Egypt court sentences 8 to death over...

Egypt court sentences 8 to death over prophet film

There are 10 comments on the USA Today story from Nov 28, 2012, titled Egypt court sentences 8 to death over prophet film. In it, USA Today reports that:

An Egyptian court convicted in absentia Wednesday seven Egyptian Coptic Christians and a Florida-based American pastor, sentencing them to death on charges linked to an anti-Islam film that had sparked riots in parts of the Muslim world.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#1 Nov 28, 2012
As foolish, vicious, dishonest, and cowardly as this "film" and its trailer were, as much damage as they caused, I must condemn the death sentences in absentia. NO civilized nation would permit a court to order a death sentence based on opposition to a religious belief-system.

Sad that Egypt's fallen this far...

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#4 Nov 28, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
As foolish, vicious, dishonest, and cowardly as this "film" and its trailer were, as much damage as they caused, I must condemn the death sentences in absentia. NO civilized nation would permit a court to order a death sentence based on opposition to a religious belief-system.
Sad that Egypt's fallen this far...
Not really knowing the complete content of the film...as the U.S. has freedom of speech I would agree with you.

I have done a cursory research and it seems that there was some criticism of muhammed in the movie and that when christians are attacked other muslims stand around and do nothing...

Remember 9/11 and how muslims cheered when the planes killed thousands of people...infidels...according to them...
thinkbeforeactin g

East Hartford, CT

#5 Nov 28, 2012
If you execute the people you turn them into martyrs.

Then watch the wave of anti-Islam propaganda that follows!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#6 Nov 28, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really knowing the complete content of the film...as the U.S. has freedom of speech I would agree with you.
I have done a cursory research and it seems that there was some criticism of muhammed in the movie and that when christians are attacked other muslims stand around and do nothing...
Remember 9/11 and how muslims cheered when the planes killed thousands of people...infidels...according to them...
"Some criticism?" Y'think?

"Instead, the movie, backed by hardcore anti-Islam groups in the United States, is a tome on Islam as fraud. In trailers posted on YouTube in July, viewers saw this: scene after scene of the Prophet Mohammed portrayed as a womanizer, buffoon, ruthless killer and child molester.

Islam forbids all depictions of Mohammed, let alone insulting ones."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/13/world/anti-isla...

Christians and 9/11 have nothhing to do with the issue.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#7 Nov 28, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
"Some criticism?" Y'think?
"Instead, the movie, backed by hardcore anti-Islam groups in the United States, is a tome on Islam as fraud. In trailers posted on YouTube in July, viewers saw this: scene after scene of the Prophet Mohammed portrayed as a womanizer, buffoon, ruthless killer and child molester.
Islam forbids all depictions of Mohammed, let alone insulting ones."
http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/13/world/anti-isla...
Christians and 9/11 have nothhing to do with the issue.
Actually it does...

Because muhammed was a killer, was a womanizer and a fraud...

Lets try this:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Fisher...

For one who had to prove himself worthy to marry a wealthy widow, Mohammed now had numerous female relationships. Following the death of Khadijah, Mohammed had approximately sixteen wives plus slave girls who were captured in battle. Upon his death Mohammed had nine wives still living and two slave girls. Two of his more controversial marriages were to Ayisha and Zainab. Ayisha was wed to Mohammed when she was only six years old with the marriage being consummated when she was still playing with toys at the age of nine. At the time, Mohammed was fifty-three years old. Zainab was his adopted sonís ex-wife. Muslim history seems clear that Zainab was divorced because Mohammed desired his sonís bride.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#8 Nov 28, 2012
Now, as for the 9/11 instance of cheering...that is muhammed's teachings in action...his very example...

Cheering on the deaths of the infidels...

It has EVERYTHING to do with 9/11...and muslims reactions to 9/11...

Dread Pirate Roberts

#9 Nov 28, 2012

The Qur'an

Mohammedís distressing situation culminated in reported spiritual experiences. For reasons of his own, Mohammed began to meditate in wilderness caves. He claimed that it was during one of these times that he was visited by a spiritual being which commanded him to recite a few sentences. Later, Mohammed believed he was being demon possessed and tried to kill himself but then again claimed to be rescued by another spiritual appearance, which assured him of his prophethood.

According to Muslim history, Mohammed continued to receive messages. He recited them to his followers who wrote them on any objects available such as rocks or bones. These messages came as Mohammed had episodes in which he would seem to have seizures. In the midst of these spells, Mohammed spoke as if Allah were speaking instead of him. He claimed that his spiritual guide, whom he later identified as the angel Gabriel, funneled messages through his poetic revelations. The Qur'an makes it clear that most Christians and Jews of that time believed this behavior to be either insanity or demonic. At first the sayings were short, but later in his life they became quite lengthy.

{The parallels here with the mormons is just a bit eerie actually...}

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#10 Nov 30, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it does...
Because muhammed was a killer, was a womanizer and a fraud...
Lets try this:
For one who had to prove himself worthy to marry a wealthy widow, Mohammed now had numerous female relationships. Following the death of Khadijah, Mohammed had approximately sixteen wives plus slave girls who were captured in battle. Upon his death Mohammed had nine wives still living and two slave girls. Two of his more controversial marriages were to Ayisha and Zainab. Ayisha was wed to Mohammed when she was only six years old with the marriage being consummated when she was still playing with toys at the age of nine. At the time, Mohammed was fifty-three years old. Zainab was his adopted sonís ex-wife. Muslim history seems clear that Zainab was divorced because Mohammed desired his sonís bride.
Multiple marriage was, and still is common in the Middle East...Muslims aren't Christians, and had to fight for their faith early on...."fraud" is something you couldn't possibly prove.

I'm not a Muslim, but I'm not a bigot like yourself, either. Like many Christians you simply can't see Islam through any but a Christian viewpoint.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#11 Nov 30, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Multiple marriage was, and still is common in the Middle East...Muslims aren't Christians, and had to fight for their faith early on...."fraud" is something you couldn't possibly prove.
I'm not a Muslim, but I'm not a bigot like yourself, either. Like many Christians you simply can't see Islam through any but a Christian viewpoint.
Ah...so because it is "different" ignoring the inherent violence and other...shall we say unsavory...we won't say "sinful" things because that is "christian"...things ...we must accept them and their...terroristic...excuse me...peace challenged ways? Hmm...you know two interesting things...nazi's had a "different" belief system...guess we must accept that too...and nazi's and muslims get along very well together...still do...usually are allied together...wonder why that is?

Dread Pirate Roberts

#12 Nov 30, 2012
In essence the professor...you're saying that the serial killer is just misunderstood and wanting him or her to face what they have done is judging them for their belief system...and looking at it for a christian view...that serial killer is not christian...

{Sigh}

They teach you that in one of those fancy high falutin' universities...you know the progressive liberal ones...the ones that actually started out christian and still have christian charters?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Egypt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Breathing new life into a blasphemy law, Egypt ... Apr '16 The Proclaimer 1
News Egypt sentences 4 Coptic teenagers for contempt... Feb '16 Vote UKIP 2
News Egypt Says King Tut Mask Was Scratched, Sends 8... Jan '16 Felonius Monkey B... 1
News Israeli military prepares for Lebanon and Syria... (Jul '13) Sep '15 ocxz 51
News Egypt president welcomes return of US military aid (Apr '15) Aug '15 OId Sailor 3
News McCain calls ouster of Egyptian president a 'coup' (Aug '13) Jul '15 Sick of Rinos 69
News Egyptian youths face trial for 'insulting Islam... (May '15) May '15 flame of truth 7
More from around the web