Gay marriage

There are 61385 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#38183 Mar 21, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I've never said homosexuals are despised.
I didn't say you did moron.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Poof

Madison, WI

#38184 Mar 21, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say you did moron.
Huh one more state that allows same sex marriage, yet not a single one for polygamy.

VICTORY - Judge Friedman strikes down ban on same-sex marriage ban in Michigan This means that same-sex marriage IS LEGAL NOW! Many of the County Clerks offices are already closed for the weekend. Check with your local clerk immediately. Michigan's Attorney General is already filing a motion requesting a suspension of Judge Friedman's ruling - so this window may close in the next few days. Click here to read the judge's ruling - See more at: http://www.equalitymi.org/marriage#sthash.LcU...

Go figure not a damn word about polygamy

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#38186 Mar 21, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Huh one more state that allows same sex marriage, yet not a single one for polygamy.
VICTORY - Judge Friedman strikes down ban on same-sex marriage ban in Michigan This means that same-sex marriage IS LEGAL NOW! Many of the County Clerks offices are already closed for the weekend. Check with your local clerk immediately. Michigan's Attorney General is already filing a motion requesting a suspension of Judge Friedman's ruling - so this window may close in the next few days. Click here to read the judge's ruling - See more at: http://www.equalitymi.org/marriage#sthash.LcU...
And STILL, ss couples are only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.

Any idea when that will change? It's still Uranus and Uranus trying to equate to the miraculous union of Mars and Venus..

Glad I'm not holding my breath...

Snicker smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#38187 Mar 21, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Huh one more state that allows same sex marriage, yet not a single one for polygamy.
Very observant Poof Daddy. Not one word about petunias or beer either.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#38188 Mar 21, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
God decides what is Sin not you (or I)
That may be true, but one has to believe in your god in order to believe in that sin......I believe in God, but who I am is who God created me to be....therefore I am NOT committing ANY sin with my wife within the confinements of our marriage!!!
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#38189 Mar 21, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great argument you have there Squeaky. Now lets get you back on topic. Why are you against gay marriage? I am for it and I have valid reasons. Why are you against it? Or are you just a stupid troll with a chip on his puny shoulder?
LOL, Speaking of stupid trolls...Princess, I'm in a 'Gay marriage'...BTW You are never on topic..

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#38190 Mar 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And STILL, ss couples are only ever mutually sterile,
Your bolts are on too tight.
People don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry, so nothing you said after this point matters.

Poof

Madison, WI

#38191 Mar 21, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Very observant Poof Daddy. Not one word about petunias or beer either.
We are talking about progress PUTZ . I sure don't understand why all the changes have taken place with marriage equality, but nothing about polygamy. What's with that Putz?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#38192 Mar 21, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't; they merely rule whether legislation is constitutional or not.
They did. Abolishing the sole legal definition of marriage as union of one man and one woman as husband and wife, by judicial fiat, is legislating for the bench.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#38193 Mar 21, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
They did. Abolishing the sole legal definition of marriage as union of one man and one woman as husband and wife, by judicial fiat, is legislating for the bench.
No, it's not. Just like getting rid of the laws that didn't allow marriage between members of certain races illegal wasn't.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#38194 Mar 21, 2014
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Speaking of stupid trolls...Princess, I'm in a 'Gay marriage'...BTW You are never on topic..
But gay marriage encompasses gay monogamy and gay polygamy. Why are you against gay polygamy? In other words, why are you a bigot and a hater?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#38196 Mar 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
However, you marriage is incapable of consummating the relationship...
Says the psychotic, schizophrenic with forged sanity papers.
Irrelevant and powerless, you impotent old fool.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#38197 Mar 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And STILL, ss couples are only ever mutually sterile...
And still, that's completely irrelevant.
Just like you, you silly old psychotic, schizophrenic fool.
UNCLE SUGAR

San Jose, CA

#38198 Mar 21, 2014
You tell'em Frankie

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#38199 Mar 21, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not. Just like getting rid of the laws that didn't allow marriage between members of certain races illegal wasn't.
Which races were those? Are a mixed race husband and wife, still husband and wife? Does their ethnicity interfere with their ability to interact as husband and wife?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#38200 Mar 21, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
God decides what is Sin not you (or I)
But you seem to decide what "God" says.

Hmmm.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#38201 Mar 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And STILL
Ooh, this is awkward, KiMerde:

"The Court finds Regnerus's testimony entirely unbelievable and not worthy of serious consideration. The evidence adduced at trial demonstrated that his 2012 'study' was hastily concocted at the behest of a third-party funder, which found it 'essential that the necessary data be gathered to settle the question in the forum of public debate about what kinds of family arrangement are best for society' and which 'was confident that the traditional understanding of marriage will be vindicated by this study.'... While Regnerus maintained that the funding source did not affect his impartiality as a researcher, the Court finds this testimony unbelievable. The funder clearly wanted a certain result, and Regnerus obliged." http://www.hrc.org/blog/entry/michigan-judge-...

Exactly what I told you MONTHS ago. Regnerus is the right-wing's paid whore. And you love him.

Silly old schizophrenic, psychotic fool.
Poof

Madison, WI

#38202 Mar 21, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
But gay marriage encompasses gay monogamy and gay polygamy. Why are you against gay polygamy? In other words, why are you a bigot and a hater?
Huh go figure polygamy is still illegal, even in Michigan. That judge must not agree
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#38203 Mar 21, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Huh go figure polygamy is still illegal, even in Michigan. That judge must not agree
We don't know that dummy.

So is recreational cannabis illegal in Michigan. But cannabis wasn't before the judge Poof Daddy, neither was polygamy. Duh. What a dope. Get a real argument. We'll wait...

>>>crickets chirping<<<

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#38204 Mar 21, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but that's NOT legislating from the bench.....that's UPHOLDING the Constitution when the States put out these mini DOMA's that are being ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!

Tell me something Pete, if these Judges were ruling in your favor......would they still be "LEGISLATING" from the bench as you claim?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Gay Marriage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Australian to soon post ballots in gay marriage... Sep '17 Gomez 1
News Australian court dismisses challenge to gay mar... Sep '17 Bella NE 5
News Australia's top court hears bid to stop gay mar... Sep '17 Gremlin 5
News Chile's Bachelet presents gay marriage bill Aug '17 Newt s Gimlet Rage 1
News Haiti may ban gay marriage, public support for ... Aug '17 Pepper 3
News Anti-gay marriage fight costs Kentucky at least... Aug '17 Evilgelicalling 18
News Legal fight continues over Mississippi gay-marr... Jul '17 Frankie Rizzo 29
More from around the web