Connecticut School Shooting Update: O...

Connecticut School Shooting Update: One gunman dead, one teacher injured at elementary school

There are 217 comments on the CBS News story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Connecticut School Shooting Update: One gunman dead, one teacher injured at elementary school. In it, CBS News reports that:

NEWTOWN, Conn. - A law enforcement source tells CBS News that one gunman is dead at the scene of a shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Gluteus Maximus

United States

#1 Dec 14, 2012
Save the anti-gun rants for later. Now is the time to help this community however you can.

Since: Mar 08

Fremont, CA

#2 Dec 14, 2012
No way!

NRA, your days of the right to bear assault rifles are short indeed!

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#3 Dec 14, 2012
ptboat527 wrote:
No way!
NRA, your days of the right to bear assault rifles are short indeed!
whats an assault rifle?

are they different then what the Government will use against you?

you anti gun creeps, are truly something

Blame the weapon, instead of the person...typical liberal thinking

WOW!!!!

Judged:

14

10

7

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
wondering

North Ridgeville, OH

#4 Dec 14, 2012
They are still looking for the other shooter everyone be safe.

Since: Mar 08

Fremont, CA

#5 Dec 14, 2012
How about a gun that can fire multiple rounds per minute or sec...sold to individuals without any psychological testing first? Call the items in question assault weapons. How many such items have to be sold to the public before the call comes in to arm everyone in the country...just to ensure their safety from such whackos?

Give us whackos with a clip of six shots at a time or a bolt-action rifle and our underpaid police forces can certainly deal with the situation without such dire consequences.

The right to bear assault weapons...not my solution...and thankfully a growing majority of our elected officials.
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
whats an assault rifle?
are they different then what the Government will use against you?
you anti gun creeps, are truly something
Blame the weapon, instead of the person...typical liberal thinking
WOW!!!!
NOTthechildren

Pottstown, PA

#7 Dec 14, 2012
There is snapping, cracking, going bonkers, having a nervous breakdown etc. BUT, big but there are simply certain lines you don't cross even in war. Killing kids IS one of those lines you simply do NOT cross. I don't care who your beef is with.

That being said anytime one of these mass murderers(even the phrase shooter or gunman gives too much respect & credit) kills a child the term child abuser needs to immediately attached their name. CHILD ABUSER/MURDERER. No going down in a blaze of glory. No infamy. No records in a mass murder record book. They shouldn't even use the term suicide by cop it should be justified shooting by police of a derranged worthless coward.

As far as I am concerned this is a CHILD ABUSER/mass murderer and NOT someone who snapped or had mental issues. Remember this is an act of a worthless cowardly malfunctioning CHILD ABUSER/mass murderer.

This is the work of a CHILD ABUSER/mass murderer.

“I'm Watching YOU”

Since: Jan 09

Ft. Lewis WA

#8 Dec 14, 2012
The sickest thing about this is the anti-gun people That Live for terrible things like this to happen so they can blame the NRA. My condolences to the families involved. and I hope they put a noose around the second guy they pulled out in cuffs
NOTthechildren

Pottstown, PA

#9 Dec 14, 2012
Apparently this is very wealthy community. Everytime I see a story on Conneticut I get the impression Conneticut is the home of white collar trash. After hurricane Sandy there were alot of allegations about corruption that probably hindered the clean-up. I thought I read alot of Wall Street types live there as well.

Early reports have a 20 year dressed up in paramilitary fashion. To outfit yourself like a soldier or swat officer takes money. Especially as a 20 year old.

“I'm Watching YOU”

Since: Jan 09

Ft. Lewis WA

#10 Dec 14, 2012
ptboat527 wrote:
How about a gun that can fire multiple rounds per minute or sec...sold to individuals without any psychological testing first? Call the items in question assault weapons. How many such items have to be sold to the public before the call comes in to arm everyone in the country...just to ensure their safety from such whackos?
Give us whackos with a clip of six shots at a time or a bolt-action rifle and our underpaid police forces can certainly deal with the situation without such dire consequences.
The right to bear assault weapons...not my solution...and thankfully a growing majority of our elected officials.
<quoted text>
Talking out your sphincter I see you have no clue on what the idiot was shooting yet you claim it was an assault weapon, You have no idea What a real assault weapon is, Just what the Liberals consider it to be.

You are a Sicker individual than the shooter because you want things like this to happen just so you can rag on law abiding gun owners

Since: Dec 12

Chisago City, MN

#11 Dec 14, 2012
Der Beobachter wrote:
The sickest thing about this is the anti-gun people That Live for terrible things like this to happen so they can blame the NRA. My condolences to the families involved. and I hope they put a noose around the second guy they pulled out in cuffs
You think anti-gun people Live for things like this to happen? You have it completely backwards my friend.
NOTthechildren

Pottstown, PA

#12 Dec 14, 2012
Der Beobachter wrote:
The sickest thing about this is the anti-gun people That Live for terrible things like this to happen so they can blame the NRA. My condolences to the families involved. and I hope they put a noose around the second guy they pulled out in cuffs
My condolences as well. The children-RIP. Sad, sad sad!

Gun was the method used. Just like too much alcohol and a vehicle allowed a drunk driver to kill. It's not about banning anyTHING because that's what they are THINGS.
NOTthechildren

Pottstown, PA

#13 Dec 14, 2012
AndyM138 wrote:
<quoted text>
You think anti-gun people Live for things like this to happen? You have it completely backwards my friend.
No but if an anti-gun person watches too much certain cable tv news channels or talk radio it's almost a conditioned response.

Since: Dec 12

Chisago City, MN

#16 Dec 14, 2012
Patriot wrote:
It does not take long for liberals to use the death of children for political gain.

----

Israelis armed their teachers to protect children - why did we disarm ours?
People that are for tighter gun control wish for these things to stop happening. If the NRA supporters have a better way to do that I would like to hear it.
18 Kids Killed

Fairmont, WV

#17 Dec 14, 2012
NOTthechildren wrote:
<quoted text>
My condolences as well. The children-RIP. Sad, sad sad!
Gun was the method used. Just like too much alcohol and a vehicle allowed a drunk driver to kill. It's not about banning anyTHING because that's what they are THINGS.
Guns are designed solely for one purpose. Shut up with the tired rhetoric that you people put up every shooting. We need stricter gun laws. Anyone that isn't sick in the head will agree.
18 Kids Killed

Fairmont, WV

#18 Dec 14, 2012
Gluteus Maximus wrote:
Save the anti-gun rants for later. Now is the time to help this community however you can.
That is what you say after every god damn tragedy. No more. We need to talk about it and now!
Wondering

Cathedral City, CA

#20 Dec 14, 2012
Ryan shot and killed his Mother. She was a teacher at Sandy Hook School. Ryan also shot and killed his brother at his home. Horrific Day! Pray for the families!
Ky girl

Franklin, TN

#21 Dec 14, 2012
ptboat527 wrote:
No way!
NRA, your days of the right to bear assault rifles are short indeed!
No. I'm not a member of the NRA and I disagree. People will always own guns.
Ky girl

Franklin, TN

#26 Dec 14, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Ryan shot and killed his Mother. She was a teacher at Sandy Hook School. Ryan also shot and killed his brother at his home. Horrific Day! Pray for the families!
Ryan is the older brother. He did nothing. The shooter was Adam Lanza.....
Ky girl

Franklin, TN

#27 Dec 14, 2012
I own guns wrote:
<quoted text>
How about if you use a gun to commit a crime you get 20 years minimum in prison. If you use a gun to take a life you get the death penalty. Carried out within 6 months. Not 16 years. I'm all for that. I don't plan on committing any crimes with my guns. Now what?
This shooter killed himself, the shooter at the mall killed himself, the Columbine killers shot themselves......Punishment is not even a deterrent for those who don't commit suicide. The people are mentally ill.....they don't think rationally.
A Parent

Williamsburg, KY

#28 Dec 14, 2012
You can't blame the weapon, you can't blame the insane person, blame the lack of security measures that schools should have in place. Maybe if he wasn't allowed in the school since he wasn't staff or wasn't allowed to visit anyone. Maybe if NOBODY was allowed in the school except staff during school hours for ANY reason and maybe if he wasn't allowed past the front doors or office then maybe it could have been prevented. Schools are just to lenient these days with people coming in. No one should have any reason to enter a school during hours, the staff or kid should have to come to the front if necessary. My heart goes out to everyone. What a sad time were living in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect in shooting rampage had been deported t... (Oct '14) Oct '14 swizzler 1
News Couple hurt in Kansas City rampage succumb to i... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Black Pansters 3
More from around the web