Gay marriage before Supreme Court? Cases weighed

Nov 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Northern Michigan News

Three weeks after voters backed same-sex marriage in three states and defeated a ban in a fourth, the justices are meeting Friday to decide whether they should deal sooner rather than later with the claim that the Constitution gives people the right to marry regardless of sexual orientation.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Republicans could care less who anybody marries.
This whole fake fight is ridiculous.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

10

7

7

There is no fundamental right to same-sex marriage because same-sex marriage is contrary to the fundamental design of society.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Ninthman wrote:
Republicans could care less who anybody marries.
This whole fake fight is ridiculous.
Really?

Is that why every Republican candidate opposed allowing same-sex couples to marry?? Is that why the overwhelming majority of those voters who identified as Republicans voted against allowing same-sex couples to marry in the recent votes in Maine, Maryland, & Washington???

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

9

7

7

JrEsq wrote:
There is no fundamental right to same-sex marriage because same-sex marriage is contrary to the fundamental design of society.
Your fellow bigots said the same thing about inter-racial marriages.
DEJ

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

6

JrEsq wrote:
There is no fundamental right to same-sex marriage because same-sex marriage is contrary to the fundamental design of society.
Who makes up 'society'? People.
Who changes 'society'? People.
Does 'society' ever change? Yes.
Has 'society' improved over the years? Yes.
Do we still burn witches? No.
Join the new millenium!
Roselia

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

6

Republicans/conservatives typically agree that the government should keep out of peoples' lives; yet, why do they welcome government's role in deciding who can marry whom?
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

7

6

6

JrEsq wrote:
There is no fundamental right to same-sex marriage because same-sex marriage is contrary to the fundamental design of society.
Who determines the fundamental design of society? Hopefully not fundietards like you!!

“Liberalism”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 30, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

4

USA exist, and became super-power, because always was base and was example of liberalism.

Liberalism mean that every human is free to do everything(except to take the freedom of others), and all citizens need be completely equal.

So, USA need to give full rights to gay-humans.
old Skool

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 1, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Gay marriage is wrong and you all know it. Stop bending the bible around your lives to try and make yourselves feel better. If God wanted men to lay with men then some men would have ovaries and could reproduce. Sex is for reproduction but society has let it evolve into do it with who ever whenever it feels good. All I'm saying is that this Gay marriage or civil unions should be the last thing we need to worry about right now. People out of work, losing homes, no jobs in rural america.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 1, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

old Skool wrote:
Gay marriage is wrong and you all know it. Stop bending the bible around your lives to try and make yourselves feel better. If God wanted men to lay with men then some men would have ovaries and could reproduce. Sex is for reproduction but society has let it evolve into do it with who ever whenever it feels good. All I'm saying is that this Gay marriage or civil unions should be the last thing we need to worry about right now. People out of work, losing homes, no jobs in rural america.
Your bible has no control over my life, nor the government.

Some of those people out of work & losing their homes are gays & lesbians who've been fired just because they're gay, or are at a financial disadvantage because they don't receive the same benefits as every other married couple.

But I guess you're not worried about THOSE unemployed or homeless.....
NOH8

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 2, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

homosexuality is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>Gays could care less who anybody marries.
This whole fake fight is ridiculous, and only a mask, so gays can get adoption rights and access to children so they can abuse children.
Your statment "Access to children so they can abuse children" is based on what exactly? Is it facts? Or your ignorance about the gay community? Or is it a way to scare people? This differnece is when gay couples are parents it is not by accident they do it becuase they want to provide a loving home for a child with no love.
Jill

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

The republicans lost the presidency because of the TALABAN-GELICALS. Their anti gay anti women agenda that has hijacked their party is alienating them from the mainstream. They even supported that nasty senator candidate from Misouri and the other nutcase from Indiana both of which lost.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

old Skool wrote:
Gay marriage is wrong and you all know it.......
Falling in love, forming commitments, marrying, and forming families are "wrong"?

Why?

Can you explain why it's GOOD for straight people to do this, but bad for gay people to do the exact same thing?
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Falling in love, forming commitments, marrying, and forming families are "wrong"?
Why?
Can you explain why it's GOOD for straight people to do this, but bad for gay people to do the exact same thing?
"forming families"?
How do two queers form a family?
Artificial Insemnation? Wow, kids from a bottle?
Adoption? How do you justify taking a kid that has not yet reached the age of reason, and force him or her to live in a homosexual environment, which he or she may later resent, just to fulfil your fantasy?
Jill

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
"forming families"?
How do two queers form a family?
Artificial Insemnation? Wow, kids from a bottle?
Adoption? How do you justify taking a kid that has not yet reached the age of reason, and force him or her to live in a homosexual environment, which he or she may later resent, just to fulfil your fantasy?
Are you a TALABAN-GELICAL? It's none of your business what someone else does. You idiots cost the republicans the presidency. Keep it up and you'll lose the congress too.Mind your own affairs and leave people alone.Go back in your church and close the door. The Episcopaleans seem to have come out of the dark ages. The rest of you southern snake handlers need to do the same.
Ray

Coos Bay, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

It pains me say this but since the Constitution does not say anything about marriage it's up to the states if they want to allow the abomination that is gay "marriage". However gays that are "married" should not be given any benefits.
Jill

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Ray wrote:
It pains me say this but since the Constitution does not say anything about marriage it's up to the states if they want to allow the abomination that is gay "marriage". However gays that are "married" should not be given any benefits.
Why should you get any benefits then? Who the hell are you to say who gets married? This used to be a free country. Free from dark aged religeous nuts.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Dec 5, 2012
 
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
"forming families"?
How do two queers form a family?
Artificial Insemnation? Wow, kids from a bottle?
Adoption? How do you justify taking a kid that has not yet reached the age of reason, and force him or her to live in a homosexual environment, which he or she may later resent, just to fulfil your fantasy?
It's not too hard for you to understand, it it? I can try to help, but the ability to reason must come from you.

Gay people often find someone they can be attracted to, fall in love, make commitments, marry, and form loving families. Straight people do the same thing.

Here's what the dictionary says:

a : the basic unit in society traditionally consisting of two parents rearing their children; also : any of various social units differing from but regarded as equivalent to the traditional family <a single-parent family>

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Dec 5, 2012
 
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
......
Artificial Insemnation? Wow, kids from a bottle?
Adoption? How do you justify taking a kid that has not yet reached the age of reason, and force him or her to live in a homosexual environment, which he or she may later resent, just to fulfil your fantasy?
Many straight and gay couples adopt children, or choose to use all kinds of legal methods, such as artificial insemination, to be able to raise children.

A couple's sexual orientation has nothing do do with how a child is raised. Why in the world would it?

All parents, gay or straight, have the same love for their children, supply the same care, have the same dreams, and put in the same time and commitment.

When you grow up and become a parent, you will understand this a bit more. Hopefully, you will have learned to stop the silly trolling, and do something productive with your life, instead. If you can do that, it will benefit any children you have.

If you can't grow and learn, you will be a threat and an embarrassment to them.

Your choice.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Dec 5, 2012
 
Ray wrote:
It pains me say this but since the Constitution does not say anything about marriage it's up to the states if they want to allow the abomination that is gay "marriage". However gays that are "married" should not be given any benefits.
You don't consider a marriage contract a contract that must be enforceable across state borders? How odd. I suspect you don't need to be re-married every time you cross state's borders. Why would you think gay folks would put up with that?

And what benefits are you talking about? The same ones that straight couples get?

Why should a gay couple and their kids be forced to subsidize straight couples, to their own family's detriment? Can't straight couples stand on their own two feet?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••