Chick-fil-A caught in political firestorm over gay marriage

The opening of a Chick-fil-A outlet in Laguna Hills has become part of a national debate over the chicken eatery's chief executive and his views on gay marriage. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Frisbee

Renton, WA

#66 Aug 2, 2012
For Chist's sake Fitz. Do you think there's an Olympic Gold medal for Pedantry?
You just spent over SIX THOUSAND characters to tell me 'rounded up' isn't quite the same as 'persecuted'. A priggish non-point which I have already conceded. Get a grip.

If you want to pretend that you lack the comprehension skills to know I was referring to America, great. Doing so doesn't make you seem any more clever than boring to the center of the Earth over one word while completely disregarding the context and the entire point.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#67 Aug 2, 2012
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>Pro-war and Anti-"all men created equal"...
Good for you. You're such a great example. Go watch your Fox news. They've got more to feed to you. Blame your problems on people who don't want to be second class citizens and ignore who is actually causing them.
<quoted text>Businesses can have all the smokers they please in their bars, they just can't poison people while they are there. Comprehension still not your strong suit, I see.
Ahhh, the typical, stale, liberal retort. Blame Fox News, the #1 cable news network in the nation. Hmmmm, do I smell sour grapes?

And your silly "smokers poison people" line still falls flat after all of these years. Nobody was forcing non-smokers into smoking establishments, it was their choice to go there, or go somewhere else. But I guess non-smokers like you and me were too dumb to realize that, so government needed to step in and tell us what to do.

I guess government control is only applicable in situations that further advance your radical liberal agenda, eh?
Fitz

Mount Clemens, MI

#68 Aug 2, 2012
Frisbee wrote:
For Chist's sake Fitz. Do you think there's an Olympic Gold medal for Pedantry?
You just spent over SIX THOUSAND characters to tell me 'rounded up' isn't quite the same as 'persecuted'. A priggish non-point which I have already conceded. Get a grip.
If you want to pretend that you lack the comprehension skills to know I was referring to America, great. Doing so doesn't make you seem any more clever than boring to the center of the Earth over one word while completely disregarding the context and the entire point.
Can I get a Olympic Gold medal for Pedantry?

&

In all that; did not I make MY case, regarding the McCarthy era?
Frisbee

Renton, WA

#69 Aug 2, 2012
Fitz wrote:
In all that; did not I make MY case, regarding the McCarthy era?
The semantic nit-picking that I conceded over six thousand words ago?. Let it go, already. None of it has any bearing on the original poster's claim that actors and musicians only recently expressed political views in the public sphere, does it?

You offically can't see the forest for the trees. Congratulations.
Frisbee

Renton, WA

#70 Aug 2, 2012
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Blame Fox News, the #1 cable news network in the nation.
What have I blamed them for? Sure they deliver the propaganda, but it's harmless without minions to slop it up.

Mouth breathers are the easiest to spoon feed.
Sneaky Pete wrote:
And your silly "smokers poison people" line still falls flat after all of these years.
Then why do smoking bans exist? Sour grapes?
Sneaky Pete wrote:
I guess government control is only applicable in situations that further advance your radical liberal agenda, eh?
"Don't poison people".. Yeah, That's SOOOO radical. You have to walk a few steps to enjoy all the cigarettes you please, no different than having to walk a few steps to the restroom instead of pissing all over the bar. Your SOOOOO oppressed. Drama Queen.

Enjoy the bans, loser.
Straight

Moreno Valley, CA

#71 Aug 8, 2012
I thought the gays were for equal rights and Freedom of Speech.
So, whatís with the Chick-fil-A bashing?
Itís the same with any minority groups. If you donít agree with their views, they yell discrimination. Why should gays put up a big ruckus over Chick-fil-Aís rights?
Chick-fil-A should go to every gay personís place of business and demonstrate, hold up signs stating their views and all heterosexual couples kiss and make a spectacle of themselves for television.
Gays have been allowed and encouraged to force their beliefs onto others.
And all the while claiming free speech.
I support Chick-fil-A and any other business that stands up for what God wants. Gay demonstrations encourage vandalism and sexual misconduct in public.
No one is forcing gay people to eat at Chick-fil-A .
I hope gay people stop going there, it makes more room for me.
Straight at it

Moreno Valley, CA

#72 Aug 8, 2012
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, the typical, stale, liberal retort. Blame Fox News, the #1 cable news network in the nation. Hmmmm, do I smell sour grapes?
And your silly "smokers poison people" line still falls flat after all of these years. Nobody was forcing non-smokers into smoking establishments, it was their choice to go there, or go somewhere else. But I guess non-smokers like you and me were too dumb to realize that, so government needed to step in and tell us what to do.
I guess government control is only applicable in situations that further advance your radical liberal agenda, eh?
You are right! Nobody was forcing non-smokers into smoking establishments.
The establishment eliminated smoking inside because they wanted customers in order to stay open for business.
99% of smokers are inconsiderate any way. How many times have you seen a non-smoker flip a lit cigarette out a car window or on the ground?
How many people you know has died of cancer caused by cigarettes?
Only a complete idiot would suck on something that is on fire.
Only a complete fool would spend their paycheck on a carton of cigarettes or go without necessities for their family in order to smoke a rolled up piece of paper that has cancer chemicals in it. Smoking makes your teeth yellow.
Smokers stink.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#73 Aug 16, 2012
They need to add 'terrorism' and 'hate crime' to his charges.....This guy is a terrorist!

The suspect in a shooting Wednesday at the downtown Washington, D.C., offices of the Family Research Council made negative references to the group's work and policy positions before opening fire, sources told Fox News.

Floyd Lee Corkins II, of Herndon, Va., is expected to appear Thursday afternoon in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia before Magistrate Judge Alan Kay. Corkins, 28, has been charged with assault with intent to kill and interstate transportation of a firearm and ammunition..........

Corkins had volunteered recently at a community center for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people. Two law enforcement officials said Corkins was carrying sandwiches from Chick-fil-A, a fast-food chain whose chief executiveís public opposition to same-sex marriage led to a heated national cultural debate, including boycotts and events held in support of the Atlanta-based chain.

Authorities say Corkins was carrying a 9-mm. Sig Sauer handgun that was purchased and owned legally, said Richard Marianos, special agent in charge of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' Washington field office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gay Marriage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 28 min Edmond Pulpo 3,397
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 15 hr KiMare 56,679
SC seeks dismissal of gay marriage challenge Nov 14 Jonah1 36
What's stopping me from marrying a roommate? (Dec '13) Nov 11 Road Runner 3
Puerto Rico judge upholds gay marriage ban Nov 3 lides 105
Do gay marriage foes twist Bible? (Jun '11) Oct 31 mukesh 2,081
Jimmy Carter: Gay marriage should be up to states Oct 27 Gary 1

People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE