Connecticut School Shooting Update: One gunman dead, one teacher injured at elementary school

Full story: CBS News 217
NEWTOWN, Conn. - A law enforcement source tells CBS News that one gunman is dead at the scene of a shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday morning. Full Story
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
me1190

Philadelphia, PA

#285 Dec 18, 2012
KMathis wrote:
Most of these kids were delinquents... trash-talking, snot-nosed brats. These kids were 5, 6 years old, so they led pretty full lives. It's not like they were gonna live forever anyway...
Something is mentally wrong with you! First of all don't go ranting on here about this horrible shooting that took little innocent lives! Secondly don't talk about something you don't know about just to get some kicks, you will look like an a$$ in the end. None of these kids were 5, so maybe you should shut up, because it seems as if you didn't even watch the news or read the paper at all. You just pushed a whole bunch of sh!t out your a$$ and wrote it on here.
So sad

Littleton, CO

#287 Dec 18, 2012
KMathis wrote:
<quoted text>
What does "reprensible" mean? Did you mean "reprehensible"? Report back after you pass a literacy exam. I'm a piece of scum and shouldn't be able to share the world with the lowest scum imaginable. That doesn't really make sense. Which is it? I'm a piece of scum? Or I shouldn't be able to share the world with the lowest scum imaginable. Does that make me unimaginable? I guess not. You really don't make a whole lot of sense. Check your emotions... try to think out what you're trying to say.. and that maybe it might come out as something other than unintelligible. Your anger is misplaced. I'm not the one who killed the kids.
wow, aren't you just so special. Somehow I highly doubt that a tear would be shed by anyone should a madman's bullet find its way to your pathetic excuse for a brain.
me1190

Philadelphia, PA

#288 Dec 18, 2012
So sad wrote:
<quoted text>wow, aren't you just so special. Somehow I highly doubt that a tear would be shed by anyone should a madman's bullet find its way to your pathetic excuse for a brain.
Well said
Anonymous

La Habra, CA

#289 Dec 18, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all you have? The other troll was funnier
LOL! A moron would think I was trying to be funny, but no.
ocxz

Saint-denis, Reunion

#290 Dec 19, 2012
Ban guns.
Gun owners are sissies.
rider

Marquette, MI

#296 Dec 19, 2012
www.youtube.com/watch...
May 6, 2008 - Uploaded by freedommv1
NBC's Tom Brokaw in a 1989 TV news report on the infamous Washington Times Story; June 29, 1989 ...
figured it out

Thomasville, NC

#297 Dec 19, 2012
CASE IS SOLVED READ ON: Adam had loved guns and anything that went boom! This is the case with 80% of people with aspergers. No wonder this kid wanted a M-16 for christmas when he was 4. Pointing his finger at a gun used on his favorite video game, Mrs lanza probably bought the gun for him, as with anything else he wanted in an effort to soothe him. What drew the line for adam, was when he found out his mother was going to have him committed to an institution. Although adam didn't speak much, didn't mean that he wasn't listening. Mrs Lanza in my opinion, probably had the guns stored away, but adam was extremely smart, and could tell the numbers of the 10 digit combination, just the listening to the sounds of the buttons she pressed. His life was over, no matter what. Adam destroyed the computer, not because there was anything on it incriminating, but only because he figured: "If you don't want to know anything about me when Im alive, im not going to let you know anything about me when im gone" Lanza wore a mask to hide his identity from his victims, didn't want to give them the pleasure of knowing who killed them. If Mrs. Laza had a petition going to have him committed, maybe the people at the school signed off of it, perhaps being why he killed the princible. Their names was on the petition. The kids were murdered because they was the ones that had contact with Mrs. Lanza and probably enjoyed her company, where in adam was jealous. All this is just my speculation, but its starting to fit together for me.
NOTthechildren

Bryn Mawr, PA

#300 Dec 19, 2012
figured it out wrote:
CASE IS SOLVED READ ON: Adam had loved guns and anything that went boom! This is the case with 80% of people with aspergers. No wonder this kid wanted a M-16 for christmas when he was 4. Pointing his finger at a gun used on his favorite video game, Mrs lanza probably bought the gun for him, as with anything else he wanted in an effort to soothe him. What drew the line for adam, was when he found out his mother was going to have him committed to an institution. Although adam didn't speak much, didn't mean that he wasn't listening. Mrs Lanza in my opinion, probably had the guns stored away, but adam was extremely smart, and could tell the numbers of the 10 digit combination, just the listening to the sounds of the buttons she pressed. His life was over, no matter what. Adam destroyed the computer, not because there was anything on it incriminating, but only because he figured: "If you don't want to know anything about me when Im alive, im not going to let you know anything about me when im gone" Lanza wore a mask to hide his identity from his victims, didn't want to give them the pleasure of knowing who killed them. If Mrs. Laza had a petition going to have him committed, maybe the people at the school signed off of it, perhaps being why he killed the princible. Their names was on the petition. The kids were murdered because they was the ones that had contact with Mrs. Lanza and probably enjoyed her company, where in adam was jealous. All this is just my speculation, but its starting to fit together for me.
Not sure about everything but I do agree child killer Adam Lanza may have figured out a combination or found a key. Although it is not definatively known how the guns were stored. I'm wondered if he killed his mom with a .22 then looked for the other weapons. His mom shot 4 times in the face in pajamas. Guns in the bedroom? Is that why she killed as much as anything?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/19/nyregion/la...
figured it out

Thomasville, NC

#304 Dec 19, 2012
Oh no, the .22 is the gun of choice. The .22 long rifle would not have made much noise, compaired to the .223 or 9mm's. I figure the safe was open, he had access to all the weapons, grabbed the quietest (.22) killed mom and headed to school. He surely didn't wan't the neighbors calling police before he made it to the school.
Seattle Slew

Minneapolis, MN

#305 Dec 19, 2012
figured it out wrote:
Adam was bullied at school, mom pulled him at some point and home schooled him.

Adam may have wanted to get even with the perfect kids at school who represented those who bullied him and whom mom loved more than he.

IF mom was having him commited it may have been the last straw in his painfull life. He was on Fanapt for multiple personality disorder. The diagnosis was correct drugs didn't work so well.
figured it out

Thomasville, NC

#307 Dec 19, 2012
well personally, I would like to say, gun control is exactly the problem! Every teacher, as a requirement, now should be required to have training in firearmes and be packin heat. Aim for the head.
figured it out

Thomasville, NC

#308 Dec 19, 2012
Adam would have been bullied in school, although not many people who knew him in school would not admit it. I feel alot of frustration being a problem for him. I have heard in the meadia, that he had to take the time to load the clips, possibly loading more than 500 rounds into clips one by one, then tapeing them together so they can be flipped upside down for another handy 30 rounds. This is called jungle tapeing, you can google that. Adam definatly planned this attack for atleast over a period of time, or he waited till the last few days of his homelife ended and he went off to the hospital. In the media Nancy stated that she was losing him, and that he failed to hug her. Who would want to hug the person that wants to send you off to an instatution
ocxz

Saint-denis, Reunion

#311 Dec 19, 2012
Ban guns.
Seattle Slew

Minneapolis, MN

#312 Dec 19, 2012
figured it out wrote:
Adam would have been bullied in school, although not many people who knew him in school would not admit it. I feel alot of frustration being a problem for him. I have heard in the meadia, that he had to take the time to load the clips, possibly loading more than 500 rounds into clips one by one, then tapeing them together so they can be flipped upside down for another handy 30 rounds. This is called jungle tapeing, you can google that. Adam definatly planned this attack for atleast over a period of time, or he waited till the last few days of his homelife ended and he went off to the hospital. In the media Nancy stated that she was losing him, and that he failed to hug her. Who would want to hug the person that wants to send you off to an instatution
While in the military I learned you can shoot about 80 - 100 continous rounds through an M16/AR15 before it gets so hot you can't hold it. Combat troops would have an extra rifle or 2 handy for use if needed, they were needed at times. Human waves had to be stopped.

Since: Dec 12

Lindstrom, MN

#313 Dec 19, 2012
figured it out wrote:
well personally, I would like to say, gun control is exactly the problem! Every teacher, as a requirement, now should be required to have training in firearmes and be packin heat. Aim for the head.
Thankfully your view is not widely shared especially among teachers.
CountryRoadsGirl

Annapolis, MD

#315 Dec 19, 2012
I am so very sorry.
figured it out

Thomasville, NC

#319 Dec 19, 2012
anyone that plays call of duty, knows that method. its common knowlege

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suspect in shooting rampage had been deported t... Oct '14 swizzler 1
Couple hurt in Kansas City rampage succumb to i... Sep '14 Black Pansters 3
Three fatal stabbing victims in Santa Barbara r... (May '14) Jun '14 N8 the Grrr8 39
Vegas rampage victims honored, eulogized as heroes Jun '14 Yep2 32
Santa Barbara Rampage Victim's Family Hopes He ... Jun '14 drive by media 1
Paul Ciancia, LAX shooting suspect, charged wit... (Nov '13) Nov '13 national whistleb... 2
Who is behind the Washington Navy Yard rampage? (Sep '13) Oct '13 chomikuj 16

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE