Police arrest Egyptian TV station owner on trial for inciting murder of president

Police say the owner of a TV station on trial for incitement after calling for the murder of Egypt's Islamist president has been detained in connection with a series of allegations, including theft of electrical power and issuing a bounced check. Full Story
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Sep 30, 2012
We need laws like that in America because many on Right-wing radio and some anchors on Fox News like their former star, Glen Beck, have tacitly called for violence in America

. Fox News owners have even been accused of fraud in England; is our system too weak to go after super-rich Media mogul crooks?

“kill 'em with kindness......”

Since: Apr 11

Ontario

#2 Sep 30, 2012
Seems a little like that movie, "Minority Report" to me. In that movie you could be arrested for a 'Future Crime' which you had not committed yet, but a pool of psychics forsaw it so you got arrested, put in deep freeze and the crime did not happen which led to the ethical question of how do you arrest someone for something they did not do?

Arresting the Egyptian News TV Anchor for 'inciting the murder of the Egyptian President' seems the same. The Egyptian president was not, in fact, murdered, so where's the crime?

Arrest him for hate speech, or creating a public disturbance, sure -- but it's not attempted murder at all.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#3 Sep 30, 2012
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
We need laws like that in America because many on Right-wing radio and some anchors on Fox News like their former star, Glen Beck, have tacitly called for violence in America
. Fox News owners have even been accused of fraud in England; is our system too weak to go after super-rich Media mogul crooks?
Find another country to live in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Egypt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Egypt arrests 25 men in bath house raid Dec 9 Rainbow Kid 7
Living in fear: Egypt's gay community Dec 9 Belle Sexton 5
Questions and answers on Egypt's Mubarak ruling Dec 4 coyote 2
Analysis: Egypt's revolution is dead Nov 29 mjjcpa 1
McCain calls ouster of Egyptian president a 'coup' (Aug '13) Nov 27 Hooogle It 60
Egypt Opens Crossing to Gaza for 1st Time in Month Nov 26 Ratloder 1
Habbi Nov '14 Mayokween 1
More from around the web