Connecticut School Shooting Update: O...

Connecticut School Shooting Update: One gunman dead, one teacher injured at elementary school

There are 217 comments on the CBS News story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Connecticut School Shooting Update: One gunman dead, one teacher injured at elementary school. In it, CBS News reports that:

NEWTOWN, Conn. - A law enforcement source tells CBS News that one gunman is dead at the scene of a shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Gluteus Maximus

United States

#221 Dec 17, 2012
Der Beobachter wrote:
<quoted text>So What are you saying that Only law abiding people Shoot up Schools and theaters???????
No. I'm saying that if the ownership of "assault" weapons is restricted or banned altogether, the few such weapons that slip through tyhe system and fall into the hands of criminals probably won't be used to slaughter 5-year-olds at school in broad daylight.

Until someone can offer a logical argument for private ownership of military grade weapons I will argue for a ban on such ownership.

“I'm Watching YOU”

Since: Jan 09

Ft. Lewis WA

#222 Dec 17, 2012
Gluteus Maximus wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I'm saying that if the ownership of "assault" weapons is restricted or banned altogether, the few such weapons that slip through tyhe system and fall into the hands of criminals probably won't be used to slaughter 5-year-olds at school in broad daylight.
Until someone can offer a logical argument for private ownership of military grade weapons I will argue for a ban on such ownership.
Can you even accurately define a "Military Grade Firearm"? Most people think it is the Hollywood version, I'm betting you are one of them
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#224 Dec 17, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
whats a bad gun?
I have had a gun on my night stand for 10 yrs its never hurt anyone
A bad gun is the one that you find on a stool in the corner facing the wall.:)
NOTthechildren

Pottstown, PA

#225 Dec 17, 2012
The original post/story is 2 hours old from the original shooting. But what happend to a possible second shooter in the woods surrounding the school. The headline reads ...one teacher ONE GUNMAN...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-575592...

http://www.naturalnews.com/038352_school_shoo...

You mean to tell me there are hunting regulations that require you stay so many feet or miles away from a school building or any structure for that matter?

Did they check the van or car the child killer Adam Lanza came in for unknown prints? How about the magazines and shell casings?-finger print check? This problem child actually had a drivers license?

Could the ramage been a cover-up for something like a child porn ring? This might explain the smashed computer. Is that why child killer Adam Lanza chose that school, someone there involved?

I don't quite get the rush to Hoeboken NJ either or taking his brother away in handcuffs. I can see questioning him but handcuff him right away? And both the brother and father seemed more worried about their butts than the rampage. I don't believe the police are that sloppy with their facts or didn't have a good idea of what happend.
You R Trash

Huntsville, AL

#227 Dec 17, 2012
KMathis wrote:
Most of these kids were delinquents... trash-talking, snot-nosed brats. These kids were 5, 6 years old, so they led pretty full lives. It's not like they were gonna live forever anyway...
Its people like you who should be reported or commited.What a ugly person you are
BaddaBoom

Keyport, NJ

#228 Dec 17, 2012
Gluteus Maximus wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I'm saying that if the ownership of "assault" weapons is restricted or banned altogether, the few such weapons that slip through tyhe system and fall into the hands of criminals probably won't be used to slaughter 5-year-olds at school in broad daylight.
Until someone can offer a logical argument for private ownership of military grade weapons I will argue for a ban on such ownership.
The weapons is/was not military grade. It was a semi-auto rifle in the AR platform. AR meaning Armalite Rifle (not assault rifle).

"Assault Rifle" was a legal term coined by the anti-gun lobby.

"Assault Rifles" account for 0.0175% of all gun related deaths. This is a witch hunt on a platform of rifle that is used in the citizenry today for hunting and competition. This tidbit will likely go over the majority of your heads, but at least someone tried to educate you.

Weapons and Mental Illness make for a bad combo. Let's never forget the victims in this tragedy. Let's never forget the thousands that have died for our liberties.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#231 Dec 17, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
A bad gun is the one that you find on a stool in the corner facing the wall.:)
amen well said
So sad

Littleton, CO

#232 Dec 17, 2012
KMathis wrote:
Most of these kids were delinquents... trash-talking, snot-nosed brats. These kids were 5, 6 years old, so they led pretty full lives. It's not like they were gonna live forever anyway...
you are reprensible and the worse imaginable misfortune should befall you. You are a piece of scum and should not be able to share the world with the lowest scum imaginable.
rider

Marquette, MI

#233 Dec 17, 2012
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turner_DiariesCache ...- Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
The Turner Diaries is a novel written in 1978 by William Luther Pierce (former leader of the white nationalist organization National Alliance) under the ...
Black Helicopters are coming, LMFAO!
rider

Marquette, MI

#235 Dec 17, 2012
LMFAO! Black helicopters are coming. The Turner DiariesFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search The Turner Diaries

Author(s) William Luther Pierce (pseudonym Andrew Macdonald)
Country United States
Language English
Series 1978
Genre(s) Fiction
Publisher National Vanguard Books
Publication date 1978

The Turner Diaries is a novel written in 1978 by William Luther Pierce (former leader of the white nationalist organization National Alliance) under the pseudonym "Andrew Macdonald".[1] The Turner Diaries depicts a violent revolution in the United States which leads to the overthrow of the United States federal government, nuclear war, and, ultimately, to a race war leading to the extermination of all "impure" groups such as Jews, gay people, and non-whites.[2] The book was called "explicitly racist and anti-Semitic" by The New York Times and has been labeled a "bible of the racist right" by the Southern Poverty Law Center.[3][4]

The novel has been associated with a number of real-life violent crimes committed by white separatists and other radicals. Two pages of the book containing a scene depicting preparation for the bombing of the J. Edgar Hoover Building, the FBI national headquarters, were found in the getaway car of Timothy McVeigh, the perpetrator of the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995.[5][6]

The narrative starts with a foreword set in 2099, one hundred years after the events depicted in the book. The bulk of the book then quotes a recently discovered diary of a man named Earl Turner, an active member of the white Aryan revolutionary movement that caused these events. The book details a violent overthrow of the United States federal government by Turner and his militant comrades and a brutal contemporaneous race war that takes place first in North America, and then the rest of the world.

The story starts soon after the federal government has confiscated all civilian firearms in the country under the fictional Cohen Act, and the Organization to which Turner and his cohorts belong goes underground and engages in guerrilla war against the System, which is depicted as the totality of the government, media, and economy that is under left-wing Jewish control.
Crazy f--king rightwingers!
Concerned citizen

United States

#236 Dec 17, 2012
I understand there is a gun problem in America and something does need to be done but I do not believe banning any type of fire arm is the answer I understand the things that have happen in the past few months are terrible tragedies by no doubt and every one wants stricker gun laws and the banning of certain fire arms but my question is how come Americans don't get this outraged and demand stricker laws when little children get molested I think that's a bigger problem than guns and it happens every day just saying.
rider

Marquette, MI

#237 Dec 17, 2012
Concerned citizen wrote:
I understand there is a gun problem in America and something does need to be done but I do not believe banning any type of fire arm is the answer I understand the things that have happen in the past few months are terrible tragedies by no doubt and every one wants stricker gun laws and the banning of certain fire arms but my question is how come Americans don't get this outraged and demand stricker laws when little children get molested I think that's a bigger problem than guns and it happens every day just saying.
you tell me! jhaines6.wordpress.com/.../is-penn-state-pedo...
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Aug 13, 2012 IS PENN STATE PEDOPHILIA TIED TO FRANKLIN COVERUP?... report, helped cover up Jerry Sandusky's pedophile crimes, turns up with a ...
rider

Marquette, MI

#238 Dec 17, 2012
jhaines6.wordpress.com/.../is-penn-state-pedo...
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Aug 13, 2012 IS PENN STATE PEDOPHILIA TIED TO FRANKLIN COVERUP?... report, helped cover up Jerry Sandusky's pedophile crimes, turns up with a ...
rider

Marquette, MI

#239 Dec 17, 2012
www.youtube.com/watch...
Feb 1, 2012 - Uploaded by BdeanSonsofLiberty
Penn State Scandal, Jerry Sandusky, and the Boys Town Franklin ... The Franklin Cover-Up - John DeCamp ...
Anonymous

Whittier, CA

#243 Dec 17, 2012
KMathis wrote:
Most of these kids were delinquents... trash-talking, snot-nosed brats. These kids were 5, 6 years old, so they led pretty full lives. It's not like they were gonna live forever anyway...
I didn't know them. But I find it hard to believe each was as wonderful as their parents want to believe they were.

I see plenty of spoiled little turds at Target every weekend, who have no manners and their parents don't care. I'm sure at least 25% of the kids killed in this incident were similar.

Does that mean they deserved to die? Of course not. Don't be an idiot.

But don't pretend they were all angels. For all we know, one of them may have grown up to be an even worse mass murderer than Adam Lanza. We'll never know.
Proccw

Warrenton, MO

#244 Dec 17, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
whats an assault rifle?
are they different then what the Government will use against you?
you anti gun creeps, are truly something
Blame the weapon, instead of the person...typical liberal thinking
WOW!!!!
Wouldnt any Rifel fired at you be an assault rifel?
Proccw

Warrenton, MO

#245 Dec 17, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know them. But I find it hard to believe each was as wonderful as their parents want to believe they were.
I see plenty of spoiled little turds at Target every weekend, who have no manners and their parents don't care. I'm sure at least 25% of the kids killed in this incident were similar.
Does that mean they deserved to die? Of course not. Don't be an idiot.
But don't pretend they were all angels. For all we know, one of them may have grown up to be an even worse mass murderer than Adam Lanza. We'll never know.
Im sure your mother is very proud.
early

New Hope, VA

#246 Dec 17, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know them. But I find it hard to believe each was as wonderful as their parents want to believe they were.

I see plenty of spoiled little turds at Target every weekend, who have no manners and their parents don't care. I'm sure at least 25% of the kids killed in this incident were similar.

Does that mean they deserved to die? Of course not. Don't be an idiot.

But don't pretend they were all angels. For all we know, one of them may have grown up to be an even worse mass murderer than Adam Lanza. We'll never know.
All the babies are Angels and deserve to rest in peace. He was a monster all children will be children but at the end of the day they are a blessing and loved by may god bless them. Mine is a turd as you so nicely put it but at the end of the day he is my baby a gift from god and I would give him my last breath but you my friend at the the end if the day for you disrespect to theses babies I would not piss on you if you were on fire Shame on u
Gluteus Maximus

United States

#247 Dec 18, 2012
BaddaBoom wrote:
<quoted text>
The weapons is/was not military grade. It was a semi-auto rifle in the AR platform. AR meaning Armalite Rifle (not assault rifle).
"Assault Rifle" was a legal term coined by the anti-gun lobby.
"Assault Rifles" account for 0.0175% of all gun related deaths. This is a witch hunt on a platform of rifle that is used in the citizenry today for hunting and competition. This tidbit will likely go over the majority of your heads, but at least someone tried to educate you.
Weapons and Mental Illness make for a bad combo. Let's never forget the victims in this tragedy. Let's never forget the thousands that have died for our liberties.
Please explain to me why a private citizen needs to own an automatic or semi-automatic anything. Certainly not for hunting. And, as for home protection a good old fashioned shotgun is the best choice. They're easy to use and its impossible to miss a human target in the close quarters of one's home. Competition? Big deal. Cork bats, too-light golf clubs and steroids are banned from competition, why not automatic weapons?

Oh, and by the way... I am a hunter. Remington 870 and Marlin 30/30 owner.

PS: Ease up on the insults. You're not as bright as you think you are.
Gluteus Maximus

United States

#248 Dec 18, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know them. But I find it hard to believe each was as wonderful as their parents want to believe they were.
I see plenty of spoiled little turds at Target every weekend, who have no manners and their parents don't care. I'm sure at least 25% of the kids killed in this incident were similar.
Does that mean they deserved to die? Of course not. Don't be an idiot.
But don't pretend they were all angels. For all we know, one of them may have grown up to be an even worse mass murderer than Adam Lanza. We'll never know.
The only spolied little turd here is you. Too bad you didn't catch a stray bullet last Friday and save the world from your imbecility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA cops fatally shoot man near CNN Hollywood af... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Pessimistic1 7
More from around the web