Clinton to Egypt's Morsi: Find Way Ou...

Clinton to Egypt's Morsi: Find Way Out of Crisis

There are 11 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jul 14, 2012, titled Clinton to Egypt's Morsi: Find Way Out of Crisis. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Post contributors aren't staff, but may write articles or columns. In some cases, contributors are sources or experts quoted in a story.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#1 Jul 14, 2012
RIGHT ON..

Since: Jun 09

Twentynine Palms, CA

#2 Jul 14, 2012
Pardon my French, but what the hell will Secretary Clinton do if Morsi doesn't guantee liberty to his people -- including the Copts? Will she yell "Boo" and scare him? If anyone believes that Washington is serious about cutting aid to Egypt than I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell. Perhaps the US could move its embassy from Cairo to Alexandria and claim that Cairo should be partitioned betwenn Muslims and Copts.
Ben

Germany

#3 Jul 15, 2012
He must expell advisors from UsSA and change the system , support social issues, equal division of national money between people of Egypt ( so called nation ).

Twentynine Palms, CA

#4 Jul 15, 2012
Ben wrote:
He must expell advisors from UsSA and change the system , support social issues, equal division of national money between people of Egypt ( so called nation ).
Sounds a like like Nasser 2.0.

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

#5 Jul 15, 2012
Morsi is American educated Mozlem Brother that Obama and Hillary were able to push to power as president of Egypt with lies to the American people and to the world about "democracy" which is Obama's fraudulent name for the Shariya laws. However, more than half of the Egyptian people and the Military ruler of General Tantawi consider the Arab Spring revolution of the Mozlem Brother sympathizer Obama in Egyptian politics a foreign interference in Egyptian internal politics and act against the Egyptian people. Hillary Clintons effort to pressure the Military to give Egypt to the rule of the Mozlem Brotherhood and their oppressive Shariya laws as called for by Obama seemed to fail as the Military ruler General Tantawi's opposition to the Mozlem Brotherhood rule only strengthened. Why would American president Obama and his Secretary of State Hillary Clinton support the Jihadist Moslem Brother enemies of America and their terrorists organization of Hamas of Gaza while putting the security of Israel in major danger with the trashing of the peace treaty of 1979? Why would American president and his Secretary of State betray the Jewish people with lies and deceit about 'friendship' going behind the back of the American people to supporting the worst Jihadist enemies of America and Israel and make all efforts to surround Israel with Mozlem Brotherhood regime that seek its demise? What will Obama do next to undermine the security of Israel if re-elected?
"

Twentynine Palms, CA

#6 Jul 15, 2012
Jeff Brightone wrote:
Morsi is American educated Mozlem Brother that Obama and Hillary were able to push to power as president of Egypt with lies to the American people and to the world about "democracy" which is Obama's fraudulent name for the Shariya laws. However, more than half of the Egyptian people and the Military ruler of General Tantawi consider the Arab Spring revolution of the Mozlem Brother sympathizer Obama in Egyptian politics a foreign interference in Egyptian internal politics and act against the Egyptian people. Hillary Clintons effort to pressure the Military to give Egypt to the rule of the Mozlem Brotherhood and their oppressive Shariya laws as called for by Obama seemed to fail as the Military ruler General Tantawi's opposition to the Mozlem Brotherhood rule only strengthened. Why would American president Obama and his Secretary of State Hillary Clinton support the Jihadist Moslem Brother enemies of America and their terrorists organization of Hamas of Gaza while putting the security of Israel in major danger with the trashing of the peace treaty of 1979? Why would American president and his Secretary of State betray the Jewish people with lies and deceit about 'friendship' going behind the back of the American people to supporting the worst Jihadist enemies of America and Israel and make all efforts to surround Israel with Mozlem Brotherhood regime that seek its demise? What will Obama do next to undermine the security of Israel if re-elected?"
Maybe you're right, but I'm not certain that the Obama/Clinton foreign policy is so coherent -- in a negative or positive sense. I shed no tears over the ousters of tyrants like Gaddafi and Mubarak, but our leaders don't seem to think through the consequences of some of their foreign policy actions. Just because one is governed by a bad man, one should not assume that any replacement will be better. Call it the Jimmy Carter syndrome. Carter got rid of the Shah of Iran and Anastasio Somoza. Neither of them were great leaders, but who arose in their place? The Iranian mullahs and the Sandanistan Communists. The hyrda's head may be dangerous, but if you cut it off a worse one may arise in its place.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#7 Jul 15, 2012
Card Carrying Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you're right, but I'm not certain that the Obama/Clinton foreign policy is so coherent -- in a negative or positive sense. I shed no tears over the ousters of tyrants like Gaddafi and Mubarak, but our leaders don't seem to think through the consequences of some of their foreign policy actions. Just because one is governed by a bad man, one should not assume that any replacement will be better. Call it the Jimmy Carter syndrome. Carter got rid of the Shah of Iran and Anastasio Somoza. Neither of them were great leaders, but who arose in their place? The Iranian mullahs and the Sandanistan Communists. The hyrda's head may be dangerous, but if you cut it off a worse one may arise in its place.
like carter, the clintons are totally ignorant of what the issues are in the middle east.

to put it frankly, islam mandates the extermination of the jews, and war against all non-muslims until they submit to islam.

until they have read the koran and understand this one bit of information, they will forever be ignorant of what needs to be done.

muslims will never listen to a non-muslim over a fellow muslim. to think that clinton believes they will listen to her demands is truly unbelievable.

better for the usa to just take back all the money being given to egypt each year. it is just being used to finance the muslims war against israel.

Twentynine Palms, CA

#8 Jul 22, 2012
Asian Guy wrote:
Like carter, the clintons are totally ignorant of what the issues are in the middle east. to put it frankly, islam mandates the extermination of the jews, and war against all non-muslims until they submit to islam. until they have read the koran and understand this one bit of information, they will forever be ignorant of what needs to be done. muslims will never listen to a non-muslim over a fellow muslim. to think that clinton believes they will listen to her demands is truly unbelievable. better for the usa to just take back all the money being given to egypt each year. it is just being used to finance the muslims war against israel.
Ok, but Republican presidents have demonstarted equal ignorance. Bush-41's foreign policy guru was James "F--- the Jews" Baker, and Bush-43 rested his foreign policy upon Powell and Rice. I respect both General Powell and Professor Rice, but they are glassy-eyed when it comes to Islamic countries' current ability to be aprt of a region-wide movement for democracy. There are moderate Muslim leaders and schslars, but they are rare exceptions to the current Wahabist and Twelver tragjectory.(I realize that Wahabists and Twelvers may hate each other, but they both hate the Israel the US, tolerant Muslims, and the West in general. At the present time, some Wahabists may have toned down their efforts a bit out of concern for Iran, but they hate us nevertheless and will stab us in the back once they no longer find us useful against the ayatollahs -- perhaps sooner.)

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#10 Jul 22, 2012
Card Carrying Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, but Republican presidents have demonstarted equal ignorance. Bush-41's foreign policy guru was James "F--- the Jews" Baker, and Bush-43 rested his foreign policy upon Powell and Rice. I respect both General Powell and Professor Rice, but they are glassy-eyed when it comes to Islamic countries' current ability to be aprt of a region-wide movement for democracy. There are moderate Muslim leaders and schslars, but they are rare exceptions to the current Wahabist and Twelver tragjectory.(I realize that Wahabists and Twelvers may hate each other, but they both hate the Israel the US, tolerant Muslims, and the West in general. At the present time, some Wahabists may have toned down their efforts a bit out of concern for Iran, but they hate us nevertheless and will stab us in the back once they no longer find us useful against the ayatollahs -- perhaps sooner.)
I agree with you on everything you said but the comment you made on "moderate" muslims. there is no such thing as a moderate muslim. or even an radical muslim.

you are either muslim or you are not.

this is the point that I'm trying to explain.

and this is why the west never gets it. the koran mandates that muslims do not surrender to non-muslims during war. they may indulge in what they (the muslims) call hudna. but to surrender is a no-no. to surrender or even suggest surrendering to a non-muslim is sufficient to get your status as a muslim canceled.

this is not me saying this. this is written in the koran.

if you understand what I've said, then, you would understand that the muslims NEVER surrendered after world war one. what we the west have been experiencing since the beginning of the last century is a continuation of world war one.

yes, the muslims signed a host of peace treaties to end the hostilities towards them by the west during world war one. but to the muslims, they were no more than hudnas.

the definition of a hudna... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudna ..a truce that lasts no more then 10 years. yes, you can have multiple hudnas string up one after another. that's essentially how the muslims justify the frequent losses in their war with the west since the end of world war one.

don't believe me? consider this... the koran says a truce can be no more then 10 years. since their last "battle" with israel was back in 2005, that means at the very latest, they have to go back to the battlefield with israel by 2015.

as mandated by islam and written in the koran.

Twentynine Palms, CA

#11 Jul 23, 2012
Asian Guy wrote:
I agree with you on everything you said but the comment you made on "moderate" muslims. there is no such thing as a moderate muslim. or even an radical muslim.
you are either muslim or you are not. this is the point that I'm trying to explain. and this is why the west never gets it. the koran mandates that muslims do not surrender to non-muslims during war. they may indulge in what they (the muslims) call hudna. but to surrender is a no-no. to surrender or even suggest surrendering to a non-muslim is sufficient to get your status as a muslim canceled. this is not me saying this. this is written in the koran. if you understand what I've said, then, you would understand that the muslims NEVER surrendered after world war one. what we the west have been experiencing since the beginning of the last century is a continuation of world war one. yes, the muslims signed a host of peace treaties to end the hostilities towards them by the west during world war one. but to the muslims, they were no more than hudnas.
the definition of a hudna... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudna ..a truce that lasts no more then 10 years. yes, you can have multiple hudnas string up one after another. that's essentially how the muslims justify the frequent losses in their war with the west since the end of world war one.
don't believe me? consider this... the koran says a truce can be no more then 10 years. since their last "battle" with israel was back in 2005, that means at the very latest, they have to go back to the battlefield with israel by 2015. as mandated by islam and written in the koran.
But there may be moderate Muslims in the sense that there are Muslims who do not interpret and apply Quranic teachings and the Haditha as strictly as others. I don't know if you're Jewish, but you must know that there are some Jewish teachers who are more liberal (in the theological, not political, sense) than others and who apply Torah less strictly than others. I'm am not saying that the situation in Islam is identical to that in Judaism, of course.

Twentynine Palms, CA

#12 Jul 23, 2012
Asian Guy wrote:
...if you understand what I've said, then, you would understand that the muslims NEVER surrendered after world war one. what we the west have been experiencing since the beginning of the last century is a continuation of world war one. yes, the muslims signed a host of peace treaties to end the hostilities towards them by the west during world war one. but to the muslims, they were no more than hudnas. the definition of a hudna... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudna ..a truce that lasts no more then 10 years. yes, you can have multiple hudnas string up one after another. that's essentially how the muslims justify the frequent losses in their war with the west since the end of world war one...
I've read that the reason why the Arabs (not all Arans are Muslim, of course) surrendered Jerusalem was because the surrender leaflets dropped on them conatined a note from General Allenby which was misinterpreted as "Allah bey."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Egypt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Egypt's step toward democracy (May '12) Apr '17 Grieving prostitutes 2
News Egypt just found another ancient pyramid Apr '17 crazy luck eh 1
News Egypt's el-Sissi and America's Trump: A common ... Apr '17 He Named Me Black... 2
News Police clash with anti-Christian mob in souther... Mar '17 BuildTheWall 1
News Egypt launches 'revenge' airstrikes on ISIS in ... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Raging Tuk Tuk driver bashes Egypt economy, vid... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Parden Pard 1
News McCain: US must be friendly with Egypt amid cha... (Feb '12) Jul '16 Wife Swapping 7
More from around the web