a year.
NEXT!

There are millions of natural deaths each year so try answering the question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect in shooting rampage had been deported t... (Oct '14) Oct '14 swizzler 1
News Couple hurt in Kansas City rampage succumb to i... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Black Pansters 3
News Three fatal stabbing victims in Santa Barbara r... (May '14) Jun '14 N8 the Grrr8 39
News Vegas rampage victims honored, eulogized as heroes (Jun '14) Jun '14 Yep2 32
More from around the web