Connecticut School Shooting Update: O...

Connecticut School Shooting Update: One gunman dead, one teacher injured at elementary school

There are 217 comments on the CBS News story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Connecticut School Shooting Update: One gunman dead, one teacher injured at elementary school. In it, CBS News reports that:

NEWTOWN, Conn. - A law enforcement source tells CBS News that one gunman is dead at the scene of a shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Gluteus Maximus

United States

#249 Dec 18, 2012
Proccw wrote:
<quoted text>Im sure your mother is very proud.
His mother is in prison serving time for prostitution.

“I'm Watching YOU”

Since: Jan 09

Ft. Lewis WA

#250 Dec 18, 2012
Gluteus Maximus wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain to me why a private citizen needs to own an automatic or semi-automatic anything. Certainly not for hunting. And, as for home protection a good old fashioned shotgun is the best choice. They're easy to use and its impossible to miss a human target in the close quarters of one's home. Competition? Big deal. Cork bats, too-light golf clubs and steroids are banned from competition, why not automatic weapons?
Oh, and by the way... I am a hunter. Remington 870 and Marlin 30/30 owner.
PS: Ease up on the insults. You're not as bright as you think you are.
Other than on a TV show can you show me a State that allows "Automatic" weapons for hunting or competition. The sale of "AUTOMATIC" assault weapons IS highly regulated (covered by NFA 1934 and 1968) by the government already.

Since: Dec 12

Chisago City, MN

#252 Dec 18, 2012
Der Beobachter wrote:
<quoted text>Other than on a TV show can you show me a State that allows "Automatic" weapons for hunting or competition. The sale of "AUTOMATIC" assault weapons IS highly regulated (covered by NFA 1934 and 1968) by the government already.
I have to agree with you on that one.
Gluteus Maximus

United States

#253 Dec 18, 2012
Der Beobachter wrote:
<quoted text>Other than on a TV show can you show me a State that allows "Automatic" weapons for hunting or competition. The sale of "AUTOMATIC" assault weapons IS highly regulated (covered by NFA 1934 and 1968) by the government already.
You need to re-read post #228. I didn't bring this up, that poster did.

Chisago City, MN

#254 Dec 18, 2012
My question now is why would Nancy Lanza feel she needed to stock pile weapons and food?

“I'm Watching YOU”

Since: Jan 09

Ft. Lewis WA

#255 Dec 18, 2012
AndyM138 wrote:
My question now is why would Nancy Lanza feel she needed to stock pile weapons and food?
She was probably a fan of doomsday preppers or she was afraid of her son. By The way,I think she has some blame in this Problem also she knew he was a nut case and did little to stop it

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#256 Dec 18, 2012
AndyM138 wrote:
she worked for a government related agency, maybe she knew something that we do not hey?

Chisago City, MN

#257 Dec 18, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>she worked for a government related agency, maybe she knew something that we do not hey?
I believe she worked as a stock broker.
well

Jonesville, VA

#258 Dec 18, 2012
I am amazed and disappointed at this thread :(

Chisago City, MN

#259 Dec 18, 2012
Der Beobachter wrote:
<quoted text>She was probably a fan of doomsday preppers or she was afraid of her son. By The way,I think she has some blame in this Problem also she knew he was a nut case and did little to stop it
I agree she had some blame in this. It seems she may get forgotten about in the discussion though.
Jim

Port Orange, FL

#260 Dec 18, 2012
Why did she have that kind of ammo..if she was just a target shooter at a range...you do not need the kind of ammo that is used for killing people.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#265 Dec 18, 2012
Gluteus Maximus wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain to me why a private citizen needs to own an automatic or semi-automatic anything. Certainly not for hunting. And, as for home protection a good old fashioned shotgun is the best choice. They're easy to use and its impossible to miss a human target in the close quarters of one's home. Competition? Big deal. Cork bats, too-light golf clubs and steroids are banned from competition, why not automatic weapons?
I have a 9 mm semi-automatic pistol loaded with jacketed hollow point bullets. I like this gun. It is my normal conceal carry pistol. I practice with it regularly, so I hit what I am aiming at. My 9 mm holds 8 rounds. I keep it cleaned and maintained so it does not jam. There is actually little to no difference in the firing rate of this gun and a revolver. In a semi-automatic, when you pull the trigger it ejects the spent round and loads a new round. You are ready to shoot again. With a revolver, you pull the trigger and as you pull the trigger, the cylinder revolves to a new chamber and then fires the just loaded round. After this process, you are ready-just like with the semi-auto- to fire the next round. I like my 9 mm. It is black. It is an intimidating looking weapon. That is why I keep it for self protection. I am older and cannot defend myself against younger (unarmed) individuals or against multiple individuals. The good thing about an intimidating looking gun is that it often intimidates a criminal to the point where they leave and no gun is fired. http://rense.com/general76/univ.htm NOw are far as the jacketed hollow point rounds that I use, they expand inside someone instead of going all the way through. That way you do not have to worry about over penetration and killing your neighbors. I also have a shotgun, but that is difficult to conceal carry because of it's size. Additionally, it is not as accurate as a handgun. I do not need to use a shotgun and spray and pray and hope I hit something. With time spent on the range, I have good accuracy with my weapon. I am not out to save the world with my gun and would not think of detaining someone who had stolen a car or who had just committed a crime (no matter how bad) and was leaving the scene. I carry for my own personal protection. By the way, just because you do not wish anyone to be able to use a semi-automatic weapon does not mean that your wish will come true.
NOTthechildren

Pottstown, PA

#266 Dec 18, 2012
Question for the board.

Can anyone reference a news source that tells wether the child killer Adam Lanza used a 100 round drum magazine or taped 30 round clips together.

100 round drum magazine or 30 round clip? Im seeing conflicting reports on this and can't seem to find a definative answer.

Thanks

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#270 Dec 18, 2012
AdamLanzaVaccineVictim wrote:
<quoted text> Your a true American Hero. Woops misspelled zero.
Spoken like a true Canadian. Guess logic must have failed you because you used name calling as a rebuttal instead of discussing the points I brought up.
NOTthechildren

Pottstown, PA

#274 Dec 18, 2012
Did the mom have her guns locked up? Was there even an used lock or safe in the house? Was a room storing them normally locked?

Somethings still don't sound right with a mom supposedly on the verge of committing her son and yet other than aspergers the child killer Adam Lanza has no other condition or mental illness?
need pics

France

#275 Dec 18, 2012
Have lots of money.

Can anyone post pictures of the dead kids with their brains blown all over the classroom floor ?

Will anyone be auctioning off any of the dead kids cloths, books covered in blood, of body parts ?

Adam is a hero, reducing global warming by reducing the number of people, thanks Adam.
downhill246

Pompano Beach, FL

#276 Dec 18, 2012
Gluteus Maximus wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh great, can you just see that 90lb, 77 year old granny firing a Mossberg Defender 12 gauge shotgun at an armed intruder?
Probably dislocate her shoulder in the process and if she happens to have her back by the front window she may end up flat on her back on the sidewalk,
In addition, carrying a shotgun concealed in public is rather perplexing to say the least, especially in south Florida.
Now I am of the opinion if someone with a semi auto handgun with a 15 round magazine wants to use deadly force against me or those near and dear to me I should at least have equal fire power.
need pics

France

#280 Dec 18, 2012
Do you have any tapes of the screams when the hot lead entered their brains ?

Those blood curdling screams will be good for Halloween.

Chisago City, MN

#283 Dec 18, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe they were in a safe. Maybe he held a knife to her throat and made her open it.
She was shot in the head four times. In bed in her pajamas. She was most likely asleep at the time. My guess would be she kept one of the guns in a night stand and he shot her to get to the rest of the guns.
Anonymous

Pico Rivera, CA

#284 Dec 18, 2012
early wrote:
<quoted text>
All the babies are Angels and deserve to rest in peace. He was a monster all children will be children but at the end of the day they are a blessing and loved by may god bless them. Mine is a turd as you so nicely put it but at the end of the day he is my baby a gift from god and I would give him my last breath but you my friend at the the end if the day for you disrespect to theses babies I would not piss on you if you were on fire Shame on u
LOL!! Yes, your kids are obviously little shits. I don't care if you wouldn't piss on me, nor do I care what any other person who cried about my original post would do. You were obviously raised to be little bitches.

Hopefully, each your kids and the other crybaby's will die before procreating.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA cops fatally shoot man near CNN Hollywood af... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Pessimistic1 7
More from around the web