28 dead in Conn. rampage

28 dead in Conn. rampage

There are 221 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 15, 2012, titled 28 dead in Conn. rampage. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

This time, the shooter killed 27 people, including his elementary-schoolteacher mother, her principal and 20 children, most of them kindergartners.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#206 Dec 17, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Where are the Presidential tears for the 10, and 12 year old children killed in Obama's old neighborhood in Chicago? What a phony.
That will be the lead story on page 107 of the NYT'S.
Mad as hell

Jamaica, NY

#207 Dec 17, 2012
Why are the Chicken hawks at ABC news radio and Fox bogus news try to cover up the Fact that Nancy Lanza was an advert Tea party “Republican” member who Follows the morons likes of Ann Coulter, Monica Crowley, and Ted Nugent etc’s: Destructive message. Who’s Ex -husband Peter Lanza Who is an multi million dollar Executive at General Electric who used her Ex-Husbands clot at G.E. to obtain those Deadly Weapons who Then Taught her mentally I’ll Son adam to kill. Is it the fact that they are trying to cover up there own incompetent image?

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/50ce...
Prince Velveeta

Fort Plain, NY

#208 Dec 17, 2012
Sandy Hook IN BATMAN movie!!!! Another reference to a MASS SHOOTING!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Libor scandal grows as the fathers of two mass murderers were to testify
http://www.examiner.com/article/libor-scandal ...
who's film company made the latest Batman movie? Philip Anschutz. who owns the Anschutz medical facility in Aurora where Batman shooter James Holmes was a student? Philip Anschutz... Who paid Holmes's tuition fees? Philip Anschutz. Who owns the Cinema chain where the Batman shootings took place ? Philip Anschutz. Who was accused & named in Holmes's court hearing as the person who set-up Holmes? Philip Anschutz. Who Employed Michael jacksons doctor? Philip Anschutz. Who made a fortune from MJ's death? Philip Anschutz. Who controls most of the Entertainments industry? Philip Anschutz. Who has been accused of making satanic movies like " the chronicles of narnia" with help from Disney? Philip Anschutz. Who owns much of the sporting industry? Philip Anschutz. Who is the most powerful media mogul Billionaire who nobody really ever heard of before? Philip Anschutz. Who is Philip Anschutz?

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#209 Dec 17, 2012
Mad as hell wrote:
Why are the Chicken hawks at ABC news radio and Fox bogus news try to cover up the Fact that Nancy Lanza was an advert Tea party “Republican” member who Follows the morons likes of Ann Coulter, Monica Crowley, and Ted Nugent etc’s: Destructive message. Who’s Ex -husband Peter Lanza Who is an multi million dollar Executive at General Electric who used her Ex-Husbands clot at G.E. to obtain those Deadly Weapons who Then Taught her mentally I’ll Son adam to kill. Is it the fact that they are trying to cover up there own incompetent image?
Because it's a lie.
Cat74

United States

#210 Dec 17, 2012
Maybe they aren't reporting Nancy's ties to Republicans, because she was a card carrying Democrat. A Union member,and a liberal fundraiser.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#211 Dec 17, 2012
Plague wrote:
<quoted text>
Ye thats good and proper until your relaxed laws makes you complacent and you leave that assault rifle in your cupboard next to your bed and you teenage son going through depression walks in and easily pulls it out and goes on a rampage...!
again .. it all comes down to ease of getting these weapons as to why you need them to defend yourself in the first place.....if a petty house thief can pay 150 for a gun its cheap and easy..in australia a petty thief cant afford nor can legally buy a semi nor auto....and the ones which can are into high level organized crime and dont target homes for cheap goods.. its the decay in society which forces you to have these weapons for self defence...and ye I agree..its to far gone to change that now in your country so go ahead and blast yoursleves..
I do not have a teenage son. I live alone.

Location hidden

#212 Dec 17, 2012
Mad as hell wrote:
Really????
Being a tea party activist has NOTHING to do with the fact that her son killed her and then killed 26 other people before he killed himself. Nor does the fact that her husband works at GE. Those guns are readily available and are legal to buy. They do not require any kind of special paperwork. It is not like she had fully automatic weapons in the house. As far as her son goes-the actions that he did are incomprehensible. I felt anguish for the families and the community when I first read about it. We do not know why he did what he did, but there are police working on it. Repeating unsubstantiated rumors as truth is just attention seeking on your part. Using the mother's supposed political viewpoint as grounds to trounce on people who do not think like you do is pretty much loathsome. Now in case you think I am a tea party member-I voted for Obama. I am a gun owner with a conceal carry permit. I hunt and fish and keep guns around the house for protection. I consider myself to be a centrist politically, agreeing with some things the Republicans say and also agreeing with some things the Democrats say.

Location hidden

#213 Dec 17, 2012
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true. It 'is' easy to buy loose guns. That's one of the things which needs changing. Our laws are so inefficient and guns are so easy to get by criminals that even the criminals and drug cartels in bordering nations (Mexico) are getting their guns from us (America).
We already have some strict gun laws that call for lots of prison time for offenders who use guns or people who are not allowed to have guns but possess them anyways. We need to enforce those laws an punish those offenders, not punish the law abiding citizens of this country.

Here is another story of mass murder being committed with guns:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/03/n...
Oh wait- those people did NOT have guns. They just had machetes and killed hundreds of people with them. Looks like gun control works REAL well there.

Location hidden

#214 Dec 17, 2012
No need for a gun here, not when you can beat a child to death and hack up your girlfriend with a machete
http://www.examiner.com/article/man-beat-baby...
NRA for life

Hollywood, FL

#215 Dec 17, 2012
This is a tragedy but we need to tell teachers that they must be well armed and ready to engage when they go to school.

Police can not protect everyone so the school must take teachers to shooting ranges and pay for their license to carry.

A criminal can be stopped by armed and well organized teachers.

It doesn't take more than a few hours to teach them how to shoot and provide basic cover for each other as they engage any armed person who attempts to do the students harm.

School faculty must be ready and able to defend the school.
Cat74

United States

#217 Dec 17, 2012
Connecticut has very strict gun laws. Democrats don't want stricter gun laws They want your guns.
Besara

Omaha, NE

#221 Jan 4, 2013
CitizenX wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the stupidity of the delusional.
Excellent self-diagnosis. Will you be self-medicating too?
Besara

Omaha, NE

#222 Jan 4, 2013
Eagle wrote:
Following are silly and illogical arguments I heard.
1) Cars kill people, can we ban them too ?( but cars are mainly for transport, accidents do happen).
2) It is in the constitution ( how old was it, 200+ years ?)
3) USA gun killing rate is 3 times that of UK ( how about the killing rate of children, is it 3 times too ?)
After 9/11 lot of rules and regulations changed, same things has to happen for gun laws too.
100s of years back, thiefs were given death penatly, is it same now ?
Times have changed, law has to change.
You only need gun to shoot back, if nobody has the gun, you don't need one.
BS. A gun levels the playing field for the weak and defenseless against a stronger threat.
The rest of your post is typical drivel expected from an Ausshole.
Besara

Omaha, NE

#223 Jan 4, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
The NRA assumption of reducing gun violence by putting even more loose guns out onto the streets is the dumbest thing that could ever be said. I cannot believe anyone listens to it.
That's because the NRA never said it. You did.
___Jenny___ wrote:
All the guns that are being manufactured each day ..... where do people think they are going? A normal homeowner or hunter only buys a few guns in their life ..... but the criminal element?
Really? Got proof? ALL of the guns are going to criminals?
___Jenny___ wrote:
That's where the gun companies make the largest part of their money.
Really? So gun companies make more money when their dealers sell them to criminals rather than law-abiding gun owners? Got proof?
You're high on hyperbole and short on logic, common sense and truth.
no more drugs

Edmonton, Canada

#224 Jan 4, 2013
Prince Velveeta wrote:
Sandy Hook IN BATMAN movie!!!! Another reference to a MASS SHOOTING!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Libor scandal grows as the fathers of two mass murderers were to testify
http://www.examiner.com/article/libor-scandal ...
who's film company made the latest Batman movie? Philip Anschutz. who owns the Anschutz medical facility in Aurora where Batman shooter James Holmes was a student? Philip Anschutz... Who paid Holmes's tuition fees? Philip Anschutz. Who owns the Cinema chain where the Batman shootings took place ? Philip Anschutz. Who was accused & named in Holmes's court hearing as the person who set-up Holmes? Philip Anschutz. Who Employed Michael jacksons doctor? Philip Anschutz. Who made a fortune from MJ's death? Philip Anschutz. Who controls most of the Entertainments industry? Philip Anschutz. Who has been accused of making satanic movies like " the chronicles of narnia" with help from Disney? Philip Anschutz. Who owns much of the sporting industry? Philip Anschutz. Who is the most powerful media mogul Billionaire who nobody really ever heard of before? Philip Anschutz. Who is Philip Anschutz?
WOW... I looked at his bio and see that he and his wife donated huge $$$$$ to a university that the medical lab was named after them... the pharmacy department....!!!!!!

I wonder if any drug companies will be listed in the law suit that will follow for this massacre? Smame thing, really..

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#226 Jan 4, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
No one is attempting to take guns away from normal gun owners or restrict our right to protect ourselves with lethal force. Neither party is.
What this is about is finding a way to reduce gun violence (things like the school shooting), to better recognize mentally unstable people, and reduce the ease of which criminals are obtaining guns.
The NRA assumption of reducing gun violence by putting even more loose guns out onto the streets is the dumbest thing that could ever be said. I cannot believe anyone listens to it.
All the guns that are being manufactured each day ..... where do people think they are going? A normal homeowner or hunter only buys a few guns in their life ..... but the criminal element? That's where the gun companies make the largest part of their money.
Our system concerning gun violence isn't working. We need to change to one that does work.
Btw, withing 24 hours of the school shooting another small child was killed by a nutcase with an AK-47. It happened in Alabama. He also shot a police officer before SWAT killed him.
"Child killed, others wounded in Ala. shooting"
http://www.gadsdentimes.com/article/20121215/...
I am an American living in Mexico.

It took me years and close to 10K USD in fees and lawyers to get a permit to carry a gun here.....

Possession of a military style gun is minimum 15 years in prison...
Did you hear about the US marine that tried to declair a old shot gun he was bringing into Mexico and because it was too short he could have done 15 years?
http://www.nationalreview.com/the-feed/335148... #

But here in Mexico where all guns are illegal we have more guns per person that in the USA and far more gun crime.......

A ak47 can be bought here on the streets for about 500 dollars.
The Bush master liberals want to ban is over 1k dollars........Ban the bush master and you will have AKs

We have factories here in a small house that can make 100 guns a day from scrap and junk metal.
Millions of guns are made in Mexico and south American every year........

How many tons of Cocaine come into the USA every year???

Raise the price of guns in the USA and more of these here will flood the market.....

No gun law will ever prevent even one shooting........Period
hmm

Georgetown, KY

#227 Jan 4, 2013
I find it very odd that none of the posters on this thread are from Newtown, CT. I came here to see what the people of Newtown are saying about this event thinking that this forum would be buzzing but instead it's eerily silent.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#228 Jan 4, 2013
democrats plan to take your guns away through the U.N.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#229 Jan 5, 2013
Vance1 wrote:
I believe our constitutional law trumps UN law at present.

Location hidden

#230 Jan 5, 2013
Vance1 wrote:
Won't happen. The UN will not trump our Constitutional rights. Let's call it OUR version of diplomatic immunity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gunman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA cops fatally shoot man near CNN Hollywood af... Feb '17 Pessimistic1 7
More from around the web