Connecticut School Shooting Update: O...

Connecticut School Shooting Update: One gunman dead, one teacher injured at elementary school

There are 217 comments on the CBS News story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Connecticut School Shooting Update: One gunman dead, one teacher injured at elementary school. In it, CBS News reports that:

NEWTOWN, Conn. - A law enforcement source tells CBS News that one gunman is dead at the scene of a shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Gluteus Maximus

United States

#197 Dec 17, 2012
Biff wrote:
If there's a silver lining in all this it's that in this bad economy the affected parents won't need to buy any more Christmas gifts.
Jackass.

“I'm Watching YOU”

Since: Jan 09

Ft. Lewis WA

#199 Dec 17, 2012
I own guns wrote:
<quoted text>
How about if you use a gun to commit a crime you get 20 years minimum in prison. If you use a gun to take a life you get the death penalty. Carried out within 6 months. Not 16 years. I'm all for that. I don't plan on committing any crimes with my guns. Now what?
The biggest problem I have with the "Stricter Gun Control" is they NEVER talk about Stricter CRIME control. instead they want to Penalize to people that are law abiding and blame them for the criminals acts. They want to make it illegal to own guns, It is already illegal Kill someone yet they still do it. there are tens of thousands of gun laws on the books how has it worked so far. So let make more useless anti-gun laws so we can “SAY” we are making a difference. Criminals will never stop breaking laws
downhill246

Delray Beach, FL

#200 Dec 17, 2012
ptboat527 wrote:
great info. let's put it on the banned list!
<quoted text>
Okay we will put it on your banned list along with rocks, baseball bats and bikes without training wheels.

“I'm Watching YOU”

Ft. Lewis WA

#201 Dec 17, 2012
REST IN PEACE

Charlotte Bacon, 6

Daniel Barden, 7

Rachel Davino, 29

Olivia Engel, 6

Josephine Gay, 7

Ana Marquez-Greene, 6

Dylan Hockley, 6

Dawn Hochsprung, 47

Madeleine Hsu, 6

Catherine Hubbard, 6

Chase Kowalski, 7

Jesse Lewis, 6

James Mattioli, 6

Grace McDonnell, 7

Anne Marie Murphy, 52

Emilie Parker, 6

Jack Pinto, 6

Noah Pozner, 6

Caroline Previdi, 6

Jessica Rekos, 6

Avielle Richman, 6

Lauren Rousseau, 30

Mary Sherlach, 56

Victoria Soto, 27

Benjamin Wheeler, 6

Allison Wyatt, 6

Since: Dec 12

Chisago City, MN

#202 Dec 17, 2012
Der Beobachter wrote:
<quoted text>The biggest problem I have with the "Stricter Gun Control" is they NEVER talk about Stricter CRIME control. instead they want to Penalize to people that are law abiding and blame them for the criminals acts. They want to make it illegal to own guns, It is already illegal Kill someone yet they still do it. there are tens of thousands of gun laws on the books how has it worked so far. So let make more useless anti-gun laws so we can “SAY” we are making a difference. Criminals will never stop breaking laws
How do you have stricter crime control over someone that kills them self after the crime?
John Richmond

Lepanto, AR

#203 Dec 17, 2012
Iam not from CT Iam from Arkansas but me like everyone else has heard about this. Look it should not come as a surprise I mean afterall 99% of people of all ages listen to, watch, talk and act like garbage. Think about it the movies and stuff people watch on tv, that gangster rap garbage, and that redneck country music, and that rock and metal. People glorify violence in that stuff and then go out and picks fights with anyone that they think they can show their ass to and get by with is so no wonder stuff like this happens. As long as this society keeps its mind in the gutter stuff like this will happen so in a weird way I don't think anybody has any right to complain about this.

“I'm Watching YOU”

Ft. Lewis WA

#204 Dec 17, 2012
AndyM138 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you have stricter crime control over someone that kills them self after the crime?
Let me ask You something. How do you make ALL the guns go away?

Chisago City, MN

#205 Dec 17, 2012
I hope people who think they will be safer by keeping multiple guns in their home will consider how well that worked out for Nancy Lanza.

Chisago City, MN

#206 Dec 17, 2012
Der Beobachter wrote:
<quoted text>Let me ask You something. How do you make ALL the guns go away?
You don't make all the guns go away. You put restrictions on the kind of guns the civilian population can have.

“I'm Watching YOU”

Ft. Lewis WA

#207 Dec 17, 2012
AndyM138 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't make all the guns go away. You put restrictions on the kind of guns the civilian population can have.
And What percentage of criminals and mentally deranged individuals will abide by these new laws??

“I'm Watching YOU”

Ft. Lewis WA

#208 Dec 17, 2012
How do you get the "BAD" guns to go away??

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#209 Dec 17, 2012
Der Beobachter wrote:
How do you get the "BAD" guns to go away??
whats a bad gun?

I have had a gun on my night stand for 10 yrs its never hurt anyone

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#210 Dec 17, 2012
AndyM138 wrote:
<quoted text>
ask yourself what will the tyranical government going to use against you
Gluteus Maximus

United States

#211 Dec 17, 2012
Der Beobachter wrote:
<quoted text>And What percentage of criminals and mentally deranged individuals will abide by these new laws??
Criminals will not abide by the law (that's why we call them criminals) but guess what? Criminals typically don't wish to attract the attention of law enforcement by shooting up schools and movie theaters either. They shoot other criminals so who gives a damn? As for mentally deranged folks, well, you can't get back the military style weapons that are already out there but you sure as heck can stop any more from finding their way into the general public.

Let me ask you something. Do you think people should be able to drive F1 race cars 190mph on the highway and if not, why?

Chisago City, MN

#212 Dec 17, 2012
Der Beobachter wrote:
<quoted text>And What percentage of criminals and mentally deranged individuals will abide by these new laws??
The guns used in Newtown were bought legally. Are you suggesting if these guns were illegal that that mother would have gone out and got them on the black market?
Gluteus Maximus

United States

#213 Dec 17, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
ask yourself what will the tyranical government going to use against you
Wild guess here but I'll go with the TSA, electronic eavesdropping, confiscatory taxes and policing of thought. Actually, since these things are already happening daily it's not much of wild guess after all. Still, your argument is weak because "the government" is powerless to do what you fear w/o the military. It assumes an all-volunteer military will suddenly turn on the citizenry overnight with no advance indication. Heck, most of our troops are stationed overseas. Ever wonder why?

“I'm Watching YOU”

Ft. Lewis WA

#214 Dec 17, 2012
AndyM138 wrote:
<quoted text>
The guns used in Newtown were bought legally. Are you suggesting if these guns were illegal that that mother would have gone out and got them on the black market?
The shooter obtained the guns illegally. Or are you disputing that??

“I'm Watching YOU”

Ft. Lewis WA

#215 Dec 17, 2012
Gluteus Maximus wrote:
<quoted text>
Criminals will not abide by the law (that's why we call them criminals) but guess what? Criminals typically don't wish to attract the attention of law enforcement by shooting up schools and movie theaters either. They shoot other criminals so who gives a damn? As for mentally deranged folks, well, you can't get back the military style weapons that are already out there but you sure as heck can stop any more from finding their way into the general public.
Let me ask you something. Do you think people should be able to drive F1 race cars 190mph on the highway and if not, why?
So What are you saying that Only law abiding people Shoot up Schools and theaters???????

“I'm Watching YOU”

Ft. Lewis WA

#216 Dec 17, 2012
Gluteus Maximus wrote:
<quoted text>
BY the way your post name fits you just fine. If criminals only killed other criminals I would be fine with that. and would even donate ammo, BUT criminals DO kill innocents ALL the time. And some do it for the notoriety so people will always remember them. which is why the media should never release their names, the murderer should just be thrown in a hole and forgot about. NO ONE should be able to right books about them. Or make movies about them

Chisago City, MN

#218 Dec 17, 2012
Der Beobachter wrote:
<quoted text>BY the way your post name fits you just fine. If criminals only killed other criminals I would be fine with that. and would even donate ammo, BUT criminals DO kill innocents ALL the time. And some do it for the notoriety so people will always remember them. which is why the media should never release their names, the murderer should just be thrown in a hole and forgot about. NO ONE should be able to right books about them. Or make movies about them
How do you think Adam Lanza is enjoying all of his notoriety right now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect in shooting rampage had been deported t... (Oct '14) Oct '14 swizzler 1
News Couple hurt in Kansas City rampage succumb to i... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Black Pansters 3
News Three fatal stabbing victims in Santa Barbara r... (May '14) Jun '14 N8 the Grrr8 39
News Vegas rampage victims honored, eulogized as heroes (Jun '14) Jun '14 Yep2 32
More from around the web