Cuba looks to curb deadly scourge of ...

Cuba looks to curb deadly scourge of jaywalking

There are 11 comments on the USA Today story from Mar 4, 2013, titled Cuba looks to curb deadly scourge of jaywalking. In it, USA Today reports that:

Jaywalking is endemic in Havana, where islanders seem to treat the streets like a real-life version of the video game Frogger, weaving in and out of traffic while risking life and limb to reach the other side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Sandy

Hollywood, FL

#1 Mar 4, 2013
Miami-dade , SweetWater and Hialeah in S.Florida have the same if not worse problem and I have NEVER seen a single KeyStone cop do a damn thing about it.

“Abbiamo Vinto”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2 Mar 5, 2013
ya se callo!
Yuma

Stoney Creek, Canada

#3 Mar 9, 2013
Just came back from my 7th visit to Cuba and what you read is all true.
The traffic is horrific,the pedestrians negligent I'm surprised that there are not more traffic fatalities,when I cross it is alway's at the proper crossing even then it's dangerous,cars will turn and not stop even if you have the right of way,but don't worry if the car doesn't kill you the heavy smoke emission will!!
Armando

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#4 Mar 9, 2013
Yuma wrote:
Just came back from my 7th visit to Cuba and what you read is all true.
The traffic is horrific,the pedestrians negligent I'm surprised that there are not more traffic fatalities,when I cross it is alway's at the proper crossing even then it's dangerous,cars will turn and not stop even if you have the right of way,but don't worry if the car doesn't kill you the heavy smoke emission will!!
Pero coņo,tu no te habias ido a cazas salamandras indito?
Sandy

Hollywood, FL

#5 Mar 9, 2013
Yuma wrote:
Just came back from my 7th visit to Cuba and what you read is all true.
The traffic is horrific,the pedestrians negligent I'm surprised that there are not more traffic fatalities,when I cross it is alway's at the proper crossing even then it's dangerous,cars will turn and not stop even if you have the right of way,but don't worry if the car doesn't kill you the heavy smoke emission will!!
Are you speaking about Cuba or Cuban run Miami-dade and Hialeah?
Sandy

Hollywood, FL

#6 Mar 9, 2013
Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Pero coņo,tu no te habias ido a cazas salamandras indito?
The salamander searching with our distinguished and respected friend Gitano spoke of is tommorrow.

Funny thing is no salamanders in Cuba or the Caribbeans but one type found in Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, northeastern Brazil and they are the only type of salamander (NOT to be confused with lizards) that you find in tropical climates.

Very rare and a strict cave dweller thus do prefer cooler temps.

"Bolitoglossa is a genus of salamanders, also called tropical climbing salamanders or web-footed salamanders, in the Plethodontidae family. Their range is Central and South America: Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, northeastern Brazil, and central Bolivia. These arboreal and terrestrial"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolitoglossa

I know my friend Gitano would trade you an 'autoographed" Marco Rubio book for a pair of Colombian tropical climbing salamanders because he can not find them in USA.
Armando

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#7 Mar 9, 2013
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>
The salamander searching with our distinguished and respected friend Gitano spoke of is tommorrow.
Funny thing is no salamanders in Cuba or the Caribbeans but one type found in Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, northeastern Brazil and they are the only type of salamander (NOT to be confused with lizards) that you find in tropical climates.
Very rare and a strict cave dweller thus do prefer cooler temps.
"Bolitoglossa is a genus of salamanders, also called tropical climbing salamanders or web-footed salamanders, in the Plethodontidae family. Their range is Central and South America: Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, northeastern Brazil, and central Bolivia. These arboreal and terrestrial"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolitoglossa
I know my friend Gitano would trade you an 'autoographed" Marco Rubio book for a pair of Colombian tropical climbing salamanders because he can not find them in USA.
Chica,se nota que no eres cubano! Cuba es uno de los ligares donde mas salamandras hay!Yo cuando niņo tenia varios topos de ellas!

www.cubanaturaleza.org/en/fauna-animal-life/-...
Cuba is one of the Antillean islands with more diversity of amphibians.... Cuba doesn't have representatives of other groups of amphibians as the salamanders,...
http://www.cubanaturaleza.org/en/fauna-animal...
Armando

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#8 Mar 9, 2013
Jaja indito era una broma!
Sandy

Hollywood, FL

#9 Mar 9, 2013
Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Chica,se nota que no eres cubano! Cuba es uno de los ligares donde mas salamandras hay!Yo cuando niņo tenia varios topos de ellas!
www.cubanaturaleza.org/en/fauna-animal-life/-...
Cuba is one of the Antillean islands with more diversity of amphibians.... Cuba doesn't have representatives of other groups of amphibians as the salamanders,...
http://www.cubanaturaleza.org/en/fauna-animal...
"Cuba doesn't have representatives of other groups of amphibians as the salamanders"

Lol you had LIZARDS as kid ,NOT salamanders. Your OWN link states that NO salamanders in Cuba.

No wonder Cuba is still not liberated, You Batistian Cubans are in a class all by yourself.

"Cuba is one of the Antillean islands with more diversity of amphibians. Until these days are known 57 species of frogs and toads , of them 54 are endemic, that makes of our amphibians the group of vertebrates with more endemismo. Cuba doesn't have representatives of other groups of amphibians as the salamanders, newts and cecilias. The mountain range of the oriental region of Cuba store the biggest diversity of species."

http://www.cubanaturaleza.org/en/fauna-animal...
Sandy

Hollywood, FL

#10 Mar 9, 2013
Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Chica,se nota que no eres cubano! Cuba es uno de los ligares donde mas salamandras hay!Yo cuando niņo tenia varios topos de ellas!
www.cubanaturaleza.org/en/fauna-animal-life/-...
Cuba is one of the Antillean islands with more diversity of amphibians.... Cuba doesn't have representatives of other groups of amphibians as the salamanders,...
http://www.cubanaturaleza.org/en/fauna-animal...
"Cuba doesn't have representatives of other groups of amphibians as the salamanders"

Sir
Please have yourself checked for dementia .
Armando

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#11 Mar 9, 2013
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Cuba doesn't have representatives of other groups of amphibians as the salamanders"
Sir
Please have yourself checked for dementia .
Indito era una broma! No te alteres chica! Te pareces mucho a Cherokee cuando te alteras!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories - Cuba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
News US reportedly may abstain from UN vote condemni... (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 9
News US airlines to start scheduled flights to Cuba (Jun '16) Jun '16 Fundieraisers 3
News President Obama to visit Cuba in coming weeks (Feb '16) Mar '16 Emily Latella 21
News Trump: Maybe Cuba should take over Gitmo 'and r... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Trump Truth 1
News Sources: Obama to visit Cuba next month (Feb '16) Feb '16 mjjcpa 1
News Bucket-list item for African Americans: Experie... (Jan '16) Feb '16 BigBill 5
More from around the web